Solikamsk

What is Solikamsk known for?


story quot

thumb Iset ironworks factory near Yekaterinburg, established in 1726 (photo of 1910). (File:1910Верх-исетский завод.jpg) In the 17th century, Ural became inhabited by Slavs who brought advanced farming technique and craftsmanship. This changed the lifestyle of the area and quenches the past armed conflicts. Grain-based agriculture, small-scale industries (wood, leather, pottery, blacksmithing, etc.) and a network of markets spread over Ural. The salt industry was developed in Solikamsk. At the same time, the national and social oppression started of the indigenous people of the area, such as Mansi (Mansi people), Khanty (Khanty people) and Bashkirs. **Expanded a bit. The image, however, is deleted from the article on Tallinn by Estonian nationalists. --Ghirla (User:Ghirlandajo) talk (User talk:Ghirlandajo) 09:18, 2 February 2006 (UTC) *Leninsk-Kuznetski, Neftekamsk, Odintsovo, Salavat and Solikamsk substabs by User:Darwinek (actually I have created more than 20 of these substabs) - Darwinek (User:Darwinek) 02:02, 1 February 2006


people work

#Municipal divisions municipal division , the town of krai significance of Solikamsk is incorporated as '''Solikamsk Urban Okrug'''. Law #1772-368 Salt production The town is famous for its production of salt; in particular, potassium chloride, which is used as a fertilizer. More than 11,000 people work in salt mining, 3,000 underground, and 7,000 above ground. It is also close to a labor camp during the Soviet times, which is now used


religious buildings

), the oldest surviving house in the Urals. *A two-storey wooden house dating from the early 18th century. *Turchaninov's residence from the 1760s and 1780s. The most important religious buildings are the following: Brumfield, William. ''Solikamsk: Architectural Heritage in Photographs'' (Moscow: Tri Kvadrata, 2007) ISBN 978-5-94607-069-0 (in English and in Russian) *The ''Trinity Cathedral'' (1683–97) with five domes, three far-flung porches (of which two survive), the annex of John the Baptist (consecrated 1689) and the annex of Saint Nicholas (consecrated in 1693). Some architectural elements have no parallel anywhere in Russia. *The octagonal ''Bell Tower (Solikamsk Bell Tower)'' was built in 1713. It also has no parallel in Russian architecture. *The five-domed ''Church of the Lord's Epiphany'' (1688–95) contains a choice selection of icons from a local art museum. The tent-like belfry was rebuilt in the 1940s. *The ''Church of St. John the Baptist'' (1721–28) with a tall belfry and a huge refectory. *The ''Cathedral of the Cross'' (1698–1709) was rebuilt by the Soviets into a brewery. It was only in 2009 that the church's dome was restored. The palmette decoration of the walls is the earliest of its kind in Russia. *The 5-domed ''Church of the Mandylion'' (1689–91) is situated in the former kremlin. Its altar contains another altar, which is very rare. The smaller 1-domed ''church of Michael the Archangel'' (1712–25) was intended for winter services. *The ''Monastery of the Holy Trinity'' contains the 1-domed katholikon (built in 1698–1704) and the belfry-church of the Lord's Ascension (built in 1731–1734, mainly using funds provided by the Turchaninov industrialist family). *The ''Convent of the Saviour's Transfiguration'' contains the 5-domed katholikon (built in 1683-92) with a tent-like belfry and a tiny church of Mary's Presentation at the Temple (consecrated in 1713). *The large and complex ''Church of the Nativity'' and the Resurrection was built from 1714 onward. Its domes and belfry were removed by the Bolsheviks. Other local sights include an old salt pit (in use since 1906) and the Salt Museum which occupies the buildings of a saltworks established in 1878. The oldest brick building in the Urals, the Church of the Cross's Exultation (1678), is located in the former village of Verkh-Borovaya, 5.16 Transport Chusovoy is a major transport hub. Gornozavodsk railway and railway that runs to Solikamsk connect the town with Perm and other towns in the eastern part of the krai. Kungur–Solikamsk highway runs through Chusovoy. In recent years, it was connected with Perm by a new road through Polazna. The Great Purge In 1934 Chubar was transferred to Moscow, where he became Deputy Chairman (Deputy Premier of the Soviet Union) of the national Council of People's Commissars and Deputy Chairman of the USSR Council of Labor and Defense. In February 1935 Chubar was made a full member of the Politburo. He briefly served as the Soviet People's Commissar of Finance between August 16, 1937 and January 19, 1938. In 1938 Chubar was appointed the chief of the Solikamsk construction for the GULAG of Soviet Commissariat of Interior (NKVD). There he was arrested during the Great Purge in June 1938 and executed in February 1939. The Soviet government cleared Chubar of all charges during the first wave of destalinization in 1955.


Prison

(Aghidhel) River Belaya , Ik (Ik River), Izh (Izh River), Zay (Zay River), Vyatka (Vyatka River) and Myosha Rivers. The cities situated on the banks of the Kama are Solikamsk, Berezniki, Perm, Sarapul, and Naberezhnye Chelny. It is located to the west of the Ural Mountains and is a fairly well used trade route. thumb 300px Butyrka prison, 1890s (Image:Moscow, Butyrka Prison, 1890s.jpg‎) Shalamov joined a Trotskyist-leaning group and on February 19, 1929

, was arrested and sent to Butyrskaya prison for solitary confinement. He was later sentenced to three years of correctional labor (GULAG) in the town of Vizhaikha (Krasnovishersk), convicted of distributing the "Letters to the Party Congress" known as Lenin's Testament, which were critical of Joseph Stalin, and of participating in a demonstration marking the tenth anniversary of the Soviet revolution (October revolution) with the slogan "Down with Stalin"

;. Courageously he refused to sign the sentence branding him a criminal. By train he was taken to the former Solikamsk monastery (Solikamsk), which was transformed into a militsiya headquarters of the Visher department of Solovki ITL (Solovki prison camp) "ITL" stands for Ispravitelno-Trudovoi Lager which means Correctional Labor Camp OGPU (VishLAG). It was here that Shalamov truly realized what the Soviet government was all about and it was here


published including

, where he worked as a journalist and managed to see some of his essays and articles published, including his first short story "The three deaths of Doctor Austino" (1936). Bishop of Perm and Solokamsk On July 30, 1914, Andronik was appointed bishop of Perm and Solikamsk. Eleven days before, on July 19, World War I began. As the war progressed, he worked energetically for one and a half million inhabitants and 570 churches in this region. Joachim von Rohr


local production

: there exist deposits of these minerals in the East Baikal Area and Kazhakstan. *Borax and Potash: These minerals are exploited in great quantities in Solikamsk. The local production was 1,800,000 tonnes in 1937. The total reserves of potash are estimated at 15,000 tonnes, and magnesium stay in about 18,000,000 tonnes. In Lake Inder (central Asia) there is 30,000 tonnes. *Asbestos: This mineral was extracted in an Asbestos mine near Sverdlovsk in the Urals from 1889. The fiber


time cultural

. Coat of arms Coat of arms was granted to Solikamsk on July 17, 1783. The arms show in the upper half the arms of Perm Governorate. The lower half shows a salt well, due to Solikamsk being the largest producer of salt and magnesium in Russia at the time. Cultural heritage Cultural heritage monuments in Solikamsk include a slew of old churches and several civic buildings of importance, including: *The governor's residence (:ru:Дом воеводы (Соликамск)) (1673–1688


salt

with the discovery and exploitation by miners and merchants, probably from Vologda, of massive salt deposits on the banks of the Usolka River. The name of the town is derived from

the Russian words " " (Kama River, flowing through the town). The rapid growth of Solikamsk in the 17th century was predicated on the establishment of the Babinov Road, which was the only overland route leading from European Russia to Siberia. This road started in Solikamsk. The Stroganov family operated the country's largest salt-mining facilities in Solikamsk and the surrounding area


articles published

, where he worked as a journalist and managed to see some of his essays and articles published, including his first short story "The three deaths of Doctor Austino" (1936). Bishop of Perm and Solokamsk On July 30, 1914, Andronik was appointed bishop of Perm and Solikamsk. Eleven days before, on July 19, World War I began. As the war progressed, he worked energetically for one and a half million inhabitants and 570 churches in this region. Joachim von Rohr


construction site

the security guards returned him to the reality of life from the revolutionary euphoria that took Russia as a hostage. Shalamov was released in 1931 and worked in the new town of Berezniki, Perm Oblast at the local chemical plant construction site. He was given the opportunity to travel to Kolyma for colonization. Sarcastically, Shalamov said that he would go there only under enforced escort, but, ironically, fate would hold him to his promise later. He returned to Moscow in 1932, where he worked as a journalist and managed to see some of his essays and articles published, including his first short story "The three deaths of Doctor Austino" (1936). Bishop of Perm and Solokamsk On July 30, 1914, Andronik was appointed bishop of Perm and Solikamsk. Eleven days before, on July 19, World War I began. As the war progressed, he worked energetically for one and a half million inhabitants and 570 churches in this region. Joachim von Rohr was taken prisoner on June 28, 1709 during the Battle of Poltava. Joachim along with his wife and daughter were sent to Siberia. His firstborn daughter, Anna von Rohr married Anders Örbom (1675–1740) while in Solikamski, Siberia, Russia. Örbom was born in Örebro, Sweden on May 9, 1675. His father was a man named Brask, who was a District Court Judge in Örebro. Anders joined the military in 1691 and he took part in the campaign at Humle­bäck on Zealand, a Danish island where Copenhagen is located, in 1700. On July 7, 1701 he left camp and on July 9, 1701 he crossed the Düna River in Riga in Ukraine. ... At the wars end, Joachim and his family were allowed to return to Sweden. 5.16 Transport Chusovoy is a major transport hub. Gornozavodsk railway and railway that runs to Solikamsk connect the town with Perm and other towns in the eastern part of the krai. Kungur–Solikamsk highway runs through Chusovoy. In recent years, it was connected with Perm by a new road through Polazna. The Great Purge In 1934 Chubar was transferred to Moscow, where he became Deputy Chairman (Deputy Premier of the Soviet Union) of the national Council of People's Commissars and Deputy Chairman of the USSR Council of Labor and Defense. In February 1935 Chubar was made a full member of the Politburo. He briefly served as the Soviet People's Commissar of Finance between August 16, 1937 and January 19, 1938. In 1938 Chubar was appointed the chief of the Solikamsk construction for the GULAG of Soviet Commissariat of Interior (NKVD). There he was arrested during the Great Purge in June 1938 and executed in February 1939. The Soviet government cleared Chubar of all charges during the first wave of destalinization in 1955.

Solikamsk

'''Solikamsk''' (

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017