Severodvinsk

What is Severodvinsk known for?


original version

in Komsomolsk-na-Amure in the Far East. Fourteen were extensively modified in 1966–1972 and became known as 629A's by the Soviet Navy and Golf IIs by NATO (the original version having been designated Golf I). The major change was the upgrade of the missile system to carry R-21 (R-21 (missile)) missiles which could be launched from inside their tubes with the submarine submerged and increased speed. In later years a few were converted to test new missiles and others had different


related amp``

cathedral of St. Nicholas was built in 1670-74, preceded by the Assumption church (1664–1667), to which it is joined by a gallery. Several decades later, the walls and towers were built of timber; the best preserved of these towers was transported by the Soviets to Kolomenskoye, Moscow, where it still remains. Severodvinsk is the second largest city in Arkhangelsk Oblast. Its main industry remains defense related — the construction and repair of submarines at the huge Northern Machinebuilding Enterprise-SEVMASH (Sevmash) (Северное Машиностроительное Предприятие-СЕВМАШ). The Soviet Union's first nuclear submarine ''Leninsky Komsomol (Soviet submarine K-3 Leninsky Komsomol)'' was built here in 1957 and at the beginning of the 1980s, the world's largest submarine, Typhoon class submarine, was also built here, later recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records. Modern city The modern city of Severodvinsk was developed in the Soviet period. As it began to be built it was called '''Sudostroy''' ( Administratively, the coast and the islands belong to Primorsky District (Primorsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast) of Arkhangelsk Oblast.


wooden architecture

1471, when two sons of Marfa Boretskaya died in a vicious storm; their bodies were recovered on the beach near the monastery twelve days later. At the urging of Boretskaya, the monastery was restored and her sons were buried there. On August 24, 1553, a ship of Richard Chancellor reached the salt-mining settlement of Nyonoksa, which is still famous for its traditional wooden architecture. The British sailors visited the Nikolo-Korelsky Monastery, where they were surprised


work military

Arkhangelsk K-525 laid down in 1975 and K-206 (Russian submarine K-206 Murmansk) laid down in 1979. Both were decommissioned in 1996 and scrapped in 2004.


world social

Administratively, the coast and the islands belong to Primorsky District (Primorsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast) of Arkhangelsk Oblast.


special training

"). K-27 was towed to a special training area in the Kara Sea and scuttled there on 6 September 1982 in the point 72°31'N 55°30'E (north-east coast of Novaya Zemlya, Stepovoy Bay) at a depth 33 m only (in contravention of an IAEA requirement which asked to scuttle the submarine somewhere at a depth not less than 3,000–4,000 m). К-27 проект 645 Background Construction of the nuclear submarine ''K-407'' ''Novomoskovsk'' began at the Northern Machinebuilding Enterprise (Sevmash) in Severodvinsk on February 2, 1987, Korabli VMF SSSR Vol. 1, Part 1, Yu. Apalkov, Sankt Peterburg, 2002, ISBN 5-8172-0069-4 and it became part of the Soviet Navy on November 27, 1990. She was the last of seven 667BDRM ''Delfin'' submarines and the last SSBN submarine built in the USSR. This class of submarines was developed at the Rubin Design Bureau in 1975 and is considered one of the most successful Soviet submarine missile carrier designs. "667BDRM Dolphin DELTA IV". ''GlobalSecurity.org''. 250px right thumb The VMF Typhoon class submarine (File:Typhoon3.jpg), is nuclear powered and the world's largest-displacement submarine. Submarine Milestones -- Largest Subs; 1981: Typhoon Class (Soviet and Russian) National Geographic At the height of the Cold War, approximately five to ten nuclear submarines were being commissioned from each of the four Soviet submarine yards (Sevmash in Severodvinsk, Admiralteyskiye Verfi in St. Petersburg, Krasnoye Sormovo in Nizhny Novgorod, and Amurskiy Zavod in Komsomolsk-on-Amur). From the late 1950s through the end of 1997, the Soviet Union, and later Russia, built a total of 245 nuclear submarines, more than all other nations combined. CNS - Resources on Russian Nuclear Submarines birth_date Administratively, the coast and the islands belong to Primorsky District (Primorsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast) of Arkhangelsk Oblast.


related amp,

cathedral of St. Nicholas was built in 1670-74, preceded by the Assumption church (1664–1667), to which it is joined by a gallery. Several decades later, the walls and towers were built of timber; the best preserved of these towers was transported by the Soviets to Kolomenskoye, Moscow, where it still remains. Severodvinsk is the second largest city in Arkhangelsk Oblast. Its main industry remains defense related — the construction and repair of submarines at the huge Northern Machinebuilding Enterprise-SEVMASH (Sevmash) (Северное Машиностроительное Предприятие-СЕВМАШ). The Soviet Union's first nuclear submarine ''Leninsky Komsomol (Soviet submarine K-3 Leninsky Komsomol)'' was built here in 1957 and at the beginning of the 1980s, the world's largest submarine, Typhoon class submarine, was also built here, later recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records. Modern city The modern city of Severodvinsk was developed in the Soviet period. As it began to be built it was called '''Sudostroy''' ( Administratively, the coast and the islands belong to Primorsky District (Primorsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast) of Arkhangelsk Oblast.


traditional wooden

1471, when two sons of Marfa Boretskaya died in a vicious storm; their bodies were recovered on the beach near the monastery twelve days later. At the urging of Boretskaya, the monastery was restored and her sons were buried there. On August 24, 1553, a ship of Richard Chancellor reached the salt-mining settlement of Nyonoksa, which is still famous for its traditional wooden architecture. The British sailors visited the Nikolo-Korelsky Monastery, where they were surprised to find a community of "sailors in soutanes (cassocks)" and a pier large enough to accommodate several ships. The main church of this extraordinary establishment was dedicated to Saint Nicholas, the holy patron of sailors; hence, the whole White Sea became known in 16th-century English maps as "St. Nicholas Bay". In late 1613, during the Time of Troubles, Severodvinsk with the monastery was captured and looted by Polish-Lithuanian vagabonds, the Lisowczycy. The Nikolo-Korelsky Monastery flourished after the establishment of the Muscovy Company, as the bulk of their trade passed through the local harbor. In August 1618, the harbour was visited by John Tradescant the elder, who conducted a survey of an island situated opposite the monastery. This island became known to the British as "Rose Island", because it was there that Tradescant found an exceedingly rare plant which he named "Rosa moscovita" and brought back to London. Administratively, the coast and the islands belong to Primorsky District (Primorsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast) of Arkhangelsk Oblast.


experimental quot

on 6 June 1963, and commissioned (ship commissioning) on 9 October 1963. The keel of the K-27 was laid down on 15 June 1958 at Severodvinsk Shipyard No. 402. K-27 Project 645. Deepstorm.ru. Retrieved on 8 November 2011. She was launched on 1 April 1962, and she went into service as an experimental "attack submarine" on 30 October 1963. ref name "K-27" >


related amp""

cathedral of St. Nicholas was built in 1670-74, preceded by the Assumption church (1664–1667), to which it is joined by a gallery. Several decades later, the walls and towers were built of timber; the best preserved of these towers was transported by the Soviets to Kolomenskoye, Moscow, where it still remains. Severodvinsk is the second largest city in Arkhangelsk Oblast. Its main industry remains defense related — the construction and repair of submarines at the huge Northern Machinebuilding Enterprise-SEVMASH (Sevmash) (Северное Машиностроительное Предприятие-СЕВМАШ). The Soviet Union's first nuclear submarine ''Leninsky Komsomol (Soviet submarine K-3 Leninsky Komsomol)'' was built here in 1957 and at the beginning of the 1980s, the world's largest submarine, Typhoon class submarine, was also built here, later recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records. Modern city The modern city of Severodvinsk was developed in the Soviet period. As it began to be built it was called '''Sudostroy''' ( Administratively, the coast and the islands belong to Primorsky District (Primorsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast) of Arkhangelsk Oblast.

Severodvinsk

'''Severodvinsk''' (

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017