pobratrusiq.html (in Bulgarian) (Since June 1999) * Berdyansk, Ukraine http: www.obshtinayambol.org pobratukraina.html in Bulgarian) (Since June 2003) The 100-series AKs are produced by the Izhmash factories in Izhevsk, Russia. Berdan II The model of 1870, or Berdan II, is a single shot bolt action with a distinctive short, pear-shaped, bolt handle. The bolt handle serves as the only locking lug for the action, and when
Шувалов; 1711–1762) was a Russian statesman (politician) and Field Marshal who, together with his brother Aleksandr Shuvalov, paved the way for the elevation of the Shuvalov family to the highest offices of the Russian Empire. He is also remembered as the founder of Izhevsk, the capital of Udmurtia. production 1998–2005 assembly Asan, Korea Izhevsk, Russia Gaborone, Botswana (TMBC (The Motor Company of Botswana))<
the settlement was visited by vagrant performers — skomorokhs with mountain bears, strongmans and fakirs. Since the turn of the 19th century, shows took places in booths — temporary structures with benches for the rich and standing rooms for the poor. The first Izhevsk circus was built by Aleksandr Koromyslov in 1895. It had existed till the Civil War (Russian Civil War) began. On 21 September 1926, the Kolart Circus was opened. It was made of wood and seated 1,500 spectators. In 1943
in Izhevsk *A guide to the contemporary art, music and culture of Izhevsk (Category:Izhevsk) Category:1760s establishments in Russia Category:Populated places established in 1760
, the city was called '''Ustinov''' ( wikipedia:Izhevsk
that had been renamed for recent Soviet leaders were reverted back to their former names. The Baltic State Technical Military-Mechanical University in Saint Petersburg changed its name to the Ustinov Baltic State Technical Military-Mechanical University. A warship, the Russian cruiser Marshal Ustinov , is named after him. The '''Udmurt Republic''' ( ), or '''Udmurtia
thumb Monument to Izhevsk Armourers (File:Monument to Izhevsk Armourers1.JPG) Do * Go see the popular local ice hockey team, Izhstal. Learn Udmurt State University has Russian language programs for interested students. It is also possible to get a teaching position in a Russian grammar school through Svezhy Veter. the central market (beside the bus station) you can purchase many things, fruits, vegetables, meat and fish, or outside you will find clothing, fur hats and gloves household goods and a variety of other items. Eat * Club Kino — upscale pool hall with good Japanese food * wikipedia:Izhevsk
. In the 1820s, 1830s, and 1840s, a number of large stone building was erected. St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (Izhevsk)) was built between 1818 and 1823, and visited by Tsar Alexander (Alexander I of Russia) (who considered Alexander Nevsky his patron saint) shortly after its completion. Other noteworthy large stone buildings which still remain from that era include the Arsenal (1823–25), Public Offices (1843–45) and house of contractor Egor Novikov. All improved Izhevsk's appearance. By 1850, the settlement had more than doubled, to population of 19,163. Its territory was about 6200 square miles. 3499 buildings were wooden, and 27 others, including three churches, were made of stone. The settlement had 1066 wells. Izhevsky Zavod after the Emancipation Reform of 1861 On February 19, 1861, Emperor of Russia Alexander II (Alexander II of Russia) carried out the Emancipation Reform (Emancipation reform of 1861). On October 9, 1865, Berg-kollegia apprehending the prospective cost increase leased the Arms Factory to the Partnership of Industrialists. In 1866, serfs of the Factory received their liberty according with 1861 Emancipation Manifesto and got self-government. Izhevsky Zavod was divided into two volosts: Nagornaya (Nagornaya Volost) and Zarechnaya (Zarechnaya Volost), or Zareka. Each volost had its board of administration and consisted of rural societies. Rural society was headed by a ''starosta'', selected in the gathering. There were seven rural societies in Nagornaya Volost; Zarechnaya Volost consisted of four. Administrations of volosts reported to the Board of Sarapul Zemstvo. They were led by volost ''starshinas'', elected for three years. Volost administrations were in the charge of duty acting and tax payment by people. They issued passports, managed improvement of territory and other local affairs. Administrative and police oversight was carried out by the factory administration. Besides the administration delivered documents of title to land and house. The ponds, pastures and hayfields were turned over to the armorers and artisans. The abolition of serfdom aggravated property inequalities between the inhabitants of Izhevsky Zavod. Well-to-do sections of population were the factory management, skilled armorers and artisans, administrative professionals, officials, clergy and merchants. Such stratification had an influence on view of the settlement. The labor were driven out of Nagornaya Part and settled in boggy Zareka. At that time, Koltoma, another working-class locality, grew. In the early 1870s, there were about twenty private stone buildings in Izhevsky Zavod. In Zarechnaya Part all houses were made of wood. Civic life depended on government contractual works. In the years of war or army re-equipment, the quantity of orders grew. There was an increase in the workforce size and people's earnings. After the order was filled and wages were cut, most of the workmen left the Arms Factory. As a result, the settlement fell into decay to the next government contractual work. Enterprises in Izhevsky Zavod In 1872, the steel works was founded in Izhevsky Zavod. In 1884, the arms factory and the steel works passed to the state. Private armories appeared in Izhevsky Zavod. In 1860, an armorer Ivan Fyodorovich Petrov began to make hunting rifles at small armory in Zareka. Later, he set up shops in Yekaterinburg, Omsk, Nizhny Novgorod, and in the Caucasus. He and his sons also sold gunpowder in Izhevsky Zavod. On of his sons, Vasily, later opened his own armory. Adrian Nikandrovich Yevdokimov was a competitor of the Petrovs. He had the armory on Bazarnaya Street. Nikolay Ilyich Berezin built his enterprise on Bazarnaya Street, too. He produce guns. Besides, Nikolay Berezin owned small iron foundry in the northeast suburbs. Merchants Porsev and Kilin were the owners of two brick factories. There were twelve private industrial enterprises in Izhevsky Zavod by 1914. Izhevsky Zavod merchants In the 1870s, trade blossomed in Izhevsky Zavod. Bodalev Brothers, Mokletsov, Ogloblin, Sveshnikov, and Sozykin were the most successful merchants. It was profitable to deal in spirits. There were three vodka distilleries, four wine warehouses, three wine cellars, and about fifty taverns in 1872. This year Ivan Bodalev opened his brewery on the bank of the reservoir. Religious buildings At the turn of the 19th century there were four temples in Izhevsky Zavod. St. Michael's Cathedral (St. Michael's Cathedral (Izhevsk)) was built between 1897 and 1915. The Russian Revolution and the Russian Civil War On March 5, 1917, workers at the plant formed a worker's soviet (soviet (council)), which included representatives of the workers, the army, and of other citizens. Two days later the factory administration resigned and was replaced with elected officials. By the middle of September of the same year, Bolsheviks took under control both the council and the council's influential newspaper. On October 27, 1917, Soviet government was officially announced, with the council officially dissolved soon thereafter. The former leaders of the council were arrested in June 1918, contributing to the beginning of an uprising against Bolshevik rule (Izhevsk-Votkinsk Uprising). The struggle for control of the city continued until the arrival of the Red Army, which took Izhevsk on November 7. On April 13, 1919, the city was occupied by units of Admiral Kolchak (Aleksandr Kolchak)'s White Army (White movement), only to fall again, this time decisively, to another assault by the Red Army in June 8 of the same year. The Soviet period The Soviet period saw significant growth in the size and importance of Izhevsk. In 1921, the city became the administrative center of Votsk Autonomous Oblast, a precursor to the Udmurt Republic. On December 28, 1934, Izhevsk received status of capital of the Udmurt Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. The first tramline (Izhevsk tramway) was opened in 1935. It was 5 kilometres in length. On March 14, 1937, the Republic's Constitution was adopted. It consolidated the capital status of Izhevsk. In the autumn of 1941 several defense-related plants evacuated to Izhevsk. In June, 1943, Izhevsk Mechanical Plant was founded. During the World War II Izhevsk plants produced 12 and a half million small arms. New City Circus was opened on November 29, 1943. World War II had a profound effect on the city, with much of the industrial infrastructure evacuated from the western regions of the Soviet Union, being relocated to the city. Elements of the evacuated enterprises were used to create the Izhevsk Mechanical Plant, which remains an important manufacturer of military components. Military industry remained the core of the local economy after the war, leading to Izhvesk being designated a closed city, inaccessible to foreigners. The city's Izhmash factory began manufacturing the AK-47 automatic rifle in 1948, and continues to produce modern variants of the design to this day. The rifle's designer, Mikhail Kalashnikov lived in Izhevsk until his death in 2013. In 1966, Izhmash began manufacturing the Izh (Izhmash) brand of automobiles. In 1984, the city was renamed '''Ustinov'''; in honor of former minister of defense Dmitry Ustinov. Three years later, in spite of vocal protests by a significant number of citizens, Izhevsk regained its historical name. Izhevsk weathered the turbulent post-Soviet (dissolution of the Soviet Union) years reasonably well, carried through by the continued demand for its military products. The city remains an important industrial and military center of the country, being referred to as the "Armory of Russia" (a title it shares with the city of Tula (Tula, Russia)). wikipedia:Izhevsk
center of the Udmurt Republic. Early on, the state took a leading role in childcare and education. 320 Public kindergartens preschools provide affordable childcare for 32,000 children. 100 Public schools provide free general education to over 100,000 Izhevsk students. A wide variety of technical colleges and two-year professional schools award associate degrees, most notably in medical assistance, performing arts and teaching. The Ural department of the Russian Scientific Academy is represented
Ustinov . Three years later, in spite of vocal protests by a significant number of citizens, Izhevsk regained its historical name. Izhevsk weathered the turbulent post-Soviet (dissolution of the Soviet Union) years reasonably well, carried through by the continued demand for its military products. The city remains an important industrial and military center of the country, being referred to as the "Armory
'''Izhevsk''' ( up from 627,734 recorded in the 2010 Census (Russian Census (2010)), making it the nineteenth largest city in Russia and the largest in the republic.
From 1984 to 1987, the city was called '''Ustinov''' ( The city is a major hub of industry, commerce, politics, culture, and education in the Volga Region. It is famous for its defense (arms industry), engineering, and metallurgy industries. Izhevsk has the titles of the Armory Capital of Russia and the City of Labor Glory.