Gainsborough, Saskatchewan

What is Gainsborough, Saskatchewan known for?


painting quot

viewpoint of 1978 painting "40 Below Zero" by William G. Hobbs. image_flag flag_size image_seal seal_size image_shield shield_size city_logo citylogo_size image_map mapsize map_caption image_map1 mapsize1 map_caption1 image_dot_map dot_mapsize


274

Grayson No. 184


338

, Saskatchewan Lake of the Rivers Livingston


456

Battle River No. 438, Saskatchewan Battle River


business community

in it are no longer standing and the location on Railway Avenue is now known as Bennett Park. * Lew Morrison, former NHLer * Richard Widdifield, Canadian Artist, Born in Gainsborough in 1961 * Dick Southam, former Progressive Conservative Member of Parliament. The Business community '''Businesses (operating)''' RM of Argyle #1 (Argyle No. 1, Saskatchewan) Gainsborough Swimming pool - open July and August Movie Theater - open during the spring and fall br


Lew

in it are no longer standing and the location on Railway Avenue is now known as Bennett Park. * Lew Morrison, former NHLer * Richard Widdifield, Canadian Artist, Born in Gainsborough in 1961 * Dick Southam, former Progressive Conservative Member of Parliament. The Business community '''Businesses (operating)''' RM of Argyle #1 (Argyle No. 1, Saskatchewan) Gainsborough Swimming pool - open July and August Movie Theater - open during the spring and fall br


current location

Gainsborough Elementary School - closed in 2006. The property is now privately owned, and the building partially demolished. Gainsborough Railway Station - now a privately owned home Frankie's Soda Shop (Railway Street) Willis' Pool Hall (Railway Street) - building was on current location of Bennet Park Gainsborough Variety Store Paterson (Paterson GlobalFoods) Grain Elevator Places of interest Image:Gainsborough


366

Kingsley No. 124, Saskatchewan


466

No. 185, Saskatchewan McLeod Montmartre No. 126


big

Birch Hills No. 460, Saskatchewan Birch Hills

Gainsborough, Saskatchewan

'''Gainsborough''' is a small farming community located on Highway 18 (Saskatchewan Highway 18) in the southeastern corner of Saskatchewan, Canada. The corner-most community in the province, it is approximately 4 miles from the Manitoba border, and 12 miles from the North Dakota and United States border.

The first post-office was established on April 1, 1884 as the community of ''Antler''; on September 1, 1885 the name of the community changed to Gainsborough. url http: www.collectionscanada.gc.ca databases post-offices title Post Offices and Postmasters database publisher Library and Archives Canada accessdate 2011-02-22

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017