Encarnación de Díaz

What is Encarnación de Díaz known for?


called

and a drink made with cactus fruit. It is said that both John Paul II and the King of Spain have tried the town’s sweet bread. thumb left View of the parish church from the main plaza (File:AtChurchfromPlazaEncarnacion.jpg) The center of the town is the main square called the '''Plaza de Armas'''. Originally, this spot had a fountain that provided the community’s potable water

. The interior contains a mural of a crucified Christ with Byzantine influence, called the Señor de la Misericordia (Lord of Mercy). It was painted by Pablo Contreras in 1833. Many of the graves are not underground but rather above ground crypts.The old section is almost entirely of crypts. This form of interment and the dry climate of the area has produced a number of naturally occurring mummies, similar to those found in Guanajuato. ref name "recuerdo" >

of Pedro Ramos, also known as Pedro Liebres. In life, he earned a living hunting rabbits and was killed when he found a stash of colonial era gold. His clothing is the basis for the uniforms of the museum staff. The museum contains five halls, pre Hispanic, a crypt room which contains most of the mummies as well as an image of Our Lady of Solitude, one temporary exhibit hall called the Calaveras del Montón and two halls dedicated to religious objects, especially


original oil

consists mostly of murals as well as a number of the buildings original oil paintings. The walls still contains phrases written on them when it was a school, with positive messages about women. thumb Municipal library (File:LibraryEncarnacionDiaz01.jpg) The '''Dr. Pedro de Alba Auditorium''' was construction in the late 19th century by the church as a parochial school for boys. The facade is characterized by walls divided by pilasters made of brick on bases with oval windows and arches. The interior contains a concert hall and a gallery which are dedicated to temporary events. The vaults of the auditorium had a mural called Evolución del factor feminino (Evolution of the feminine factor) by artist Francisco Pérez; however, this was painted over in 2010. This was the request of Cardenal Juan Sandoval and Bishop José María de la Torre from Aguascalientes, due to images of nude women according to the newspaper Reforma. It was approved by the former municipal administration at a cost of 450,000 pesos. Mexican mummies are also on display in the small town of Encarnación de Díaz, Jalisco. - 036 Encarnación de Díaz Encarnación de Díaz -


news service

newspaper EFE News Service location Madrid date August 27, 2010 The '''Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe Church''' was never finished since construction was begun in 1867. It is an eclectic design favored in the Porfirio Díaz era covered in vaults and the tallest cupola in the municipality. Metal filigreedecorates the architrave and transparent glass is found on the apse. Despite its relative newness, the sacristy is filled with a large collection of colonial era religious paintings

established in 1759 Natural mummification has been known to occur in several places in Mexico, though the most famous are the mummies of Guanajuato. A collection of these mummies, most of which date to the late 19th century, have been on display at ''El Museo de las Momias


world debut

to the warm, arid climate. Mexican mummies are also on display in the small town of Encarnación de Díaz, Jalisco. - 036 Encarnación de Díaz Encarnación de Díaz -


influence called

. The interior contains a mural of a crucified Christ with Byzantine influence, called the Señor de la Misericordia (Lord of Mercy). It was painted by Pablo Contreras in 1833. Many of the graves are not underground but rather above ground crypts.The old section is almost entirely of crypts. This form of interment and the dry climate of the area has produced a number of naturally occurring mummies, similar to those found in Guanajuato. ref name "recuerdo" >


buildings+original

consists mostly of murals as well as a number of the buildings original oil paintings. The walls still contains phrases written on them when it was a school, with positive messages about women. thumb Municipal library (File:LibraryEncarnacionDiaz01.jpg) The '''Dr. Pedro de Alba Auditorium''' was construction in the late 19th century by the church as a parochial school for boys. The facade is characterized by walls divided


religious art

paintings and other religious art. On the opposite side of the plaza is the '''municipal palace'''. This building was constructed in 1759 originally as a royal treasury (casa real). Later it became a municipal jail. After Independence, it was renovated to become the main governmental building. It is Neoclassical in design and it has unique arches in the frond, which were roofed in 1834. ref


research projects

Mexican mummies are also on display in the small town of Encarnación de Díaz, Jalisco. - 036 Encarnación de Díaz Encarnación de Díaz -


eclectic

. Another was called “Claro oscuro” consisting of photographs of cemeteries in Mexico.(museomun) thumb Jesús, María y José Sanctuary (File:JesusMariaJoseParishEncarnacion.jpg) The '''Jesús, María y José Sanctuary''' was built between 1865 and 1881 to fulfill a promise made by Father Juan C. Parga. The structure is an eclectic mix of styles with Neogothic dominating. The facade has two towers similar to those of the Guadalajara Cathedral. The main portal has two levels with pilasters

newspaper EFE News Service location Madrid date August 27, 2010 The '''Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe Church''' was never finished since construction was begun in 1867. It is an eclectic design favored in the Porfirio Díaz era covered in vaults and the tallest cupola in the municipality. Metal filigreedecorates the architrave and transparent glass is found on the apse. Despite its relative newness, the sacristy is filled with a large collection of colonial era religious paintings


paintings

paintings and other religious art. On the opposite side of the plaza is the '''municipal palace'''. This building was constructed in 1759 originally as a royal treasury (casa real). Later it became a municipal jail. After Independence, it was renovated to become the main governmental building. It is Neoclassical in design and it has unique arches in the frond, which were roofed in 1834. ref

consists mostly of murals as well as a number of the buildings original oil paintings. The walls still contains phrases written on them when it was a school, with positive messages about women. thumb Municipal library (File:LibraryEncarnacionDiaz01.jpg) The '''Dr. Pedro de Alba Auditorium''' was construction in the late 19th century by the church as a parochial school for boys. The facade is characterized by walls divided

newspaper EFE News Service location Madrid date August 27, 2010 The '''Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe Church''' was never finished since construction was begun in 1867. It is an eclectic design favored in the Porfirio Díaz era covered in vaults and the tallest cupola in the municipality. Metal filigreedecorates the architrave and transparent glass is found on the apse. Despite its relative newness, the sacristy is filled with a large collection of colonial era religious paintings

Encarnación de Díaz

'''Encarnación de Díaz''' is a town and municipality (municipalities of Mexico) located in the far northeast of the state of Jalisco in north central Mexico. It is located in a natural pass that connects the Los Altos region (Los Altos (Jalisco)) of Jalisco to points north, and from pre Hispanic times until the 20th century, it was a major thoroughfare for north-south travel. The town began as a way station along a road built through this pass in the 17th century, formally becoming a town in 1760. It began to function as a municipality in the latter 19th century, but this status was not confirmed until the early 20th. Transport, along with numerous prosperous haciendas supported the economy of the area until the early 20th century, when travel patterns and the Mexican Revolution spurred its decline. In the 1920s, it was a center of rebellion during the Cristero War, and the town contains Mexico’s only museum exclusively dedicated to this episode in history. It also contains a museum dedicated to various naturally occurring mummies which have been found in the municipal cemetery.

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017