Places Known For

temple quot


Northern Qi

, Northern Qi court ladies were out of tinder and needed a way to start fires for cooking and heating. During the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms (AD 907–960), a book called the ''Records of the Unworldly and the Strange'' written by Chinese author

name was changed to 'fire inch-stick'. 陶谷《清异录·器具》篇载:“夜中有急,苦于作灯之缓,有智者批杉条,染硫黄,置之待用,一与火遇,得焰穗然,既神之,呼引光奴,今遂有货者,易名火寸。” 。 thumb left 1500-year-old iron lion in Cangzhou (File:IronLion.jpg) After the invasions of northern nomadic peoples at the end of the Western Jin Dynasty, the chaos of the Sixteen Kingdoms and the Northern and Southern Dynasties ensued. Hebei, firmly in North China and right at the northern


Nong Samet Refugee Camp

International , and security by UNBRO. CRS also operated a mobile dental team and the Japan International Volunteer Center (JVC) provided a weekly X-ray service. Committee for the Coordination of Displaced Persons in Thailand. ''The CCSDPT handbook: Refugee Services in Thailand''. Bangkok: Craftsman Press, 1983, p. 49. Personal recollections from aid workers thumb right The "Old Temple", Prasaht Sdok Kok Thom (File:Sdok Kok Thom 1984.jpg) just


Jinhua

to this temple to wish for good health and prosperity. According to the ''Self-Description of Chisongzi (Master Red Pine)'' (赤松子自述) that is kept at the Wong Tai Sin Temple in Hong Kong, Wong Tai Sin was born under the name Wong Cho Ping (黃初平 or Huang Chuping in Mandarin Chinese) in 338 in today's Lanxi City (Lanxi), Jinhua County (Jinhua) (金華縣蘭溪市), Zhejiang Province, China. Self-Descriptions of Chisongzi at the temple Western sources


Northern Zhou

with civil war. Early matches A predecessor of the modern match, small sticks of pinewood impregnated with sulfur were used in China in AD 577. Besieged by military forces of Northern Zhou and Chen (Chen Dynasty), Northern Qi court ladies were out of tinder and needed a way to start fires for cooking and heating.

. At the slightest touch of fire they burst into flame. One gets a little flame like an ear of corn. This marvellous thing was formerly called a "light-bringing slave", but afterwards when it became an article of commerce its name was changed to 'fire inch-stick'. 陶谷《清异录·器具》篇载:“夜中有急,苦于作灯之缓,有智者批杉条,染硫黄,置之待用,一与火遇,得焰穗然,既神之,呼引光奴,今遂有货者,易名火寸。” 。 -align "center" Northern Zhou Chang'an (Xi'an) 5 br


Lanzhou

phone tollfree fax hours price content The great cause of thirteen years (617 years ), Xue Ju in Lanzhou later became the emperor, the solemn temple as the palace. Tang Pingdingxue cited later renamed the temple, by the gate, and QianDian rooms, the main hall, houdian constitute HHS falls. Original gate board, "Chi stately Temple" six characters, is the famous calligrapher Li Puguang the book, font bold. The main hall after a Buddhism godness Guanyin wall murals


Sausalito, California

of Uniontown (Uniontown, D.C.) at Fort Baker Drive and 30th Street. thumb right 120px Green Gulch tea garden (Image:Tea garden (Green Gulch farm).jpg) Suzuki had asked Baker to locate a farm in the area for entire families to live a Buddhist (Buddhism) life while working together. Green Gulch Farm ("Green Dragon Temple", or ''Soryuji''), located in Sausalito, California in a valley on the Pacific Ocean, was acquired by SFZC in 1972. The land was purchased from one


Ming dynasty

been fighting Japanese wokou in Jiangyan until his death there. The philosophy and one of the founders of 'Taizhou clique', Wang Dong (王栋) had been teaching in Jiangyan for decades, and his teaching place, Wanggong Temple ("王公祠") is now preserved as a museum. The artist in Ming dynasty, Tang Zhique (唐志契) and his brother Tang Zhiyi (唐志尹), nephew Tang Riyin (唐日艮), so called 'Three Tangs' were from Jiangyan. The go chess master in Qing dynasty, Huang

dynasty have both stationed in Jiangyan to fight again the Jin (Jin Dynasty, 1115–1234) and Mongol invaders. The Ming dynasty general, Tang Shunzhi (唐顺之) had been fighting Japanese wokou in Jiangyan until his death there. The philosophy and one of the founders of 'Taizhou clique', Wang Dong (王栋) had been teaching in Jiangyan for decades, and his teaching place, Wanggong Temple ("王公祠") is now preserved as a museum. The artist in Ming dynasty, Tang Zhique (唐志契


Kingdom of Sicily

was in Sicily between 1787 and 1794 to study and analyse the ancient Greek temples on the island. Thus Sicilians rediscovered their ancient past, which with its classical idioms was now the height of fashion. The change in tastes did not come about overnight. Baroque remained popular on the island, but now Sicilian balconies, extravagant as ever, would be placed next to severe classical columns. Dufourny began designing in Palermo, and his "Entrance Temple" (1789) to the Botanical Gardens was the first building in Sicily in a style based on the Greek Doric order. It is pure neoclassical architecture, as established in England since 1760, and it was a sign of things to come. Before Italian Unification, the existence of the Kingdom of Sardinia, the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies (which before 1816 was split in Kingdom of Naples and Kingdom of Sicily), the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, the Duchy of Parma, the Duchy of Modena, the Duchy of Savoy, the Duchy of Milan, the Papal States, various republics and the Austrian and French dependencies in Northern Italy led to parallel nobilities with different traditions and rules. In 1060 the Normans (Italo-Normans) made it a centre of the unified Kingdom of Sicily. Lanciano flourished again and in 1340 it was the largest city in Abruzzo with 6,500 inhabitants, renowned industries (ceramics, wool, silk, goldworks, ironworks), receiving important privileges by both Frederick II (Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor) and his son Manfred (Manfred of Sicily), with a substantial administrative autonomy. Charles I (Charles I of Anjou), King of Sicily, assigned the revenues of the city's port to the Vatican Basilica. Later it was frequently at war with nearby Ortona. Name The General Captaincy of Chile was a personal possession of the King of Castile (Crown of Castile) as were all the other Spanish possessions in the New World. Kingdom of Naples and Kingdom of Sicily, on the other hand, were possessions of the King of Aragon (Kingdom of Aragon), who happened to be the same person, since 1516. '''Peter II''' (July 1305 – August 15, 1342 in Calascibetta) was crowned King of Sicily (Kingdom of Sicily) (then called Trinacria) in 1321 and gained full sovereignty when his father died in 1337. '''Stephen du Perche''' (1137 8–1169) was the chancellor of the Kingdom of Sicily (1166–68) and Archbishop of Palermo (1167–68) during the early regency of his cousin, Queen Margaret of Navarre (1166–71). thumb 300 px Europe, with 12th-century Norman possessions in color, and ''M'' marking points of action of Margaritus of Brindisi (Image:Normans possessions 12century-fr Margaritus of Brindisi.png) '''Margaritus of Brindisi''' (also '''Margarito'''; Italian (Italian language) ''Margaritone'' or Greek (Greek language) ''Megareites'' or ''Margaritoni'' Μαργαριτώνη : c. 1149 – 1197), called '''the new Neptune''', was the last great ''ammiratus ammiratorum (Admiral)'' (Grand Admiral) of Sicily (Kingdom of Sicily). Following in the footsteps of Christodulus, George of Antioch, and Maio of Bari, Margaritus led the fleets of the kingdom in the reigns of William II (William II of Sicily) (1166–1189) and Tancred (Tancred of Sicily) (1189–1194). He probably began as a Greek pirate and gradually rose to the rank of privateer before becoming a permanent admiral of the navy. In 1185, he became the first count palatine of Cephalonia and Zakynthos (or Zante). In 1192, he became the first count of Malta. He also held the titles of Prince of Taranto and Duke of Durazzo.


Shanghai

; Shanghai city gods The City God Temple in the city of Shanghai is known as the "Old City God Temple", but it was originally called the "Jinshan God Temple" and dedicated to the spirit of Jinshan (Jinshan District). Jinshan, or "Gold Mountain", is an island off the coast of Shanghai and was converted into a City God temple in 1403, during the Ming Dynasty. The "Old City God Temple" is located by the Yuyuan Gardens in Shanghai. It grew into a very popular site for citizens to come to pray and ask favors of the city god. In 1951 The Board of the Trustees of the City God temple fell apart and the Shanghai Taoist Association decided to put the focus of the temple onto Taoist tradition. During the Second Sino-Japanese War, (1937–1945) Shanghai was taken over by Japanese soldiers and due to them citizens were unable to get to the "Old City Temple" so the local people decided to build a "New City God Temple". After the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II the "New City God Temple" became less popular because people preferred to worship at "The Old City God Temple". The "New City God Temple" was destroyed in 1972. '''East West Bank''' (


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017