Kolomyia

, Kosiv, Nadvirna, Rohatyn, Sniatyn, Tlumach, Tysmenytsia, and Yaremche. Five of those cities are of regional importance and the other ten are of district importance. All cities have its own council and mayor that represent a local form of self-government allowed by the laws on local administration and the Constitution of Ukraine. City municipalities of the region are independent from any district administration. ;Town municipalities (councils) *

Highway H09 (Ukraine) H09 blue white white traveling from Lviv the route enters the region from the north near Rohatyn and after passesing the cities of Ivano-Frankivsk and Yaremcha continues on towards Rakhiv going over the Carpathian ridge. * which starts in Stryi also passes Ivano-Frankivsk and through Kolomyia and Sniatyn continues on towards Chernivtsi. *

(Ukraine) H18 blue white white starts from the center of Ivano-Frnkivsk and through Tysmenytsia (Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast) and Monastyryska (Ternopil Oblast) terminates in Ternopil. * runs from Tatariv (Yaremche municipality) to Verkhovyna, Kosiv


Pointe-Saint-Charles

;lignes 25&type_requete simple&id 1176 "Fiche du secteur: Maison Saint-Gabriel." Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal. Accessed 5 July 2011. thumb right Victoria Bridge (Montreal) Victoria Bridge (File:Pont victoria montréal.jpg) over St. Lawrence River Until the mid-19th century, the area was chiefly agricultural. Urbanization began with the enlargement of the Lachine Canal (completed in 1848), as the transportation access and water power attracted

?affichage fiche&civique &voie 0&est_ouest &appellation &arrondissement 9&protection 0&batiment oui&zone oui&lignes 25&type_requete simple&id 1172 "Fiche du secteur: Églises Saint-Gabriel et Saint-Charles (rue du Centre)." Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal. Accessed 5 July 2011. The Polish Community was given permission by the Archdiocese of Montreal to build a church on Centre Street between Richmond and Montmorency

first industrial slums. Notably, the development on Grand Trunk Row (today Rue Sébastopol) introduced the stacked "duplex," based on British working-class housing, that would come to be so typical of neighbourhoods throughout Montreal. simple&


Le Sud-Ouest

;sqsirgecartier"simple&id 1169 "Fiche du secteur: Square Sir-George-Étienne-Cartier." Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal. Accessed 4 July 2011. Sainte-Cunégonde (Little Burgundy) in 1906, ref name "coursol

"simple&id 1167 "Fiche du secteur: Coursol." Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal. Accessed 4 July 2011. and Côte-Saint-Paul and Ville-Émard in 1910. http

: patrimoine.ville.montreal.qc.ca inventaire fiche_zone.php?affichage fiche&civique &voie 0&est_ouest &appellation &arrondissement 9&protection 0&batiment oui&zone oui&lignes 25&type_requete simple&id 1060 "Fiche du secteur: Côte-Saint-Paul." Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal. Accessed 4 July 2011. "L'Histoire du quartier en quelques


San Juan de los Lagos

; The current structure dates from the 17th century. Its facade is simple, made of sandstone with a single tower that has Corinthian columns (Corinthian order) and vegetative reliefs. The portal is simple with a rounded arch. The choral window has a sandstone frame and niches above it with sculptures. The interior is a single nave with a main altar in Baroque style in white sandstone, with Solomonic columns that support a semicircular pediment. The rest of the decoration is simple with some

sculptures of saints on the walls. To the side of this chapel is a former hospital, which also has a simple facade and portal. The Capilla del Pocito is where, according to legend, a small girl brought forth a fresh water spring in 1663 by striking the area with a stone. The spring still flows. The Temple of Calvary dates from the 17th century, constructed in pink sandstone. It has the appearance of a Greek temple


Verdun, Quebec

;civique &voie 0&est_ouest &appellation &arrondissement 26&protection 0&batiment oui&zone oui&lignes 25&type_requete simple&id 1209 "Le voisinage Crawford." Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal. Accessed 1 July 2011. Following the Great Peace of Montreal in 1701 between the French and the Iroquois, which reduced the military threat to settlers in the southwest of the island, farmers settled the area along Lower Lachine

Road, now boulevard LaSalle. Around 1800, Chemin de la Rivière-Saint-Pierre (now rue de l'Église) was opened.simple&id 1205 "Le noyau institutionnel et commerçant de Verdun." Grand répertoire du patrimoine

bâti de Montréal. Accessed 1 July 2011. The Canal de l'Aqueduc, now Verdun's northwestern boundary, was dug in 1854 to furnish Montreal with drinking water from the St. Lawrence. simple&id 1199 "Secteur


Porto Velho

capital is Porto Velho. The state was named after Candido Rondon. A boat ride on the Rio Madeira where one can appreciate the forest of 100-year old trees and such fauna as exotic birds is one of the best attractions of the state. Two-thirds of its area is covered by the Amazon Rainforest. Other attractions are the Chapada dos Parecis and the Serra do Pacaás, a national park, and the capital, Porto Velho, which is simple and with few buildings. '''Rondônia''' (

. A boat ride on the Rio Madeira where one can appreciate the forest of 100-year old trees and such fauna as exotic birds is one of the best attractions of the state. Two-thirds of its area is covered by the Amazon Rainforest. Other attractions are the Chapada dos Parecis and the Serra do Pacaás, a national park, and the capital, Porto Velho, which is simple and with few buildings. Port Cai n'Água Port is connected Porto Velho to Humaitá, Manicoré

go to the last square on 7 de Septembro, walk up to the Clube da Ferrovia and turn left. * '''Casa da Cultura''' just of the square with the Caixas D'agua. Here you'll find changing expositions by local artists and once done an exhibition of local culture. Free. thumb (Image:Railway-worker.jpg) * '''Catedral''' On Dom Pedro II the main church of Porto Velho. Simple on both the inside and outside but well worth a visit. thumb (Image:Cathedral-pvh.jpg) * '''Weekly Market''' Porto Velho


Al-Bassa

into its one room. A pillar and two arches run across it, and support the flat roof. The door opens into the stable portion where horses and camels are standing before the manger of dries mud. Stepping up from this, the visitor finds himself at once in the simple dwelling-room of the family. A large matting of flattened rush generally covers one half, and a few cushions are spread in the corner, near the unglazed window. At the further end there are mud stairs leading up to the roof, the summer

200px right thumb The maqam in 2008 (Image:Bassa sheikh tomb.jpg) The maqam is located about 20 meters east of the mosque. It consists of two parts: a walled courtyard, and a domed prayer room. In the courtyard there is a mihrab in the south wall, and a doorway in the east wall leads into the main prayer room. Pendentives springing from four thick piers support wide arches and the dome. In the middle of the south wall there is a mihrab, next to a simple minbar, made of four stone steps


Phonsavan

and violet cowboy hats are a common sight. During Hmong New Year there are bullfights in the city. Phonsavan was built in the late 1970s and replaced the old Xiangkhouang (today: Muang Khoun) which had been destroyed during the Second Indochina War. Phonsavan's most famous attraction is the nearby Plain of Jars, which has been nominated for UNESCO World Heritage status.

title Laos' Plain of Jars: It's a mystery, plain and simple date 2 Aug 2009 The main economic activity in Phonsavan is based on government administration, mining companies from China and Australia, tourism, and the work of NGOs related to clearing unexploded ordnance (UXO). Nature and scenery Xiangkhouang is widely known for the Plain of Jars, but beyond its jars the natural beauty of the province is waiting to be discovered. The province has a pleasant climate

of autonomy although they had to pay tax and tribute to Lane Xang. During the 16th century expressive Buddhist art and architecture flourished. The capital was dotted with temples in a distinct Xiangkhouang style, i.e., simple low roofs with a characteristic "waist" at the foundation. In 1930 Le Boulanger described it as "a large and beautiful city protected by wide moats and forts occupying the surrounding hills and the opulence of the sixty-two pagodas and their stupas


Nevyansk

as producing the gold and platinum that were discovered in early 19th century. The town's factory was renamed the '''Nevyansk Mechanical Plant''' (presently named '''Nevyansk Machine Factory''') and began to produce a variety of simple cast-iron items, such as girders, shovels, and wheels. In the Soviet era, the plant was repurposed to produce ammunition and large-scale machinery for heavy industry. This reorganization halted the smelting works and distinguished Nevyansk, with its gorgeous

features a simple rectangular layout, with the dam and dilapidated factory complex in the very center. The dammed Neyva river and the adjacent reservoir (literally translated from Russian as Nevyansk Pond) cut the town into western and eastern parts. Major streets in the western part are Lenina Street and Dzerzhinskogo Street (leading from Ekaterinburg), Stepana Razina Street (leading from Nizhny Tagil), Kirova Street (from Byngi and Tavolgi (Nevyansk#Go next)), and Krasnoarmeyskaya Street

: alt url email address 2 Karla Marksa St lat long directions phone tollfree fax hours price content 11a M. Gor'kogo St. * Simple souvenirs and local food specialties (gingerbread, jams) are on sale at the Leaning Tower. Lots of regional products—both useful, decorative, and totally


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017