Places Known For

school field


Léogâne

. Volunteer medical personal together with teams of volunteer surgeons from World Wide Village and the University of Notre Dame, have seen and treated thousands of patients. World Wide Village brought in a Field Hospital which began full operation in Late February 2010, the new, "Hospital St. Croix". World Wide Village and the University of Notre Dame continue to send teams to the nursing school field hospital to meet ongoing health care needs in Léogâne. (primary source) The NGOs Heart to Heart International and Médecins Sans Frontières were providing medical aid at clinical sites in the area. west of Port-au-Prince (w:Port-au-Prince), the capital of Haiti (Haiti). More than 100 aftershocks have been registered since that earthquake. The United Nations reported that the earthquake has caused more than 225,000 deaths, a number which is expected to rise.


Japanese occupation of Hong Kong

of Hong Kong , the school site was taken over by the Japanese and used as a hospital for prisoners of war. It is rumored that the clock tower and or Pavilion was once used as a morgue or torture chamber under the Japanese occupation (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) and that ghosts of tortured victims inhabit the clock tower and room P14. Dead bodies were also said During the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong (1941–1945), he lost his boat and the club's activities was interrupted. He rented boats instead to take the members to the bay and renamed his club to sunbathing club 1950s. The history of the Hong Kong Fire Service began in the Government Gazette (Hong Kong Government Gazette) dated May 9, 1868. Charles May (Charles May (police officer)) became the first Superintendent of the Fire Brigade. At the time, the Fire Department was part of the Hong Kong Police Force. It had a total strength of 62 with a supplement of 100 Chinese (Chinese people) volunteers. The fire department expanded to 140 members during the 1920s. During the Japanese Occupation (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) during the World War II, the Service disbanded. The two fire engines (fire apparatus) were exported to Tokyo to become part of the Imperial Palace Fire Unit. It was only returned after the War. Unlike Canada, UK and some countries, Hong Kong's ambulance service is tied directly with the Fire Department. At that time all emergency ambulance service was provided by the Fire Service while non-emergency was handled by the Medical Corps (Royal Army Medical Corps). - 1941 Geoffry Northcote, Mark Aitchison Young Japanese occupation of Hong Kong begins after the Battle of Hong Kong Pearl Harbor (Attack on Pearl Harbor) incident, U.S. enters World War II - History The former Marine Police Headquarters was constructed in 1884. It comprises a main building, a stable block and a signal tower. It has been used by the Marine Police, except for the Japanese Occupation (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) (1941–1945) when the compound was used as a base by the Japanese navy. Early life Lorring fled with her mother in 1939 following the Japanese invasion (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong). http: www.imdb.com name nm0521156 bio The two of them settled in San Francisco (San Francisco, California), California in the United States, where young Mary began working in radio. http: movies.nytimes.com person 43159 Joan-Lorring The party was founded on October 1925 in San Francisco, and was led by Chen Jiongming and Tang Jiyao, two ex-Kuomintang warlords that went into opposition. Their first platform was federalism (Chinese federalism) and multi-party democracy. The party moved its headquarters to Hong Kong in 1926. After the Japanese invasion of Manchuria in 1931 it began engaging in anti-Japanese propaganda and boycotts. The party was nearly wiped out during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong. The party turned to the left during its third party congress in 1947. Today composed of returned overseas Chinese, their relatives, and noted figures and scholars who have overseas ties. Events In April 2006, a total of 580 unused shells left from the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong were found buried at Tonkin Street in Cheung Sha Wan. The residents were temporarily evacuated and the shells were detonated safely. History ''HMS Tamar (HMS Tamar (1863))'' was originally the name of a British naval vessel which arrived in Hong Kong in 1897 and remained in the British territory until Japanese occupation of Hong Kong during World War II in 1941. In memory of this vessel, the British named the Royal Naval station in Hong Kong "HMS Tamar (HMS Tamar (shore station))". The British garrison pre-handover (Transfer of the sovereignty of Hong Kong) was stationed at the "Prince of Wales Building", within the base, and which is part of the site. History The Hong Kong branch was established in 1933 in Ho Man Tin. Initially, only primary school education was offered; a junior high school division using Chinese (Chinese language) as medium of instruction was established in 1938, a senior high division was established in 1940. The school was suspended during Japanese occupation of Hong Kong during World War II. Students and staff went to Macau and mainland China. In 1945, the school move back to a temporary site in Kowloon Tong and in 1946, the school move back to Ho Man Tin. In 1950, the school was renamed from a Hong Kong branch of the Canton school to the present name. In 1952, a new extension on the land donated by Hong Kong Government (Government of Hong Kong) was built and complete in September, 1953. The premises is located at Pui Ching Road which was named after the school. The Clock Tower reused the clock from the demolished Pedder Street Clock Tower. However, only one side had a clock, and it was not until 1920 that the remaining three sides of the Clock Tower were installed. They began operation in the afternoon of 22 March 1921, and have run ever since except during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong during World War II. History During the Second World War Japanese occupation of Hong Kong, most of the Indian POWs captured in Hong Kong were interned at a POW Camp here. The Japanese 'encouraged' these men to join the Indian National Liberation Army, but met with little success. While hundreds of these POWs were not considered a threat by the Japanese, and were used as 'guards' at Gun Club Hill Barracks and other areas, 500-600 Indian soldiers considered anti-Japanese were held at Ma Tau Chung in very unpleasant circumstances. There were many deaths, and the men were buried just outside the camp near the vegetable gardens of the Argyle Street Camp immediately on the other side of Argyle Street (Argyle Street, Hong Kong). The barracks were one of the first British military compounds in Hong Kong and were used by the Japanese during the Japanese occupation (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) (1941–1945). They underwent major restoration after World War II. Part of the land was returned to the Hong Kong Government in 1967; D H Oxley. (1979)''Victoria Barracks, 1842-1979''. Published by Headquarters British Forces Hong Kong most of the rest was transferred to the government in 1979. The road was renamed "Kasuga-dori" (春日通) during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong. After the surrender and evacuation of the Japanese army (Imperial Japanese Navy), the name was reverted. Memorial The park is close to the former Sham Shui Po Camp. During the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong between 1941 and 1945, the camp was used for prisoners of war. Many of them died in the camp. Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance For the three nights straddling the Mid-Autumn festival, As cited from Discover Hong Kong Tourism Board visitors can also see the spectacular Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance. It's a 67-metre-long 'fire dragon' that winds its way with much fanfare and smoke through a collection of streets located in Tai Hang, close to Victoria Park (Victoria Park, Hong Kong) in Causeway Bay. The Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance started in 1880 when Tai Hang was a small Hakka (Hakka people) village of farmers and fishermen on the waterfront of Causeway Bay. This custom has been followed every year since 1880, with the exception of the Japanese Occupation (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) and during the 1967 disturbances (Hong Kong 1967 Leftist Riots). Geoffrey Roper "Report on Visit to Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance, Mid Autumn Festival 1992", in ''Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society Hong Kong Branch'', Vol. 30, 1990. pp.307-308 History Located beside the historic Sham Shui Po Police Station, the centre was built on part of the site of the former Sham Shui Po Camp, a prisoner-of-war camp for Commonwealth forces captured during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong, which was also used to house Vietnamese refugees in the late 1970s and 1980s (see boat people). St. John's College (St. John's College, University of Hong Kong) * The University's first hall of residence, '''St. John's Hall''', was built by the Church Missionary Society in late 1912. It has been a tradition of the hall to hold High Table Dinner every week since its introduction in 1916. This custom was subsequently taken up by other halls. '''St. John's Hall''' housed male students until the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong. The original site is now occupied by St. Paul's College (St. Paul's College, Hong Kong). A post-War inspection on August 31, 1945 found the hall totally ruined with only four of its walls remaining. Combined with '''St. Stephen's Hall''', the new '''St. John's College (St. John's College, University of Hong Kong)''' was built in 1955 in 82 Pokfulam Road to replace the former hall. In 1941, the Maryknoll Sisters left Hong Kong and closed the school because the Japanese army invaded (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) Hong Kong. In 1945, after the Japanese surrendered (Surrender of Japan), the school reopened. * Cleanup needed (updated by bot) ** 70 - Baguio Villa, Bank of Canton, Bijia mountain, Caffeine culture in Hong Kong, Cantonese (linguistics), Chan Kam Lim, China Far East Railway, Chinese Orthodox Church, Crown Prince Party, Di (ethnic group), Early Admission Scheme, East Asian calligraphy, East Asian rainy season, East Chinese Railway Incident, Environment of China, Faye Wong, Faye Wong discography, Fu Hon Cheung, HK Golden Forum, Han Chinese clothing, Harnam Singh Grewal, High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China, History of metallurgy in China, Home Return Permit, Hong Kong Certificate of Identity, Hong Kong Commercial Daily, Hong Kong Economic Times, Hong Kong Fringe Club, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong legislative election, 2004, Human rights abuses by Hong Kong police, Indigenous inhabitant, Initial D (film), Jackie Chan, Japanese occupation of Hong Kong, Jenny Tseng, Jianzi, Jordan Chan, Kwun Tong Government Secondary School, List of TVB programmes, Lugard Road, Lü Clan Disturbance, Man Behind the Sun, Michael David Cartland, Ming Dao, Ocean Park Hong Kong, Peking Opera School, Perhaps Love (film), Pillar of Shame, Red Guards (China), Shaw Organization, So Lo Pun, Song Ci, State Food and Drug Administration of China, Stephy Tang, Tai Kok Tsui, Tang Dynasty, Tanka (ethnic group), Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Vietnamese people in Hong Kong, Wang Binyu, White Lotus, Wing Lung Bank, Women's healthcare in 20th century China, Xi Shi, Yangtze River Crossing, Young and Dangerous * Expansion needed (updated by bot) History The school was growing out of a primary school Tack Ching School founded by Sisters of the Precious Blood in 1923 at Nam Cheong Street. It was later relocated to Un Chau Street in 1929. In 1929 the primary school expanded to secondary education and thus was renamed to ''Tack Ching Girls' Secondary School''. The school suspended its operation from 1941 and 1945 during the period of Japanese occupation of Hong Kong. In 1945 the school resumed its operation and opened a branch in Wan Chai, which became Precious Blood Secondary School in 1946. In 1949 the school was moved into a new school building at Un Chau Street near the junction of Yen Chow Street and Castle Peak Road in Sham Shui Po with a grand opening by the then-Hong Kong Governor Alexander Grantham. After more than 50 years, the school was relocated again to the present site one the new reclamation of Cheung Sha Wan.


Vaughan

position2 right lat3 long3 label3 position3 right lat4 long4 label4 position4 right The Seed-Barker archaeological site is a 16th-century Iroquois (Iroquoian) village on the Humber River in Vaughan. It has been used as a summer school field trip site since 1976 by the Boyd archaeological field summer school for high school students. The school is sponsored by the York Region district school board in co-operation with the Royal Ontario Museum and the Toronto and Region


Novosibirsk

in the center of the city and was one of the main historic sites (essentially every child had to visit the monument on school field trips during Soviet years). Then it was neglected in the 1990s and as a result somewhat ironically it turned out to be one of the best preserved Soviet-era sites. During Stalin (Joseph Stalin)'s industrialization, Novosibirsk secured its place as one of the largest industrial centers of Siberia. Several massive industrial facilities


Gary, Indiana

Hammond mayor: School field trip 'unethical' politicking; Busing Gary students to vote early becomes a controversy April 24, 2008 NWI '''Largest city''' '''Other cities''' Hammond (Hammond, Indiana)  - Gary (Gary, Indiana)  - Michigan City (Michigan City, Indiana)  - Portage (Portage, Indiana) &nbsp


Saskatoon

News work Enterprise Saskatchewan publisher Government of Saskatchewan date September 19, 2008 url http: www.enterprisesaskatchewan.ca enr091908 doi accessdate 2009-04-26 south of the city. Blackstrap Park is often used for school field trips. Batoche (Batoche, Saskatchewan) is located


Empire of Japan

in the Battle of Hong Kong, the school site was taken over by the Japanese and used as a hospital for prisoners of war. It is rumored that the clock tower and or Pavilion was once used as a morgue or torture chamber under the Japanese occupation (Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) and that ghosts of tortured victims inhabit the clock tower and room P14. Dead bodies were also said was an administrative post not of Cabinet rank in the government of the Empire of Japan. The Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal was responsible for keeping the Privy Seal of Japan and State Seal of Japan. With the rise of the 1917 revolution (Russian Revolution of 1917), the Altay attempted to make their region a separate Burkhanist republic called Oryot, but their support for the Mensheviks during the Civil War (Russian Civil War) led to the venture's collapse after the Bolshevik victory and the rise of Stalin. In the 1940s, the Altay were accused of being pro-Japanese (Empire of Japan), and the word "oyrot" was declared counterrevolutionary. By 1950, Soviet industrialization (History of the Soviet Union (1927-1953)#Planning) policies brought Russian immigrants reducing the proportion of Altay from 50% to 20% of the population. "Altay", Centre for Russian Studies, NUPI, retrieved 17 October 2006 Ethnic Altaians currently make up about 31% of the Altai Republic's population. Altai Republic :: official portal At 11pm Trans-Baikal time on August 8, 1945, Soviet foreign minister Molotov (Vyacheslav Molotov) informed Japanese ambassador Sato (Naotake Satō) that the Soviet Union had declared war on the Empire of Japan, and that from August 9 the Soviet Government would consider itself to be at war with Japan. Soviet Declaration of War on Japan, August 8, 1945. (Avalon Project at Yale University) At one minute past midnight Trans-Baikal time on August 9, 1945, the Soviets commenced their invasion simultaneously on three fronts to the east, west and north of Manchuria. The operation was subdivided into smaller operational and tactical parts: *Khingan-Mukden Offensive Operation (August 9, 1945 - September 2, 1945)


Shanghai


Philadelphia


Germany

Commons:Category:Germany Wikipedia:Germany Dmoz:Regional Europe Germany


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017