the command with the senior Luftwaffe officer Oberstleutnant Hans Hefele and the senior army officer General Leutnant Hans von Ravenstein. The Bowmanville boys' school had been quickly turned into a POW camp by surrounding the existing school buildings with a barbed wire fence. The facility, which had been designed to house 300 boys, was cramped and undersized for grown men. Two '''Darlington Provincial Park''' is a part of the Ontario Provincial Parks system. It is located just south of Highway 401 (Highway 401 (Ontario)) near the town of Courtice, between the cities of Bowmanville and Oshawa. A small park, the topography is dominated by gentle hills, a terminal moraine deposited by glaciers at the end of the last Ice Age. The park borders on the northern shore of Lake Ontario also encloses McLaughlin Bay. The Bay is shallow, and at some point in the 1990s was completely closed off from the lake by the action of the waves. The property bordering the park to the west is the home of General Motors Corporation's Canadian headquarters.
schools began to decline and the community was forced to make the difficult decision to consolidate school buildings. During the same period, technology advances required the school district to be networked to keep up with the next generation of learners. In 1999, the South St. Paul community passed a technology referendum to maintain the quality of education in South St. Paul schools. The South St. Paul School District currently serves approximately 3,500 students in two elementary schools, one secondary school (grades 7-12), and an alternative learning center. South St. Paul is also home to two Private Schools, Holy Trinity Catholic School, & St. John Vianney Catholic School. Holy Trinity Catholic School Holy Trinity School opened on September 7, 1954 with an enrollment of 243 students. The building consisted of 8 classrooms and a cafeteria in the basement and offered grades Pre-K through 8. On September 7, 1954, the size of the student body expanded at a rapid rate. At the beginning of the 1963-64 school year, the enrollment exceeded 600 students. The drop in enrollment bottomed out at 80 plus students during the 1984-85 school year. This same year a half day kindergarten was added to the regular 1 through 8 grade program. The following year, an all-day everyday kindergarten was established. A preschool was added in 1988. It now has several more classrooms and athletic programs. St. John Vianney Catholic School In 1956, SJV school opened its doors with 109 students in grades one through four. By 1958, the school contained grades one through eight. In 1974, a preschool and kindergarten program were added to the school. The fall of 1992 saw the establishment of a full day kindergarten program as well as an extended day program. SJV offered academic programs for preschool, kindergarten and grades 1 through 6, as well as an extended day program. St. John Vianney CAtholic SChool is now closed, and is renting out the space to a charter school. Religion South St. Paul is home to a wide range of faith communities. Clark Memorial United Church of Christ Established on October 25, 1887, the founder of the church was Charles W. Clark. The church has gone through many different remodels and building changes throughout the years. The church has been struck by fire many times, but the faithful community of this parish always seem to gather together and rebuild or renew the church. The mission of the church supports local, state, national and global interest of the congregation. The church also supports the ministry of the United Church of Christ as programs and needs arise. The congregation is mindful of the needs of Northern Dakota County (Dakota County, Minnesota) (especially South St. Paul), and is committed to raise money and provide leadership within the community. The church also participates in city-wide events such as Kaposia Days and On the Road Again Days. http: www.clarkmemorialucc.org St. Stephens Romanian Orthodox Church St. Stefan Romanian Orthodox Parish was founded in 1923 by a group of Romanian emigrants; the church construction was finished in 1924. On June 27, 1924, the Parish was incorporated as a religious, non-profit organization, by the City of South St. Paul, Dakota County. In 1935 the church is blessed by Policarp Morusca, the first Romanian Orthodox Bishop in America. Saint Stefan's Romanian Orthodox Church was created through the efforts of the first Romanian (Romanians) emigrants to Minnesota. St Mary's Coptic Orthodox Church St. Mary's Coptic Orthodox Church of Minnesota originated in the early 1960s at the urging of Bishop Samuel, who annually visited Coptic student groups at various American universities. At that time, approximately ten Coptic graduate students, some with families, at the University of Minnesota met for Christian worship. http: www.stmarymn.org St. Augustine Catholic Church St. Augustine parish was established on June 11, 1896. Fr. Joseph T. Busch was sent to South St. Paul to organize this new parish and serve as its first pastor. Fr. Busch oversaw the building of the church and organized the parish. On August 30, 1896, Archbishop Ireland dedicated the new church which stood on the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Grand Avenue, where Greystone Apartment building now stands. After being remodeled, expanded and reinforced with brick, the parish met with great tragedy. On March 31, 1923, St. Augustine Church burned to the ground. Doing their best to replicate structures of the old church wherever possible, builders were able to construct the current church structure for a Christmas Day 1924 opening. St. Augustine Church is a traditional based faith system. http: www.staugustine-holytrinity.org The parish still hosts The Argument of the Month. http: www.aotmclub.com Holy Trinity Catholic Church The Church of the Holy Trinity was established by Bishop John Ireland in November 1917. It was not until June 1940 that the first resident pastor, Father J. F. Siegienski, was assigned. Holy Trinity was originally a Polish parish. The first mass was held on June 30, 1940. The church building and the rectory were built by 1942 and the church was blessed by Archbishop John Murray in 1942. Holy Trinity Church is a Traditional based faith system. St. John Vianney Catholic Church Due to a dramatic population increase in South St. Paul following World War II, another Catholic Parish was needed in the area. St. John Vianney Parish was established on July 5, 1946 as the third Catholic parish in South St. Paul, under the direction of Father Harold Whittet. Because no church or school had been built at establishment, the parish rented the pavilion at Kaposia Park and held its first Mass there on July 28, 1946. Groundbreaking ceremonies took place on August 5, 1946 and the original makeshift church was constructed from two Army barracks. The church opened for its first Mass on the Easter Vigil, April 5, 1947. Shortly after, a roller-skating rink was built in the basement of the church to raise money to build an actual church building. Almost eight years later in 1954, SJV school (originally named Providence School) opened its doors with 109 students in grades one through four. The Sisters of St. Casimir, a Chicago-based Order, formed the school's first teaching staff. By 1958, the school contained grades one through eight. Fr. Whittet finished the final phase of the parish building plan when construction was completed on the current rectory and parish offices in 1960. The original makeshift church building of two army barracks was razed and the worship space was moved to the lower level of the school building (its current location). In 1974, a preschool and kindergarten program were added to the school. From that time until 1989, the school was staffed by the School Sisters of Notre Dame. The fall of 1992 saw the establishment of a full day kindergarten program as well as an extended day program. During the 1996-1997 school year, the St. John Vianney Little Learners Preschool became fully accredited with the kindergarten through sixth grade program. In May 2000, SJV expanded its facilities with the addition of the Parish Life & Community Center which includes a gymnasium, kitchen and cafeteria, meeting rooms, and an extended gathering space. The addition was completed in March and dedicated on May 19, 2001. The current priest is Fr. Terry Beeson. Notable people * James P. Shannon, former Roman Catholic Bishop from the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, only Bishop to leave the priesthood after Vatican II. * Tim Pawlenty, former Governor of Minnesota * Harold LeVander, former Governor of Minnesota * Jim Carter (Jim Carter (American football)), former linebacker for the National Football League's Green Bay Packers * Phil Housley, formerly of the National Hockey League's Buffalo Sabres. Member of the United States Hockey Hall of Fame * Doug Woog, former American ice hockey coach and current broadcaster. Member of the United States Hockey Hall of Fame * Betty McCollum, U.S. Representative for Minnesota's 4th congressional district * Grant Hart, drummer Hüsker Dü * Trevor Fehrman, actor * Alex Stalock, Goaltender for the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League * Justin Faulk, Defenceman for the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League * Conrado Vega, Minnesota State Senator References External links * City of South St. Paul – Official Website South St. Paul, Minnesota and Newport, Minnesota ~832.4
mergers . It is composed of the districts of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce and Côte-des-Neiges. School buildings Loyola was originally located in an abandoned Sacred Heart Convent on Bleury and St. Catherine Street. A fire broke out at this location in 1898 provoking the College to move into the former Tucker School on Drummond Street. That very summer, a wing was added; but space soon became inadequate. In 1900, the Jesuits purchased the Decary Farm in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce located in the west end of Montreal, where the School remains to this day on what is commonly referred to as the Loyola Campus of Concordia University (Concordia University (Montreal)). Map of Loyola Campus provided by Concordia University - http: buildings.concordia.ca loyola He was elected to parliament in the 1953 election (Canadian federal election, 1953) as a Progressive Conservative (Progressive Conservative Party of Canada) for the riding of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. In his maiden speech to Parliament in November he accused the very conservative Liberal (Liberal Party of Canada) government led by Louis St. Laurent of being socialists. His criticisms were based on the government being corporatistic and taking an interest in private business activities. * William Henry Allison b. 1838 first elected in 1878 as Conservative (Conservative Party of Canada (historical)) member for Hants (Hants (electoral district)), Nova Scotia. * Warren Allmand b. 1932 first elected in 1965 as Liberal (Liberal Party of Canada) member for Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Quebec. * Benjamin Graydon Allmark b. 1911 first elected in 1958 as Progressive Conservative (Progressive Conservative Party of Canada) member for Kingston (Kingston (electoral district)), Ontario. * Sarkis Assadourian b. 1948 first elected in 1993 as Liberal (Liberal Party of Canada) member for Don Valley North, Ontario. * Edmund Tobin Asselin b. 1920 first elected in 1962 as Liberal (Liberal Party of Canada) member for Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Quebec. * Gérard Asselin b. 1950 first elected in 1993 as Bloc Québécois member for Charlevoix (Charlevoix (electoral district)), Quebec. * John Borden Hamilton b. 1913 first elected in 1954 as Progressive Conservative (Progressive Conservative Party of Canada) member for York West, Ontario. * William McLean Hamilton b. 1919 first elected in 1953 as Progressive Conservative (Progressive Conservative Party of Canada) member for Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Quebec. * William James Hammell b. 1881 first elected in 1921 as Progressive (Progressive Party of Canada) member for Muskoka (Muskoka (electoral district)), Ontario. Farther west, St. Jacques Street runs through the residential neighbourhoods of Little Burgundy, Saint-Henri, Notre-Dame-de-Grâce and Lachine. Lionel-Groulx (Lionel-Groulx (Montreal Metro)) and Place-Saint-Henri (Place-Saint-Henri (Montreal Metro)) metro stations are located on St. Jacques in the Sud-Ouest (Le Sud-Ouest) borough; to the west, it gives access to Autoroute 20 (Quebec Autoroute 20) in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, where it passes through a largely industrial and large-surface commercial district at the top of the Falaise Saint-Jacques. The McGill University Health Centre superhospital will front Saint-Jacques in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. Federal and provincial politics The Town of Montreal West shares a federal riding with the Montreal neighbourhoods (List of neighbourhoods in Montreal) of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce and Lachine (Lachine, Quebec). The riding is known as Notre-Dame-de-Grâce—Lachine and its Member of Parliament (Member of Parliament#Canada) is New Democrat (New Democratic Party) Isabelle Morin. Used by both Quebec-born and outside English-speakers, acronyms with the letters pronounced in English, not French, rather than the full name for Quebec institutions and some areas on Montreal Island are common, particularly where the English-language names either are or, historically, were official. For instance, '''SQ''' -- Sûreté du Québec (pre-Bill 101: '''QPP''' -- ''Quebec Provincial Police'', as it once was); '''NDG''' -- Notre-Dame-de-Grâce; '''DDO''' -- Dollard-des-Ormeaux; '''TMR''' -- Town of Mount Royal (Mount Royal, Quebec), the bilingual town's official English name. Marymount Academy is a paragon of Canadian multiculturalism (multiculturalism). Marymount's diverse environment is composed of students from many ethnic groups and religions. The location of the school in the middle of two neighbourhoods attracts students from the culturally rich areas of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce and Côte-des-Neiges. This further establishes the IBO areas of interaction stimulating open minds and diverse thinking; representative of the school's environment. Early life Martin was born in East York, Ontario (now part of the city of Toronto). His father used to play saxophone in Montreal subway stations to help pay for his baseball training. Along with playing baseball in the Montreal neighborhood of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Martin played hockey for N.D.G Minor Hockey, where glimpses of his future all-star athleticism could be seen. He graduated from Polyvalente Édouard-Montpetit High School, which was the same high school attended by former teammate Éric Gagné. After graduating from high school, Martin took a junior college scholarship at Chipola College in Marianna, Florida. By 2003, Mike Taylor began to court the owner of the remaining location on Monkland Avenue (Monkland Avenue (Montreal)) in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, district of the Montreal borough (Boroughs of Montreal) of Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. During 2004, he gained majority control over the location and began a renovation of the Avenue Video Monkland location during the summer of 2005. The main offices of the board are at 6000, Fielding Avenue in the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce district of the borough (boroughs of Montreal) of Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. The building was formerly occupied by the Protestant School Board of Greater Montreal (PSBGM). caption Shaare Zedek Logo location Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Montreal, Quebec, Canada geo '''Shaare Zedek Congregation ''' is a Conservative Jewish (Conservative Judaism) synagogue located in the residential district of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
on the University of Saskatchewan campus The original Victoria School was built in 1888 by stonemason Alexander (Sandy) Marr as the first school house of the temperance colony. Located at the Five Corners crossing at Broadway Avenue and 12th Street, the school yard would eventually be home to three school buildings as the population grew, the last of which being the present-day École Victoria School. The first Victoria School was dismantled and reassembled on a site at the University of Saskatchewan campus in 1911. The building is often referred to as the Little Stone Schoolhouse. November 16, 1901 July 1, 1903 May 26, 1906 Temperance Colony founded at Nutana (Nutana, Saskatoon). Riversdale (Riversdale, Saskatoon), Nutana, and Saskatoon (Central Business District, Saskatoon) merge to form city. Most populous and geographically largest city in Saskatchewan. - thumb right Victoria One room school One Room Schoolhouse (File:VictoriaSchool.UofS.jpg) The Victoria School House, known also as the Little Stone School House, was built in 1888 as the first school house of the Temperance Colony. The one room school house was originally constructed in Nutana (Nutana, Saskatoon). The location is now known as five corners at the south or top of the Broadway Bridge (Broadway Bridge (Saskatoon)). The school yard at one time comprised three school houses, as the population grew. The little stone school house was preserved and moved on campus. It was declared a historic site on June 1, 1967.
'''Charles Lester Marlatt''' (1863–1954) was an American (United States) entomologist (entomology). Born in 1863 at Atchison (Atchison, Kansas), Kansas, he was educated at Kansas State Agricultural College (Kansas State University) (B.S., 1884; M.S., 1886), where he was assistant professor for two years. He is the person who introduced the ladybird (Coccinellidae) insect into the United States to control the San Jose scale insect, which was first discovered in San Jose, California in 1880 by John Henry Comstock and named by him. Marlatt worked for the Bureau of Entomology, United States Department of Agriculture. In 1912 he was appointed chairman of the Federal Horticultural Board. He was president of the Entomological Society of Washington in 1897–98 and of the Association of Economic Entomologists in 1899. DATE OF BIRTH 1863 PLACE OF BIRTH Atchison (Atchison, Kansas), Kansas DATE OF DEATH 1954
the building of administration of Donetsk city hours price content In 1997 was complimented with the copy of bell sister city of Bokhuma - to Donetsk *
Roosevelt High School (Kent, Ohio) Theodore Roosevelt High School for grades 9–12. The district also operates a preschool program housed at Davey Elementary School, and is a member of the Six District Educational Compact with five surrounding districts to facilitate vocational education with many of these programs housed at Theodore Roosevelt High School.
preservation.htm By 1929, both city and Buncombe County (Buncombe County, North Carolina) had incurred over $56 million in bonded debt to pay for a wide range of municipal and infrastructure improvements, including the courthouse and City Hall, paved streets, Beaucatcher Tunnel, school buildings and municipal parks. Rather than default, the city paid those debts over a period of 50 years. From the start of the Depression through the 1980s, economic growth in Asheville was slow. During
: thepeerage.com p13901.htm#i139006 thepeerage.com John Julian Ganzoni, 2nd Baron Belstead thumb left 300px alt An ivy-covered brick building, photographed in black and white The existing schoolhouse, circa 1908 (Image:CRGS pre1908.jpg) The resulting academic success, scholarships and local goodwill that followed thus enabled Shaw Jeffrey to expand the school buildings, inspired by the designs of rival Ipswich and Earls Colne Grammar Schools. Firstly Mansfield House was bought in 1903 and renamed Gilberd House. In 1908 he convinced the Governors and local Education Board to expand the Big School and build a New School building for £4000 on land that was previously the kitchen gardens. This was designed by architects Newman, Jaques and Round, and was opened by Lord Rosebery (Archibald Primrose, 5th Earl of Rosebery) with Colchester Corporation dignitaries in May 1910. In 1911 the school was gifted