beautification, public building renovation, public records surveys, and museum development. Most were unemployed white collar clerical workers. In July 1934, the FERA established a separate division for professional and nonconstruction projects. Project designers in the division for professional projects faced an enormous challenge in creating effective and meaningful work for unskilled women. In 1935 she became assistant administrator of the WPA, where she directed the income-earning projects
. A congressional resolution in 1938 called for construction of a "public building which shall be known as the '''National Cultural Center'''" near Judiciary Square, but nothing materialized. Coming to America The Marienthal study attracted the attention
;ref name "Birley 2000, p. 187" succeeded by his sons Caracalla and Geta (Publius Septimius Geta). With the succession of his sons, Severus founded the Severan dynasty, the last dynasty of the empire before the Crisis of the Third Century. As a civilian administrator, Trajan is best known for his extensive public building program which reshaped the city of Rome and left multiple enduring landmarks such as Trajan's Forum, Trajan's Market and Trajan's
; The Ashkenazim (Ashkenazi Jews) built the first public building, ''Beit Knesset HaPerushim''. In 1912, an embroidery and sewing workshop was opened with the help of a Jewish philanthropist, Rabbi Slutzkin. Other industries established in Givat Shaul were the Froumine biscuit factory, a factory for kerosene heaters that manufactured arms for the British army during the British Mandate of Palestine, and a matza factory. In 1927, the Diskin Orphanage moved to Givat Shaul
into the hillside, but some parts are supported by separate stone pillars. The theater shows evidence of ancient damage, probably from the earthquake in 363, but also quite possibly from the Arab conquest. A distinguished Biblical scholar, during the years 1922-27 Waterman was one of five members of the translation committee of the University of Chicago that produced "The Bible: An American Translation," sometimes called the “Chicago Bible.” From 1938-52 he was one of 31 scholars appointed by the National Council of Churches of Christ in America to the committee which produced the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, of which the New testament appeared in 1946 and the Old Testament in 1952. He served as the annual professor at the American School of Oriental Research in Baghdad, Iraq in 1928-29, and from 1928 to 1931 was director of a Mesopotamian archaeological expedition at Tel-Umar, twenty-five miles south of Baghdad, which was sponsored by the University of Michigan, the Toledo (OH) Museum of Art, and the Cleveland Art Museum. Waterman began the excavation of the ancient city of Seleucia on the Tigris, having located the site through his study of ancient documents and the use of aerial photographs. The results were published in the "Preliminary Report Upon the Excavations at Tel Umar, Iraq" (University of Michigan Press 1931) and the "Second Preliminary Report" (1933). Waterman was also director of a University of Michigan archaeological expedition at Sepphoris, near Nazareth, during the summer of 1931. These results were published in the "Preliminary Report of the University of Michigan at Sepphoris, Palestine" (University, of Michigan Press, 1931). Additional scholarly work included editing volume XIV of R.F. Harper's "Assyrian and Babylonian Letters" (1912), translating "Some Koujunjik Letters and Related Texts" (1912), "Business Documents of the Hammurabi Period" (1916), and "The Royal Correspondence of the Assyrian Empire" (four vol. 1930). *Jerusalem Trail - 40 km trail, connects the Israel National Trail with Jerusalem and the area of the Old City. *Jesus Trail - a 65 km hiking and pilgrimage route in the Galilee region of Israel that traces routes Jesus may have walked, connecting many sites from his life and ministry. The trail begins in Nazareth, and passes through Sepphoris, Cana (Kafr Kanna), the Horns of Hattin, Mount Arbel Cliffs, the Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Tabgha, the Mount of Beatitudes, Tiberias, the Jordan River, Mount Tabor, and Mount Precipice. *Golan Trail - a 125 km route from the slopes of Mt. Hermon to the southern Golan Heights. It passes many towns and settlements including Majdal Shams, Nimrod (Nimrod, Golan Heights), Masade, Buq'ata, Odem, Merom Golan, and Ein Zivan.
Paphos, Limassol and Larnaca marched his army towards Nicosia and laid siege to the city. The city managed to last 40 days under siege until its fall on 9 September 1570. Some 20,000 residents died during the sige and every church, public building, and palace was looted.
; (34° 34’ N) * West: Fajã Grande, Azores Islands, Portugal 1570–1571: Conquest of Cyprus In the summer of 1570, the Turks struck again, but this time with a full-scale invasion rather than a raid. About 60,000 troops, including cavalry and artillery, under the command of Lala Mustafa Pasha landed unopposed near Limassol on July 2, 1570, and laid siege to Nicosia. In an orgy of victory on the day that the city fell—September 9, every public building and palace
of Lala Mustafa Pasha landed unopposed near Limassol on July 2, 1570, and laid siege to Nicosia. The city fell--September 9, 1570--20,000 Nicosian Greeks were put to death, and every church (Church (building)), public building, and palace was looted. Only women and boys who were captured to be sold as slaves (Slavery in the Ottoman Empire) were spared. Turnbull, Stephen (2003). ''The Ottoman Empire 1326–1699 (Essential Histories Series #62)''. Osprey Publishing. p. 58<
for the ''Engelbrektskyrkan'' (Engelbrekt Church) in Stockholm (built according to the design of Lars Israel Wahlman). They were more successful in the competition for the City Court building (''rådhus'') in Borås in 1909, where they won first prize and were allowed to execute their design. Another public building designed by Tengbom in collaboration with Torulf was the new church in Arvika, completed in 1911. thumb 200px Main stand at Ryavallen. (Image:Ryavallen, main stand, january 2008.JPG) '''Ryavallen''' is a multi-purpose stadium in Borås, Sweden. From its inauguration in 1941 to 2004, it was the home of IF Elfsborg who now play at Borås Arena. During the 1958 FIFA World Cup, it hosted the matches between USSR (USSR national football team) and Austria (Austria national football team), and between England (England national football team) and Austria. '''Bäckängsgymnasiet''' is a gymnasium (gymnasium (school)) in Borås, Sweden that offers university preparatory programs in the natural and social sciences, art, and the humanities. The school was founded in 1901 as "Högre allmänna läroverket i Borås", which can be translated as "the higher education institute of Borås". '''Borås Tidning''' is the daily newspaper of Borås, Sweden. It was founded in 1826, has a circulation of about 50,000 copies and is politically conservative ("moderat"). It is owned by Gota Media AB and has Stefan Eklund as chief editor. It had two predecessors, ''Borås Weckoblad'' (1826–1833) and ''Borås Nya Tidning'' (1834–1838). It was first published as ''Borås Tidning'' in 1838. image_width 250px location Borås, Sweden date_opened 1962 '''Borås Djurpark''' is a WikiPedia:Borås Dmoz:Regional Europe Sweden Västra Götaland County Localities Borås commons:Borås
thumb 250px right This is a Sotrama stand (pronounced so-tram-a). The Sotrama (Taxi van) is what is used as 'public transportation' though many are owned independently. (File:Taxi vans in Bamako.jpg) The Dakar-Niger Railway links Bamako to Dakar via Kati, Négala, Kita and Kayes. The road network links Bamako to Koulikoro, Kati, Kolokani, Ségou and Sikasso. thumb upright Two slightly differing Okpoko (File:ManillaOkhapos.JPG) manillas as used by Europeans to purchase slaves. Following the 1591 destruction of the Songhai capital by Moroccan (Morocco) invaders, a number of smaller states arose across West Africa, including the Bambara Empire of Ségou, the Bambara (Bamana Empire) kingdom of Kaarta, the Fula (Fula people) Malinké (Mandinka people) kingdom of Khasso, and the Kénédougou Empire of Sikasso. Timbuktu soon became a center of trade, culture, and Islam; markets brought in merchants from Nigeria, Egypt, and other African kingdoms, a university was founded in the city (as well as in the Malian cities of Djenné and Ségou), and Islam was spread through the markets and university, making Timbuktu a new area for Islamic scholarship. De Villiers, Marq and Hirtle, Sheila, pp. 74. News of the Malian empire’s city of wealth even traveled across the Mediterranean to southern Europe, where traders from Venice, Granada, and Genoa soon added Timbuktu to their maps to trade manufactured goods for gold. De Villiers, Marq and Hirtle, Sheila, pp. 87-88. It was reported in January 1961 the Nkrumah administration desired minimal foreign influence in Ghanaian affairs, and saw Ghana Airways as a prime symbol of Ghana's statehood.
of Dobrotitsa Dobrotici and of Wallachia under Mircea I of Wallachia, Constanța fell under the Ottoman (Ottoman Empire) rule around 1419. A railroad linking Constanța to Cernavodă was opened in 1860. In spite of damage done by railway contractors there are considerable remains of ancient masonry walls, pillars, etc. An impressive public building, thought to have originally been a port building, has been excavated, and contains the substantial remains of one of the longest mosaic pavements in the world. In 1878, after the Romanian War of Independence, Constanța and the rest of Northern Dobruja were ceded by the Ottoman Empire to Romania. The city became Romania's main seaport and transit point for much of Romania's exports. On October 22, 1916 (during World War I), the Central Powers (German, Turkish and Bulgarian troops) occupied Constanța. According to the Treaty of Bucharest (Treaty of Bucharest, 1918) in May 1918, article 10.b (a treaty never ratified by Romania), Constanța remained under the joint control of the Central Powers. Allied troops liberated the city in 1918 after the successful offensive on the Thessaloniki front knocked Bulgaria out of the war. In the interwar years, the city became Romania's main commercial hub, so that by the 1930s over half of the national exports were going through the port. During World War II, when Romania joined the Axis powers, Constanța was one of the country's main targets for the Allied (Allies of World War II) bombers. While the town was left relatively undamaged, the port suffered extensive damage, recovering only in the early 1950s. Geography thumb Mamaia (File:Mamaia Hotel Parc.jpg), administratively a district of Constanța thumb Mamaia, view towards Constanța (File:Mamaia Beach (September 2013).JPG) Constanța is the administrative center of the county with the same name (Constanţa County) and the largest city in the EU (European Union) Southeastern development region (Sud-Est (development region)) of Romania. The city is located on the Black Sea coast, having a beach length of Wikipedia:Constanța Commons:Category:Constanţa
, the oldest public building of the village (Hu: Szent Anna plébánia templom. Loc: Szent Imre herceg útja 14. Phone: +36 26 383091, ZSzalay@t-online.hu), Calvinist Church (Hu: Református Templom. Loc: Erkel utca. Phone:+36 26 395128 — email@example.com), - To '''Do''': - Thermal swimming pool (Hu:Termálfűrdő. Loc: Móricz Zsigmond út 142. Phone: +36 26 383370 +36 70 3394794, Opening hours: daily 06:00-19:00. Full day adult HUF1850 (2014)), - Hiking, walking path in to Danube-Ipoly National Park. - '''Stay''': About a half dozen guesthouses and boarding houses waiting you. Ask about at Village House (Loc: Móricz Zsigmond út 126. Phone:+36 26 383-014. Mo 14:00-18:00, We 8:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00, Fr 8:00-12:00) or on Web. - eMagyaroszág point in the Ravasz Laszlo Library, free internet for thirty min. (Hu: Ravasz László Könyvtár. Loc: Móricz Zsigmond út 124, Mon 14:00 -18:00, Tue 9:00-12:00; 14:00-18:00, Wed closed, Thu 14:00-18:00, Fri 9-12:00; 14:00-19:00, Sat 9:00-12:00). * WikiPedia:Szentendre Commons:Category:Szentendre
for Nationalities and Guangxi University. However, be aware that Nanning people, like virtually all Chinese in the south, have a non-standard pronunciation for many of the basic sounds of Mandarin (which comes from the northern Han people). Note also that Nanning, as the capital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, embraces the Zhuang ethnic language, and virtually all public building signs in Guangxi display the Zhuang written text alongside Chinese. It is not to be confused with pin yin, the anglicised phonetic transliteration of Mandarin. Work As a regional capital, Nanning has a lot of work opportunities compared to other cities of Guangxi Province. The booming import and export business exchanges between Guangxi and Vietnam means that there is a big demand for people who can speak both Chinese and Vietnamese. Also, if you are a native English speaker, teaching jobs are also abundant. However,if you do plan on teaching, be aware that government regulations have tightened considerably, post-Olympics, and to gain employment you must be under 60, have two years teaching experience in China already; have a minimum Bachelors degree, and preferably, additionally, ESL EFL certification. Although, with the demand for teachers far outstripping supply, those who don't meet these qualifications can still find teaching work (just without the comfort legality of a working Visa). Buy * WikiPedia:Nanning