Masvingo

. Birchenough Bridge is located 62 km from Chipinge in the Manicaland province of Zimbabwe linking Mutare with Masvingo. The bridge was funded and planned by the Beit Trust, a foundation chaired at the time by Sir Henry Birchenough. It was completed in 1935. At a length of 1080 feet (329 m) it was the third longest single-arch suspension bridge in the world at the time. '''Howard Unwin Moffat''' (13 January 1869 – 19 January 1951) served as second premier

of Southern Rhodesia, from 1927 to 1933. Born in the Kuruman mission station in Bechuanaland (now in Northern Cape), Moffat was the son of the missionary John Smith Moffat and grandson of the missionary Robert Moffat, who was the friend of King Mzilikazi and the father-in-law of David Livingstone. After service in the Bechuanaland Border Police, Moffat moved to Bulawayo and served in the 1893 Matabele War (First Matabele War) and the Second Boer War Anglo-Boer


Dalhousie, New Brunswick

to any sort of practical success was on March 23, 1896, when one George Moffat (George Moffat, Jr.), an MP from Dalhousie (Dalhousie, New Brunswick), New Brunswick, put forth a motion (in response to Monk's copious letter to he and his colleagues) in Parliament to discuss Canadian sponsorship of an international tribunal, convened in Jerusalem. Though it was the first time such a proposition had been discussed in a legislative body of the English-speaking world, the motion was sidelined


Francistown

of Local Government History Although evidence of habitation by humans goes back around 10,000 years, written evidence is more recent. The Matabele people(Ndebele) colonised the area in the 1830s on their way to Bulawayo, bringing their culture and influence to the BaKalanga Kalanga area of north-eastern Botswana. Reportedly, Nyangabgwe was the nearest village to Francistown to have been visited by Europeans, when it was visited by the missionary,Robert Moffat. Moffat was followed


Verdun, Quebec

; Today, not only is it one of Verdun's largest public institutions, but its campus is one of the borough's most important greenspaces. Verdun became a town in 1907 and a city in 1912. Between 1911 and 1924 the population tripled and urbanization expanded rapidly "westward" (according to "Montreal directions" (Geography of Montreal#Street directions) - actually due southward), and the farms were divided for residential use. The Moffat area west of rue Desmarchais was built

in with "plexes" - the typical Montreal layered apartment — between 1920 and 1930, "Le voisinage Moffat." Grand répertoire du patrimoine bâti de Montréal. Accessed 1 July 2011. and the Crawford


Mocha, Yemen

English, Dutch, French and Danish East India companies maintained factories at Mocha, which remained a major emporium and coffee exporting port until the early 18th. century. In August 1800 ''Phoenix (Phoenix (1785))'' visited. William Moffat, her captain, took the opportunity to prepare a chart of the mouth of the Red Sea. In December 1820, HMS ''Topaze'' (French frigate Étoile (1813)) and ships and troops belonging to the British East India Company attacked the North


Gresham, Oregon

to 2,016 by 1910, making it the county's most populated city, according to 1910 census (United States Census, 1910) data. By 1970, it had increased to more than 15,000, although neighboring Beaverton had overtaken it as the county's most populous city.


Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission

-3 Leoville and CBKST-TV-11 Greenwater Lake. On May 30, 1968 (1968 in television), controlling interest in CHAB Ltd., owner of CHAB-AM-TV and CHRE, was transferred to Moffat Broadcasting, owner of Winnipeg's CTV affiliate, CJAY (CKY-TV). The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), however, told Moffat to sell CHAB-TV and CHRE to a new owner within one year. Moffat tried to sell CHAB and CHRE to Western Broadcast Management Ltd

this phenomenon being relatively common among 1950s FM (FM broadcasting) stations. In any case, the Canadian Communication Foundation, which claims the station's first air date was in 1947, does report that CKVL-FM was confirmed as being on the air in 1957. On August 20, 1992, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) approved the sale of CFOX and CKLG from Moffat Communications Ltd. to Shaw Communications. This was part of Moffat's sale of its radio division

to sell the stations to Moffat Communications, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) approved their sale to Maclean-Hunter. The station adopted its current call sign (CIWW) in 1985, along with an Oldies format (at the time mostly music of the late 1950s to early 1970s.) The name used over the air was W1310, followed by Sunny 1310. In 1992 the station changed to the branding of '''Oldies 1310'''. In 1994 the stations became part of Rogers Radio when


Baker City, Oregon

Demographics


Pembroke, Ontario

History of Pembroke publisher City of Pembroke year 2004 accessdate 2008-10-27 The hamlet was later renamed Moffat, and then Sydenham. In 1856, it merged with the hamlet of Campelltown, across the Muskrat River, to form the Police Village of Pembroke. Pembroke became a police village in 1856. Pembroke is named after Sidney Herbert (Sidney Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Lea), First Admiralty Secretary from 1841 to 1845 and son of George Herbert, 11th Earl of Pembroke


Bulawayo

, bringing their culture and influence to the Kalanga area of north-eastern Botswana. Reportedly, Nyangabgwe was the nearest village to Francistown to have been visited by Europeans, when it was visited by Robert Moffat. Moffat was followed in 1867 by a gold prospector, Karl Mauch who found gold along the Tati River. thumb right Francistown Bus terminal (File:Bus terminal.jpg) The city is a major transport hub. A railway line links the city with Harare in Zimbabwe via

in Matabeleland North, Zimbabwe and is located about 43 km north-east of Bulawayo. The Battle of Bembezi took place nearby in 1893. '''Inyati''' is a village in Matabeleland North, Zimbabwe and is located about 60 km north-east of Bulawayo in the Inyati communal land. The village grew up around the Inyati mission, which established in 1859 by on land given to Robert Moffat and William


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017