Oliver W. Dillard

serviceyears 1945-1980 rank 34px (File:US-O8 insignia.svg) Major General commands File:1st Army.svg 20px First United

Williams Dillard, Sr.''' (born September 28, 1926) is a retired United States Army major general, the fifth black officer in the U.S. Army to attain flag rank. He

Regimental Combat Team — conducted the first major offensive mission by the 25th Infantry Division with its recapture of the vital road junction town of Yecheon driving out the North Korean defenders, and repulsing a North Korean attempts to retake the town. It was considered by the Congress and the United States Department of Defense as the first sizable American ground victory of the war. A thorough accounting of Dillard’s exploits are described in Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Bradley


Queenston, Ontario

is the village of Lewiston, New York (Lewiston (village), New York). The two communities, and countries, are linked by the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. Queenston was first settled in the 1770s by United Empire Loyalist refugees and immigrants from the United States. During the War of 1812, British, Mohawk (Mohawk nation) and Canadian colonial troops repelled an American invasion force here in the Battle of Queenston Heights. British Major-General Sir Isaac Brock was killed

from General Brock's (Isaac Brock) Monument on the easterly side of the monument's park grounds. From there, it travels through the major towns and cities of St. Catharines where it passes through wine country near the Short Hills Bench, Hamilton (Hamilton, Ontario), Burlington (Burlington, Ontario), Milton (Milton, Ontario), Halton Hills, Owen Sound, Wiarton and Tobermory. - ''Niagara'' Queenston (Queenston, Ontario) Grimsby, Ontario Grimsby

and Laura Secord publisher University of Toronto Press location Toronto year 2002 The '''Battle of Queenston Heights''' was the first major battle in the War of 1812 and resulted in a British (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland) victory. It took place on 13 October 1812, near Queenston (Queenston, Ontario), in the present-day province of Ontario. It was fought between United States regulars and New York militia forces led by Major General Stephen Van


Downtown Orlando

fixture until the 1960s, but the name "Bumby" is still famous in the city. http: articles.orlandosentinel.com 1993-01-24 news 9301210657_1_bumby-orlando-robinson-springs 2 The location of the hardware store is now a Hamburger Mary's. Downtown's heyday By the 1920s, Orlando had grown from a cattle town to a major citrus growing center. The city constructed the Orlando Public Library in 1923, the Orlando Municipal Auditorium (now Bob Carr Performing

(now the site of Florida Citrus Bowl). By 1944, enough jobs were created to increase the city's population to 45,000 people. Orlando became a major military center when World War II brought the development of McCoy Air Force Base and Pinecastle AFB, located southeast of downtown. This status intensified with the 1968 opening of the Orlando Naval Training Center east of downtown. Decline and redevelopment Walt Disney World's 1971 opening in southwest Orange County brought

major development to Orlando, but relatively little to the downtown area. During this time, development in downtown was mainly focused upon the construction of office towers, such as the Citrus Center and the original Sunbank building. However, downtown began to fall into a state of decline. The "Angebilt" and "San Juan Hotels" were abandoned and left to crumble. The San Juan was eventually demolished, but the "Angebilt Building" would be transformed in modern times


Comilla

;Bangladesh2003" In a major peasant gathering, the police fired at Hasnabad of Laksham Upazila in 1932. Two people were killed and many were wounded. Comilla Cantonment is one of most important military bases and is the oldest in East Bengal. It was widely used by the British Indian Army during World War II. It was the headquarters of the British 14th Army (Fourteenth Army (United Kingdom)). There is a war cemetery, Maynamati War Cemetery, ref name "Whitaker's

, Comilla.jpg thumb left Gomti river, Comilla Comilla covers a total area of 153 square kilometers. It is bounded by Burchiganj and Tripura on the north, Laksham and Chauddagram on the south, and Barura on the west. The major rivers that pass through Comilla include Gumti and Little Feni. The Tropic of Cancer crosses Comilla town on the south side just over the Thomson Bridge. Economy and transport Comilla has a number of tourist attractions. Various archaeological relics discovered

Lakshmipur (Lakshmipur District) South Noakhali Southeast Feni (Feni District) Category:Populated places in Comilla District Category:Populated places in Bangladesh Category:History of Tripura Dhaka is the capital and largest city of Bangladesh. Other major cities include Chittagong, Khulna, Rajshahi, Sylhet, Barisal, Bogra, Comilla, Mymensingh and Rangpur, Bangladesh


Chaguanas

is still predominantly agricultural. Governance The Chaguanas Borough Council consists of 8 electoral district councillors and four aldermen (Alderman) selected through a proportional representation methodology. The Major and Deputy Major are then selected henceforth. The electoral districts are as follows: Felicity Endeavour; Enterprise South; Edinburgh Longdenville; Enterprise North; Charlieville; Montrose; Monroe Road Caroni Savannah Road; and Cunupia. In 2013, the Chaguanas Borough

. It will feature two major buildings, one near to the Uriah Butler Highway and another close to the centre of Chaguanas, joined by an enclosed walkover above the Mulchan Seuchan Link Road.thumb right 200px The above photo shows shoppers, pedestrians and vendors on the Chaguanas mainroad. (File:Chaguanas mainroad.jpg) More recently, construction of Price Plaza in Endeavour expanded upscale retail opportunities. Price Plaza includes a warehouse-style store PriceSmart, TGI Friday's

of Baroda all have major corporate offices in Chaguanas. The dissolution of the state-owned sugar company, Caroni (1975) Limited, had a profound effect on Chaguanas, since this company was a major employer. Demographics Chaguanas has grown rapidly from a small village to the largest town in Trinidad and Tobago. Chaguanas has historically been considered an Indo-Trinidadian town through its original villages (such as Edinburgh village, Felicity, Charlieville, Chandernagore, Chase Village


Couva

is Balmain (Balmain, Trinidad and Tobago). To the west of Couva is the road to Waterloo and Carli Bay, which are located on the Gulf of Paria. Couva is part of the Caroni County. Couva is considered a major power base for the United National Congress (UNC) with its headquarters located at the Rienzi Complex (named after former labour leader Adrian Cola Rienzi) on the Southern Main Road. History The first British map of Trinidad, made in 1797 after the island

utilization of the now open sugar lands for new housing and business initiatives. Consequently, while the nearby town of Chaguanas has evolved and expanded significantly to become the de facto administrative and commercial capital of Central Trinidad, Couva's character has changed to become magnet for industrialization, sports, health, and residential projects. Development and Demise of the Sugar Production Industry In 1937 there were two major developments which occurred on these sugar

(Trinidad) Ltd making a conglomerate which included Waterloo on the Western coast and Brechin Castle in Couva. By 1940 the landscape of its headquarters, Brechin Castle, was changed by the construction of the factory and the four cooling ponds at the back as well as major company offices, the dispensary, Sevilla School, Sevilla Club and residences for mainly expatriate senior staff. In 1960 Caroni bought out Usine Ste. Madeleine factory which had grown considerably since its founding in 1870


Habiganj District

1971, during Bangladesh Liberation War the senior army officers assembled at the headquarters of 2nd East Bengal at Teliapara (Madhabpur Upazila), a semi hilly area covered by tea gardens where General MAG Osmani (M. A. G. Osmani), Lieutenant Colonel Abdur Rob, Lieutenant Colonel Salahuddin Mohammad Reja, Major Kazi Nuruzzaman, Major Khaled Mosharraf, Major Nurul Islam, Major Shafat Jamil, Major Mainul Hossain Chowdhury and others were present. In this meeting four senior commanders were

entrusted with the responsibility of operational areas. Sylhet-Brahmanbaria area was placed under the command of Major Shafiullah, Comilla-Noakhali area was given to Major Khaled Mosharraf while Chittagong-Chittagong Hill Tracts was given to Major Ziaur Rahman and Kushtia-Jessore area was placed under command of Major Abu Osman Chowdhury. In the meeting the organization concept of the freedom fighter forces and the command structure were chalked out under the command of M. A. G. Osmani

*Districts of Bangladesh *Sylhet Division References (Category:Habiganj District) Category:Districts of Bangladesh '''Sector 4 – 4 April 1971''' width "200pt" Area from Habiganj District on the north to Kanaighat Police Station on the south along the 100 mile long border with India. The headquarters of the sector was initially at Karimganj and later at Masimpur. width "120pt" • '''Major


Bo, Sierra Leone

''', is the second largest city in Sierra Leone (after Freetown) and the largest city in the Southern Province (Southern Province, Sierra Leone). The city serves as the capital and administrative (administration (government)) center of Bo District. Bo is a major urban (Urban area) center, and lies approximately south-east (Boxing the compass) of Freetown.

to a significant numbers of many of the country's ethnic groups as well as a large Liberian community. The population of the city is about equal in numbers between Muslims and Christians. Bo Airport Bo Airport serves the Bo District and the Southern Province (Southern Province, Sierra Leone). There are regular connections from Bo to Freetown, and other major cities in the country.

environment ranging from savannah to rainforests. Freetown is the capital (capital (political)), largest city as well as its economic, educational, cultural and financial center. The second largest city is Bo (Bo, Sierra Leone). Other major


Calabar

It subsequently became a major port in the transportation of African slaves. Most slave ships that transported slaves from Calabar were English (England), at around 85% of these ships being from Bristol and Liverpool merchants. <

-Niger transition forests ''). The modern city of Calabar was founded in 1786 by Efik (Efik people) families who had left Creek Town, further up the Calabar river, settling on the east bank in a position where they were able to dominate traffic with European vessels that anchored in the river, and soon becoming the most powerful in the region. Nigeria's publicly owned transportation infrastructure is a major

southeastern Nigeria, Western Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and parts of Northern Gabon. Major trade ports for goods and slaves in the area included Bonny (Bonny, Nigeria) and Calabar Town. A large number of slaves from the Bight of Biafra would have been Igbo.


Quetta

to the dry plains to the west. Quetta is at an average elevation of making it Pakistan's only high-altitude major city. The population of the city is estimated to be approximately one million. Located in northern Balochistan near the Durand

International Airport At an altitude of above sea level. The railway track was laid in the 1890s during

. Quetta is connected by metalled roads to the rest of the country. A road connects it with Karachi through Mastung (Mastung District), Kalat (Kalat, Pakistan), Khuzdar and Lasbela (Lasbela (Karachi)). Other major roads are Quetta to Karachi following the Sibi, Jacobabad, Sukkur and Hyderabad (Hyderabad, Sindh) route and two roads from Quetta to Lahore one (the older) via Sibi, Sukkur, Rahim Yar Khan, Bahawalpur and Multan the other route via


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017