weddings and other local events. The municipality hosts an annual Feria de Mariachi, which attracted about sixty bands in 2011 from as far as Jalisco and Aguascalientes.
friendly people. The city is also the home of the delicious Padang food and the town is stuffed with restaurants and street stalls. The locally available guidebook 'Sozzie Sumatra' can be referred to on arrival for upcoming local events and a current 'what to do' section. Get in By plane '''Minangkabau International Airport''' (Bandara Internasional Minangkabau - BIM) (PDG), located 23 km north-west of Padang, is the main gateway to West Sumatra, with frequent flights to destinations throughout Sumatra and Java such as Indonesia Garuda-Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, Lion Air, Citilink, as well as Kuala Lumpur (AirAsia) Direct flight to and from Padang, are only available from * Domestic ** Jakarta ** Batam ** Medan * International ** Kuala Lumpur Visas are available on arrival. From the airport, the cheapest way to get into the city is by '''Damri''' (bus) for a fare of Rp15,000 per person. Its route passes by the major hotels in Padang. Other alternatives include taxis or pre-arranged rental cars. A Rp 100,000 departure tax is levied on outbound international flights and Rp 35.000 on domestic flights. By train Rail transport to Padang are limited, the only passenger trains running is a twice-daily service from Padang Panjang . This connection can be quite useful if traveling from Jakarta overland. The main station is '''Padang Station''', Get around Crazily-decorated Angkots run along the two main roads. Prices for a trip are approximately Rp2,000. You can get '''taxis''' from the Minangkabau International Airport to town for less than Rp50,000 if you speak the language. Unfortunately if you are white or black, Minang people are well known to be good business people, and are quite skilled at making you pay a few extra thousand rupiah. That being said, don't start squabbling over 50 cents here or there. There are several alternatives that you can choose for transportation in Padang, such as '''bus kota''' (for city bus transportation), '''angkutan kota''' (for transportation in the city), taxi, and car rental. Most public transportations are not very safe and clean compared to international standard. During rush hour, you can see the buses overcrowded. Be careful with your valuables as sometimes there are pickpockets and thieves taking advantage while riding on the public transport, though this is very rare. If you're looking to spend a few days in Padang, car rental is the preferred way to go around. All car rentals include the driver, who can also act as your guide. It's not recommended for tourists to drive around because road signs are not followed by the locals and courtesy while driving almost do not exist in Indonesia. * '''Jacktour Padang Car Rental''', tel. +62 751 445655 , Padang and Bukittinggi car rental services. * '''TotalCarRental''', tel. +62 811 21 8494 , They also provide Padang and Bukittinggi tour packages that you can choose. * WikiPedia:Padang Commons:Category:Padang
78X Candlestick Express Funston and California Candlestick Park Richmond (Richmond District, San Francisco), Golden Gate Park, Sunset (Sunset District, San Francisco), Stonestown Galleria, Crocker-Amazon (Crocker-Amazon, San Francisco), Excelsior (Excelsior District, San Francisco), Balboa Park (Balboa Park, San Francisco) Route map (PDF) - In 1855, Mother Baptist Russell and the Sisters of Mercy opened a night school for adults on Vallejo Street, San Francisco. The late auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of San Francisco James T. O'Dowd, who was then the Archdiocesan Superintendent of Schools, requested that the Sisters of Mercy provide a secondary school for the Catholic girls in the Sunset (Sunset District, San Francisco), Lakeside (Neighborhoods_in_San_Francisco#Lakeside), and Park Merced (Parkmerced, San Francisco, California) districts. As a result, Mercy High School was opened on September 3, 1952 with a class of 199 freshmen in a partially completed building. Nearly two years later, the original building was completed in 1954.
at night with a covering of newspapers. His wardrobe was always the same: wrinkled shirt and pants with well-worn boots. Swain was a chemist at the borax plant in Boron. He attended local events and often played the piano for entertainment. He taught piano to children in Boron and played at the Baptist Church. On his 59th birthday in 1978 an article about George appeared in the ''Los Angeles Times''. By May 1979 he was featured on the TV show ''Real People''. He died on April 25, 2000.<
Procesión" and "La Marrana.” There are also descriptions of local events such as the yearly horse races on 24 July. Category:Municipalities of Oaxaca Category:Populated places in Oaxaca Surrounding towns A number of small towns surround the main city and are closely linked economically and culturally with the main city. Some of these towns are known for producing certain crafts that are identified with the three central valleys of Oaxaca. In these towns one can see the workshops and the crafts being produced in the traditional manner although most of these towns' products are sold in the main city. Santa María Atzompa produces glazed, glass-inlaid pottery of green, while San Antonio Arrazola and San Martín Tilcajete make alebrijes, small painted wooden figures. San Bartolo Coyotepec is known for its barro negro pottery, and Teotitlán del Valle works with wool and llama to make tapetes, or more commonly, throw rugs. These rugs are known for their intense colors, made traditionally with natural dyes, made from cempasúchil (yellow), cochineal (red) and indigo (blue). In addition, Oaxaca city and surrounding towns have market days, where one can visit the tianguis (open-air markets) set up for that day. There are markets on each day of the week. Monday in Miahuatlan (Miahuatlán de Porfirio Díaz) is for buying daily staples, and Tuesday, in Ayoquezco (Ayoquezco de Aldama) is noted for wood furniture. On Wednesday, people head to Etla (Villa de Etla) and Zimatlán (Zimatlán de Alvarez) for dairy products, especially cheese. Thursday is reserved for the two largest ''tianguis'' in Ejutla (Ejutla de Crespo) and Villa de Zaachila. On Friday, in Coyotepec, Jalietza and Ocotlán (Ocotlán (Oaxaca)) cotton textiles, embroidered blouses, corn-husk flowers and glazed pottery from Atzompa are sold. Also Llano park in Oaxaca has a small market. Saturday is reserved for the main city of Oaxaca, and to finish, on Sunday mezcal is sold in Tlacolula (Tlacolula de Matamoros). - 556 Villa de Zaachila Villa de Zaachila Zaachila (Zaachila District, Oaxaca) - - 556 Villa de Zaachila Villa de Zaachila Zaachila (Zaachila District, Oaxaca) -
division of Time Warner Cable, Stow also sponsors a Government-access television (GATV) station on cable TV — Stow Community Channel 15. The station broadcasts live audio from city council meetings, and regular announcements relating to: city and school functions; maintenance work; area businesses; and any upcoming local events.
. * FM 93.3 - CKSG (CKSG-FM), adult contemporary * FM 90.7 - CHJJ (CHJJ-FM), Christian music * FM 103.1 - CFMZ (CFMZ-FM), classical (European classical music) * FM 107.9 - CHUC (CHUC-FM), classic hits * FM 89.7 - CFWN (CFWN-FM), not-for-profit community-based, volunteer driven, programming focused on the community TV Cobourg uses cable 10, to broadcast local events and weather. Apart from that, Cobourg has no local Terrestrial television stations; the closest
Minor Hockey Association completed their merger to create the Halton Hills Thunder Minor Hockey Association. Georgetown Raiders Sr A competed in the OHA Senior A and Intermediate A ranks in the 1970s and 1980s. They are not connected to another Georgetown Raiders team which is currently a member of the Ontario Provincial Junior A Hockey League. Local events '''Georgetown Highland Games''' The second Saturday in June, Georgetown is host to a variety of Scottish traditional games
Thornton Park is located immediately east of Lake Eola Heights and is centered on Lake Lawsona along Thornton Ave. The area is similar to Lake Eola Heights, in that it contains historical homes and the streets are paved with brick. However, Thornton Park has a more "cosmopolitan" feel, as it is the location of exclusive restaurants, high-end fashion boutiques, and The Sanctuary, which has some of the most expensive condo units in Orlando. Other luxury condominium buildings in that area include The Waverly and 101 Eola (101 Eola (Orlando, FL)). It has also become one of the most desirable and expensive places to live in downtown, attracting young professionals and urban dwellers. As a result, the area has become a lively 24 7 neighborhood, with a diverse mix of people. Greenwood Cemetery, Orlando's oldest cemetery, is located just south of Thornton Park in the Lake Davis Greenwood neighborhood. Designed and plotted in 1880, it is the final resting place for many of the city's founders. http: www.greenwood-cemetery.net history.htm History Early years Prior to the arrival of European settlers in 1837, the Orlando area was occupied by the Native American (Native Americans in the United States) Creek (Muscogee (Creek)) and Seminole tribes. In 1838, Fort Gatlin was built a few miles south of downtown Orlando on the shores of modern day Lake Gatlin; where ruins of the fort remain to this day. Settlers knew the area as "Jernigan" until 1857; the "Town of Orlando" was incorporated in 1875 and centered on today's Church Street. Orlando became a city in 1885 and downtown was the only population center for many years. Church Street was the commercial hub for the new Orlando where original pioneers, such as Joseph Bumby of England, settled in the town and built a hardware store known as "Bumby Hardware Store". The store remained an Orlando fixture until the 1960s, but the name "Bumby" is still famous in the city. http: articles.orlandosentinel.com 1993-01-24 news 9301210657_1_bumby-orlando-robinson-springs 2 The location of the hardware store is now a Hamburger Mary's. Downtown's heyday By the 1920s, Orlando had grown from a cattle town to a major citrus growing center. The city constructed the Orlando Public Library in 1923, the Orlando Municipal Auditorium (now Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre) in 1926, and several grand hotels; namely the Angebilt and San Juan Hotels. By this time, the city's population had grown to 20,000 people. Great Depression to post-war years The federal government's Works Progress Administration programs during the Great Depression helped Orlando remain economically stable. New parks were developed, the Municipal Airport (now Orlando Executive Airport) was built, and the city also built a new football stadium at Tinker Field (now the site of Florida Citrus Bowl). By 1944, enough jobs were created to increase the city's population to 45,000 people. Orlando became a major military center when World War II brought the development of McCoy Air Force Base and Pinecastle AFB, located southeast of downtown. This status intensified with the 1968 opening of the Orlando Naval Training Center east of downtown. Decline and redevelopment Walt Disney World's 1971 opening in southwest Orange County brought major development to Orlando, but relatively little to the downtown area. During this time, development in downtown was mainly focused upon the construction of office towers, such as the Citrus Center and the original Sunbank building. However, downtown began to fall into a state of decline. The "Angebilt" and "San Juan Hotels" were abandoned and left to crumble. The San Juan was eventually demolished, but the "Angebilt Building" would be transformed in modern times into an office building with retail on the ground floor. Lake Eola Park became a haven for prostitutes and drug addicts. In addition, downtown department stores and family owned businesses closed or moved to the newly constructed Orlando Fashion Square mall. After the opening of Interstate 4, the downtown population base moved out of downtown to the suburbs. Efforts to revitalize downtown began in the mid 1970s and continued into the 1980s. Bob Snow opened ''Rosie O'Grady's'' in 1974 at Church Street Station (Church Street Station (Orlando)), which quickly became a popular attraction. In the mid 1980s, several skyscrapers were constructed; including SunTrust Center and Barnett Plaza (now Bank of America Center). Lake Eola Park was redesigned and the Walt Disney Amphitheater opened in the park around the same time the annual "Orlando Shakespeare Festival" was established. On the other hand, downtown's population base still had yet to rebound to previous levels and major corporations were still opening locations outside of the city center. http: www.city-data.com us-cities The-South Orlando-History.html The Orlando City Hall building, the city's third, opened in 1991 directly behind the previous City Hall, constructed in 1958. To clear the area for future development, the Orlando City Council chose to implode the 1950s building. The event was met with much local fanfare and was filmed for use in the opening scenes of the 1992 film Lethal Weapon 3. The area cleared is now occupied by CNL (CNL Financial Group) City Center Commons. Recent years Until the late 1990s, downtown was relatively small compared to other cities of Orlando's size. A building boom began in 1998 and continued through the 2000s decade. New commercial towers sprouted along Orange Avenue and residential towers were constructed around Lake Eola and along Magnolia Ave. CNL Financial Group established a major footprint in downtown with the construction of CNL City Center Commons, a complex of office towers surrounding Orlando City Hall. CNL continues to expand their presence downtown. As a result of the construction boom, downtown density doubled and Orlando's skyline dramatically changed. In 2005, the term "Manhattanization" was locally applied to Orange Avenue when a large number of construction cranes loomed over downtown. The late 2000s recession slowed large intensity skyscraper construction; but infill development continued downtown including construction of the Amway Center in 2009. In 2011, construction began on phase one of the long awaited Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts across from City
* Rotary Park Media Milton is covered by local newspapers, magazines and websites through the following services: * ''Milton Canadian Champion'' * ''Milton Villager'' * ''DiscoverMilton.com'' * ''SNAP Milton'' * ''The Milton Blog'' * ''The Cliffhanger'' Local events Every Labour Day weekend the Milton Steam-Era (Steam Era) takes place. Steam-Era is the annual show produced by the "Ontario Steam & Antique Preservers Association" held at the Milton Fairgrounds. Steam