. The highest lake level, the one Thompson labeled "original lake line" skirts or touches the 1892 town of Lemoore's south-west corner at the current intersection of State Route 41 and State Route 198. On Thompson's map, Lemoore is on the east bank, and about five miles away Lemoore Naval Air Station would have been on the west bank of the pointy northern tip of Tulare Lake at its maximum size. At the extreme northern point of Tulare Lake was its natural, occasional "flood year" spillway northbound into Bogg Slough, Fresno Slough, and the San Joaquin River's watershed, onward to the sea at San Francisco Bay. The present (2014) remaining marshy remnants of Bogg Slough, with its unfarmed ''oxbow'' (oxbow lake) structures may be the last of their kind to avoid the plow in the Kings-San Joaquin river system. This "summit," or spillway is located just a few miles north-west of Lemoore, off Grangeville Blvd at elevation 210 ft. U.S. Geologic Survey: STRUCTURAL CONTROL OF INTERIOR DRAINAGE, SOUTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY, CALIFORNIA By George H. Davis and J. H. Green, Washington, D.C., and Sacramento, Calif. "The low point of Tulare Lake Bed is 178 feet above sea level; the divide to the north is 210 feet above sea level" ... "During periods of high runoff, Tulare Lake would fill to an elevation of 210 feet and would discharge north to the San Joaquin River and thence to the Pacific Ocean. Playas or salt flats did not form because through-flowing water periodically flushed out accumulated salt." ... "Two principal explanations have been advanced to account for the interior drainage of the southern San Joaquin Valley. One advocated by Mendenhall and others (1916, p. 21), W. M. Davis (1933, p. 224), Hinds (1952, p. 150), and many others explains the interior drainage as due to damming of the valley by the growth of the alluvial fans of the Kings River from the east and Los Gatos Creek from the west. The other explanation suggests that Tulare Lake Bed is the site of a structural downwarp and that active tectonic subsidence is the cause of the topographic depression (G. H. Davis and others, 1939, p. 29)." The spillway was wide, shallow and confusing, choked with tall tule rushes, and without observable landmarks. Only one commercial boat is known to have sailed from Tulare Lake to the San Francisco delta. Tulare Lake had huge economic importance in the region, both for the very large population of Indians, and the white pioneers. The lake supported a large commercial fishery feeding San Francisco, and a steam powered ferry servicing several towns and settlements. The receding lake continually opened up new agricultural lands for settlement. Because of its source streams being diverted, the last time the lake overflowed was 1878, and today it no longer exists. Because the natural summit or border between the Kings River basin and the San Joaquin River's watershed, and the Kings River itself nearly intersect near Lemoore, a number of huge water works that control regional water flow are also located nearby. For example, in flood years the Kings River is diverted west into the so-called "North Fork Kings River," to Crescent Weir and related major levees eastward to the north-flowing Fresno Slough and to the sea, preventing a resurgence ("flooding") of Tulare Lake to the south. This "switch point" is located just north of Lemoore right off of Highway 41 and Elgin Ave at the New Island Weirs. In many cases the prehistoric Kings River bed has been obliterated and new channels have been constructed. However as of 2014, in satellite images (such as Google maps, etc.) the remains of many of the old channels can still be detected. Other towns built just above the Tulare Lake high-water shoreline include Kettleman City and Alpaugh (once also called Hog Island, Root Island, and Atwell's Island Historic Tulare County: A Sesquicentennial History, 1852-2002, By Chris Brewer, page 28 ). Satellite maps indicate that highways, railroads, and property lines are aligned with the historic lake shores. Also, many of the farms are can be seen to be much larger within its various historic shore lines than in the surrounding areas. Attractions The Sarah A. Mooney Memorial Museum is a Victorian house museum that was built in 1893 by Aaron and Sarah Mooney. The home is decorated in the Victorian period, with many of the pieces in the house donated by local families. It is also the headquarters of the mixed martial arts organization Tachi Palace Fights. Media The city had a local paper called ''The Lemoore Advance'',and the Advance Extra, which are now defunct. KGAR, 93.3 FM, is a low-power FM radio station operated by Lemoore High School students on the campus of Lemoore High School. The original disc jockeys for KGAR were Joe Harding and Eric Gillett. History Dr. Lovern Lee Moore from France first made his home in what was western Tulare County, California—now the City of Lemoore—in April, 1871. It was on the northern shoreline (just above the high-water mark) of Tulare Lake, then potentially the largest freshwater body of water in the USA, outside of the Great Lakes. The maps published by Thos. H. Thompson in 1892, shows three high water levels of the giant Tulare Lake in different years. The highest lake level, the one Thompson labeled "original lake line" skirts or touches the 1892 town of Lemoore's south-west corner at the current highway 41. On that map, Lemoore is on the east bank, and Lemoore Naval Air Station would have been on the west bank of the northern tip of Tulare Lake at its maximum size. By 1892, the shoreline is shown five miles to the south of Lemoore. It is presumed that by "original lake line" Thompson meant the still discernible high water line, and that this is near the elevation of the natural spillway and marks the maximum size of Tulare Lake during flood years. According to Google Earth map elevations, the current physical "spillway" would be north-west of Lemoore at the intersection of Grangeville Blvd. and 24th at elevation 213 or 214 feet at the natural "ridge" or "dam" top separating the San Joaquin River watershed from the Kings River drainage. The nearby remnant stream ''oxbows'' of Bogg Slough marks the natural, pre-dammed start of the Fresno Slough. However, current elevations (and the spillway's location) may have changed due to land subsidence reportedly caused in nearby areas by ground water pumping. Because the land is so flat, just a few feet in changed elevation can translate to more than a mile in distance. The American pioneers from eastern states saw this as a stretch of vast virgin land on which sheep, horses and wild animals had grazed but had never been cultivated. By the time Dr. Moore arrived, scores of individual farms dotted the landscape, but as Tulare Lake retreated, more became contually available. The soil was rich and productive as it had been brought down and deposited for centuries from the high Sierras by the Kings River and the Los Gatos Creek alluvial fan from the Coast Range. Wells were easy to dig, as the water level was unusually high. So water was plentiful for irrigation from shallow wells farm families installed. Raising of sheep and grains were principal concerns of farmers in the area. However, the pioneers were somewhat isolated, since they had to drive by horse as far as six miles (10 km) northeast to Grangeville settlement, to get mail or newspapers. It was even farther to Kingston for other supplies. Hanford was not yet founded until later in 1877. Even the area was called by various names, believed to be of Indian origin, such as Latache, Tailholt, or just, in English, the Lake District. Dr. Lee Moore proved to be a man of vision. He decided to knit together the scores of surrounding farm families, to secure a post office, and some local center for conducting business which could be hastened by direct means of communicating with the outside world. He must also have had the hope of attracting the railroad, which was then being planned but was not built until six years later. The first steps he took to organize a community began in early 1872, when he surveyed a
Minister Todt and Reinhard Heydrich (from left) at a ''Generalplan Ost'' exhibition, 1941 In 1938, he founded the ''Organisation Todt'' (OT), joining together government firms, private companies and the ''Reichsarbeitsdienst'' (Reich Labor Service), for the construction of the "West Wall", later renamed the "Siegfried Line", for the defence of the ''Reich'' territory. On 17 March 1940, he was appointed ''Reichsminister für Bewaffnung und Munition'' ("Reich Minister for Armaments and Munitions") and oversaw the work of ''Organisation Todt'' in the occupied west. After the invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941, he was appointed to manage the restoration of the infrastructure there. At the beginning of world war II, the Reichsarbeitsdienst became compulsory also for young women. It lasted half a year. Many young women became 'Blitzmädel' (Wehrmachthelferin) during world war II. Wartime service The outbreak of war altered the role of the BDM, though not as radically as it did the role of the boys in the HJ, who were to be fed into the German Wehrmacht (armed forces) or the National Labor Service (Reichsarbeitsdienst, RAD, six months) as soon as they turned 18. The BDM helped the war effort in many ways. Younger girls collected donations of money, as well as goods such as clothing or old newspapers for the Winter Relief and other Nazi charitable organizations. Many groups, particularly BDM choirs and musical groups, visited wounded soldiers at hospitals or sent care packages to the front. In February 1933, Helmut joined the ''Jungvolk'', the junior branch of the Hitler Youth (Hitler Jugend). From March 1933, he acted as a youth platoon leader, or ''Jungzugführer'' (1 March 1933 – 1 April 1935) and flag-bearer, or ''Fähnleinführer'' (1 April 1935 – 9 November 1935) until he left the ''Jungvolk'' to prepare for his ''diploma (Abitur)'' examination. Hinchliffe 2003, pp. 8–11. Helmut passed his graduation examinations at the age of seventeen on 12 December 1935. On 2 February 1936, he began the eight-week compulsory National Labor Service (Reichsarbeitsdienst) (Reichsarbeitsdienst) at Mohrin. Hinchliffe 2003, pp.5–12. He joined the military service in the ''Luftwaffe'' as a ''Fahnenjunker'' on 1 April 1936, against the wishes of his father. Fraschka 1994, p. 186. Trapped in the pocket were the 12th (12th Infantry Division (Germany)), 30th, 32nd (32nd Infantry Division (Germany)), 123rd and 290th infantry divisions, as well as the SS-Division ''Totenkopf'' (SS Division Totenkopf). There were also RAD (Reichsarbeitsdienst), Police (Ordnungspolizei), Todt (Organisation Todt) organization and other auxiliary units who were trapped and assisted in the battle. In total, about 90,000 German troops and around 10,000 auxiliaries were trapped inside the pocket. Their commander was ''General der Infanterie'' Walter Graf von Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt (Walter von Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt), commander of the IInd Army Corps. As the military industry changed into higher gear before World War II several workers camps were set up in Schönkirchen for the various defence companies such as Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft, Feinmechanische Werke and other military suppliers. At the beginning these camps were inhabited by Reichsarbeitsdienst members but after the start of World War II increasingly foreign workers (Forced labor in Germany during World War II) (''Fremdarbeiter'') were placed in there. To defend nearby Kiel and its military industry some anti-aircraft units (Anti-aircraft warfare) were installed on the municipal territory. Nonetheless several airstrikes caused heavy civilian collateral damage in Schönkirchen, too.
Africa | Colonel Gaddafi: A maverick veteran publisher BBC News date 31 August 1999 accessdate 1 September 2011 In Sabha he was briefly a member of Scouting.
organisation, when Muammar Gaddafi was ruler of Libya, because of its non-political stance and because Gaddafi was briefly a Scout while growing up in the southern town of Sabha (Sabha, Libya). But in the Libyan civil war Scouts acted as front-line support troops for the anti-Gaddafi forces.
the final stop is also indicated line number to which it belongs. The busiest bus lines are: *Line "Q" (CBBA-QLLO) *Line "W" (CBBA-QLLO) *Line "3V" *Line "B" (Airport) *Line "X-10" *Line "36" *Line "1" *Line "30" *Line "13" *Line "Z-12" (CBBA-TIQUIPAYA) And the busiest taxi trufi lines are: *Taxi Trufi "110" *Taxi Trufi "260" (Cochabamba-Quillacollo Line) *Taxi Trufi "270
Professional Clinical Counseling, School Counseling, Career Development and Art Therapy. An online non-clinical MA in Adlerian Studies was added in Fall 2010. The school also offers certificate programs in Professional Life Coaching, and Parent Coaching, a Post-Master's Degree Diploma in Adlerian Psychotherapy and a Post-Master's Licensure Program. * Airlake Industrial Park in Lakeville, Minnesota * The "High Line" or alternately "Dan Patch Line"
and Nicollet, at the time the Richfield (Richfield, Minnesota)-Minneapolis (Minneapolis, Minnesota) border, as the starting point for the new railroad. Minneapolis' Nicollet streetcar line (Twin City Rapid Transit) ended at that spot, so passengers could easily transfer to the adjacent Dan Patch system. Its owners named their new firm the Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester and Dubuque Electric Traction Company, but no one used the full name. Instead, they preferred the nickname "Dan Patch Line
." Construction began in 1908, eventually reaching Northfield in late 1910. Olson, Russell L. (1976). ''The Electric Railways of Minnesota''. Minnesota Transportation Museum, Hopkins H. M. Smyth Co., St. Paul. Grading began on an extension to Faribault (Faribault, Minnesota) in 1911, but the company never secured an entrance into Faribault and abandoned the project. Route description State Highway 77 serves as a north–south route
from the present area of Hwy 100 and Hwy 55 to the edge of downtown Minneapolis (Minneapolis, Minnesota), and along that spur had connections to the Minneapolis and St. Louis Railway and Great Northern Railway (Great Northern Railway (U.S.)). In addition, the original passenger "High Line" ran from Auto Club Junction in Bloomington through Richfield and into south Minneapolis, ending just north of the current Crosstown (Minnesota State Highway 62 (east)) freeway. Much
Line" or alternately "Dan Patch Line" in Bloomington, Minnesota, Richfield, Minnesota, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, beginning at Auto Club Yard in Bloomington and serving a variety of industries * Northfield (Northfield, Minnesota) to Lakeville, leased CP Rail trackage * Northfield (Northfield, Minnesota) to Faribault, Minnesota, leased Union Pacific trackage * Northfield (Northfield, Minnesota) to Lakeville, leased CP Rail trackage
: www.straight.com article-224070 cambie-merchants-court-victory-linked-defendants-failure-mitigate-effects-canada-line "Ex-Cambie merchant's court victory linked to defendants' failure to mitigate effects of Canada Line" , ''Georgia Straight'', May 28, 2009. On the Canada Line opening day of August 17, 2009 Robertson said Greater Vancouver needed more rapid transit but the Canada Line was a "great start" and that he was a "Johnny-come-lately" to the project
1975-76 *Polyvalente Monseigneur-Richard (Verdun (Verdun, Quebec), now part of Montreal) *Ecole Secondaire Charlebois (Ottawa) *"The KLM line"—Soviet national ice hockey team (1980s)—Vladimir Krutov, Igor Larionov, Sergei Makarov; after the initials of the players' surnames; also known as "The Green Line" because they wore green jerseys in practice. *"Les Trois Denis"—Montreal Juniors (late 1970s) —Denis Cyr, Denis Tremblay, Denis Savard; A line that featured three players who all were named Denis, all were born on February 4, 1961, and all grew up in the same neighbourhood in Verdun, Quebec. Was dominant in the QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League) for a couple of years. http: www.legendsofhockey.net html spot_oneononep200002.htm *The Hanson Brothers—see "The Carlson Brothers" above. Early life He was born in Verdun (Verdun, Quebec), now part of Montreal, to a working class family. After graduating from the Université de Montréal, he studied at the University of Paris where he met Pierre Trudeau, with whom he co-founded the dissident political magazine ''Cité Libre'' upon returning to Montreal. Franchise history (1969-1997) The franchise was granted to the '''Sorel Eperviers''' (Black Hawks) for the 1969–70 season. They moved from Sorel (Sorel, Quebec) to Verdun (Verdun, Quebec) in 1977 to become the '''Verdun Eperviers'''. In 1979 they played in both Sorel and Verdun before moving back to Sorel for the next season. In 1981 they moved to Granby (Granby, Quebec) to become the '''Granby Bisons''', and in 1995 they changed their names to the '''Granby Prédateurs'''. In 1996, the Prédateurs won the Memorial Cup. In 1997 they moved to Sydney to become the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Prior to the Eagles' arrival, Sydney played host to the AHL's (American Hockey League) Cape Breton Oilers from 1988 to 1996. '''Verdun''' is a station (metro station) on the Green Line (Line 1 Green (Montreal Metro)) of the Montreal Metro rapid transit system (Rapid transit) operated by the Société de transport de Montréal (STM). It is located in the borough of Verdun (Verdun, Quebec) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada Verdun Station . The station opened on September 3, 1978, as part of the extension of the Green Line westward to Angrignon (Angrignon (Montreal Metro)). '''Verdun Collège Français''' were a junior ice hockey team from Verdun, Quebec. They were members of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League from 1991 to 1994. Collège Français resurrected the dormant Quebec Remparts franchise in 1985 after a three year hiatus, as '''Longueuil Collège Français'''. The team played in Longueuil, Quebec at Colisée Jean Béliveau for three seasons before moving to the Verdun Auditorium.
on to the Dos Amigos Pumping Plant. After Dos Amigos, the aqueduct flows about to the Buena Vista Pumping Plant. From the Buena Vista, it flows approximately