. Much of this land had been inhabited by native peoples with no formal title. In 1810, the Mexican War of Independence began, with Serafin Olarte leading local efforts. In 1813, the ports of Tecolutla and Nautla are taken by insurgents and used to bring in arms. In 1814, the insurgents were driven out by the royalist army under Juan Navajero. In 1824, the state of Veracruz was created and Tecolutla became a community under the jurisdiction of the Papantla province. In 1825, the commercial port was constructed, which was blocked by the French during the Pastry War in 1838. In 1847, the U.S. frigate, Gemanten, anchored itself in Tecolutla as part of the initial phases of the invasion of Mexico during the Mexican-American War. In 1857, sixty Italian families settled here as part of an agreement between the Mexican and Italian governments to promote immigration to Mexico. In 1866, Tecolutla was occupied by imperial forces under Maximilian (Maximilian I of Mexico) five days after they took Papantla. The municipality was created in 1879, combining the parishes of Tecolutla, De Cristo and Boca de Lima, and the community of Tecolutla was elevated to the status of town in 1882. In 1942, two ships, the Tuxpan and the Choapas, were torpedoed while in the port of Tecolutla. Major flooding of the Tecolutla in October 1999 cause widespread damage in the town, including washing away a number of homes and businesses.
Yrigoyen 's government. This company helped the society by improving the construction of houses, providing new jobs and health care. Engineer Enrique Mosconi was in charge of running the company. By 1933, 1,648 wells had been drilled in Comodoro Rivadavia; 88.9% of them were economically productive. left thumb The PCR petrochemical company, a leading local employer (File:Petro en km8.JPG) In 1935 the First Oil Law was passed. It established that the National and provincial States would receive as contribution the 12% of the Gross Product from all oil drilling, which is still in effect. In 1958, Law Number 14,773 was signed by President Arturo Frondizi, establishing that the Government had exclusive ownership over all oil fields. The most important oil fields discovered during the 60's were El Huemul and Piedra Clavada. At the beginning of the same decade twenty wells were drilled. Between 1977 and 1986, 100 million m³ oil were drilled from San Jorge gulf, in the meantime the oil reserves reached 40 million m³; in 1979 the San Jorge gulf production reached 10,124,022 m³ of oil. Until 2001, 5,300 wells were drilled, of which 3,000 were economically productive. As a result of the exploratory activities developed during the century, the remaining reserves reach 182.017 million m³ of oil. San Jorge gulf is the leader in oil extraction. 46,000 m³ per day are extracted in the zone, representing 46% of total crude oil production in the nation. Thanks to the oil sector, commercial activity was developed. A big number of foreign people, and from other provinces of Argentina, moved to the city to set up their shops. For this reason Comodoro Rivadavia is considered one of the cities with the highest rate of consumption. This has helped different businesses to develop. This progress is reflected in the downtown: there is a lot of commercial activity, different options in entertainment, restaurants and very busy four-star hotels. Geography of Comodoro Rivadavia thumb 500px Viteaux and Chenque Hills, the city's most distinctive geographic features (File:Antonio chenque.40.jpg) Comodoro Rivadavia is situated in the south of Argentina in the province of Chubut, on the coast of San Jorge Gulf. It was necessary to create a port in the area of San Jorge Gulf in order to have shorter routes for transporting products from and to the town of Sarmiento, situated 180 km away from the city of Comodoro Rivadavia. Information for Navigation '''Geographic location:''' Comodoro Rivadavia: Latitude 45° 51´ S; Longitude 67° 28´ W. Caleta Olivia: Latitude 45° 46´ S; Longitude 67° 22´ W. Caleta Córdova: Latitude 45° 43´ S; Longitude 67°31´ W. Time zone: GMT -3 '''Nautical information:''' Argentine map course: Part 2. Cartography S.H.N. Letters N ° 30.75 H314 and H310. Foundation and History of the Port thumb The Port Zone from Chenque Hill (File:Puerto desde el chenque.JPG) '''History of Comodoro Rivadavia Port''' Since 1908, the small and weak port Maciel received passengers and shipments that arrived at the city of Comodoro Rivadavia. It was built of wood and only could support small ships. Comodoro Rivadavia needed a port in order to transport and receive shipments especially to the north, because the sea was the only way to do that. The Engineer Enrique Ducos presented a project to gain land from the sea, between Coronel Restinga, situated 3 km away from the port, to the coast close to downtown, where shipsides would be built. In 1923, the construction of the port started and Engineer Ducos led the works, but he had to deal with a lot of troubles. The most important was the fact that the provincial government didn’t provide enough money to pay workers, so Ducos had to manage the construction with only one group of workers all the year long. In spite of having lots of obstacles, the dock was finished and it could finally be used for long passenger ships and battleships. This was very much celebrated by the people of Comodoro Rivadavia. A few years later, the port received around 100.000 people per year. They traveled to Bahía Blanca or Buenos Aires. On the other hand, the port allowed to transport near 200.000 tons of fruits and other kind of shipments. In 1926 the construction was stopped, but in 1928 it was resumed. The inhabitants of Comodoro Rivadavia held high hopes and saw the port as a necessary tool for the growth of the city. In 1934 Maciel Port was finally destroyed, but the construction of the new port had to deal again with lots of problems, because the national authorities did not send the necessary funds to support Ducos’s project. The role of the port in the tourism sector Besides being an attractive supply for the international trade and its privileged condition of head of Ocean to Ocean Corridor, it presents advantageous characteristics for the tourist activity. The Port of Comodoro Rivadavia is in excellent conditions to be inserted in the integrated circuits of worldwide cruises. The port facilities, activities and services are together with tourism essential benefits that contribute to promote a new marine awareness. Besides the port offers recreation and cultural activities. The reevaluation of the port has derived in an increase of tourist activities. Tourist guide offers, to the inhabitants and tourists, interpretative and explanatory information comprising different axes of information. '''Free trade zone''' The port project has been complemented with other productive possibilities. The free trade zone has been one of them. It is a special area, free of taxes, that has become an attractive location for productive projects which are focused on exportation. This subject has been discussed extensively by the local politicians since the last decade of 20th century. '''Diversified supplies''' The spectacular surroundings of the harbour, together with the geologic and morphologic characteristics of the area, extensive beaches and ample landscape, invite people to develop outdoor activities. Among these attractive activities we can mention: fishing, beach sports, landyachting, sailing, navigation with oar, surfing, speedboat racing and water-skiing. Tourism is gradually becoming a productive sector. In that respect, a planning of natural and cultural sustainable development of all resources has been elaborated. The port was inserted in that plan as patrimony of the region. Port Facilities Comodoro Rivadavia’s port is the most complete port of Patagonia. The transportation of regional commodities, is the most important activity connected with the ocean to ocean corrirdor. National Route 3 (National Route 3 (Argentina)) runs along the east coast and the National Road Number 26 connects the city with Chile, to the West. This becomes an important communication line connectig east and west, or the Atlantic with the Pacific Ocean and it is made mostly by paved roads. The ocean to ocean corridor is fundamental for commerce, tourism and passengers circulation. It joins, in less than 600 km and a few hours of traveling, Chacabuco Port in the Pacific Ocean with the Comodoro Rivadavia Port in the Atlantic Ocean. There is a border pass called “Hito 50” or Paso Huemules (480 meters above sea level) which can be used all year round because it is not affected by the winter snow, due to its lower position. This route has an enormous relevance because it links communities, integrates and projects two countries promoting the regional growth. The port has a shipyard in a privileged area. The shipyard has two parallel industrial facilities of 70 meters long and 4 meters wide. This allows the repair and building of ships in a roofed space without the weather affecting the activity. The shipyard has three travelling cranes of 8 tons each. Works made in the shipyard include the building of eolic mill towers and oil buoys. '''The port facilities include:''' • The principal Port situated near the downtown. Its extreme point called Punta Borja, was designed to receive ships up to 181 meters length and 10 meters depth. The port has a pier of 216 meters long, which was built to meet the demand of the transportation of commodities, deep-sea fishing and naval repairs. • Caleta Cordova's low tide pier is located in the north of Comodoro Rivadavia city, over the coast of Caleta Cordova’s neighborhood. This pier meets the demand of artisan fishing. • Repsol-YPF's pier, located in the south of General Mosconi neighbourhood, is used for unloading fuel. The total fuel unloaded is over 29,000 liters per month. • Caleta Olivares's facilities are used to load crude oil. It has four mooring buoys and one bell buoy. The depth of this area is 9 meters. • Caleta Cordova's facilities for loading crude oil include one charge buoy and four mooring buoys. These facilities located . *Chubut (Chubut Province) **Comodoro Rivadavia (General Enrique Mosconi International Airport) CRD '''(main hub)''' x8 **Puerto Madryn (El Tehuelche Airport) PMY x1 '''Gimnasia y Esgrima (Gimnasia y Esgrima de Comodoro Rivadavia)''' Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut (Chubut Province) Estadio Socios Fundadores '''Lanús (Club Atlético Lanús#Basketball)''' Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut (Chubut Province) Microestadio Antonio Rotili * Autódromo Parque Ciudad de Río Cuarto, Río Cuarto, Córdoba * Automóvil Club Comodorio Rivadavia, Comodoro Rivadavia, Patagonia * Autódromo Aldea Romana de Bahía Blanca, Bahía Blanca, Buenos Aires Awarded a contract to build a 1,600 km (1,000 mi) gas pipeline from Comodoro Rivadavia to Buenos Aires in 1949 by President Juan Perón, Techint became a leading government contractor during Perón's ambitious infrastructure program. Establishing subsidiaries in Brazil (1947), Chile (1951), and Mexico (1954), the company opened its first seamless steel tube plant in Campana (Campana, Buenos Aires), in 1954; in 1969, Techint's Ensenada (Ensenada, Buenos Aires) plant became the only Argentine manufacturer of cold rolled steel. DATE OF BIRTH 1981-12-23 PLACE OF BIRTH Comodoro Rivadavia , Argentina DATE OF DEATH In the city of Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut (Chubut Province), there is a neighbourhood (General Mosconi neighbourhood) which was named after the engineer. Following the signing of the Communications Agreement, on 3 July 1971 the Argentine Air Force broke the islands' airways isolation by opening an air route with an amphibious flight from Comodoro Rivadavia with Grumman HU-16B Albatross (HU-16 Albatross) aircraft operated by LADE, Argentina's military airline. In 1972, after an Argentine request, the United Kingdom agreed to allow Argentina to construct a temporary air strip near Stanley. On 15 November 1972 a temporary runway was inaugurated with the first arrival of a Fokker F-27 with subsequent flights arriving twice weekly. Flights were improved in 1978 with Fokker F-28 jets following the completion of a permanent runway funded by the British Government. This service, representing the only connection by air to the islands, was maintained until the 1982 war. H.Cámara de Diputados de la Nación. Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. 25 August 2006 ''Grumman HU-16B Albatross''. Asociación Tripulantes de Transporte Aéreo. Argentine Air Force ''Fokker F-27 Troopship Friendship''. Asociación Tripulantes de Transporte Aéreo. Argentine Air Force. Argentina celebrates '''Immigrant's Day''' on September 4 since 1949, by a decree of the Executive Branch. The National Immigrant's Festival is celebrated in Oberá, Misiones (Misiones Province), during the first fortnight of September, since 1980. There are other celebrations of ethnic diversity throughout the country, such as the National Meeting and Festival of the Communities (Encuentro y Fiesta Nacional de Colectividades (Rosario, Argentina)) in Rosario (typically at the beginning of November). Many cities and towns in Argentina also feature monuments and memorials dedicated to immigration. There are also Immigrant's Festivals (or Collectivities Festivals) throughout the country, for example: Bariloche, Berisso, Esperanza (Esperanza, Santa Fe), Venado Tuerto, and Comodoro Rivadavia have their own Immigrant's festivals. These festivals tend to be local, and they are not advertised or promoted nationally like the festivals in Rosario and Oberá *8XXX Buenos Aires Province South, Río Negro, Neuquén (EG: B8000 Bahía Blanca, R8400 Bariloche, R8500 Viedma, Q8300 Neuquén). *9XXX Chubut, Santa Cruz and Tierra del Fuego (EG: U9000 Comodoro Rivadavia, U9200 Esquel, V9410 Ushuaia, Z9400 Río Gallegos). In 1971, the Argentine Air Force broke the islands' isolation starting with amphibious flights from Comodoro Rivadavia with Grumman HU-16B Albatross (HU-16 Albatross) aircraft operated by LADE, Argentina's military airline. In 1973, the United Kingdom signed a Communications Agreement with Argentina to fund an airstrip on the islands. Flights took place again from Comodoro Rivadavia, this time with Fokker F-28 aircraft. This service was maintained until 1982 representing the only connection to the islands. At first, these flights landed at a temporary airstrip at Hookers Point at the east end of Port Stanley where the runway was constructed of Pierced Runway Planking (Marsden Matting). This situation continued until 1978, when a storm tore up large areas of the runway, rendering it unusable. By this time however a permanent solution was in hand and on 1 May 1979 a new airport was opened at Cape Pembroke by Vivian Fuchs Sir Vivian Fuchs with a 4000 foot paved runway. It immediately became home to FIGAS with its Islanders (Britten-Norman Islander) and Beavers (de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver). The Falkland Islands Government Air Service (FIGAS) operates internal flights within the Falkland Islands from the airport. The British Antarctic Survey also uses the airport. Stanley Airport is used by internal flights and provides connections to British bases in Antarctica. A temporary airstrip predating Stanley Airport was opened by the Argentine Air Force on November 15, 1972 (previously, international flights were by seaplane from Comodoro Rivadavia). In 2003 Argentine president Néstor Kirchner ended all flights from Argentina to the Falklands Islands and since then most flights to the Falklands come from Punta Arenas (Punta Arenas, Chile) in Chile. LAN Airlines provide these weekly flights to RAF Mount Pleasant from Carlos Ibanez Del Campo International Airport in Punta Arenas. History of discovery From 1985 onwards the ''Laboratorio de Paleovertebrados'' of the Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia "San Juan Bosco" (UNPSJB) organised excavations in the late Cenomanian (Cenomanian)-early Turonian (Turonian)-age Bajo Barreal Formation of the San Jorge Basin, northern Chubut (Chubut Province), Patagonia. At Buen Pasto near Comodoro Rivadavia a partial juvenile (juvenile (organism)) skeleton lacking the skull, was found. **Ushuaia - Ushuaia – Malvinas Argentinas International Airport (Via Puerto Montt-Punta Arenas) **Comodoro Rivadavia - General Enrique Mosconi International Airport (Via Balmaceda) **Neuquén - Presidente Perón International Airport (Via Temuco) * '''SAVB''' (EHL) – El Bolsón Airport – El Bolsón (El Bolsón, Río Negro), Río Negro Province * '''SAVC''' (CRD) – General Enrique Mosconi Airport – Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut Province * '''SAVD''' (EMX) – El Maitén Airport – El Maitén, Chubut Province Transport The 220 kilometers separating Calafate from El Chaltén on the other side of the Lake Argentino in the national park are paved, as well as the 315 kilometres to Río Gallegos. Other distances are: to Bariloche 1400 km ; to Esquel 1108 km (mostly dirt road); Comodoro Rivadavia 959 km; Puerto Madryn 1388 km; Buenos Aires 2727 km; Ushuaia 863 km and in Chile Puerto Natales 362 km and Punta Arenas 605 km.
province. On his arrival in Shiraz, the entire province was in total chaos. His first task was to prevent the spread of a famine. He carried this out by organising Iran's first agricultural cooperative. To ensure his acceptance by the people of Shiraz he took a wife, Fatimeh Khanoum, from one of the leading local families. He also raised an all-Iranian regiment to restore security and order to the province with the help of British (Great Britain) General Sykes who referred
of national festivals, Carnival, life during the World War II and artifacts from the country’s earliest settlers, the Amerindians. There are also displays by leading local and international artists. The museum was established in 1892 and was originally called the Royal Victoria Institute, as it was built as part of the preparation for Queen Victoria’s jubilee. The National Museum has two smaller branch museums; Fort San Andres which is located on South Quay, opposite City Gate and The Trinidad
and Governor, and organized by two young American expatriates, the festival drew nearly 10,000 people and top-tier musical acts from St. Petersburg (Akvarium and DDT (DDT (band))) and Seattle (Supersuckers, Goodness (Goodness (band))), as well as several leading local bands. Parks and squares Parks
(Kenya and Tanzania) Luo music forms. Mugithi is another popular genre in Kenya, with its origins in the central parts of the country. A majority of music videos of leading local musicians are also filmed in the city. In the 1970s, Nairobi became the prominent centre for music in the African Great Lakes. During this period, Nairobi was established as a hub of soukous music. This genre was originally developed in Kinshasa and Brazzaville. After the political climate in the region deteriorated (Congo Crisis), many Congolese artists relocated to Nairobi. Artists such as Orchestra Super Mazembe (Super Mazembe) moved from Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo) to Nairobi and found great success. Wikipedia:Nairobi Dmoz:Regional Africa Kenya Localities Nairobi Commons:Category:Nairobi
Weymouth Drive and Winchester Drive. A few are named after Scottish placenames, including Grandtully Drive and Fortingall Avenue. In 2007 Bryant Homes controversially removed a large number of trees from a local lane to provide better access to a new housing development. The actor Robert Carlyle and leading local personality, Gay Waugh were among those who protested against the felling. In July 2009 a suspected arson attack caused considerable damage to the site. One
Carlyle and leading local personality, Gay Waugh were among those who protested against the felling. In July 2009 a suspected arson attack caused considerable damage to the site. One partially constructed four story housing block burnt to the ground and the only occupied building on the site was evacuated, Waugh was among those arrested and subsequently released without charge in connection with the incident.
to build a church for the expanding town. A leading local architect called Matthew Ellison Hadfield designed St Marie’s, based on a 14th century church at Heckington in Lincolnshire. The church was expensively decorated with the aid of generous donations from the Duke of Norfolk, his mother and parishioners. Fr. Pratt died while the church was being built and was buried at St. Bede’s. However, a stonemason, who had often heard him say he wanted
Commons:Category:Dubai Wikipedia:Dubai Dmoz:Regional Middle East United Arab Emirates Dubai