Places Known For

international musical


Ponta Grossa

directions phone tollfree fax hours November-December price content The largest festival in the state, drawing around 100,000 visitors annually for 10 days of national and international musical acts, German bands, food court and rides, and loads of draft beer. Buy *


Vanadzor

, Armenian rock-musician and singer *Vic Darchinyan, Armenian professional boxer, three-division world champion *Roman Mitichyan, Armenian-American professional mixed martial artist, actor and stuntman *Nareh Arghamanyan, Armenian pianist, winner of the 2008 Montreal International Musical Competition International relations thumb Vanadzor city hall (File:Vanadzor city hall, Armenia.jpg)


Ithaca, New York

Embassy to the USA , a bar and restaurant that frequently features local, national and international musical talent. Since 1991, the Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance has taken place each July at the village fairgrounds and is hosted by nationally popular Trumansburg-based band Donna the Buffalo. The village is also located along the Cayuga Wine Trail and is close to Taughannock Falls. The village is located on the Trumansburg Creek


Vienna

directed by Polanski himself. It won six International musical awards, at the International Musical Award Germany (IMAGE 1998), in Düsseldorf. Wikipedia:Vienna Commons:Category:Vienna


Pittsburgh

as historic sites and buildings. - Eclecticism During various periods of creative work, Legrand became a conductor for orchestras in St. Petersburg (St. Petersburg, Florida), Vancouver, Montreal, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Denver. He recorded more than one hundred albums with international musical stars (spanning the genres of jazz, variety, and classical) and worked with such diverse musicians as Phil Woods, Ray Charles, Claude Nougaro, Perry Como


White House

accessdate 2010-12-13 date December 10, 2010 title Tigertones Sing at White House author Mitchell, Amanda In early 1872 the group performed at the World's Peace Jubilee and International Musical Festival in Boston, and they were invited to perform for President Ulysses S. Grant (Ulysses S. Grant) at the White House in March of that year. They gave a separate performance in Washington, D.C., for Vice President Schuyler Colfax and members of the U.S. Congress. They traveled next to New York, where they performed before enthusiastic audiences at preacher Henry Ward Beecher’s Plymouth Church in Brooklyn and at Steinway Hall in Manhattan. They garnered national attention and generous donations. Staying in the New York area for six weeks, by the time they returned to Nashville, they had raised the full $20,000 White had promised the university. Brooks, Tim 2004 * The song was very popular with troops on both sides of the American Civil War. * It was a particular favorite of President Abraham Lincoln and his wife, who requested it in an 1862 performance at the White House by opera singer Adelina Patti. *Needlework (Sampler (needlework)) portraits of a house with the phrase "Home Sweet Home" have long been an icon. As a Lady of the Bedchamber, she is one of the Queen's senior Ladies-in-Waiting, and attends the Queen on major occasions and overseas tours. In May 2007, she accompanied Queen Elizabeth II (Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom) on her trip to the United States to commemorate the 400th anniversary of England's first American settlement at Jamestown, Virginia. On 7 May 2007, she attended a state dinner at the White House, hosted by President George W. Bush and Mrs. Bush (Laura Bush). During World War II, the Fed pledged to keep the interest rate on Treasury bills fixed at 0.375 percent. It continued to support government borrowing after the war ended, despite the fact that the Consumer Price Index rose 14% in 1947 and 8% in 1948, and the economy was in recession. President Harry S. Truman in 1948 replaced then Chairman of the Federal Reserve Marriner Eccles with Thomas B. McCabe for opposing this policy, although Eccles's term on the board would continue for three more years. The reluctance of the Fed to continue monetizing (monetization) the deficit became so great that in 1951, President Truman invited the entire Federal Open Market Committee to the White House to resolve their differences. William McChesney Martin, then Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, was the principal mediator. Three weeks later, he was named Chairman of the Fed, replacing McCabe. In 1933 Mayor Angelo Rossi, Governor and former Mayor "Sunny Jim" James Rolph, the Easter Sunrise Service Committee, and the Native Sons of the Golden West pledged to construct a permanent cross to commemorate the early California pioneers. The WikiPedia:White House, Tennessee Dmoz:Regional North_America United_States Tennessee Localities W White_House


Switzerland

an international composition competition, he was awarded a grant from the Basel Boys Choir of Switzerland to compose a major work for an international celebration of youth choirs. The work featured the German (German language) text of the poet Hanns Dieter Hüsch and continues to be performed throughout that country. In December 2003, he became a member of the international musical quartet Il Divo along with Urs Bühler

program "Dollhouse" on U92 (DWFM) in Metro Manila, together with co-host Vicky Hererra. In December 2003, he became a member of the international musical quartet ''Il Divo'' along with Urs Bühler (Switzerland), Sébastien Izambard (Sebastien Izambard) (France), and David Miller (David Miller (singer)) (USA). * "Sweet Talk" (1979) * "First Time (First Time (Robin Beck song))" (1988) West Germany #1, UK #1, Austria


Vancouver

, Canada Anything you need, just ask! Eclecticism During various periods of creative work, Legrand became a conductor for orchestras in St. Petersburg (St. Petersburg, Florida), Vancouver, Montreal, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Denver. He recorded more than one hundred albums with international musical stars (spanning the genres of jazz, variety, and classical) and worked with such diverse musicians as Phil Woods, Ray Charles, Claude Nougaro, Perry Como


Boston

Arlington Avenue, and in Lexington (Lexington,_Massachusetts) it follows the former Main Street south of the Battle Green. That same year, when he was only 19, Jones was a violinist among the thousands of instrumentalists and singers who played at the World's Peace Jubilee and International Musical Festival in Boston, organized by bandmaster Patrick Gilmore. One of the special invited guests was the Viennese composer, Johann Strauss Jr, who performed some of his popular waltzes. The '''Old Colony Railroad''' (O.C.R.R.) was a major railroad system, mainly covering southeastern Massachusetts and parts of Rhode Island. It operated from 1845 to 1893. Old Colony trains ran from Boston to points such as Plymouth (Plymouth, Massachusetts), Fall River, New Bedford, Newport (Newport, Rhode Island), Providence (Providence, Rhode Island), Fitchburg (Fitchburg, Massachusetts), Lowell (Lowell, Massachusetts) and Cape Cod. For many years the Old Colony Railroad Company also operated steamboat and ferry lines, including those of the Fall River Line with express train service from Boston to its wharf in Fall River where passengers boarded luxury liners to New York City. The company also briefly operated a railroad line on Martha's Vineyard, as well as the freight-only Union Freight Railroad in Boston. The Old Colony Railroad was named after the ''"Old Colony"'', the nickname for the Plymouth Colony. The '''Old Colony Railroad''' (O.C.R.R.) was a major railroad system, mainly covering southeastern Massachusetts and parts of Rhode Island. It operated from 1845 to 1893. Old Colony trains ran from Boston to points such as Plymouth (Plymouth, Massachusetts), Fall River, New Bedford, Newport (Newport, Rhode Island), Providence (Providence, Rhode Island), Fitchburg (Fitchburg, Massachusetts), Lowell (Lowell, Massachusetts) and Cape Cod. For many years the Old Colony Railroad Company also operated steamboat and ferry lines, including those of the Fall River Line with express train service from Boston to its wharf in Fall River where passengers boarded luxury liners to New York City. The company also briefly operated a railroad line on Martha's Vineyard, as well as the freight-only Union Freight Railroad in Boston. The Old Colony Railroad was named after the ''"Old Colony"'', the nickname for the Plymouth Colony. The '''Old Colony Railroad''' (O.C.R.R.) was a major railroad system, mainly covering southeastern Massachusetts and parts of Rhode Island. It operated from 1845 to 1893. Old Colony trains ran from Boston to points such as Plymouth (Plymouth, Massachusetts), Fall River, New Bedford, Newport (Newport, Rhode Island), Providence (Providence, Rhode Island), Fitchburg (Fitchburg, Massachusetts), Lowell (Lowell, Massachusetts) and Cape Cod. For many years the Old Colony Railroad Company also operated steamboat and ferry lines, including those of the Fall River Line with express train service from Boston to its wharf in Fall River where passengers boarded luxury liners to New York City. The company also briefly operated a railroad line on Martha's Vineyard, as well as the freight-only Union Freight Railroad in Boston. The Old Colony Railroad was named after the ''"Old Colony"'', the nickname for the Plymouth Colony. Passenger service on the New Haven Railroad's (New Haven Railroad) ''Old Colony Division'' ended in 1959, except for the main line (Northeast Corridor) between Boston and Providence, which continues to be used for passenger service by Amtrak and the MBTA. Since 1997, other former Old Colony lines have been reopened to passenger service, including the MBTA's ''Old Colony Lines (Old Colony Lines (MBTA))'' with service from Boston to Plymouth (Plymouth, Massachusetts) and Middleborough Lakeville. In 2007 MBTA passenger service was also restored on the Greenbush Line between Braintree (Braintree, Massachusetts) and Greenbush Station in Scituate (Scituate, Massachusetts). The MBTA currently has plans to also restore passenger service to Fall River and New Bedford as part of its proposed South Coast Rail project. Passenger service on the New Haven Railroad's (New Haven Railroad) ''Old Colony Division'' ended in 1959, except for the main line (Northeast Corridor) between Boston and Providence, which continues to be used for passenger service by Amtrak and the MBTA. Since 1997, other former Old Colony lines have been reopened to passenger service, including the MBTA's ''Old Colony Lines (Old Colony Lines (MBTA))'' with service from Boston to Plymouth (Plymouth, Massachusetts) and Middleborough Lakeville. In 2007 MBTA passenger service was also restored on the Greenbush Line between Braintree (Braintree, Massachusetts) and Greenbush Station in Scituate (Scituate, Massachusetts). The MBTA currently has plans to also restore passenger service to Fall River and New Bedford as part of its proposed South Coast Rail project. Old Colony Railroad (1844–1854) By the early 1840s, the city of Boston had six major rail lines connecting it with other places including Lowell (Lowell, Massachusetts), Maine, Fitchburg, and Salem (Salem, Massachusetts) to the north, Worcester (Worcester, Massachusetts) to the west and Providence, Rhode Island to the southwest. The southeastern part of Massachusetts had yet to be served by a rail link to Boston. On March 16, 1844 the ''Old Colony Railroad Corporation'' was formed to provide a rail connection between Boston and Plymouth, Massachusetts. Construction of the line began in South Boston (South Boston, Massachusetts) in June 1844 and the 36.8 mile line opened to Plymouth on November 10, 1845. The extension from South Boston to the newly-completed Kneeland Street in Boston opened on June 19, 1847. Kneeland Street Station also served as the headquarters for the O.C.R.R. until the 1893 consolitation. By 1851, traffic on the line had increased enough to warrant the opening of a second track running between Boston and South Braintree. The Fall River Railroad (Fall River Railroad (1846)) had been formed on August 8, 1845 with consolidation of three companies; the Fall River Branch Railroad, the Randolph and Bridgewater Railroad and the Middleborough Railroad. The Fall River Railroad (Fall River Railroad (1846)) was led by Richard Borden, a prominent mill owner in Fall River who wanted a direct route from his city to Boston, which did not require use of the Boston and Providence Railroad lines. The line from South Braintree to Myricks (Myricks, Massachusetts) in the town of Berkley (Berkley, Massachusetts) opened on December 16, 1846 as an extension of the Fall River Branch Railroad which had been completed in 1845. On May 19, 1847, the first "boat train" left the Old Colony's Kneeland Street Station in Boston bound for Fall River where passengers would board a steamship for New York City. Over the years, the "Old Colony Steamboat Express" train would become the most famous line of the Old Colony Railroad, with the finest and most up-to-date engines, cars and attention to detail. In 1865, the Old Colony and Newport Railway Company acquired the Dighton and Somerset Railroad, and completed a new, more direct route between Fall River and Boston via South Braintree on September 24, 1866. Part of the new route was over the Easton Branch Railroad between Stoughton (Stoughton, Massachusetts) and North Easton (North Easton, Massachusetts). In 1871 the Old Colony purchased the Easton Branch. The 1872 merger formed a system with three main branches; Boston to Plymouth (Plymouth, Massachusetts), South Braintree (South Braintree, Massachusetts) to Fall River, extending to Newport, Rhode Island and a third splitting from the Newport branch at Middleborough (Middleborough, Massachusetts) to Hyannis (Hyannis, Massachusetts). At this point, the newly acquired lines became known as the "Cape Cod Division", with a new superintendent's office located at Hyannis. Several days later, on April 7, 1888 the OCRR signed a 99 year lease on the Boston and Providence Railroad, one of New England's earliest railroads, which had been chartered in Massachusetts in 1831 and began service between Providence (Providence, Rhode Island) and Boston in 1835. This major agreement gave the Old Colony Railroad operating rights on the busy double-tracked main line between the two capital cities, along with other branches to Dedham (Dedham, Massachusetts) and Stoughton (Stoughton, Massachusetts). The deal also included use of the Boston and Providence Railroad's (Boston and Providence Railroad) Park Square Station in Boston. Since the early 1970s, Amtrak has provided passenger service from South Station in Boston over the former Boston and Providence (Boston and Providence Railroad) lines of the Old Colony Railroad. Since December, 2000, Amtrak has also used this line for the Acela Express high-speed passenger rail service to Washington, D.C.. Between 1986 and 1996 Amtrak also operated regular passenger service between New York City and Hyannis on Cape Cod during the summer months. Cape Cod Rails rowspan 14 '''Plymouth Line''' (Central Division) Boston to Plymouth (Plymouth, Massachusetts) November 10, 1845 * 65.90.42.* Anyone care to do a reverse DNS on this subnet. Klonimus (User:Klonimus) 02:38, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC) * The 65.90.42.xx map to Boston, Massachusetts. --ElTyrant (User:ElTyrant) 02:43, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC) * 65.90.42.* Anyone care to do a reverse DNS on this subnet. Klonimus (User:Klonimus) 02:38, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC) * The 65.90.42.xx map to Boston, Massachusetts. --ElTyrant (User:ElTyrant) 02:43, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC) On 1 April 1953, she departed the New England coast for the Pacific and a return to combat in the Far East. Arriving in Japan in early May, she operated with the fast carrier force, TF 77, until June, then joined the UN Blockade and Escort Force, TF 95. With the signing of the truce 27 July, ''Preston'' got underway for Newport and, steaming via Suez, completed the round-the-world cruise, at Boston, in October. Overhaul followed and between May and September 1954 she operated with HUK (Hunter Killer) units of the Atlantic Fleet (U.S. Atlantic Fleet). In 1955 another Mediterranean deployment was followed by antisubmarine warfare (ASW) exercises and on 15 March 1956, she cleared Narragansett Bay and headed back to the west coast. ABC had a curious history in Rhode Island prior to WTEV's sign-on. In the earliest years of television in Providence, all three networks were shoehorned on primary NBC affiliate WJAR-TV (channel 10), at that time the market's only TV station. WNET launched on channel 16 in 1953 as an ABC affiliate. However, it was forced off the air in 1956 due to the difficulties faced by UHF startups at the time. Since television manufacturers weren't required to include UHF tuning capability on TV sets, viewers needed an expensive converter (or an all-channel set, the latter being very rare at the time) to watch WNET, and the picture was marginal at best even with one. For the seven years prior to channel 6's sign-on, WJAR and CBS affiliate WPRO-TV (channel 12, now WPRI-TV) aired ABC programming, sometimes pre-empting their primary network but usually airing ABC shows on a delayed basis in off-hours. However, much of Rhode Island could get the full ABC schedule from Boston stations—WHDH-TV (WHDH-TV (defunct)) (channel 5, now occupied by WCVB-TV) prior to January 1, 1961, and WNAC-TV (channel 7, now WHDH (WHDH (TV))) from 1961 to 1963. Due to its coverage area overlapping with Boston's ABC affiliate WCVB, the two stations share resources for coverage of southeastern Massachusetts. Along with ABC News, WLNE is also a CNN affiliate. 53 align left Trolleybus version of the D800 D800B. Notable operators of the E800 were the MBTA (Boston, Massachusetts) and Muni (San Francisco Municipal Railway) (San Francisco, California). The E800A was delivered only to the Hamilton Street Railway (Hamilton, Ontario). 100px (Image:MBTA Flyer E800 4029.jpg) History WWLP began broadcasting on March 17, 1953 one month before rival WGGB-TV. The station aired an analog signal on UHF channel 61 and was an NBC affiliate from the start. At its sign-on, the channel had the distinction of being one of the first UHF television stations in the United States after the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) opened the UHF band as well as Massachusetts' oldest station outside of Boston. It was founded by William L. Putnam and his company, Springfield Television. WWLP's original studios were at the transmitter site in Feeding Hills. country commons:Boston


Moscow

street, just opposite the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour (Cathedral of Christ the Saviour (Moscow)). The International musical festival ''Svyatoslav Richter's December nights'' has been held in the Pushkin museum since 1981. Russia thumb The town of Reutov (File:moscow reutov.jpg) is separated from the city of Moscow just by the MKAD highway The pre-bankruptcy corporate incarnation of Iridium built eleven gateways


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017