Places Known For

international de


Victoriaville

House 29 April 2012 Many festivals are held throughout the year including the Week-end En Blues series of concerts, the Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville (FIMAV) in the spring, and the Exposition Agricole in the summer. Investment in the industrial park has buoyed the town and spurred new residential and commercial development. It is the home of a prominent Lactantia (Parmalat Canada) dairy factory, two shopping malls ("La Grande Place des Bois

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, and The Norman Conquest (The Norman Conquest (musician)). They toured Europe in April 2008 and performed at the 25th Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville in Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada in May 2008. ref

Cutler In December 1983 Skeleton Crew performed at the 1st Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville in Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada. '''Centre-du-Québec''' ( , ''Central Quebec'') is a region of Quebec, Canada. The main centres are Drummondville, Victoriaville and Bécancour (Bécancour, Quebec). It has a land area of 6,928.78 km² (2,675.22 sq mi) and a Statistics Canada 2006 census


Óc Eo

, Kolkata, Punthi Pustak, 1998, p.413. Scholarship has now determined that Ptolemy's Kattigara was at eight and a half degrees North of the Equator, and was the forerunner of Saigon as the main port and entrepot at the mouth of the Mekong. Albert Herrmann, “Der Magnus Sinus und Cattigara nach Ptolemaeus”, ''Comptes Rendus du 15me Congrès International de Géographie,'' Amsterdam, 1938, Leiden, Brill, 1938, tome II, sect. IV, ''Géographie Historique et Histoire de la Géographie

the southeastern point. The Sinus Magnus, or Great Gulf, was the actual Gulf of Thailand. Albert Herrmann, “Der Magnus Sinus und Cattigara nach Ptolemaeus”, ''Comptes Rendus du 15me Congrès International de Géographie, Amsterdam, 1938,'' Leiden, Brill, 1938, tome II, sect. IV, ''Géographie Historique et Histoire de la Géographie,'' pp. 123-8 Christopher Columbus, on his fourth and last voyage of 1502–1503, planned to follow the coast of Champa southward around the Cape

was seeking”. Letter dated 7 July 1503; quoted in J.M. Cohen (ed.), ''The Four Voyages of Christopher Columbus,'' Harmondsworth, Penguin, 1969, p.287. References *Albert Herrmann, “Der Magnus Sinus und Cattigara nach Ptolemaeus”, ''Comptes Rendus du 15me Congrès International de Géographie'', Amsterdam, 1938, Leiden, Brill, 1938, tome II, sect. IV, Géographie Historique


Gafsa

governorates of Tunisia. It is situated in central Tunisia, bordering Algeria. Cities * El Guettar * El Ksar * Gafsa * Mdhila * Métlaoui * Moularès * Redeyef * Sened Other destinations * As-Sanad * Biadha * Bou Omrane * Om Al Arais * Sidi Boubaker * Sidi Mansour Understand Talk Get in By plane * '''Gafsa''', Ksar International Airport Aéroport international de Gafsa-Ksar * '''Tozeur-Nefta''', Tozeur–Nefta International Airport Aéroport International de Tozeur–Nefta


Rimouski

Titanic Titanic '' tragedy. Culture Rimouski has an active cultural life, being the host of the festivals like Festi Jazz International (Festi Jazz International de Rimouski) since 1982, the Grandes fêtes du St-Laurent, a familial musical event taking place the first week-end of July and an international films festival, the Carrousel international du film de Rimouski. In November, the town is the host of the yearly Salon du Livre de Rimouski, the oldest event of the kind

-Laurent region in eastern Quebec at the mouth of the St. Lawrence River. Its population was 4,240 in 2002, the year it merged with Rimouski. '''Festi Jazz International de Rimouski''' is a jazz festival taking place each year WikiPedia:Rimouski commons:Rimouski


Old Montreal

All&CSDFilter 5000 2006 Canadian Census: Ethnocultural Portrait of Canada Highlights Tables: Brossard, Quebec Montreal also has a small Chinatown (Chinatown, Montreal) sandwiched in between Old Montreal, the Quartier international (Quartier international de Montréal) and downtown (Downtown Montreal). ''The Golden Square Mile'' came into its own around 1850. The Anglophone Captains of industry started to look beyond Old Montreal, building new homes

The '''Palais des congrès de Montréal''' is a convention center located in the Quartier international de Montréal at the north end of Old Montreal in Montreal's borough of Ville-Marie (Ville-Marie, Montreal). left thumb Bonaventure Station in the 1870s (Image:Bonaventure Station.png) A main thoroughfare passing through Old Montreal, the street was first opened in 1672. The portion between McGill Street and place Saint Henri was originally called Bonaventure Street (''rue Saint-Bonaventure''). This name has passed down to Place Bonaventure, Bonaventure Expressway (Quebec Autoroute 10), and Bonaventure metro station (Bonaventure (Montreal Metro)), despite the disappearance of their original referents. Bourque proved eccentric and sometimes controversial as mayor. Known as a greenspace aficionado, he supported the creation of parks, implemented tree-planting initiatives, as well as creating Eco-Centres (reusable materials) and Eco-Quartier program (recycling). He was also responsible for the revitalization of many important districts of Montreal (Saint Catherine Street, Old Montreal and the Multimedia City) as well as the reopening of the Lachine Canal. The five-storey '''Montreal City Hall''' (French: ''Hôtel de Ville de Montréal'') is the work of architects Henri-Maurice Perrault and Alexander Cowper Hutchison, and was built between 1872 and 1878 in the Second Empire (Second Empire (architecture)) style. It is located in Old Montreal, between Place Jacques-Cartier and the Champ de Mars (Champ de Mars, Montreal), at 275 Notre-Dame Street East. The closest metro station is Champ-de-Mars (Champ-de-Mars (Montreal Metro)). The street itself extends from the Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel on Saint Paul Street (Rue Saint-Paul (Montreal)) in Old Montreal to the bank of the Rivière des Prairies at the north end of the island. It is designated Route 335 (Quebec Route 335) from Sherbrooke Street to the Metropolitan Expressway (Quebec Autoroute 40), and is known as Bonsecours Street south of Saint Antoine Street. Along its length, it passes through the boroughs (Boroughs of Montreal) of Ville-Marie, Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie, Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension, and Ahuntsic-Cartierville. thumb left New York Life Insurance Building in the late Nineteenth or early Twentieth Century. (File:NYLI Bldg 4.jpg) Montreal's '''New York Life Insurance Building''' (also known as the '''Quebec Bank Building''') was erected in 1887-1889. Located at Place d'Armes in what is now known as Old Montreal, it was the tallest commercial building in Montreal at the time. The first eight floors were designed for retail office space, though were quickly rented by the city's best lawyers and financiers. As such, when the clock tower was completed, the 9th and 10th floors were occupied by the largest legal library in the entire country, a gift to the tenants from the owner. thumb right The Molson Bank building on Saint Jacques Street (Image:Old Montreal 44.png) in Old Montreal. The '''Molson Bank Building''' was built at the corner of St. Peter and St. James streets (now rue Saint-Pierre and rue Saint-Jacques (Saint-Jacques Street)) in Old Montreal as the headquarters of the Molson Bank in 1866 by order of founder William Molson (1793-1875). It was the first building in Montreal to be built in the Second Empire (Second Empire (architecture)) style. Rue Saint-Jacques, Old Montreal Web Site thumb View from Notre-Dame Street. (Image:Palais moderne Montreal.jpg) The '''Palais de justice de Montréal''' at 1 Notre-Dame Street East in Montreal, Quebec, Canada was completed in 1971. Though located in the Old Montreal historic district, it is a modernist (Modern architecture) structure, featuring the outdoor sculpture ''Allegrocube.'' The black metal and granite building is adjacent to the Champ de Mars (Champ de Mars, Montreal) square. It was designed by Montreal architects Pierre Boulva and Jacques David (Jacques David (architect)), whose other prominent Montreal projects included 500 Place D'Armes, Théâtre Maisonneuve (Place des Arts), the Dow Planetarium and the Place-des-Arts (Place-des-Arts (Montreal Metro)), Atwater (Atwater (Montreal Metro)) and Lucien-L'Allier (Lucien-L'Allier (Montreal Metro)) metro stations. Stretching for over two kilometres along the St-Lawrence River in Old Montreal, the '''Old Port Of Montreal''' has been the social, economic and cultural soul of Montreal ever since early French (France) fur traders used it as a trading post in 1611. It was here that the city and the port came to life more than 350 years ago. History At the Immaculate Conception Centre, a circus school begins to attract young artists interested in theatrical acrobatics. A real passion for all circus arts develops, training expands. Programming evolves as students of various backgrounds come together, united by a firm intention to become true circus artists. Very soon the Immaculate Conception Centre can no longer contain the rapid growth of the National Circus School (NCS). In 1989 the School moved to the Dalhousie station facilities in Old Montreal. The only institution to offer professional circus teaching in North America, the NCS has become one of the world's major circus schools.


Saint-Marc

commons:Category:Saint-Marc, Haiti


Huamantla

death_place Huamantla, Tlaxcala, Mexico occupation Army Captain, Texas Ranger Death On October 9, 1847, Walker was killed in Huamantla, in Tlaxcala, while leading his troops in the Battle of Huamantla during the Mexican–American War. - Huamantla Tlaxcala 247 (Area Code 247 (Mexico)) -


Trollhättan

, many details had been altered: brakes, ventilation system, grille and parking lights. Prototypes were shown at both the ''Salon International de l'Auto'' (Geneva) and New York International Auto Show. In Geneva a car was available for test driving. '''Nohab Flygmotorfabriker AB''' was founded in Trollhättan, Sweden, in 1930 to produce aircraft engines for the Swedish Board of Aviation. As the name of the company indicates it was a subsidiary to NOHAB. In 1937


Trois-Rivières

) is the common name for the linguistic features of basilectal Quebec French that are associated with the French-speaking working class in Montreal which has become a symbol of national identity for a large number of artists from that area. Speakers of Quebec French from outside Montreal usually have other names to identify their speech, such as Magoua in Trois-Rivières, and Chaouin south of Trois-Rivières. Linguists tend to eschew this term, but historically some have reserved the term ''joual'' for the variant of Quebec French spoken in Montreal. Gilles Lefebvre, «Faut-il miser sur le joual?» ''Le Devoir'' 1965, 30 octobre; «L'étude de la culture: la linguistique.» ''Recherche sociographiques'' 3:1-2.233-249, 1962; Henri Wittmann, 1973. «Le


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017