Places Known For

eclectic


Cegléd

in Bratislava, where Kossuth made a famous speech from, and which is today standing next to the Calvinist church of Cegléd. The city hall is constructed in an eclectic (Eclecticism in art) style, reflecting the taste of the early 20th century. The Lutheran church is built in neogothic style, while the Catholic Church (Roman Catholic Church) (Church of the Blessing of the Holy Cross) is a classicist one. Cegléd has five secondary schools: József Bem (Józef Bem) Polytechnic Vocational

built by the Cegléd Craftsmen's Union in eclectic style (Eclecticism in art). The centre has a theater, where many acting companies have played. Cegléd also has its own acting company and acting school named after the famous actress Irma Patkós, who lived in Cegléd. The centre gives place to the Cegléd Gallery, where mainly photos and paintings of local artists can be seen. The town features the annual Drum and Percussion Gala, which is a jazz event, as well as numerous jazz concerts

-planed roof and a small rounded dome and prominent corner. It was erected in 1891-93 in eclectic style. The Town Hall was designed by two architects Budapest. *


Sopron

* Esterházy Palace (baroque) * Eggenberg House * City Hall (eclectic, 1895) * Storno House (renaissance) * Fabricius House * "Two Moors" House (18th century baroque) * Chemist's Museum (15th–16th century. The house was pronounced the first national monument in Hungary by Louis II of Hungary in 1525.) * Lábasház (16th–17th century) * Gambrinus House (Old city hall) * Taródi Castle (István Taródi built the castle by himself. He started the building operations in 1945, when he was 20

of the tower is a double-headed eagle, that was a gift from King Ferdinánd II and Queen Eleonóra for the parliamentary session and queen's coronation, both held in Sopron in 1622. *

(early romantic, 1849), #17-18. (Romantic, circa 1860), #19 (Romantic 1856 Designed by Handler Nándor), #20 (Romantic, 1855) * *


Durango, Durango

Architecture Durango's architecture is characterized by its eclectic nature, with elements resembling Barcelona, Florence, Paris and Madrid. Spanish and French influences increased after the declaration of independence at the beginning of the 19th century, though the academic style persisted until the first decades of the 20th century. The city was built on a rectangular street grid during the colonial era; during much of the post-independence period until the mid-20th

such as Applebee's, Subway (Subway (restaurant)), Italian Coffee Company, and Musashi. Paseo Durango also includes a movie theatre, and offers banking services, and various recreational activities. The main market of the city is the eclectic '''Mercado de Abastos Francisco Villa''' located on the Southern-Central portion of the city which houses candy shops, Mesoamerican pottery, jewelry, haberdasheries, and it is the city's largest supplier of whole-sale produce, dairy, and meats


Santa Clara, Cuba

a corner of Teatro La Caridad is visible. File:TrenSC.jpg Train Station a gift from Marta Abreu to the city. File:Marta Abreu train station across Martyrs Park in Santa Clara, Cuba - 2010.JPG Marta Abreu train station across Martyrs Park in Santa Clara, Cuba. At the center the truncated pillar monument dedicated to the Marty's of the Colonial Independence War. Photo from 2010 File:5 Vidal-Santa-Clara.jpg Vidal Park in Santa Clara's downtown. File:6 Boulevard-Santa-Clara.jpg Eclectic

Marti Library. File:4_Gente_flores_y_sombrillas.jpg People hanging around flower vendors in Parque Vidal File:5_Casa_de_cultura_y_CMHW.jpg Historic eclectic buildings serving as Cultural Centre and Radio Station in Parque Vidal File:Che Guevara Image on a Hill, Santa Clara.jpg Image of Che Guevara on a hill in south-east of the city File:Santa Clara de noche.jpg Night vision of Santa Clara from the top of "Santa Clara Libre" hotel Transport File:Santa Clara

still serves for public concerts. The entire surrounding elements conformed by eclectic, neo classic and colonial buildings as well as the many monuments erected during different historic periods elevated the Park to a category of National Monument in a ceremony in 1998. This first


Encarnación de Díaz

. Another was called “Claro oscuro” consisting of photographs of cemeteries in Mexico.(museomun) thumb Jesús, María y José Sanctuary (File:JesusMariaJoseParishEncarnacion.jpg) The '''Jesús, María y José Sanctuary''' was built between 1865 and 1881 to fulfill a promise made by Father Juan C. Parga. The structure is an eclectic mix of styles with Neogothic dominating. The facade has two towers similar to those of the Guadalajara Cathedral. The main portal has two levels with pilasters

newspaper EFE News Service location Madrid date August 27, 2010 The '''Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe Church''' was never finished since construction was begun in 1867. It is an eclectic design favored in the Porfirio Díaz era covered in vaults and the tallest cupola in the municipality. Metal filigreedecorates the architrave and transparent glass is found on the apse. Despite its relative newness, the sacristy is filled with a large collection of colonial era religious paintings


Kőszeg

around 1930 in neo eclectic style. * Museums thumb Kőszeg - Jurisics Castle (File: Kőszeg - Jurisics Castle.jpg) *

of family and house. The Black Saracen Pharmacy worked here since 1665. Matthias Herpius found this pharmacy. Built in the early Baroque style in the early 17th century. Substantially rebuilt in classicist style in the beginning of the 19th century. Slightly modified, extended towards the yard at the end of the 19th century in eclectic style. *

between Nov. 1944 and jan 1945 * *


Northeast, Minneapolis

after the first permanent bridge across the Mississippi River (at the same site), also a suspension bridge. The stretch of Central Avenue between 18th Avenue and 27th Avenue is more mixed in its redevelopment. Since 2000, several major new mixed-use developments have been made (and more are in development), and many new restaurants, mostly featuring foreign cuisines, have joined an already eclectic mix. Specialty food markets are also a major feature of the area, including major Latin


Balatonfüred

Hermina udvar url http: www.muemlekem.hu muemlek?id 9701 email address Blaha Lujza utca 7 lat 46.95536 long 17.89390 directions phone fax hours price content The Yard is a protected monument. Built in eclectic-style *

directions phone +36 87 950-876 hours Tu-Su 10:00–18:00 price Adult HUF1000, combined ticket HUF2500 (to Jókai Memorial House, and the Municipal Museum and Vaszary Vila. Valid for 3 days). content the summer home of Mór Jókai who was a great Hungarian novelist of the 19th century. Eclectic style. Now the Literary Memorial Museum is here with a constant exhibition showing the life of the greatest tale-teller of Hungary and the way he lived here, in Balatonfüred. *

address Hősök tere 1. lat 46.96997 long 17.89543 directions Arács village northern part phone hours price content Built by Ferenc Széchenyi, in 1792, in baroque style. Around 1871 was transformed and decorated with eclectic elements. - Now here is the Horticulture Technical School *


Debrecen

in 1910 in eclectic style. This is a Byzantine structure of modernized Moor form, emphasized also by the large dome emerging from its wider environment. * *

Megyei Bíróság, Debreceni Törvényszék url http: hbmbirosag.hu Main Hajdu.html email birosag@debrecenit.birosag.hu address Széchenyi u. 9 Simonffy u. 10. lat 47.5281 long 21.6220 directions Center - phone +36 52 526-710 tollfree fax +36 52 347-139 image Megyei Bíróság, Debrecen 1.jpg hours W 8:00-15:00; M-Tu, Th-F 9:00-11:00 price content Eclectic style. Built in 1890-1896. Designed by Gyula Wagner *

directions phone tollfree fax image Pénzügyi Palota.jpg hours price content Designed by John Bobula. Built in eclectic style, 1912-1914 *


Szolnok

Adults: 300 Ft, Students soldiers retired: 150 Ft, Children under 6: Free (Further reductions available) content The synagogue was built in 1898–99 by Lipót Baumhorn in late Eclectic style and functioned as the Jewish house of prayer until the 1940s. The building was bought and reconstructed by the city in the 1960s, since 1972 it is the city gallery. It offers seasonal exhibitions. *

in Eclectic style on the place where Lajos Kossuth performed one of his famous military recruiting speeches on 27 Sep 1848. *


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017