Places Known For

classical style'

Pushkin, Saint Petersburg

from the fire of 1820 and was reconstructed by the architect Vasily Stasov. He also designed several buildings in classical style, namely the Manezh, Stable Building and Grand Orangery. Between 1811 and 1843 a wing of the Catherine Palace hosted the Tsarskoye Selo Lyceum where Aleksandr Pushkin studied between 1811 and 1817. Several historical objects were created in those decades including the iron Egyptian gates (:ru:Египетские ворота) by Adam Menelaws. Category:Cities and towns under jurisdiction of Saint Petersburg Category:Tsarskoselsky Uyezd Category:Populated places established in 1710 Category:Alexander Pushkin Category:1710 establishments in Russia - Pushkin (Pushkin, Saint Petersburg) Пушкин Saint Petersburg - *Petrozavodsk – tsar Peter the Great (Peter I of Russia) *Pushkin (Pushkin, Saint Petersburg) – Aleksandr Pushkin *Saint Petersburg – St. Peter, as the patron saint of Peter the Great (Peter I of Russia) (Saint Petersburg, Florida in the United States was in turn named after the Russian city)


, advance booking is not required. English translation can be had for an extra price; book at least one week in advance for this. On weekends, tours are conducted every half an hour, rendering the narrow passages of the Tower very congested. :The vicinity of the Tower is a mishmash of gleaming renovated buildings and somewhat decrepit older structures. The '''Transfiguration Cathedral''', a bright-yellow Classical-style edifice built in 1824-1830 and rebuilt in the 2000s, boasts a fine faience

on the northeastern shore near the village of Shayduriha (Шайдуриха) : '''Get in:''' by car only. Drive local roads via Shayduriha or take P352 and turn right toward the lake. * '''Shurala''' — a village 6km south of Nevyansk. Formerly an industrial town, it now boasts the bulky Classical-style '''Alexander Nevsky Cathedral''' (early 20th century) and a number of gold mines in the surrounding area. : '''Get in:''' via local trains to Ekaterinburg, take off at the "419 km" station


. The Aeolian harp is a small stone pavilion in the classical style, constructed by the brothers Bernardacci in 1828. Diana's grotto was built in 1830, in honor of the first ascent of Mount Elbrus. Pyatigorsk is well known in the Caucasus region for its excellent restaurants and nightlife, as well as for its extremely large marketplace. A major thoroughfare is known to locals as "Broadway", which runs through the center of the city, and on which most of the best restaurants, nightclubs, and attractions are located. Broadway is also a popular spot for people watching. The influence of the Caucasus region is felt here most noticeably in the music and cuisine, which incorporate aspects of many former Soviet republics such as Armenia. Pyatigorsk features prominently in Jonathan Littell's 2009 novel, ''The Kindly Ones'' (The Kindly Ones (Littell novel)). Honors Asteroid 2192 Pyatigoriya discovered in 1972 by Soviet (Soviet Union) astronomer Tamara Smirnova (Tamara Mikhaylovna Smirnova) is named after the city. was a Soviet Russian chess Grandmaster (International Grandmaster) in both over-the-board and correspondence chess, an International Arbiter, trainer, and chess author. Bondarevsky shared the 1940 Soviet title, and later coached (Coach (sport)) World Champion Boris Spassky.

Stari Grad, Croatia

Stirling, Alberta

every year with new fish for fishing. Corner of 7th Street and 4th Avenue. *Centennial Park (Centennial Park (Stirling)), community park with swimming pool,play grounds, a tennis court, basketball courts, reunion center, a senior citizen's center, baseball diamonds and a campground. *Prairie Cactus Mini Putts, a privately owned miniature golf course, open by request. Corner of 1st Street and 7th Avenue. *William T. Ogden House, a Neo-Classical (Neoclassical architecture) style house that is declared as a Provincial historic site of Alberta (List of provincial historic sites of Alberta) located in Stirling. Every year around Halloween the owners of the home decorate the is an east–west highway in southern Alberta, Canada. In the west, Highway 61 starts at Highway 4 (Alberta Highway 4) north of the Village of Stirling (Stirling, Alberta) and ends at Highway 889 (Alberta Highway 889) east of the Hamlet of Manyberries (Manyberries, Alberta). It is part of the Red Coat Trail, a historical route north of the Canada–US border. The Red Coat Trail continues to Saskatchewan via Highway 889 and Highway 501 (Alberta Highway 501).

Baddeck, Nova Scotia

of Canada and co-designer of Ottawa's first Parliament buildings. The Victoria County Court House, constructed in 1889, is designed in a classical revival style. Saint Peter's and Saint John's Anglican Church—constructed in 1883—is a notable as an example of the Cambridge Camden Society's neo-gothic style, and for being constructed by Reverend Simon Gibbons, Canada's first Inuit priest. St. Mark's Masonic Lodge was built in 1898, in a neo-classical style featuring Masonic

Kostroma Oblast

on radial- concentric grid of streets that converge on a large semi-circular central area, in the open side of the Volga. The end of the 18th, and first half of the 19th century is rightly considered the time of the rise in cultural development (architecture, painting, literature), not only of Kostroma, but of other county-level cities such as: Galic, Nerekhta and Soligalich. Architectural ensembles in the classical style still adorn the centers of these cities. There were widespread noble

Nutana, Saskatoon

HeritageConservation HeritageProperties Pages ThirteenthStTerrace(RowHousing).aspx accessdate 2010-01-21 * Arrand Block (1912) – Neo-Classical style apartment block built by cousins Richard and Walter Arrand, noted Saskatoon contractors. Designated a municipal heritage property on April 10, 1989.


The market is positioned between Iron Bridge and City Hall.It is tangent with Andrei Saguna st. and named after the businessman and philanthropist Joseph Constantin Drăgan. The imposing structure of the market is the Greek Catholic Cathedral, built in classical style between 1843 to 1854. Each year the Lugoj Day is celebrated on December 20 , recalling that in December 1989 Lugoj was the second free city in Romania. *

Baker City, Oregon

publisher Baker School District accessdate 2012-03-19 Baker Middle School was designed by Ellis F. Lawrence and completed in 1917. It is constructed from local tuff and is a stripped classical style. As of 2011 the building was unoccupied and was on the Most Endangered Places in Oregon list of the Historic Preservation League of Oregon. *Cooley House, Lewis and Clark College, Portland

Copyright (C) 2015-2017
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017