and cattle farms in the area, hiking and witnessing what remains of the impact of Germans immigrants in Nicaragua. If you like mountain hiking, bird watching, horseback riding, ecotourism, agritourism, Indian Villages, Coffee Farms tours, mountain scenery for photographs, temperate climate, polkas and Mazurcas music, and history, Matagalpa may be the place to visit. Matagalpa is located in the highlands that make the water shed division of the Caribbean and Pacific rivers, it was called "
of Central European settlers when gold was discovered in the 1850s. That is the reason that one sees people of lighter complexion than in Managua, Granada or Leon. Life is more like in the old days, so it is nice to get pictures of ox carts, cowboys, and loaded mules. Nowadays it is the so-called "Production Center" of coffee, cattle, flowers, and vegetables, as well as an ecotourism center. Get around Once outside the Airport, to get to the city of Matagalpa you take Carretera Norte
to the parishioners. Saint Peter´s Cathedral is the major building of the city, it was built by the Jesuit fathers starting in 1874, and finished in 1895. In the Bishop´s Palace (Calle de los Bancos), there is a small Chapel called "El Ateneo", there is a big 5x 10 feet famous oil painting named Sagrada Familia, it is believed to be painted by Bartolomeo Murillo, a classical Spanish painter of the year 1640`s. It showes Virgin Mary, Saint Joseph, Saint Ignatius Loyola and Saint Louis Gonzaga. Pay
than typical plums, but are very tasty. They can be safely eaten off the tree. In folk language they are jokingly called "diarrhea-plums" as eating large amounts at once can cause diarrhea. *'''The "egg" in front of the Kraszna Áruház''', There used to be a big swamp south of Mátészalka called "the Ecsedi Láp" which was drained. This statue commemorates it with various reptiles and amphibians climbing up the egg-shaped rock on which a huge eagle sits. *'''Various
. Respect It's best to avoid conversations about politics, both Hungarian and international, and if some local brings the topic up himself herself maintain a neutral point of view. Political jokes and stereotipizations about the USA, the EU, Jews, Roma, and the surrounding countries are common, don't be offended. The local Roma, as in everywhere else in Hungary wishes to be called "Roma" and not "Cigány", the traditional Hungarian word for them. Jokes about being devotedly
. Mátészalka is a good starting place for day-trips to '''Romania and Ukraine'''. '''Visit Tákos and Csaroda''' two small villages to the east. Tákos has an interesting reformed church from the 18th century called "The barefoot Notre Dame" and Csaroda has a very old church from the Middle Ages. Carefully inspect the old wooden furniture of the church, there are carvings in the wood made by 19th century vandals! '''Visit the Old Swamp of Bátorliget''' south of Mátészalka, near
Category:Municipalities of Oaxaca Category:Populated places in Oaxaca Category:Mexican potters Category:Mexican art In the central valleys of Oaxaca, the Zapotec villages often have a specific craft associated with them. In those villages, most of the people of that village will be makers of that particular product. In San Bartolo Coyotepec, they are known for their black pottery. San Martín Tilcajete people are known for their carved and brightly painted wooden figures. thumb right Alebrijes at the Pochote Market in Oaxaca, México (File:Alebrijes in Oaxaca, Mexico 2009.jpg) Pottery has a long tradition that extends far back into the pre-Hispanic period. Oaxaca shares many pottery types with other parts of Mexico along with two of its own tradition: barro negro (barro negro pottery) and the green glazed pottery of Atzompa. The first is centered in the town of San Bartolo Coyotepec near the capital city. This pottery gets its color from the local clay used
). This was the synagogue called "Shaf we-Yatib," to which there are several references dating from the third and fourth centuries (R. H. 24b; Avodah Zarah 43b; Niddah 13a), and which Abaye asserts (Meg. 29a) was the seat of the Shekhinah in Babylonia. The Aaronic (Kohen) portion of the Jewish population of Nehardea was said to be descended from the slaves of Pashur ben Immer (Pashhur), the contemporary of King Jehoiachin (Kiddushin (Nashim) 70b). Mention by Josephus
as "Rabbanu Nehemiah," and he and his brother "Rabbeinu 'Ukban" (Mar 'Ukban II) are several times mentioned in the Talmud as sons of Rab's daughter (hence Huna II was Rab's son-in-law) and members of the house of the exilarchs Hullin 92a; Bava Batra 51b . Retinue of the exilarch The scholars who formed part of the retinue of the exilarch were called "scholars of the house of the exilarch" (''"rabbanan di-be resh galuta"''). A remark of Samuel (Samuel of Nehardea), the head of the school of Nehardea, shows that they wore certain badges on their garments to indicate their position (Shabbat (Shabbat (Talmud)) 58a). Once a woman came to Nahman ben Jacob, complaining that the exilarch and the scholars of his court sat at the festival in a stolen booth Sukkah 31a , the material for it having been taken from her. There are many anecdotes of the annoyances and indignities the scholars had to suffer at the hands of the exilarchs' servants Gittin 67b, the case of Amram the Pious; Avodah Zarah 38b, of Hiyya of Parwa; Shabbat 121b, of Abba ben Marta .
as their saviour until 1571. The analysis indicates that during the Livonian War a pro-independence wing emerged among the Livonian gentry and townspeople, forming the so-called "Peace Party ". Dismissing hostilities, these forces perceived an agreement with Muscovy as a chance to escape the atrocities of war and avoid the division of Livonia. That is why Magnus, who represented Denmark and later struck a deal with Ivan the Terrible, proved a suitable figurehead
about any strong pro-Swedish sentiments among the residents of Reval. The citizens who had fled to The Bishopric of Dorpat or had been deported to Muscovy hailed Magnus as their saviour until 1571. The analysis indicates that during the Livonian War a pro-independence wing emerged among the Livonian gentry and townspeople, forming the so-called "Peace Party ". Dismissing hostilities, these forces perceived an agreement with Muscovy as a chance to escape
and townspeople, forming the so-called " ". Dismissing hostilities, these forces perceived an agreement with Muscovy as a chance to escape the atrocities of war and avoid the division of Livonia. That is why Magnus, who represented Denmark and later struck a deal with Ivan the Terrible, proved a suitable figurehead for this faction. Livonian Order Title: Grand Master of Livonia (Grand Master (order)) (1237–1561) Rulers over
called "Okada", and the more recent arrival on Ilorin's roads, "Keke NAPEP", imported commercial tricycles given on loan to beneficiaries in the National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP KEKE MARUWA) introduced by the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo. Compared to other cities and state capitals in Nigeria, transport fares in Ilorin are cheap. While taxis charge range between N50 to N100 per drop, a ride on the okada ranges depending on the distance
with friendly environment generally called "Home of Peace" hence host different religious practice and training institutions. Located on the city's GRA, the degree-awarding United Missionary Theological College (affiliated with the University of Ibadan) produces many church ministers, teachers and theologians of all denominations, the College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies in Adeta Area trains Muslims in various Islamic, Arabic and social science disciplines. Alfa Alimi's Mosque and residence is said to have been built in 1831. It was the first Juma'at Mosque in Ilorin. The city also present a range of tourist attractions such as the imposing Sobi Hill, said to have offered protection to natives during inter-tribal wars in ancient times. The Okuta Ilorin is located in Asaju's compound, Idi-Ape Quarters. It is the stone on which Ojo Isekuse, one of the founders of the city, used to sharpen his metal tools. It was actually called "Okuta ilo irin" (meaning stone for sharpening metals), and Ilorin is said to have derived its name from there. The stone was a deified object of worship and sacrifice offerings in the past. Pottery is big business in Ilorin. The city boasts the biggest traditional pottery workshops in Nigeria. They are located in Dada area of Okelele, Eletu in Oju Ekun, Okekura, Oloje, Abe Emi and Ita Merin. Also thriving is the traditional textile industry. In various parts of the city, Aso-Oke, the wonderful textiles and hand-woven on simple looms are made in large quantities. Aso-Oke is patronized by traders and fashion designers from Kwara State, other parts of Nigeria and from abroad. The cultural center houses the Kwara State Council for Arts and Culture, its performing troupe, and a gallery with artistic objects and antiquities. Souvenirs of cultural and historical values are also available. Ilorin has a creation park formerly Amusement Park, now renamed Metropolitan Park is located on Unity Road, next to Guaranty Trust Bank. The Kwara State Stadium Complex has an Olympic-sized swimming pool with facility for diving among others. The only purpose-built baseball park in Nigeria is located in the Adewole area of the city. The National Commission for Museum and Monuments has one of its centers in Ilorin, with interesting cultural and ethnographic objects from Nigeria's many cultures. The Esie Museum is of major note. Christianity in Ilorin The city has a host of ancient and modern Churches and very large congregations such as the holy order of Cherubim and Seraphim churches, Anglican, Methodist, Celestial Church of Christ, Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA), Catholic, Seventh day Adventist and Protestant populations of the Christian faith. Most Christian Churches in the state started schools and most of the innovative and positive ideas introduced through the church schools were readily adopted by the Muslim schools, once they saw the advantages that were to be derived from them. on one of the several mountains adjoining the eastern flanks of the Oke-Ila Ridge, a part of the Yoruba Hills. Òkè-Ìlá Òràngún is about 120 miles (190 km) directly west of the confluence (Confluence (geography)) of the Rivers Niger and Benue at Lokoja and about 28 miles (45 km) northeast of Osogbo the capital of Osun State. It is about 150 miles (240 km) northeast of Lagos with Ibadan at about midway between. It is about 100 miles (160 km) southeast of the ancient city of Oyo (Oyo-Ile or Old Oyo) and about 80 miles (130 km) east of modern Oyo (Oyo, Nigeria) (Ago d'Oyo). It is 40 miles (65 km) northeast of the ancient city of Ile-Ife (Ife), about 60 miles (95 km) southeast of the ancient Yoruba city of Ilorin and about 120 miles (190 km) northwest of Benin City (more correctly Bini or Ibini) capital of the Benin (Benin City) Edo Empire. The Park takes its name from Oyo-lle (Old Oyo), the ancient political capital of Oyo Empire of the Yoruba people, and contains the ruins of this city. Oyo Ile was destroyed in the late 18th century by Ilorin and Hausa (Hausa people) Fulani (Fula people) warriors at the culmination of the rebellion of Afonja, commander of Oyo Empire's provincial army for which he allied himself with Hausa Fulani muslim jihadists. Stanbrook was born in Willesden, North London, the son of a laundry manager within the family business, the Sunlight Laundry. He was educated at Willesden High School, leaving at age 15, and became a legal assistant at Wembley Council (Metropolitan Borough of Wembley), while taking a part-time degree in economics and law at Birkbeck College (Birkbeck, University of London), University of London. He qualified as a pilot in 1943 and served with the RAF between 1943 and 1946. He completed postgraduate study at Pembroke College, Oxford then left for Nigeria in 1950 where he worked for ten years in the Colonial Service as District Officer in various regions of Northern and Western Nigeria, including Ilorin, Western Region (Western Region, Nigeria). On his return, he was called to the bar at Inner Temple in 1960 and practised criminal law, and was also was a night lawyer for the ''Daily Express''.
Dez river having 12 spans built by the order of Shapur I (Shapur I of Persia). This is the same bridge that was called "Andamesh Bridge" by historians such as Istakhri who says the city of Andimeshk takes its name from this bridge. Muqaddasi called it "The City of the Bridge." * Shushtar, Home to the famous Shushtar Watermills and one of the oldest fortress cities in Iran, known as the "City of Forty Elders" in local dialect. In and around
, Dariush, Sattar, Mansour, Leila Forouhar, Aref, Firoozeh and many more. Ghomayshi wrote his first song, called "Ghayeghran" ("Boatman") for Zia when he was 13. Although initially considered a composer, in the latter years of the Pahlavi regime (before the 1979 Islamic Revolution) he released his first album, and has since continued his work as a singer, composer, arranger, and lyricist. In 1972 he released his first album, Farangis, in Iran. He lived in Iran until the age of 25
, November 2nd, 2009 and was organisator of the International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust. "Iranische Holocaust-Konferenz „Unser Präsident meint es nur gut“", 17. Februar 2006 He is also an Iranian political analyst, and the head of a self-made group called "Nuclei of Sacrificers for Velayat". He was student in Germany and in those years
is an older, respected member of the community, who acts as a master of ceremonies, asking guests to enjoy the food and beverages prepared for the occasion. Guelaguetza is celebrated each year in July, with food drink and dance. Las Posadas are celebrated in December with a local style of atole called "champurrado." Carnaval (Carnival) is a two-day celebration here, celebrated at the house of a "
and the evening concludes with a dance and amusement rides. Holy Week celebrations here are a mixture of Christian and pagan elements. Holy Tuesday is celebrated at home with family and friends. The traditional drink for this day is called "tejate" and is prepared by a designated man and either his mother or his wife. The traditional meal s fish with white beans, with a sweet called "maja blanca" made from ground rice, milk, cinnamon and sugar
of the name of the town. One version says that the name has its origins in the word "szeglet" (meaning "corner") because of its being a junction point of many important routes, while another one argues that the name is originated from a proper name (Noun), i. e. from the name of a man called "Cegléd" or close to it. Nevertheless, the most possible explanation may be the one according to which the name of the town takes its origins from the word "cigle", which
and light industry were made priorities, and after the fall of the regime, these features started to decline, and many of the inhabitants moved to bigger towns. Today, however, the town seems to have refound itself on the base of tourism and its thermal water. Geography Cegléd is situated between the Duna and Tisza rivers, north of Kiskunság, at the western part of the Great Hungarian Plain. Due to its location, it is often called "the gate of the Great Plain"
channels, Cegléd TV is backed by the local authority, while Club TV is a commercial one. There is also a popular local radio channel called "Rádió 88". As for the printed media (Publishing), Cegléd has a weekly local paper called Kék Újság (Blue Newspaper), as well as a newly founded magazine, Ceglédi Panoráma (Panorama of Cegléd). A periodical cultural review also appears, under the name "Gerjepart" (Bank of the Gerje). Transport The main road number 4 passes Cegléd
city in the state of Rio Grande do Sul. The demonym of the citizens of Caxias do Sul is ''Caxiense''. History The history of Caxias do Sul starts before the arrival of the Italians, when the region was being roamed by cattlemen and occupied by Indians (Indigenous peoples in Brazil). Back then, the region was called "Indians' Field". The Italian immigrants' occupation, mostly farmers from the Veneto region (northern Italy), started taking place in 1875 in Nova
factories, which are known internationally. Nowadays, Caxias do Sul is an important city, and due to its industrious colonists, is home to vast vineyards, wineries, a varied industrial park, and a rich and dynamic market. Those attributes grant the land great importance; for such reason Caxias do Sul is often called "Pearl of the Colonies", is considered the center of the Italian presence in Southern Brazil. Giron, pp. 12-13 Machado, Maria Abel & Herédia, Vania Beatriz Merlotti. "Associação dos Comerciantes: Uma Forma de Organização dos Imigrantes Europeus nas Colônias Agrícolas no Sul do Brasil". In ''Scripta Nova. Revista Electrónica de Geografía y Ciencias Sociales''. Universidad de Barcelona. Nº 94 (28), 1 de agosto de 2001, pp. 77-80 Ribeiro, Cleodes M. P. J. ''Festa e Identidade: Como se fez a Festa da Uva''. Caxias do Sul: UCS, 2002. pp. 137-144. Today Caxias do Sul is one of the region's central hubs, hotsting some of Brazil's most diverse economies besides its size; with its industrial parks, vast vineyards, wine commerce, cattle and plantation farms give the land a further dimension. Population growth The following table shows the development of the number of inhabitants according to census data of IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics) Wikipedia:Caxias do Sul Commons:Category:Caxias do Sul