Gelemso

of the Amharic Weekly Newspaper called ''Addis Admass''. For full citation, visit this website The administrative center of Habro woreda in the Mirab (West) Hararghe (Mirab Hararghe Zone) Zone of the Oromia Regional State, it has a latitude and longitude of . Gelemso is the origin of a variety of khat called by the same name (Gelemso). It is also a scene of an Amharic novel known as Akel Dama

; called by his followers Aw Seid, and by the Oromos with his given name ''Usso'' after he was made ''ilma gossa'' or ''the adopted son'' of the Warra Qallu clan of the Ittu Oromo . As ''galma'' usually refers to the worship house under the traditional (Waqefanna ) religion of the Oromos, we may wonder why the mosque was called so. The Oromo elders explain the case as follows. The Ittu Oromo Mohammed Hassen: ''Menelik’s Conquest

of southern Ethiopia, he traveled as far as Gelemso to know the ancient links of the ''Hadiya'' with other people. His book is an advisable work to read It was in latter periods that his followers who believed in his sainthood added a prefix ''Aw'' to his name, in the manner of the Harari (Harari people) and the Somali (Somali people) who call their saints and national heroes so. (''Aw'' meaning father in Harari language, and male saints are usually called with this title.).<


Colima City

; The historic center of the city is a square called Jardín Libertad (Liberty Garden). It consists of a kiosk

; The best known hotel of the city is Hotel Cevallos, located just off the main square called Jardín Libertad behind a set of arches. The hotel was begun by the Cevallos family. Hotel Cevallos has an area under and in front of the arches for outdoor dining. Here and in other restaurants in the city, one can try popular dishes such as atole with milk, white pozole, white menudo (menudo (soup)), tatamado, pipián mole (mole (sauce)), birria

and sopes. On the side of the Hotel, there is pedestrian street called Andador Constitución. It retains


Comala

architecture Gothic style iron benches created by Alejandro Rangel Hidalgo. Just off the square on two opposing sides, there are arcades which contain businesses. These businesses sell local products and restaurants serves local cuisine. This includes a dish called tatemado, which is pork in a thick sauce made with guajillo chili peppers, as well as pozole and white menudo (soup

. The drink has been given a certification of the name so that products called “ponche de Comala” must be from the area, similar to tequila. Ramon Salazar Salazar was one of the pioneers in the making of ponche, and his son Ramiro Salazar Trujillo is still involved into the craft. Ponche has been made in at least fourteen different flavors with the most traditional being pomegranate, coconut and nuts such as pistachio and almond. Other common flavors include coffee, peanut, tamarind, blackberry

, plum, and rompope. The drink has a relatively low alcohol content and is drunk as an aperitif cold or at room temperature. Another beverage is called bate, which is a type of atole served with an ice made with sugar cane. ref name


Boca del Río, Veracruz

in the Codex Mendoza as part of the district of Cuetlachtlan. However, the Aztecs had been active here for sometime before that. In 1518, Juan de Grijalva came to the area with his crew and named the river “Río de las Banderas” because they saw indigenous peoples communicating across the river with flags. In the same year, the first Christian rites where performed at a chapel called Nuestra Señora de Santa Ana. In 1879, the localities of Hacienda de Santa Maria Punta, Hato and Anton Lizardo

location Guadalajara, Mexico date 13 July 2007 page 13 language Spanish trans_title Asking to clean Veracruz In 2008, the city began a program to recycle motor oil and other used automobile fluids in cooperation with a company called Eco-Klin and the federal environmental agency SEMARNAT. The purpose of the free collection system is to keep the fluids from being dumped in drains or burned by consumers.

Río, Veracruz language Spanish trans_title Tourism accessdate January 12, 2010 The main church is called the Parish of Santa Ana, which was constructed in 1776. Nearby is the colonial-style municipal palace. The Plaza Civica is in front of the municipal palace and contains the Nahuatl Fountain. The main dock is called Muella Banderas. The '''Agustín Lara House Museum,''' also called the “La Casita


Encarnación de Díaz

and a drink made with cactus fruit. It is said that both John Paul II and the King of Spain have tried the town’s sweet bread. thumb left View of the parish church from the main plaza (File:AtChurchfromPlazaEncarnacion.jpg) The center of the town is the main square called the '''Plaza de Armas'''. Originally, this spot had a fountain that provided the community’s potable water

. The interior contains a mural of a crucified Christ with Byzantine influence, called the Señor de la Misericordia (Lord of Mercy). It was painted by Pablo Contreras in 1833. Many of the graves are not underground but rather above ground crypts.The old section is almost entirely of crypts. This form of interment and the dry climate of the area has produced a number of naturally occurring mummies, similar to those found in Guanajuato. ref name "recuerdo" >

of Pedro Ramos, also known as Pedro Liebres. In life, he earned a living hunting rabbits and was killed when he found a stash of colonial era gold. His clothing is the basis for the uniforms of the museum staff. The museum contains five halls, pre Hispanic, a crypt room which contains most of the mummies as well as an image of Our Lady of Solitude, one temporary exhibit hall called the Calaveras del Montón and two halls dedicated to religious objects, especially


Santiago Tianguistenco

, Postal code... -- postal_code 52600 area_code blank_name blank_info blank1_name Demonym blank1_info website footnotes '''Santiago Tianguistenco''', often just simply called Tianguistenco, is a city and municipality (municipalities of Mexico) located in Mexico State about thirty km south of the state capital of Toluca. It is located in the southwest

, the municipality is home to a major industrial site that produces commercial trucks. The municipality is also home to a community called Gualupita, famous for its wool items, Santiago Tilapa, which as a patron festival known in Mexico

. Most of the archeological finds are concentrated on what used to be the shores of a lake in this area and the Tetépetl Mountain. In the municipality proper, the remains of a population center called Teotenanco appear between 1050 and 1260 C. E. with constructions reminiscent of Teotihuacan. In the center is a ceremonial precinct that was probably the center of a local theocracy. The earliest known ethnic group here is the Matlatzincas. ref name "


Vágur

fish from British (Great Britain) smacks and processed it to clipfish (Dried and salted cod), which was exported. *From 1870s Vágur and Tvøroyri (also in Suðuroy) became the main harbors for the large scale fishery by Iceland and Greenland; Vágur was for many years one of the fastest growing societies of the Faroe Islands. *1905 - Vágs Bóltfelag, VB (football and handball club) was founded on 6 June. The handball club is still called VB, the football club changed its

which eventually led to the abolition of monopoly trading in 1856. The memorial was erected in memory of the fact that in 1804 on this spot, now called Fløtan Fríða, the first Faroese (Faroe Islands) ship

, when the wind came from east and the eastern harbor could not be used. Vágseiði has also been used to dump garbage into the sea, but that stopped many years ago. Now all garbage is gathered and burnt by IRF. Sports Vágur had a football club, which was called VB (VB Vágur), it was founded in 1905. ISF.fo (''in Faroese'') In 2005 VB merged with Sumba ÍF (Sumba, Faroe Islands) to VB Sumba and in 2010 they founded a new football club


Villa de Etla

; The main festival for the municipality is in the seat in honor of Saints Peter (Saint Peter) and Paul (Saint Paul). This event begins with processions along the main streets to announce the start, just before the actual feast day. Then on the day before, a very large frame loaded with fireworks, called a castillo

(castle) along with smaller bull figures called toritos are set alight. On the main day, there are masses and other religious observances ending with a large public dance. Lent is an important time in the state of Oaxaca, with many communities developing various types of celebration over these forty days. As Villa de Etla already experiences warm weather by this time, flavored drinks sold by street vendors are popular during the processions, mass (liturgy

) masses and other events held during this time. Some typical flavors served include horchata, hibiscus tea, drinks made from coconuts, a fermented corn drink called tejate and one made from a sweet squash from the area called chilacayota. These are often offered to participants in the various events.


Chiapa de Corzo, Chiapas

Mesoamerican tomb burial have all been found here. Chiapa is also the site of the first Spanish city founded in Chiapas in 1528. However, because of the climate, most Spanish would move into the mountains to found what is now known as San Cristóbal de las Casas. Chiapa would be left to the indigenous and to the Dominican (Dominican Order) friars and called Chiapa de los Indios (with San Cristobal known as Chiapa de los Españoles). The current name was created to honor Reform War Liberal

;ref name "encmuc" The most important craft in the municipality is the working of wood, often with these pieces glazed in lacquer. One item is the masks used for traditional dances such as Parachicos. Another is the popular musical instrument the marimba. Lacquer is used on wooden items and other things such as gourds. It is decorative, often with intricate designs. This craft is locally called “laca.” Other important churches

Spanish trans_title The Los Parachicos tradition of Chiapa de Corzo, experiencing times of growth and challenge The Fiesta Grande de Enero is a celebration which joins a number of events which all happen in the month of January. Originally, these were the feast days of patron saints and other figures, including a Christ figure called the Our Lord of Esquipulas, Anthony the Great and Saint Sebastian. Since then, it has developed to include other events and overall it is meant


Santa Cruz Xoxocotlán

"terreno" Celebrations and commemorations Saints’ days in the municipality are celebrated by events called “calendas” which generally last for three days and includes activities such as concerts

, amusement rides, fireworks, traditional and popular dances and more. Twelve lay religious leaders called “mayordomos” are selected each year to lead neighborhood celebrations such as saints’ days. These mayordomos work together for major festivals such as the “holy burial of Christ,” the “Triumph of the Cross, “Guelaguetza” and others. The responsibilities of these mayordomos revolve around fundraising and organization. Saint Helena (Helena (Empress)), called Santa Elena de la Cruz locally

, chichilo, higaditos, mole coloradito, Cegueza, pipian, atole, tepache and mezcal. A dish prepared for Day of the Dead is called pletatamal, which is of Mixtec origin and dates back to the Monte Alban era. Traditional funeral rites includes “tapetes de arena” (sand carpets) and the “levantada de cruz” (raising of the cross). Wakes are still generally held in the home of the deceased. In the past, the deceased was laid on the dirt floor with his


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017