Stanstead, Quebec

Plain, Rock Island and Beebe (formerly Beebe Plain). It is not to be confused with the township of Stanstead (Stanstead, Quebec (township)), which is nearby although not directly adjacent (the municipality of Ogden (Ogden, Quebec) lies in between). Not only is Stanstead home to the Haskell Free Library and Opera House — the only heritage building deliberately constructed straddling the border between both countries, it also features Canusa Street, which is the only street

in the world where the country border corresponds to the middle line marker (Road surface marking), effectively making across the street neighbors residents of two different countries. History Prior to merging, the towns of Stanstead, Rock Island and Beebe were known collectively as "Trois villages," or "Three villages." In 1940, traffic on Quebec Route 143—the area's main route at the time—was halted due to snowfall from March 22 to April 3. Dufferin Heights was most

article butterfields-important-invention-leads-international-factory Beebe Plain Beebe Plain was colonized ''circa'' 1789 by Zeeba Beebe of Connecticut. A saw mill was established as the town’s first business in 1863. By 1869, Beebe Plain had a church, two stores, a post office, a customs post and some houses. The village separated from the Canton of Stanstead and became a separate municipality. From 1874 to 1935, a Chautauqua-style holiday resort, including a meeting hall

Fort Smith, Arkansas

#Former routes Gregg Avenue , which contains many student-oriented apartments along its shoulders and further west is Garland Avenue (Arkansas Highway 112). This route runs along the campus of the University of Arkansas in south Fayetteville, with apartments and duplexes along its northern routing. Transportation Beebe is served by three main U.S. highways, US 64 (U.S. Route 64 in Arkansas), US 67 (U.S. Route 67 in Arkansas), and US 167 (U.S. Route 167 in Arkansas). US 64

connects Beebe with the growing city of Conway (Conway, Arkansas), located west of Beebe. From Conway, US 64 meets I-40 (Interstate 40 in Arkansas), which provides access to Fort Smith (Fort Smith, Arkansas). U.S. 67 167 is a four-lane freeway that connects Beebe with Little Rock (Little Rock, Arkansas) to the south and with Searcy (Searcy, Arkansas), Newport (Newport, Arkansas), and Craighead (Craighead County, Arkansas) ( Jonesboro, Arkansas Jonesboro

) to the north. At Exit 28, US 64 joins US 67 167 as it goes northeast to Bald Knob (Bald Knob, Arkansas) where it branches off of US 67 and goes east to Wynne (Wynne, Arkansas) and eventually West Memphis (West Memphis, Arkansas) in eastern Arkansas. Additionally, US 67 Business (Bannered routes of U.S. Route 67#Beebe business route) starts from just east of US 67 US 167 at Exit 28 and goes east into downtown Beebe and then north from downtown Beebe back to US 64 US 67 US 167

Natural Steps, Arkansas

and sought the shady groves in the vicinity, where they indulged in picnicking in the true and time-honored style; after when the Natural Steps were duly inspected and climbed and such getting up stairs you never did see." A riverboat pilot on the Arkansas River in the late 19th century, R. E. Cross wrote in 1938: "For years and years I rafted timber from Dardanelle and points below, to the old Freeman Lumber Company at Gleason, Ark., and to the Beebe Stave Company

Georgetown, Guyana

of York's Royal Military School and later a graduate of St John's College, Cambridge. thumb left 300px William Beebe (center) with Paul Howes and Inness Hartley in the laboratory at Kalacoon (Image:BeebeKalacoon.png) In 1916, Beebe traveled to Georgetown (Georgetown, Guyana) in pursuit of his earlier goal of establishing a permanent field research station in Guiana. After following several leads which came to nothing, his goal was realized when George Withers, who owned a rubber

plantation on the Mazaruni River, offered him the use of a large house on his property for this purpose. Soon after Beebe and his researchers moved into the plantation house, which was known by the name of Kalacoon, they were paid a visit by Theodore Roosevelt and his family. Roosevelt subsequently wrote an article about the station for Scribner's Magazine, which helped to build public support for the station.

Wausau, Wisconsin

and composer *Frank E. Bachhuber, lawyer, businessman, and politician *Chris Bangle, Chief of Design at BMW Auto Group (grew up in Wausau) *Marcus H. Barnum, Wisconsin State Assemblyman, businessman, and lawyer 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1897,' Biographical Sketch of Mark Barnum, pg. 685 *Matthew Beebe, Wisconsin State Assemblyman and businessman 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1889,' Biographical Sketch of Matthew Beebe, pg. 512 *Rudy Bell, Major

Enid, Oklahoma

, performing year round in the Enid Symphony Center (Enid Masonic Temple). Enid's Chautauqua in the Park takes place each summer in Government Springs Park, providing five nights of educational performances by scholars portraying prominent historical figures. The Chautauqua program was brought to Enid in 1907 by the Enid Circle Jewish Chautauqua Beebe, Nelda Jo, "Madrigal Music" ''Enid Daily Eagle'', January 6th, 1976 reprinted in ''Garfield County Oklahoma 1907-1982,'' Vol

Tombstone, Arizona

friend and fellow Army Scout Al Sieber learned what Schieffelin was up to, he is quoted as telling him, "The only rock you will find out there will be your own tombstone (headstone)".

Ithaca, New York

2.62 34.7 54.8 2.89 44.6 67.1 3.33 53.8 76.2 3.64 58.4 80.9 3.61 56.7 78.9 3.50 50.1 71.8 3.41 40.0 60.0 3.12 31.8 47.2 2.65 21.0 35.3 2.41 units imperial float left clear thumb right Hemlock Gorge along Fall Creek before emptying into Beebe Lake on Cornell's campus. (File:Ithaca Hemlock Gorge.JPG) The valley in which Cayuga Lake is located is long and narrow with a north-south orientation. Ithaca is at the southern end (the "head") of the lake, but the valley

* Beebe Lake * Buttermilk Falls State Park * Carl Sagan's Grave * Cayuga Nature Center * Collegetown * Cornell University :* Cornell Plantations :* Llenroc House (Llenroc) :* F.R. Newman Arboretum :* Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology * EcoVillage at Ithaca * Finger Lakes Trail * Ithaca College * Ithaca Commons * Ithaca Dog Park * Ithaca Farmers Market * Moosewood

Alta California

would become Spanish subjects. In the interim period, the Franciscans were to act as mission administrators who held the land in trust for the Native residents. The Franciscans, however, prolonged their control over the missions and ran them for more than sixty years. The transfer of property never occurred. Beebe, 2001, page 71 Fink, 1972, pages 63–64. File:Dobson'sMap.jpeg thumb 400px Map of N. America showing California when it was part of New Spain

Camino Real * Presidio of Monterey, California * Presidio of San Francisco References *Beebe, Rose Marie (2001). ''Lands of Promise and Despair: Chronicles of Early California, 1535–1846''. Berkeley: Heyday Books. ISBN 1-890771-48-1

Shreveport, Louisiana

of Washington, D.C. It was founded in 1983 by Harvey McLean, Jr., a businessman from Shreveport, Louisiana. and was initially funded with $2.8 million dollars by Herman K. Beebe. North supposedly used this bank during the Iran-Contra scandal by funneling money from his shell organization, the "National Endowment for the Preservation of Liberty," through Palmer National Bank to the Contras. In northeast Texas, the river flows past Mineola, Texas Mineola

National of Washington, D.C.''' is a bank in Washington, D.C.. It was founded in 1983 by Harvey McLean, Jr. (Herman K. Beebe) (a businessman from Shreveport (Shreveport, Louisiana), Louisiana. It was initially funded with $2.8 million to McLean from Herman K. Beebe. Oliver North used this bank during the Iran-Contra scandal by funneling money from his shell organization, the "National Endowment for the Preservation of Liberty", through Palmer National

Copyright (C) 2015-2017
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017