. Surviving paper named ''Evansville Courier & Press'' *Franklin, Pennsylvania, & Oil City, Pennsylvania - ''Franklin News-Herald'' 1985 merged into ''Oil City Derrick'' *Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu) - ''Honolulu Advertiser'' (owned by Gannett) and ''Honolulu Star Bulletin'' (owned by Black Press of Victoria, Canada, formerly owned by Liberty Newspapers of Florida, previously owned by Gannett) 2000 JOA terminated, both published until
the congregation went to services at Willow Bunch. A Mosaic of Willow Bunch R.M. #42 Volume 1 page,107. Willow Bunch Historical Society. 1998 – Bellefleur’s Garage: it was built in the late 1930s by Victor Tesseir, from lumber salvaged in the demolition of Frederic Kreish’s Restaurant & Pool Room, which previously occupied the site, purchased by Francis Bellefleur around 1943. He, as had his predecessor, handled a General Motors Agency, Esso gas & oil sales, and briefly, the J.I. Case Agency. Francis ran the Garage until 1959-60, then moved to B.C. It was demolished in the early 1980s by David Gold. Willow Bunch Museum. Flip Boards Room # 4 Archives. - H.A. Balthazar’s home. It was constructed in the early 1900s for Louis Beanchesne’s wife, Lodina(Millville), who ran a Ladies’ Hat & Apparel Shop in it. Freddi Desjardins purchased it in the early 1950s and occupied the premises for over a decade. It was sold and again then demolished in 1983. A Mosaic of Willow Bunch R.M. #42 Volume 1 page,8. Willow Bunch Historical Society. 1998 - In 1944, Albert and Violet (Rasmussen) André purchased a house and garage, Albert proceeded to operate the garage as a Machine and Welding shop, in conjunction with the John Deere and Ford agencies. - In 1956, The Andrés closed their shop and moved to Dawson Creek, B.C. It remained closed and was demolished and replaced in the early 1980s. Willow Bunch Museum. Flip Boards Room # 4 Archives. 1970–1980 Willow Bunch Museum thumb Willow Bunch Museum (File:Modern Day Museum.jpg) In the summer of 1972, the Willow Bunch Museum & Heritage Society was established by a group of local students through the government Opportunities for Youth Program. The museum was housed in the former Union Hospital which served the community from 1946 to 1969. The museum eventually moved into the Sisters of the Cross Convent School in 1984. Willow Bunch Museum Website Palace Theater Closes thumb Palace Theater (File:Palace Theater 2.jpg) In 1973 the town inherited the historic Palace Theatre, which was the town's community social centre until its doors closed in 1969. The Knights of Columbus constructed the building in 1925. The building was first used for public meetings in 1928 until it officially became a theatre in 1931. The Palace Theatre showed silent movies, talking movies and was also used for the Knights of Columbus meetings and eventually their bowling in the basement. (Willow Bunch Museum Picture Reference) RCMP leave Willow Bunch On July 2, 1976 the two-man Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) detachment of Willow Bunch moved to the nearby town of Coronach, Saskatchewan after 90 years in Willow Bunch. The then-Assistant Commissioner, J.E. Gibbon, recommended that the RCMP should be moved because of the low population in Willow Bunch. Residents of Willow Bunch strongly disagreed with the move and protested at the Regina Legislature on two different occasions. Two hundred protesters gathered outside the legislature on June 1, 1976. On June 30, 130 protested, demanding to see then-Saskatchewan premier Allan Blakeney. The premier told the angry group that he would not make any commitments other than to consider new facts on the move. Until that confrontation, Attorney General Roy Romanow had been the main government official handling the press and public for the RCMP move. Romanow had said the RCMP advised him that, “one man detachments are of limited value” and that is why the RCMP would be building a new detachment in the economically prosperous Coronach. The developing Poplar River Power Station in Coronach would be expecting 400 to 500 workers, therefore more police manpower would be needed in the town, he argued. Regina Leader Post June 23, 1976 "Moving RCMP decision soon" page 2 Regina Leader Post "Premier Rejects Marcher's Plea" page 20 Willow Bunch Pioneer Dies Willow Bunch's last pioneer, Russell Wilson, died on March 19, 1977. He was born near Orangeville, Ontario in 1902 and moved out west with his mother in 1916. Wilson married Irene Bradley in 1928 and they lived as farmers in an area near Willow Bunch until they retired to Regina in 1966. Wilson was buried in Riverside Memorial Park cemetery. northwest of Willow Bunch (Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan), Saskatchewan, Canada. Beaupré was the eldest of 20 children born to Gaspard and Florestine (born Piché) Beaupré in the newly-founded parish of Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan, Canada, and was the first child to be baptized in the parish. Beaupré did not appear abnormally large at birth, and for the first three years of his life, his growth was relatively normal. However, Edouard's growth rate then increased dramatically, so much so that by age nine he was six feet tall, and by the age of 17 his height was recorded at 7'1". In 1902, Edouard's height was measured at 8 feet 2.5 inches and he weighed over 400 pounds. His death certificate described him as being 8'3" (2.52m) tall and still growing.
, and in 1865, oil was discovered in the valley. The Bakersfield area, once a tule-reed-covered marshland, was first known as Kern Island to the handful of pioneers (settler) who built log cabins there in 1860. The area was subject to periodic flooding from the Kern River, which occupied what is now the downtown area, and experienced outbreaks
, and ''El Paso Herald-Post'' folded 1997 *Evansville, Indiana - ''Evansville Courier'', (owned by The E. W. Scripps Company, formerly family owned) and ''The Evansville Press'' (formerly owned by The E. W. Scripps Company) folded 1998. Surviving paper named ''Evansville Courier & Press'' *Franklin, Pennsylvania, & Oil City, Pennsylvania - ''Franklin News-Herald'' 1985 merged into ''Oil City Derrick'' Early years Splittorff was born
and contributes to maintaining a positive trade balance. Since the late 1960s, the exploitation of oil increased production, and proven reserves are estimated at 6.51 billion barrels as of 2011.
by a joint venture outlet in Pune in 2011 and Thane in February 2012. India India has begun the development of a strategic crude oil reserve sized at , enough for two weeks of consumption. Alexander's Gas & Oil Connections - India to build up storage of crude oil Petroleum stocks have been transferred from the Indian Oil Corporation (IndianOil