, which was then one of the most significant plant in the country, and the MIR Malom grain processing plant. By this time the agricultural character of the city reduced. But there was another, new project: with the growth of the population's number the city became larger and larger. The first important planned city development is in connection with István Németh, who was the major of the city between 1895 and 1911. For the citizens their environment became more and more important and thanks for the Kaposvári Szépítő Egyesület (Kaposvári Beautifying Association), the city became then a real "flowered city". The representatives of the culture had to keep step with the economic development. By that time the city has the right to keep high-school graduation in its secondary grammar school, there was a convent, a seminary and beside other institutions a day-nursery too. The first daily newspaper of the county, the Somogyi Hírlap came out from the printing-house in April 1904. In September 1911 the stone theater of Kaposvár was opened, which was then the country's biggest and modernest theater, where the most popular actors and actresses played. And a new cultural trend born, the film: in the first decade of the 20th century there were already three cinemas. Newer and newer cultural and art associations were founded. A lot of famous artists settled down there, like József Rippl-Rónai, Endre Ady, István Fekete and Aurél Bernáth. 20th century The years of development ended with the start of World War I, in which - like in other important events of the Hungarian history - the citizens, the soldiers of Kaposvár took their part. But the war brought hardship and dissatisfaction to the city. In the public life there were strikes and strengthening of left-wing ideas. The ideas of the Revolutions and interventions in Hungary (1918–20) found place in the public life. The first directorium and agricultural association were born here and the plants were socialized. But the revolution fell and together with the war, the years of terror and the Treaty of Trianon brought a recession which from it slowly recovered from the years of 1930. Although the role of the railway transport diminished, bus transport started and in 1929 the airport was built in Taszár. From an industrial city Kaposvár became a commercial and administration center and the transformation of the cityscape reflected this change. It didn't just have flowers but was a clean, pleasant, civic town with restaurants, cafés and active cultural life. Thanks to József Adorján, Ferenc Csik and a number of olympic sportmen the world got to know the city's sportlife. The national policy darkened more and more, the "happy peacetimes", the left-wing ideas and later the wind of the World War II reached the city. Almost one thousand citizens died or disappeared during the fights. In 1944 the city was twice under foreign occupation. In March the German soldiers filed in Kaposvár. The Jews were deported, most of them died in Auschwitz. The frontline arrived here on 2 December when soviet troops replaced the Germans. The life could start fast in the city because fortunately, the fights didn't cause remarkable destruction. Kaposvár always said to be an "insurrectionist" city and it chose again the policy of restart. The parties formed, like the Communist Party, but the Country Party had the biggest side. After the communist received the power the socialisations finished and the new kind of industrial expansion started, the socialist industrialisation. Its result was for example the textil factory, meat plant, electricity factory. But the small industries disappeared. In 1956 Kaposvár joined the revolution but on 4 November the soviet tanks clunked through the city's streets: the fall of the revolution and the sanctions had a lot of victim in Kaposvár. Between them the famous born of Kaposvár, the revolution's martyr prime minister, Imre Nagy. The chief city of the county woke up hardly after the flop. In the next decade the development of the industry and the flat construction started. From 1970 new subtopias built. The city's administrative boarder flared: in 1950 Kaposszentjakab (Zselicszentjakab), in 1970 Kaposfüred and Toponár and in 1973 Töröcske joined the city. In 1971 the training-school and the agricultural technical institute became college. In the field of science and culture many person made famous the name of the city, not just in the country but beyond the borders too: the Archives of Somogy County, the Csiky Gergely Theatre, the Béla Vikár Choir, the Somogy Dance Group, and the Berzsenyi Company. The crisis of the 1980s, and the stop of the city's development made necessary changes. In the end of the decade - like so many times during its history - Kaposvár stood to the top of reforms. The maverick organisations were funded and a memorial tablet was put on Imre Nagy's house, as the symbol of new times. In 1990 Kaposvár became urban county and in 1993 an episcopal seat. 21st century Today Kaposvár - with its university, education system, and thousands of students - is a real school city. With the well-kept plazas, streets, colourful flowerbeds it is the city of flowers. With its rippling wells it is the city of waterworks. With its lively cultural life, rich art programmes it is the city of festivals and the city of painters. With its wonderfully reborn downtown with the feeling of peaceful, Mediterranean atmosphere, the chief town of the county has become a real European city. ) (born 23 October 1837 in Kaposvár, Hungary - 6 March 1902 in Vienna, Austria) was a Hungarian physician and dermatologist who discovered the skin tumor (Kaposi's sarcoma) that received his name (Kaposi's sarcoma). style "text-align:center;" czech republic Brno Silver Image:Med 2.png style "text-align:center;" hungary Kaposvár Gold Image:Med 1.png - *Léva (Levice) 14.3% Q, Nagyszombat (Trnava SL) 14.0%, *Kaposvár 13.9% N, Gyulafehérvár (Alba Iulia RO) 13.7%, Kisszeben (Sabinov SL) 13.3%, Poprád (Poprad SL) 13.0%, *Nagykanizsa 12.7% N, Győr 12.6% Nx, Gyöngyös 12.6% Qx, Zalaegerszeg 12.4% N, Szepesváralja (Spišské Podhradie SL) 12.4%, DATE OF BIRTH 23 August 1929 PLACE OF BIRTH Kaposvár, Hungary DATE OF DEATH 1 September 1997
area and the infrastructure, while most of the province retained a rural and agricultural character. Buchholz (1999), pp.412,413,464ff Since 1850, the net migration rate was negative, Pomeranians (Pomeranians (German people)) emigrated primarily to Berlin, the West German industrial regions and oversees. Buchholz (1999), pp.400ff In areas where Polish population lived along with Germans
language pl The municipalities adjacent to Białystok are slowly losing their agricultural character, becoming residential suburban neighborhoods with single-family housing and small businesses.
. The coat of arms of Wittlingen was granted 1906 and show the arms of Baden impaled by a plow iron as a symbol for the agricultural character of the town. The blazon is ''Or a Bend Gules impaling Azure a Plowshare Or point upwards''. '''Hechingen''' is a town in central Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is situated about
name "Buchholz, pp.420ff" Buchholz (1999), pp.420ff The industrial revolution had an impact primarily on the Stettin area and the infrastructure, while most of the province retained a rural and agricultural character. Buchholz (1999), pp.412,413,464ff Since 1850, the net migration rate was negative, Pomeranians (Pomeranians (German people)) emigrated primarily to Berlin, the West
. The city kept an agricultural character in the 19th and 20th centuries. Economic development has influenced the architecture of the city. After break-up of Austria-Hungary in 1918, the town became part of Czechoslovakia and received status of the district capital (until 1960). After the First Vienna Award, the town was from 1938 to 1945 part of Hungary. In the second half of the 20 century the character of the Jizera Mountains changed completely. The German population of the area was expelled (Expulsion of Germans after World War II) in 1945 and replaced by Poles on the now Polish and Czechs on the Czechoslovakian side of the mountains. The ecosystem was badly hit by emissions, produced by lignite fired power stations located in the Zittau basin. Weakened spruce forest, less resistant against various types of parasites (parasitism), were on the verge of extinction. The higher parts of the mountains, once densely wooded, became largely treeless, in part also because of excessive deforestation. New roads cut through the once secluded landscape. The situation improved only after the fall of communism (Revolutions of 1989) in 1989. Open-pit (Open-pit mining) coal mines in the former East Germany were closed, as well as several major power plants. Emission filters were installed at the immense Turów power station (Turów) in Bogatynia on the Polish side of Lusatian Neisse. At the same time large-scale reforestation projects were started. 8 February 1990 – West Ham United sign Czech (Czechoslovakia) goalkeeper Ludek Miklosko from Baník Ostrava for £300,000. Miklosko, 28, has been capped 31 times by the Czech national side (Czechoslovakia national football team).
August von Hardenberg Buchholz (1999), pp.393ff and Otto von Bismarck. Buchholz (1999), pp.420ff The industrial revolution had an impact primarily on the Stettin area and the infrastructure, while most of the province retained a rural and agricultural character. Buchholz (1999), pp.412,413,464ff Since 1850, the net migration rate
community. The island was once a rich agricultural (agriculture) region, but is mostly suburbs today. Only the mid-south parts of the island have retained their agricultural character. History Groote Eylandt was first sighted by Europeans in 1623, by the Dutch (Netherlands) ship ''Arnhem'' (Arnhem (ship)), under Willem van Coolsteerdt. However, it was not until 1644, when Tasman arrived, that the island was given a European name. The first European settlement on the island
Commons:Category:Germany Wikipedia:Germany Dmoz:Regional Europe Germany