Yeniseysk

What is Yeniseysk known for?


field number

bis 1743'' (1751–1752). The Second

Sibirien von dem Jahr 1733 bis 1743, 4 vols edition language Latin publisher Abram Bandenhoect location Göttingen url http: international.loc.gov cgi-bin ampage?collId mtfrb&fileName 14100 mtfrb14100.db&recNum 0&itemLink r?intldl mtfront:@field(NUMBER+@od1(mtfrb+14100))&linkText 0&presId mtfront Siberian river routes In the early 17th century the eastward movement of Russians was slowed by the internal problems in the country during the Time

location London url http: international.loc.gov cgi-bin ampage?collId mtfxtx&fileName txg g330822152 mtfxtxg330822152.db&recNum 1&itemLink r?intldl mtfront:@field(NUMBER+@od1(mtfxtx+g330822152))&linkText 0 isbn


popular science

*26 airports, including large international one (Yemelyanovo (Krasnoyarsk Airport) near Krasnoyarsk). *'''Vladimir Obruchev''', geologist, explorer of Siberia and Central Asia, wrote the comprehensive ''Geology of Siberia'' and two popular science fiction and travel novels, ''Plutonia (Hollow Earth)'' and ''Sannikov Land'' *'''Maksim Perfilyev''', discoverer of Transbaikalia, founder of Yeniseysk and Bratsk *'''Fedot Popov''', discoverer of Chukotka and the Bering Strait, possible discoverer of Kamchatka Crusoe's travels in Siberia Argun was the first town on the Russian border, then they went through Nertzinskoi (Nerchinsk), Plotbus, touched a lake called Schaks Ozer, Jerawena, the river Udda, Yeniseysk, and Tobolsk (from September 1703 to beginning of June 1704). They arrived into Europe around the source of the river Wirtska, south of the river Petrou, to a village called Kermazinskoy near Soloy Kamskoy (Solikamsk). They passed a little river called Kirtza, near Ozomoys (or Gzomoys), came to Veuslima (?) on the river Witzogda (Vychegda), running into the Dwina, then they stayed in Lawrenskoy (July 3–7, 1704; possibly Yarensk, known as Yerenskoy Gorodok at that times). Finally Crusoe arrived at the White Sea port town Arch-Angel (Archangelsk) on August 18, sailed into Hamburg (September 18), and Hague. He arrived at London on 10 January 1705, having been gone from England ten years and nine months. There was prominent underground resistance in the regions controlled by Kolchak's government. These partisans were especially strong in the provinces of Altai (Altai Krai) and Yeniseysk. In the summer of 1919 partisans of the Altai Region united to form the Western Siberian Peasants' Red Army (25,000 men). The Taseev Soviet Partisan Republic was founded south-east of Yeniseysk in early 1919. By the fall of 1919, Kolchak's rear was completely disintegrating. About 100,000 Siberian Communists seized vast regions from Kolchak's regime even before the approach of the Red Army. In February 1920, some 20,000 partisans took control of the Amur region (Amur Oblast). "The Partisan Movement of 1918-22", Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969-1978 - Yeniseysk Енисейск Krasnoyarsk Krai - left 300px thumb Siberian river routes (File:Siberiariverroutemap.png) were of primary importance in the process of Russian exploration and conquest of Siberia (Russian conquest of Siberia). In the early 17th century the eastward movement of Russians was slowed by the internal problems in the country during the Time of Troubles. However, very soon the exploration and colonisation of the huge territories of Siberia was resumed, led mostly by Cossacks hunting for valuable furs and ivory. While Cossacks came from the Southern Urals, another wave of Russians came by the Arctic Ocean. These were Pomors from the Russian North, who already had been making fur trade with Mangazeya in the north of the Western Siberia for quite a long time. In 1607 the settlement of Turukhansk was founded on the northern Yenisey River, near the mouth of the Lower Tunguska, and in 1619 Yeniseysky ostrog (ostrog (fortress)) was founded on the mid-Yenisey at the mouth of the Upper Tunguska. wikipedia:Yeniseysk


fact

'' Russian expansion into the Buryat area around Lake Baikal George V. Lantzeff and Richard A. Price, 'Eastward to Empire',1973 in 1628–1658 was part of the Russian conquest of Siberia. It was done first by following the Angara River upstream from Yeniseysk (founded 1619) and later by moving south from the Lena River. Russians first heard of the Buryats in 1609 at Tomsk. According to folktales related a century after the fact, in 1623, Demid

Lantzeff of the Lower Tunguska ( Nizhnyaya Tunguska

and western Siberia to Yeniseysk. He described the position of the Yenisey river as a boundary between Europe and Asia and participated in measuring the lowest temperature ever recorded at Yeniseysk. He was also the first person to measure the fact that the level of the Caspian Sea was below that of the Mediterranean Sea. He eventually reached Bering (Vitus Bering)’s headquarters at Yakutsk in September 1736. Unfortunately, Gmelin's residence burned


extensive knowledge

extensive knowledge of the peninsula. He published his observations in 1755 ("Описание земли Камчатки" wikipedia:Yeniseysk


nearby small

close to the much larger, but much less interesting, Lesosibirsk; it may be easier to take a bus to Lesosibirsk from Krasnoyarsk and then to transfer to a more local bus going to Yeniseysk. Yeniseysk has a nearby small airport, possibly served by KrasAir from Krasnoyarsk. Get around See * Monastery of the Transfiguration of the Savior Do Buy Eat Drink Sleep Go next wikipedia:Yeniseysk


294

: gdz.sub.uni-goettingen.de no_cache dms load toc ?IDDOC 87829 accessdate was based on his observations and collections. It contains descriptions of 1178 species, 294 of which ae illustrated. His nephew Samuel Gottlieb Gmelin assisted his in editing the final two volumes. A fifth volume of ''Flora Sibirica'', mainly on cryptogams was written by Stepan Krasheninnikov, but was never printed. Gmelin also described the journey in his ''Reise durch Sibirien von dem Jahr 1733

. It contains descriptions of 1178 species, 294 of which ae illustrated. His nephew Samuel Gottlieb Gmelin assisted his in editing the final two volumes. A fifth volume of ''Flora Sibirica'', mainly on cryptogams was written by Stepan Krasheninnikov, but was never printed. Gmelin also described the journey in his ''Reise durch Sibirien von dem Jahr 1733 bis 1743'' (1751–1752).


major+starting

wikipedia:Yeniseysk


870

built new boats and explored some of the Angara, finally reaching Yeniseysk and discovering that the Angara (a Buryat (Buryat language) name) and Upper Tunguska (Verkhnyaya Tunguska, as initially known by the Russians) were one and the same river. Yakutsk soon turned into a major base for further Russian expeditions eastward, southward and northward. Maksim Perfilyev, who earlier had been one of the founders of Yeniseysk, founded Bratsky ostrog

(folktales collected a century after the fact), Pyanda discovered the Lena River. He allegedly explored some 1,500 miles (2,400 km) of its length, reaching as far as central Yakutia. He returned up the Lena until it became too rocky and shallow, and portaged to the Angara. In this way, Pyanda may have become the first Russian to meet Yakuts and Buryats. He built new boats and explored some 870 miles (1,400 km) of the Angara, finally reaching Yeniseysk


portrait

. ) In 1635 Bratsk was restored by a punitive expedition under Radukovskii. In 1638 it was besieged unsuccessfully. * Southern route: via Kazakhstan, Barnaul, Abakan and Mongolia. * Northern route: via Tyumen, Tobolsk, Tomsk, Yeniseysk and the modern Baikal Amur Mainline or even through Yakutsk. Image:Vitus Bering.jpg left 180px thumb A portrait once believed to be of Vitus Bering (according to more recent data, it is likely his

uncle's portrait) In 1991 a Russian-Danish expedition found Bering's burial site. Analysis of Bering's skull also showed that Bering could not have had such a round face, as is depicted in most pictures. The analysis showed a man of strong stature and a more angular face. The portrait most frequently attributed to Bering may possibly be the writer '''Vitus Pedersen Bering''', who was Bering's uncle. Both parties used horse


made good

-drawn sledges and made good time over the first legs of the journey. On 14 February they were reunited in Vologda, and, now travelling together, headed eastwards across the Ural mountains, arriving in the small city of Tobolsk (one of the main stopping points of the journey) on 16 March. They had already travelled over 1750 miles. At Tobolsk, Bering took on more men to help the party through the more difficult journey ahead. He asked for 24 more from

Yeniseysk

thumb Yeniseysk was an important junction on the Siberian River Routes (File:Siberiariverroutemap.png)

'''Yeniseysk''' ( 20,000 (1970).

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017