Sainte-Thècle, Quebec

What is Sainte-Thècle, Quebec known for?


offering activities

to accommodate groups and provide meals, especially the maple shack "Chez Angelo and Anita", located in 1631, chemin Saint-Georges, Sainte-Thècle. * Camping "Domaine Lac et Forêt" (Domain of Lake and Forest), located on road St-Pierre North, offering activities for all age groups: volleyball, basketball, dodgeball, floor hockey, games (indoor and outdoor), and an important pool producing high wages. In addition, visitors can benefit from the snowmobile or ATV, hunting and fishing


beautiful water

- Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 1157 (total dwellings: 1413) Mother language of Sainte-Thècle's citizens: * French as first language: 98.2% * English as first language: 0.4% * English and French as first language: 0.4% * Other as first language: 1.0% Main attractions * St-Jean-Optimist Park, located in the village, on the edge of Lac Croche (southern part of the lake). This site does contain a public municipal beach, a beautiful water fountain illuminated in the middle of the lake, a boat launch for pleasure craft, a landing, a center of recreation, picnic tables, a volleyball site ... and Laurent Naud's Drive, located on the South shores of Lac-Croche (between Du Pont street and Parc St-Jean-Optimist). In winter, the skating trail is popular. Several social and sporting events are regularly held at the St-Jean-Optimist Park. * Church erected from 1903 to 1905, located on the highest hill in the heart of the village. Built under the direction of Priest Maxime Masson, the church of Sainte-Thècle is one of the finest religious heritage of La Mauricie and Quebec. * Cemetery of upper village, located behind the church. It features the "Stations of the Cross" carved in stone, a beautiful "calvaire" and many old monuments remembering our ancestors. * Public landing site on the shore of Lac-du-Jésuite (Lake Jesuit), in the southern part of the lake near the mouth. * Public landing site on the shore of Lac-aux-Chicots (located in rang St-Pierre-Sud, near the village). * Chnabail Lake Trail (accessible by road from the Lake Jesuit) which offers a walk in the forest to rediscover the wilderness. * Country skying club "Le Geai Bleu" (The Blue Jay), located at 2501, chemin Saint-Michel Nord, Sainte-Thècle. This center offers 11.7 km of groomed trails. * Maple shack (cabanes à sucre). There are several producers of maple products in Sainte-Thècle, active in Spring season. Some "maple shack" (cabane-à-sucre) have a room to accommodate groups and provide meals, especially the maple shack "Chez Angelo and Anita", located in 1631, chemin Saint-Georges, Sainte-Thècle. * Camping "Domaine Lac et Forêt" (Domain of Lake and Forest), located on road St-Pierre North, offering activities for all age groups: volleyball, basketball, dodgeball, floor hockey, games (indoor and outdoor), and an important pool producing high wages. In addition, visitors can benefit from the snowmobile or ATV, hunting and fishing, camping and resort trails. There are also many lakes in Sainte-Thècle for boating. Municipal chronology * In September 23, 1874: the "municipality of the parish of Sainte-Thècle" is officially constituted following the publication of the governmental decree in the Official Newspaper of Quebec (Gazette officielle du Québec). * In April 27, 1909: the "municipality of the village of Sainte-Thècle" is created. Its territory (village of the church and village of the station) gets loose from the "municipality of the parish". * 1958: The sector of the lower village gets loose from the "municipality of the parish" and merges to the "municipality of the village". * In January 1, 1982: implementation of the Mékinac Regional County Municipality ("Municipalité régionale de comté") which replaced the "corporation of county" which had been set up in 1855. The RCM of Mékinac (Mékinac Regional County Municipality) is a supramunicipale organization for the territory which includes all the municipalities of the RCM of Mékinac (Mékinac Regional County Municipality) area. The powers of RMC lean at the same time on statutory compulsory skills and on additional skills according to the will of the municipalities of its territory for common services. * June 7, 1989: merger between the "municipality of the parish" and that of the village of Sainte-Thècle in order to form the "municipality of Sainte-Thècle". Chronicles on the history of Sainte-Thècle, appeared in French from 1973 till 1982 in the weekly newspaper "Dynamique" (published in Saint-Tite), written by René Veillette and Gaétan Veillette. School chronology * 1878: creation of the first "Sainte-Thècle school board" (Commission scolaire de Sainte-Thècle). The first meeting of the school board was held on March 4, 1878 in Théophile Magnan's residence. * 1915: Separation of the territory of Sainte-Thècle in two school board: village and parish. * 1949: Merger of both school board in only one. * 1965: Foundation of the CSRM ("Regional School Board of Mauricie area" - "Commission scolaire régionale de la Mauricie") in order to organize all the secondary education level. Whereas the "School board of Sainte-Thècle" (Commission scolaire de Sainte-Thècle) continues to organize the education of primary level. * 1969: Cessation of the teaching of secondary level 3 and more, in June, 1969, in Sainte-Thècle. Furthermore, this secondary level education is dispensed in "Polyvalente Paul Le Jeune" in Saint-Tite (Saint-Tite, Quebec) which opened its doors in September, 1969. * As of July 1, 1972: merger of the "School Board of Sainte-Thècle" (Commission scolaire de Sainte-Thècle) with the "School Board of Normandie" ("Commission scolaire de Normandie") which already had the responsibility since 1969 of the teaching of primary level. * As of July 1, 1998: the "School Board of Normandy"(Commission scolaire de Normandie) is dissolved on June 30, 1998, to give way on July 1, 1998 to the "School Board of the Energy"(Commission scolaire de l'Énergie) which is furthermore responsible to administer the elementary and the secondary sector on the same territory as the previous CSRM (territory: from Mont-Carmel (Mont-Carmel, Quebec), up to Parent (Parent, Quebec) in Abitibi (Abitibi Regional County Municipality)). Historical researches about the School Boards of Sainte-Thècle, by Gaétan Veillette Religious chronology * 1873 - March 14 - canonical erection of the "Catholic parish of Sainte-Thècle" (Paroisse catholique de Sainte-Thècle). * 1876 - September 19 - Land gift by notarial act from Lord John E. Price to the "Fabrique de Sainte-Thècle" with the aim of setting up a chapel there. * From 1877 to 1879 - Construction of the chapel in the lower village. * 1880 - Opening of the registers of baptismal certificates, marriages and graves of Sainte-Thècle. Previously, acts relative to the residents of the Lac-aux-Chicots (Sainte-Thècle) were registered on the registers of Saint-Tite. * 1893 - Enlargement of the chapel of the lower village, following a new decree of the bishop as of October 6, 1892. This enlargement allowed the addition of 75 benches while initially the chapel contained 97 benches in its surrounding wall. * 1903 - Choice of the future church site at the highest site of the sector and beginning of the construction of the church. * 1903 - Maxime Masson's arrival, on February 6, 1903, as priest (curé) of Sainte-Thècle. His cure lasted 52 years (up


producing high

to accommodate groups and provide meals, especially the maple shack "Chez Angelo and Anita", located in 1631, chemin Saint-Georges, Sainte-Thècle. * Camping "Domaine Lac et Forêt" (Domain of Lake and Forest), located on road St-Pierre North, offering activities for all age groups: volleyball, basketball, dodgeball, floor hockey, games (indoor and outdoor), and an important pool producing high wages. In addition, visitors can benefit from the snowmobile or ATV, hunting and fishing


418

Daylight Time EDT utc_offset_DST −4 postal_code_type Postal code(s) (Canadian postal code) postal_code G0X 3G0 (List of G postal codes of Canada) area_code 418 and 581 (Area codes 418 and 581) blank_name Highways blank_info '''Sainte-Thècle''' is a Canadian municipality located in the province of Quebec


beautiful quot

is one of the finest religious heritage of La Mauricie and Quebec. * Cemetery of upper village, located behind the church. It features the "Stations of the Cross" carved in stone, a beautiful "calvaire" and many old monuments remembering our ancestors. * Public landing site on the shore of Lac-du-Jésuite (Lake Jesuit), in the southern part of the lake near the mouth. * Public landing site on the shore of Lac-aux-Chicots (located in rang St-Pierre-Sud, near the village


exceptional views

in the Mékinac Regional County Municipality, in the watershed Batiscanie (Batiscanie, Quebec) and in the administrative region of Mauricie. This municipality of 216 square km is particularly known for its resorts around the 55 lakes that dot the area. The forest and mountain scenery offer exceptional views for tourists and vacationers. Sainte-Thècle is also a paradise for hunting, fishing, snowmobile all-terrain vehicles and other outdoor sports. The church, rectory and cemetery


bravery

the workforce and bravery. Recognized as being laborious, bees inspire respect. In harmony with nature, their role is crucial in the eco-system. The red background shows solidarity and perseverance of this population throughout the difficulties of life and collective issues. The twig of maple branches in the background characterizes the beauty and symbolic value of this common tree in Sainte-Thècle. They evoke that many maple groves produced the legendary maple syrup. Maple leaf is also the emblem


dedication

kindness and dedication, recalling the life and accomplishment of Thècle, parish patron. Crown affixed over the heart evokes her sanctification. The second trifecta, colored in blue azure, symbolizes purity. The fir tree represents the timber industry that dominated the local economy with agriculture throughout history. This fir tree is planted on a hill, which indicates the highest point of the village, the site of the church. In the third trifecta, at the right of the shield, bees embody


published

". Chronicles on the history of Sainte-Thècle, appeared in French from 1973 till 1982 in the weekly newspaper "Dynamique" (published in Saint-Tite), written by René Veillette and Gaétan Veillette. School chronology * 1878: creation of the first "Sainte-Thècle school board" (Commission scolaire de Sainte-Thècle). The first meeting of the school board was held on March 4, 1878 in Théophile Magnan's residence. * 1915: Separation of the territory

;. Coat of arms of Sainte-Thècle Since the mid-20th century, the town of Sainte-Thècle uses this blazon trifecta that comes from the College of Arms of Canada. Its original interpretation was tinged with the spirit of Christianity. This blazon was published on April 14, 1958, in the regional newspaper "Le Nouvelliste" (published in Trois-Rivières (Trois-Rivières, Quebec), QC). On January 17, 1973, René Veillette summarized the original interpretation in a column on the history

of Sainte-Thècle, in the journal “Le Dynamique” (published in Saint-Tite (Saint-Tite, Quebec), QC). This interpretation has been actualized by the historian Gaétan Veillette in 2012. The golden triangle in the upper part of the shield symbolizes the saints and heroes of the history, whose example inspired morality and customs. Widely used in heraldic domain, the golden color means brightness, righteousness, faith, strength and constancy. At the center of the first trifecta, the heart means


quot year

census class "wikitable" border "1" ! Year !! Population !! Variation (%) !! Median age - 2011 - Private dwellings occupied by usual

Sainte-Thècle, Quebec

'''Sainte-Thècle''' is a Canadian municipality located in the province of Quebec in the Mékinac Regional County Municipality, in the watershed Batiscanie (Batiscanie, Quebec) and in the administrative region of Mauricie. This municipality of 216 square km is particularly known for its resorts around the 55 lakes that dot the area. The forest and mountain scenery offer exceptional views for tourists and vacationers. Sainte-Thècle is also a paradise for hunting, fishing, snowmobile all-terrain vehicles and other outdoor sports. The church, rectory and cemetery, located on the dominant hill of the village is a heritage of great interest. The agricultural and forestry industries have marked its history.

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017