Sahuarita, Arizona

What is Sahuarita, Arizona known for?


commercial+water

includes Sahuarita , with 85 percent of that water being used for mining and agriculture. The remaining 15 percent was split between water used for golf courses and residential commercial water use. The report explains that "The Green Valley area does not have a sustainable water supply given current groundwater pumping rates... the water table in Green Valley has been declining in past years, and is expected to decline even faster as water demands continue to increase ...". The report concludes that "Water supplies will become critical within the next ten years." recorded near Cortaro (Cortaro, Arizona). * September 1965: The following year, the remnants of Hurricane Emily (1965 Pacific hurricane season#Hurricane Emily) crossed into Arizona from Baja California. Any damage from the storm is not known.


work+representing

by the fact that the actual water in the aquifer is not owned by anyone, Population


work public

has Town zoning Since 2002, 30% of the land in the town is zoned


water

url http: travel.nytimes.com 2007 01 05 travel escapes 05atomic.html title Strange Love publisher New York Times accessdate October 24, 2007 first Henry last Fountain Water sustainability In the desert southwest, water sustainability is a major concern. According to a 2007 report by Pima County, of water was pumped from the aquifer in the Upper Santa Cruz Valley in 2006 in the report referred to as the Green Valley area, which

includes Sahuarita , with 85 percent of that water being used for mining and agriculture. The remaining 15 percent was split between water used for golf courses and residential commercial water use. The report explains that "The Green Valley area does not have a sustainable water supply given current groundwater pumping rates... the water table in Green Valley has been declining in past years, and is expected to decline even faster as water demands continue to increase ...". The report

concludes that "Water supplies will become critical within the next ten years." The Upper Santa Cruz Valley has several "major


green

: www.ci.sahuarita.az.us footnotes '''Sahuarita''' is a town in Pima County (Pima County, Arizona), Arizona, United States. Sahuarita is located south of the Tohono O'odham Nation and abuts the north end of Green Valley (Green Valley, Arizona), 15 miles (24 km) south of Tucson (Tucson, Arizona). The population was 25,259 at the 2010 census (2010 United States Census). ref name "FactFinder"

; These 130-year-old buildings remain intact, but they are scheduled to be demolished for a road expansion: "While some have said the 1 Stop and the shuttered Sahuarita Bar on the north side of Sahuarita Road were long-time fixtures that might deserve historic recognition, the longest-serving council

url http: travel.nytimes.com 2007 01 05 travel escapes 05atomic.html title Strange Love publisher New York Times accessdate October 24, 2007 first Henry last Fountain Water sustainability In the desert southwest, water sustainability is a major concern. According to a 2007 report by Pima County, of water was pumped from the aquifer in the Upper Santa Cruz Valley in 2006 in the report referred to as the Green Valley area, which


work site

Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields work Sahuarita AF Flight Strip, Sahuarita, AZ publisher Paul Freeman accessdate October 22, 2007 Cold


scenic views

. For several miles near Amado and Green Valley, the eastward view from I-19 provides scenic views of Madera Canyon and the Santa Rita Mountains in the Coronado National Forest. The vast majority of the county population lies in and around the city of Tucson (Tucson, Arizona) (2005 city population: 529,770), filling much of the eastern part of the county with urban development. Tucson, Arizona's second largest city, is a major commercial and academic center. Other urban areas include


22

; History Sahuarita was founded in 1911 and incorporated in 1994. Hohokam (200 to 1450) The first known human inhabitants of the Sahuarita region were the Hohokam people

for three decades. During this time, the hub of Sahuarita commerce was at the intersection of Sahuarita Road and Nogales Highway, in the form of the One Stop Market and Sahuarita Bar and Grill. ref name buildings>

is the largest in the world, with over World War II (1941 - 1945) During World War II, Sahuarita was home to the Sahuarita Airstrip which was used to train bomber pilots for service in the war. Camp Continental, a labor camp


quot major

concludes that "Water supplies will become critical within the next ten years." The Upper Santa Cruz Valley has several "major water


highly innovative

, which may be the ancestors of the modern day Tohono O'odham nation. The Hohokam were known for their highly innovative and extensive use of irrigation. The Hohokam were a very peaceful people, they had extensive trade routes extending to mesoamerica, and showed many cultural influences from their southern neighbors. Henry, P.; Bufkin, D: "Historical Atlas of Arizona". University of Oklahoma Press © 1979 Sobaipuri (1400 - 1900

Sahuarita, Arizona

'''Sahuarita''' is a town in Pima County (Pima County, Arizona), Arizona, United States. Sahuarita is located south of the Tohono O'odham Nation and abuts the north end of Green Valley (Green Valley, Arizona), 15 miles (24 km) south of Tucson (Tucson, Arizona). The population was 25,259 at the 2010 census (2010 United States Census).

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017