Podolsk

What is Podolsk known for?


quot historical

, Yegoryevsk, Zarayzk and Zvenigorod. The national register of "historical towns", first established in 1970, has been expanded to 478 settlements in 2002 - ''Decree of the government of Russian Federation of November 26, 2001 no. 815 "Federal target program on preservation and development of historical towns for 2002–2010" (Постановление Правительства РФ от 26 ноября 2001 г N 815 "О федеральной целевой программе «Сохранение и развитие архитектуры исторических городов


active service

lieutenant general soon after this, was not able to see further active service. He was also made adjutant general to the tsar and chief of the 53rd Volhynia regiment of his old division. For eleven years thereafter General Dragomirov was chief of the Nicholas Academy, and it was during this period that he collated and introduced into the Russian army all the best military literature of Europe, and in many other ways was active in improving the moral and technical efficiency of the Russian officer-corps, especially of the staff officer. In 1889, Dragomirov became commander-in-chief of the Kiev military district, and governor general of Kiev, Podolsk, and Volhynia, retaining this post until 1903. He was promoted to the rank of general of infantry in 1891. His advanced age and failing health prevented his employment at the front during the Russo-Japanese War of 1904–1905, but his advice was continually solicited by the general headquarters at St. Petersburg, and while he disagreed with General Kuropatkin in many important questions of strategy and military policy, they both recommended a repetition of the strategy of 1812, even though the total abandonment of Port Arthur (Lüshunkou) was involved therein. Dragomirov died at Konotop on the 28th of October, 1905. In addition to the orders which he already possessed, he received in 1901 the Order of St. Andrew. thumb The portrait of Dragomirov's daughter Sofia, by Ilya Repin (File:Sophia Dragomirova by Repin.jpg) Peter was tonsured a monk by Metropolitan Sergius (Patriarch Sergius I of Moscow) (Stragorodsky) and quickly advanced through the clerical ranks to be consecrated as Bishop of Podolsk by Patriarch Tikhon on October 8, 1920. Almost immediately, he was arrested and spent 1920-1923 in exile in Veliky Ustiug (Veliky Ustyug). Upon his return from exile in 1923, Bishop Peter became one of the prominent members of church government and a close ally of Patriarch Tikhon. In 1923 he was elevated to the rank of archbishop and in 1924 became a Metropolitan (Metropolitan bishop) of Krutitsy – a titular see in the vicinity of Moscow. In September 1812, Bronnitsy and Bogorodsk (Noginsk) became the farthest points reached by the French troops in Napoleon's invasion of Russia. After the surrender of Moscow on September 14 the main Russian Army retreated south-east along the Ryazan road, "cautiously" shadowed by Murat (Joachim Murat)'s cavalry. On September 17 Kutuzov (Mikhail Kutuzov) made a sharp westward turn to Podolsk; a small task force continued movement to Ryazan, impersonating the whole army. Murat missed Kutuzov's turn and did not discover the deception until he reached Bronnitsy. Although by September 21 Napoleon suspected the Russian maneuver, the French lost the track of the Russian Army for two days and waged a wide pursuit that culminated in the Battle of Tarutino. Murat's raid, accompanied with inevitable plunder and fires, was the last foreign incursion into Bronnitsy ever (World War II spared the town). "L'avan-garde se portera sur Bronnitsy, sur la route de Kolomna, si l'ennemi a laisse de monde sur cetter route; car, s'il s'etait porte tout entier sur la route de Toula, il serait necessaire que l'avant-garde manoeuvrat en consequence." - Napoleon's letter to Berthier (Louis Alexandre Berthier) dated September 21, 1812 in: Napoleon 1868, p. 223. Other historical towns of Moscow Oblast are Balashikha, Chekhov (Chekhov, Moscow Oblast), Dmitrov, Istra, Kashira, Klin, Kolomna, Mozhaysk, Noginsk, Ozyory, Orekhovo-Zuyevo, Pavlovsky Posad, Podolsk, Ruza, Sergiev Posad, Serpukhov, Vereya, Volokolamsk, Yegoryevsk, Zarayzk and Zvenigorod. The national register of "historical towns", first established in 1970, has been expanded to 478 settlements in 2002 - ''Decree of the government of Russian Federation of November 26, 2001 no. 815 "Federal target program on preservation and development of historical towns for 2002–2010" (Постановление Правительства РФ от 26 ноября 2001 г N 815 "О федеральной целевой программе «Сохранение и развитие архитектуры исторических городов (2002—2010 годы)»). Government of Moscow Oblast (2009, in Russian) ''Harakter obrascheniy grazhdan v obschestvennye priyomnye v iyule 2009 goda''. Moscow Oblast administration. Retrieved 2010-02-18. death_date May 23, 1996 birth_place Podolsk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union death_place Chechen Republic, Russian Federation Career and capture Rodionov was born in the village of Satino-Russkoye, near Podolsk, Moscow Oblast. Though he aspired to be a cook, he was conscripted (conscription) into the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation in 1995. Private Rodionov was deployed to Chechnya, he served in border troops (border guard) and on February 13, 1996 he was captured by Chechen rebels. They held him captive for more than three months. DATE OF BIRTH May 23, 1977 PLACE OF BIRTH Podolsk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union DATE OF DEATH May 23, 1996 Problems with production By its technological design, the T-37A was much more complicated than the T-27 tankette, which immediately caused complications not only at Factory No. 37 , but to its subcontractor – the Podolsk Electric Locomotive Plant, which was producing the hulls of the new T-37A’s. In addition, in 1933 the T-27 tankette was still being produced, which stressed the lack of adequate resources needed to produce both vehicles simultaneously. This only worsened the situation and slowed the introduction of the T-37A. The technology for producing stamped (stamping (metalworking)) cemented (cementation (metallurgy)) armor plates at the Podolsk plant was completely unrefined; the desired result had to be achieved using improvised and primitive methods. In the end, in the first half of 1933 the Factory No. 37 built 30 amphibious tanks (12 of which were T-41’s) instead of the 255 needed to fulfill the established plan.


small wooden

as the Obraztsov puppet theatre in Moscow. There’s a nice looking small white-stone church of the Resurrection of the Christ (1724) on Red street. But the greatest attention attracts a majestic Troitsk cathedral (1819-1832) with a powerful rotunda and the high beautifully decorated bell tower around which there were trading stalls, which have been taken down in early 1960s. It is pleasant to walk down Fedorov street, which is built out of small wooden houses. At the end of it, on abrupt slope of Pahra river, part of a cobblestone road which leads to the city park has been preserved. Along a city part of Warsaw highway (Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya and a part of Lenin avenue) merchant houses of the beginning of the XIX century can be seen. The largest part of a museum “Podolye” (ph. (27) 69 92 39, Lenin avenue, 47) is devoted to Lenin who spent several months living in Podolsk. Besides objects that were held once in hands of the leader of world proletariat, there are a few photos and documents, devoted to the life of the city in the beginning of the XX century. There is a Local History museum in Podolsk (PH. (27) 57 47 31, Parkovaya, 1), it is located on the outskirts of the city in manor Ivanovo, which belonged to manufacturer Bakhrushin. In an exposition there is a standard museum assortment, except for maybe a tusk of the mammoth. Instead, articles made out of bone in the early Iron Age are presented. The most significant part of the exposition is a collection of Singer sewing machines. In the same building the Museum of vocational training (TECHNICAL TRAINING COLLEGE) is located. The most interesting part is a hall where the products, made by pupils of the TTCs from all over the country, are exposed. Do Buy Eat '''Apriori''' Restaurant - Kl. Gotvalda 8, ph. (495) 540 50 40 '''Nihon''' (Chinese, Japanese cuisine)- Chehova 6, ph. (4967) 68 10 68 Drink Sleep Connect Go next WikiPedia:Podolsk


depictions

with a group of rival Chechens belonging to the Kakiyev's GRU commando unit in Grozny, resulting in five dead and several wounded in 2007. The six upper escutcheons are joint depictions of various smaller principalities and ''oblasts''. From left to right, these are: the combined arms of the northeastern regions (Perm, Volga Bulgaria, Vyatka (Kirov, Kirov Oblast), Kondinsky, Obdorsk), of Belorussia and Lithuania (Lithuania, Białystok, Samogitia


small white

as the Obraztsov puppet theatre in Moscow. There’s a nice looking small white-stone church of the Resurrection of the Christ (1724) on Red street. But the greatest attention attracts a majestic Troitsk cathedral (1819-1832) with a powerful rotunda and the high beautifully decorated bell tower around which there were trading stalls, which have been taken down in early 1960s. It is pleasant to walk down Fedorov street, which is built out of small wooden houses. At the end of it, on abrupt slope of Pahra


478

, Yegoryevsk, Zarayzk and Zvenigorod. The national register of "historical towns", first established in 1970, has been expanded to 478 settlements in 2002 - ''Decree of the government of Russian Federation of November 26, 2001 no. 815 "Federal target program on preservation and development of historical towns for 2002–2010" (Постановление Правительства РФ от 26 ноября 2001 г N 815 "О федеральной целевой программе «Сохранение и развитие архитектуры исторических городов


international association

- город Подольск publisher Twin cities international association date accessdate 2011-01-15 *Trier-Land, Germany *Vanadzor, Armenia *Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland There are also plans to sign sister city agreements with: *Beni Mellal, Morocco *Koper, Slovenia


hard quot

of staff (military) Chief of Staff of the 1st Western Army. * Kherson, Ukraine Fischer traveled to Ukraine in October and November 1932, for ''The Nation'', and was alarmed at what he saw. "In the Poltava, Vinnitsa, Podolsk and Kiev regions, conditions will be hard," he wrote, "I think there is no starvation anywhere in Ukraine now — after


largest part

river, part of a cobblestone road which leads to the city park has been preserved. Along a city part of Warsaw highway (Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya and a part of Lenin avenue) merchant houses of the beginning of the XIX century can be seen. The largest part of a museum “Podolye” (ph. (27) 69 92 39, Lenin avenue, 47) is devoted to Lenin who spent several months living in Podolsk. Besides objects that were held once in hands of the leader of world proletariat, there are a few photos and documents, devoted to the life of the city in the beginning of the XX century. There is a Local History museum in Podolsk (PH. (27) 57 47 31, Parkovaya, 1), it is located on the outskirts of the city in manor Ivanovo, which belonged to manufacturer Bakhrushin. In an exposition there is a standard museum assortment, except for maybe a tusk of the mammoth. Instead, articles made out of bone in the early Iron Age are presented. The most significant part of the exposition is a collection of Singer sewing machines. In the same building the Museum of vocational training (TECHNICAL TRAINING COLLEGE) is located. The most interesting part is a hall where the products, made by pupils of the TTCs from all over the country, are exposed. Do Buy Eat '''Apriori''' Restaurant - Kl. Gotvalda 8, ph. (495) 540 50 40 '''Nihon''' (Chinese, Japanese cuisine)- Chehova 6, ph. (4967) 68 10 68 Drink Sleep Connect Go next WikiPedia:Podolsk


actions

; During the standoff on the Chernishnya, Miloradovich had another person-to-person negotiation with Murat, while his own camp was filled with masses of French stragglers taken prisoner. Modern Russian historians criticised as indecisive his actions in the Battle of Tarutino ( ), when poor coordination of Russian columns met its match in poor discipline of the French camp, but to contemporaries like Glinka

and William Cathcart (William Cathcart, 1st Earl Cathcart) the battle was a clear success. Napoleonic Wars His own military genius blossomed during the Napoleonic Wars. During the 1805 Campaign, Yermolov served in the rear and advance guards and distinguished himself at Amstetten (Battle of Amstetten) and Austerlitz (Battle of Austerlitz). For his actions, he was promoted to colonel on 16 July 1806. The following year, he participated

in the campaign in Poland, serving in Prince Bagration (Pyotr Bagration)'s advance guard. He distinguished himself commanding an artillery company in numerous rearguard actions during the retreat to Landsberg (Landsberg (Ostpreussen)) as well as in the Battle of Eylau. In June 1807, Yermolov commanded horse artillery company in the actions at Guttstadt, Deppen, Heilsberg (Battle of Heilsberg) and Friedland (Battle of Friedland), being awarded the Order of St. George

Podolsk

'''Podolsk''' ( 183,000 (1974); 129,000 (1959); 72,000 (1939).

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017