,- the main food dealer of the Austrian military. From 1898 it was owned by Fülöp Grünhut grain merchant (Deák tér 2 also was his property). Since1940 the building operates as parish hall of the R. C. Sacred Heart Church. * Wikipedia:Nagykanizsa commons:Nagykanizsa
buildings of the town today. Its style is a mixture of secession and eclectics. On the Fő street-facade of the harmoniously coloured building, level with the attic, there is a tympan with the emblem of the Insurance Company. Going downwards from the top of the building under the playfully disegned balconies there is a sudden shift into a much more simple style. *
székháza url email address Sugár út 3 lat 46.4557 long 16.9922 directions phone hours price content *
Garden url email address Liget utca, Tripammer Gyula utca lat 46.4489 long 16.9957 directions near to MAORT Building phone fax hours price content on 4 ha is the grandest park of the town. Opened in 1896 in honour of the Millenium. The first part built on farms of Kiskanizsa neigborhood. The founder Gyula Tripammer, himself planted in the garden, and nursed him until his death. - Since beginning of the 20th century it was a very lively park:Í every Sundays Gypsy music, military music and confectionery attracted the audience. The park named officially to "Tripammer Garden" by Town Assembly in 1927. But the locals allways called it as "Sétakert". From 1930 started to reduce the area of the park, first built there the City Bath (Strandfürdő), and later to the construction of housing project MAORT also carved out some areas. - The ornamental ebtrance of its renovated in 2000. * Wikipedia:Nagykanizsa commons:Nagykanizsa
price content A local level monument building. * Wikipedia:Nagykanizsa commons:Nagykanizsa
merchant house. A U-shaped, one-story monument building with gable-roof. It was built around 1820. The street facade of its is closed with a triangular tympanum in middle part. In the central axis is an arched high, stone-framed gate with curb-stones so typical of merchant houses. The facade is decorated in fine simplicity. The hanging corridor of the courtyard facade leaning consoles. The ground-floor rooms ceilings are arched. The doorway part is arched and connecting to a three-arm
the architect István Medgyaszay, in 1927. The fascade fresco displays the scene from famous Hungarian plays. In 1930,-after Budapest,-this cinema was the second in the country in which showed sound films. The building in the mid-90s operated as a cinema. Now venue of exhibitions, theater performances, concerts and other events. *
, Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire *Edmund Gutmann, known Hungarian-Croatian wholesaler and industrialist Gallery Image:Nagykanizsa3.jpg Lake Csonakazo (boating) Image:Nagykanizsa1.jpg Deak Square Image:Nagykanizsa Vasember ház.jpg The Iron Man, the sign of the former ironmonger's shop on the wall of the House of the Iron Man Image:17 hosszusagikor.jpg The 17th eastern longitude monument erected by the Town Supporting Association Image:Nagykanizsa Inkey kápolna.jpg
. Services:Internet, (wireless), Television, Radio, Non-smoking rooms, Air condition, Tub in the bath * *
Austro-Hungarian ''kaiserlich und königlich'' (Imperial and Royal) monarchy period. He went to Vienna to study engineering, but he also took composition lessons while living there. He moved to the United States in 1909 and, after a brief stint working in a pencil factory, was employed as a pianist in cafés. He eventually founded his own orchestra and published a few songs, which, despite their limited success, brought him to the attention of the Shubert brothers (Shubert family), who in 1914 hired him to write music for their Broadway theatre shows. That year he wrote his first successful Broadway revue, ''The Whirl of the World''. The county borders Slovenia in the north-west and Hungary in the east, with about 30 kilometers of Slovenian territory separating it from Austria. The south-eastern corner of the county is near the town of Legrad and the confluence of the Mura (Mur River) into the Drava. The closest cities include Varaždin, Koprivnica and Bjelovar in Croatia, Murska Sobota and Maribor in Slovenia, as well as Nagykanizsa in Hungary and Graz in Austria. The Croatian capital of Zagreb is about 90 kilometers south-west of Čakovec. The first railroad in the county was built in 1860, connecting Budapest with the Adriatic ports of Rijeka and Trieste, and was part of the first railroad ever built in the present-day Croatia. The second railroad connected Čakovec with Mursko Središće and Lendava (Lendva) in the present-day Slovenia in 1889. The village of Kotoriba, located near the Hungarian border in the south-eastern part of the county, was the site of the first railway station building in Croatia. The railroad going through Kotoriba now connects Čakovec with the Hungarian cities of Nagykanizsa, Székesfehérvár, and Budapest, as well as several towns along the southern shores of Lake Balaton. * Wikipedia:Nagykanizsa commons:Nagykanizsa
'''Nagykanizsa''' ( ) is a medium-sized city in Zala County (Zala) in southwestern Hungary. It is also known in Hungarian (Hungarian language) as '''Kanizsa'''.
It lies not far from Lake Balaton at the meeting point of five routes. For centuries the town has been a connecting link. Goods from Slavonia were transported to Graz via Nagykanizsa, and the town played an important role in the trade from the Adriatic Sea to the Alpine (Alps) region, Vienna, and Budapest.