Mosjøen

What is Mosjøen known for?


family member

Kavadarci, Republic of Macedonia - MJF ENMS Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad Mosjøen, Norway - From south to north


international summer

. Its headwaters lie in the mountains of Børgefjell National Park at the lake Simskardvatnet. The river runs through the municipalities of Hattfjelldal, Grane (Grane, Nordland), and Vefsn. The southern parts of the river are sometimes called the river ''Susna''. The river flows north, not far from the Swedish (Sweden) border, and some of the minor tributaries come from Sweden. At Mosjøen, the river discharges into the Vefsnfjord. The Laksforsen waterfall lies along its course. Photo of the falls at flood


music school

. The Mosjøen High School receives students from the town and rural municipalities surrounding it. The Vefsn Folk High School is located in Mosjøen. The town has a department of the Open University. Many bigger events for children and youths take place in Mosjøen, among others the Toppen International Summer Music School and the Kippermoen Cup. Mosjøen is known for the famous Sjøgata with its 19th century wooden houses and piers. Other sightseeing spots are the Dolstad Church, the Town Park, and the aluminum plant. Name and coat of arms thumb left 350px The core of and the northern and north-eastern parts of Mosjøen. (File:Mosjoeen Byflata.jpg) Mosjøen was a part of the central farm Mo, from which the town has gotten its name. It has the meaning 'the sea belonging to Mo'. Earlier spellings are ''Mosøen'' (19th century) and ''Moesøen'' (18th century). Mosjøen's coat of arms was granted by King Olav V (Olav V of Norway) on 25 March 1960. It was composed by sculptor Arthur Gustavsson. Whilst the blazon is ''Sable, a cock (Rooster) Argent'', the cock is traditionally equipped with red—the so-called colour of armament—on beak, wattles, comb, and shanks. The cock represents watchfulness and fighting spirit. History thumb The English sawmills in 1870. (File:Engelskbruket.jpg) It is known that Mosjøen was populated already in 1600. Jæger, Claes-Henrik: Mosjøen i Norges Bebyggelse : Fylkesbindet for Sør-Trøndelag, Nord-Trøndelag og Nordland fylker, s. 725–732. Norsk Yrkesforlag, 1954. The earliest inhabitant known by name is Svein strandsitter, who lived there together with his wife and daughters in 1660. Since the late 1500s and until the 1820s Mosjøen was in the possession of the Mo family. They were wealthy farmers as well as shippers and traders, and in 1794 a family member received royal privilege to establish Mosjøen as a trade centre. In the 1600s and in the early 1700s, and especially following the 1645 Treaty of Brömsebro (Second Treaty of Brömsebro (1645)), when Jemtland was ceded to Sweden, several people from this province migrated to Trøndelag and Nordland. Many of these came to Vefsn and Mosjøen. In the 1860s a group of Englishmen, the "salmon lords", established The North of Europe Land & Mining Co., Ltd. This introduced the first industrial period in Mosjøen. The sawmill industry created "Klondike conditions" (Klondike Gold Rush); people came from everywhere in order to get a job, to trade, and so on, and salaries were relatively high. A rapidly growing town, Mosjøen received staple rights on 1 January 1875 and was separated from Vefsn as a town municipality on 1 January 1876. These privileges were granted by King Oscar II (Oscar II of Sweden) on 4 April 1874. A staple place, Mosjøen had the privilege to export goods directly to foreign countries. The most important town in the Helgeland region, Mosjøen became the headquarters of the German Nazi occupiers during 1940 and 1945. In 1945, after the Second World War, Mosjøen entered its second industrial period. Among the several industrial establishments was the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant. Mosjøen was again merged with Vefsn on 1 January 1962. Since 1998 the town has modern town status. Business and industry thumb A part of the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant. (File:Mosjoeen A-verk.jpg) thumb 19th century wooden house in Sjøgata (File:Mosjoen-2012-08-17-14-30 31.png). Mosjøen is one of the industrial towns in Nordland. Especially important is the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant, owned by Alcoa. Mosjøen's business sector contains both traditional and modern companies as well as a wide spectre of branches, including trade, crafts, banking, transportation, and tourism. The town is a commercial centre in the region, attracting customers from smaller neighbouring towns and from rural municipalities. Communications The European route E6 goes through Mosjøen. From Mosjøen, there are . Its headwaters lie in the mountains of Børgefjell National Park at the lake Simskardvatnet. The river runs through the municipalities of Hattfjelldal, Grane (Grane, Nordland), and Vefsn. The southern parts of the river are sometimes called the river ''Susna''. The river flows north, not far from the Swedish (Sweden) border, and some of the minor tributaries come from Sweden. At Mosjøen, the river discharges into the Vefsnfjord. The Laksforsen waterfall lies along its course. Photo of the falls at flood


century wooden

. The Mosjøen High School receives students from the town and rural municipalities surrounding it. The Vefsn Folk High School is located in Mosjøen. The town has a department of the Open University. Many bigger events for children and youths take place in Mosjøen, among others the Toppen International Summer Music School and the Kippermoen Cup. Mosjøen is known for the famous Sjøgata with its 19th century wooden houses and piers. Other sightseeing spots are the Dolstad Church, the Town Park, and the aluminum plant. Name and coat of arms thumb left 350px The core of and the northern and north-eastern parts of Mosjøen. (File:Mosjoeen Byflata.jpg) Mosjøen was a part of the central farm Mo, from which the town has gotten its name. It has the meaning 'the sea belonging to Mo'. Earlier spellings are ''Mosøen'' (19th century) and ''Moesøen'' (18th century). Mosjøen's coat of arms was granted by King Olav V (Olav V of Norway) on 25 March 1960. It was composed by sculptor Arthur Gustavsson. Whilst the blazon is ''Sable, a cock (Rooster) Argent'', the cock is traditionally equipped with red—the so-called colour of armament—on beak, wattles, comb, and shanks. The cock represents watchfulness and fighting spirit. History thumb The English sawmills in 1870. (File:Engelskbruket.jpg) It is known that Mosjøen was populated already in 1600. Jæger, Claes-Henrik: Mosjøen i Norges Bebyggelse : Fylkesbindet for Sør-Trøndelag, Nord-Trøndelag og Nordland fylker, s. 725–732. Norsk Yrkesforlag, 1954. The earliest inhabitant known by name is Svein strandsitter, who lived there together with his wife and daughters in 1660. Since the late 1500s and until the 1820s Mosjøen was in the possession of the Mo family. They were wealthy farmers as well as shippers and traders, and in 1794 a family member received royal privilege to establish Mosjøen as a trade centre. In the 1600s and in the early 1700s, and especially following the 1645 Treaty of Brömsebro (Second Treaty of Brömsebro (1645)), when Jemtland was ceded to Sweden, several people from this province migrated to Trøndelag and Nordland. Many of these came to Vefsn and Mosjøen. In the 1860s a group of Englishmen, the "salmon lords", established The North of Europe Land & Mining Co., Ltd. This introduced the first industrial period in Mosjøen. The sawmill industry created "Klondike conditions" (Klondike Gold Rush); people came from everywhere in order to get a job, to trade, and so on, and salaries were relatively high. A rapidly growing town, Mosjøen received staple rights on 1 January 1875 and was separated from Vefsn as a town municipality on 1 January 1876. These privileges were granted by King Oscar II (Oscar II of Sweden) on 4 April 1874. A staple place, Mosjøen had the privilege to export goods directly to foreign countries. The most important town in the Helgeland region, Mosjøen became the headquarters of the German Nazi occupiers during 1940 and 1945. In 1945, after the Second World War, Mosjøen entered its second industrial period. Among the several industrial establishments was the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant. Mosjøen was again merged with Vefsn on 1 January 1962. Since 1998 the town has modern town status. Business and industry thumb A part of the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant. (File:Mosjoeen A-verk.jpg) thumb 19th century wooden house in Sjøgata (File:Mosjoen-2012-08-17-14-30 31.png). Mosjøen is one of the industrial towns in Nordland. Especially important is the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant, owned by Alcoa. Mosjøen's business sector contains both traditional and modern companies as well as a wide spectre of branches, including trade, crafts, banking, transportation, and tourism. The town is a commercial centre in the region, attracting customers from smaller neighbouring towns and from rural municipalities. Communications The European route E6 goes through Mosjøen. From Mosjøen, there are . Its headwaters lie in the mountains of Børgefjell National Park at the lake Simskardvatnet. The river runs through the municipalities of Hattfjelldal, Grane (Grane, Nordland), and Vefsn. The southern parts of the river are sometimes called the river ''Susna''. The river flows north, not far from the Swedish (Sweden) border, and some of the minor tributaries come from Sweden. At Mosjøen, the river discharges into the Vefsnfjord. The Laksforsen waterfall lies along its course. Photo of the falls at flood


856

Haugen'' (TV 2 Norway) The village of Korgen is the largest village and the administrative center of the municipality of Hemnes. Korgen is connected by road to Mo i Rana, Mosjøen, and Bleikvassli. The .


largest

and to Trondheim. The E6 (European route E06) goes through the town. There are daily departures from the Mosjøen Bus Central, from the Mosjøen Railway Station (Mosjøen Station) on the Nordland Line, and from Mosjøen Airport (Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad) south of the town. There are both public and private quays in Mosjøen. The town's harbour is among the largest in Northern Norway. In the aspect of basic education, Mosjøen has both local and regional functions

, and ship. The town is served by the Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad, five minutes by car south of the town. Mosjøen Station on the Nordland Line has daily departures for Trondheim in the south and the county capital Bodø in the north. Mosjøen Harbour is the biggest port in Northern Norway. The aluminum plant has its own port. Tourism The following are popular sightseeing spots: * Sjøgata, a historic and picturesque street containing the largest concentration of 19th century

; these islands are usually mountainous, but with smaller or larger ''strandflate'' areas. The southern part of Norways largest island (apart from Svalbard), Hinnøya is in Nordland, as is the third largest island, Langøya. In the fjords, the coastal brim is much less developed: There might be a more gradual slope, with hills, towards the mountains, or no lowland at all. There are often valleys at the head of fjords (the fjord is an extension of the valley), usually with a river


working career

with: * Järvenpää, Finland * '''ENML''' (MOL) – Molde Airport, Årø – Molde, Møre og Romsdal * '''ENMS''' (MJF) – Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad – Mosjøen, Nordland * '''ENNA''' (LKL) – Lakselv Airport, Banak – Lakselv, Finnmark Career Eriksen was born in Sandnessjøen and grew up at Dønna. He started his working career in 1974 as an electrolysis operator at the Elkem aluminium


summer music

to Trondheim. The E6 (European route E06) goes through the town. There are daily departures from the Mosjøen Bus Central, from the Mosjøen Railway Station (Mosjøen Station) on the Nordland Line, and from Mosjøen Airport (Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad) south of the town. There are both public and private quays in Mosjøen. The town's harbour is among the largest in Northern Norway. In the aspect of basic education, Mosjøen has both local and regional functions. The Mosjøen High School receives students from the town and rural municipalities surrounding it. The Vefsn Folk High School is located in Mosjøen. The town has a department of the Open University. Many bigger events for children and youths take place in Mosjøen, among others the Toppen International Summer Music School and the Kippermoen Cup. Mosjøen is known for the famous Sjøgata with its 19th century wooden houses and piers. Other sightseeing spots are the Dolstad Church, the Town Park, and the aluminum plant. Name and coat of arms thumb left 350px The core of and the northern and north-eastern parts of Mosjøen. (File:Mosjoeen Byflata.jpg) Mosjøen was a part of the central farm Mo, from which the town has gotten its name. It has the meaning 'the sea belonging to Mo'. Earlier spellings are ''Mosøen'' (19th century) and ''Moesøen'' (18th century). Mosjøen's coat of arms was granted by King Olav V (Olav V of Norway) on 25 March 1960. It was composed by sculptor Arthur Gustavsson. Whilst the blazon is ''Sable, a cock (Rooster) Argent'', the cock is traditionally equipped with red—the so-called colour of armament—on beak, wattles, comb, and shanks. The cock represents watchfulness and fighting spirit. History thumb The English sawmills in 1870. (File:Engelskbruket.jpg) It is known that Mosjøen was populated already in 1600. Jæger, Claes-Henrik: Mosjøen i Norges Bebyggelse : Fylkesbindet for Sør-Trøndelag, Nord-Trøndelag og Nordland fylker, s. 725–732. Norsk Yrkesforlag, 1954. The earliest inhabitant known by name is Svein strandsitter, who lived there together with his wife and daughters in 1660. Since the late 1500s and until the 1820s Mosjøen was in the possession of the Mo family. They were wealthy farmers as well as shippers and traders, and in 1794 a family member received royal privilege to establish Mosjøen as a trade centre. In the 1600s and in the early 1700s, and especially following the 1645 Treaty of Brömsebro (Second Treaty of Brömsebro (1645)), when Jemtland was ceded to Sweden, several people from this province migrated to Trøndelag and Nordland. Many of these came to Vefsn and Mosjøen. In the 1860s a group of Englishmen, the "salmon lords", established The North of Europe Land & Mining Co., Ltd. This introduced the first industrial period in Mosjøen. The sawmill industry created "Klondike conditions" (Klondike Gold Rush); people came from everywhere in order to get a job, to trade, and so on, and salaries were relatively high. A rapidly growing town, Mosjøen received staple rights on 1 January 1875 and was separated from Vefsn as a town municipality on 1 January 1876. These privileges were granted by King Oscar II (Oscar II of Sweden) on 4 April 1874. A staple place, Mosjøen had the privilege to export goods directly to foreign countries. The most important town in the Helgeland region, Mosjøen became the headquarters of the German Nazi occupiers during 1940 and 1945. In 1945, after the Second World War, Mosjøen entered its second industrial period. Among the several industrial establishments was the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant. Mosjøen was again merged with Vefsn on 1 January 1962. Since 1998 the town has modern town status. Business and industry thumb A part of the Mosjøen Aluminum Plant. (File:Mosjoeen A-verk.jpg) File:Mosjoen-2012-08-17-14-30 31.png thumb 19th century wooden


largest concentration

, and ship. The town is served by the Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad, five minutes by car south of the town. Mosjøen Station on the Nordland Line has daily departures for Trondheim in the south and the county capital Bodø in the north. Mosjøen Harbour is the biggest port in Northern Norway. The aluminum plant has its own port. Tourism The following are popular sightseeing spots: * Sjøgata, a historic and picturesque street containing the largest concentration of 19th century


industry+created

industry created "Klondike conditions" (Klondike Gold Rush); people came from everywhere in order to get a job, to trade, and so on, and salaries were relatively high. A rapidly growing town, Mosjøen received staple rights on 1 January 1875 and was separated from Vefsn as a town municipality on 1 January 1876. These privileges were granted by King Oscar II (Oscar II of Sweden) on 4 April 1874. A staple place, Mosjøen had the privilege to export goods directly to foreign countries

Mosjøen

'''Mosjøen''' (Southern Sami: ''Mussere'')

Together with Mo i Rana and Narvik, Mosjøen is one of the industrial towns in Nordland. The Mosjøen Aluminum Plant, owned by Alcoa, is among the biggest in Europe and traditionally the town's cornerstone enterprise. Additionally, the town has a business sector that includes trade, crafts, banking, transportation, and tourism. The town attracts customers from the whole region.

Mosjøen is a centre of communications in Helgeland. From Mosjøen, there are to Trondheim. The E6 (European route E06) goes through the town. There are daily departures from the Mosjøen Bus Central, from the Mosjøen Railway Station (Mosjøen Station) on the Nordland Line, and from Mosjøen Airport (Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad) south of the town. There are both public and private quays in Mosjøen. The town's harbour is among the largest in Northern Norway.

In the aspect of basic education, Mosjøen has both local and regional functions. The Mosjøen High School receives students from the town and rural municipalities surrounding it. The Vefsn Folk High School is located in Mosjøen. The town has a department of the Open University. Many bigger events for children and youths take place in Mosjøen, among others the Toppen International Summer Music School and the Kippermoen Cup.

Mosjøen is known for the famous Sjøgata with its 19th century wooden houses and piers. Other sightseeing spots are the Dolstad Church, the Town Park, and the aluminum plant.

Search by keywords:


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017