Places Known For

water service


Bolinas, California

2008. 1967, the Bolinas Community Public Utility District was formed by the Marin County Board of Supervisors. It merged two local water districts, the Bolinas Beach Public Utility District which served the Big Mesa, and the Bolinas Public Utility District which served the Downtown and Little Mesa, with the Marin County Sanitary District #3, formed in 1808 to provide sewer service in the downtown. The BCPUD provides water service and solid


Clinton, Massachusetts

in the filling of the Wachusett Reservoir in 1908. This flooded a substantial portion of Clinton and neighboring towns, which had to be relocated. A noteworthy feature of the Boston metropolitan public water service was begun in 1896 in the Wachusett lake reservoir at Clinton. The basin excavated there by ten years of labour, lying 385 ft. above high-tide level of Boston harbour, had a capacity of 63,068,000,000 gallons of water and was the largest municipal reservoir


Coffeyville, Kansas

or from the lake. A number of animals were found dead or injured in flood areas, covered with oil. By July 2, areas east of Patterson Street in Coffeyville were off limits, and a curfew was enacted in other areas of the city. On July 3, the city lost its supply of potable water, but the water service was restored and the order to boil water rescinded on July 7. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Red Cross came to aid residents, and the governor and president declared


Malton, Ontario

" '''Toronto Aerodrome''', also known as '''Canadian Air Express Airport''' was an aerodrome located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. One of the historical airfields of Canada, operated from 1928 to 1939, it was situated at the current Downsview subway station (Downsview (TTC)) on Dufferin Street and Sheppard Avenue West. Early Airfields Toronto Aerodrome was one of the several small airfields, which were established in the Toronto area during the 1920s and 1930s. This aerodrome served as the principal custom entry point for aircraft (airport of entry) coming to Toronto until 1939, when Malton (Malton, Ontario) airfield, now Toronto Pearson International Airport, became operational. The aerodrome shared the site with the '''Toronto Flying Club''' (located at Dufferin Street and Wilson Avenue). The Toronto Flying Club's site is now the south end of Downsview Airport, TTC Wilson Complex and parts of the residential neighbourhood of Wilson Heights. However he had no good idea how to accomplish this, so he approached Ferranti, who had recently met with the DRB. Instead of the cash-strapped DRB, Belyea offered funding directly from the Navy itself. As Belyea was a lieutenant, he only had authority to approve contracts up to CAN$5,000. As a cunning solution, Belyea put out several contracts under different names all to Ferranti. This solution pleased everyone and the DATAR project was born in 1949, Ferranti setting up a new shop under the direction of Kenyon Taylor in Malton (Malton, Ontario) near the Avro Canada plants. At about this time, the former Victory Aircraft plants in Malton (Malton, Ontario) were being converted into the new A.V. Roe Canada (Avro Canada) plants. In the spring of 1946 the government decided to turn all engine development over to private industry, and sold Turbo Research to Avro. Paul Dillworth remained as chief engineer of the newly christened '''Gas Turbine Division''', which was moved to Avro's plant just outside what is today Toronto Pearson International Airport. 1. Malton, Ontario (Moth) — currently Toronto Pearson International Airport 1. Malton, Ontario (Anson) — currently Toronto Pearson International Airport


Stratford, Ontario

Station and ran on a route through Stratford, Ontario, Port Huron (Port Huron, Michigan), Flint (Flint, Michigan), Lansing (Lansing, Michigan), and Battle Creek, Michigan and South Bend, Indiana. The route between Battle Creek and Port Huron is still served by Amtrak trains 365 and 364 now called the '''''Blue Water''''' service. '''''The Maple Leaf''''' name was later applied to a joint Lehigh Valley Railroad Canadian National overnight service between New York


CancĂșn

the United Nations Climate Change Conference (2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference) in CancĂșn, Mexico with fellow Liberal Democrat, then Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Chris Huhne. "Tuition fees: How Liberal Democrat MPs voted", ''BBC News'', accessed 14 12 2010 * Drinking water service, a joint venture with the French company Ondeo which is concentrated in several Mexican


Crawley

Water ; areas in the north of the town around Gatwick Airport are provided by Sutton & East Surrey Water; and South East Water supplies Maidenbower.


Uruguay

for power (electricity) exchange with Uruguay at Uruguaiana. This facility, which was built by Toshiba, can transfer a maximum power of 53.9 megawatts. The applied DC (direct current) voltage is 17.9 kV (kilovolt). In some federal countries there are water service providers covering most or all cities and towns in an entire state, such as in all states of Brazil and some states in Mexico (see Water supply and sanitation in Mexico). In England and Wales, water supply


Northern Ireland

and maintained by Northern Ireland Water Limited (formerly DRD Water Service). The reservoir was built between 1923 and 1933 by a workforce of over one thousand men, nine of whom died. In Northern Ireland it holds a very colourful annual parade (Parades in Northern Ireland) in the village of Scarva, County Down on the 13th July (the day after the Orange Order's 12th July (The Twelfth) celebrations). It is commonly referred to as ''The Sham Fight''. The other major parade

Water logo '''Northern Ireland Water Limited''' is a water company in Northern Ireland. Formerly an executive agency (the ''Northern Ireland Water Service'') within Northern Ireland's Department for Regional Development, it became a government-owned company (Government-owned corporation) on 1 April 2007. The company provides 625 million litres of clean water a day for almost 1.7 million people as well as treating 134 million m 3 of wastewater every


Memphis, Tennessee

1949, currently carries double-track rail), the Memphis-Arkansas Memorial Bridge (Highway, 1949; later incorporated into Interstate 55), and the Hernando de Soto Bridge (Interstate 40, 1973). Utilities Memphis's primary utility provider is the Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division (MLGW). This is the largest three-service municipal utility in the United States, providing electricity, natural gas, and pure water service to all residents of Shelby County. Prior


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017