Places Known For

simple design


Ozumba

Reforma location Mexico City date 2002-11-16 page 8 language Spanish trans_title Ozumba shows off its Franciscan heritage The main plaza is a simple layout with an open area for concerts and other events and a kiosk of simple design. It is surrounded by stands offering street food such as tacos and quesadillas. However the most of the town’s activity focuses on the Nuestra Senora de la Inmaculada Concepcion Church with its large atrium (atrium (architecture)). Many come here to rest, and children are allowed to play in the area as well as to see the murals painted in the side entrance. thumb Facade of the church (File:FacadeOzumbaChurch2.JPG) The '''Church of Nuestra Señora de la Inmaculada''' Conception began as a Franciscan monastery established in the 16th century. Only the side entrance and columns of the church date from the 16th century. The rest, including the church, dates from the 17th century to the early 18th century. This latter construction was due to the dilapidated condition of the original church, which was rebuilt, starting in 1696. The tower was constructed in 1717 by architects Juan Perez and Juan Ventura. * In 1990 or earlier a temple in Ozumba, Mexico was built by the Apostolic United Brethren. Andrea Moore-Emmett. God's Brothel. Pince-Nez Press: June 1, 2004. ISBN 1-930074-13-1 * A pyramid-shaped temple near Modena (Modena, Utah), Utah was built by the Righteous Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


Otumba de Gómez Farías

chapel with the interior of simple design and murals. The '''municipal palace''' is a sober Neo-colonial construction. The facade has two levels of arches with windows and ironwork balconies on the other sides. These details and the balustrade make the building appear older, but it was constructed in the 20th century. It was built this way to respect the colonial look of its predecessor. ref name "hinojosa


San Andrés Cholula, Puebla

and auditorium in what used to be the cemetery. The church has an east west orientation and is classified as a single name with a polygon apse. The nave has three sections with the area over the presbytery the highest. It also has a sacristy. The main portal is one of the highest in Mexico, made of grey sandstone with a relatively simple design. Figures sculpted are delineated clearly, and represent Franciscan saints including Saint Andrew along


Pinal de Amoles

- Pinal de Amoles year 2005 work Enciclopedia de los Municipios de México publisher Instituto Nacional para el Federalismo y el Desarrollo Municipal location Mexico language Spanish accessdate April 4, 2011 The town center consists of a very small plaza which fronts the local parish church of San José, dedicated to Saint Joseph. The San José Church was begun in 1770 and inaugurated in 1771. It has a simple design with a traditional pediment on its facade. On the right hand side, there is a bell tower with three levels. The town and the immediate surroundings have six main hotels, several of which also operate cabins in the nearby mountain areas. These include Hotel Restaurante "El Molcajete,” Hotel Restaurante “Mesón del Barretero,” Hotel Restaurante “Los Pinos,” Cabañas “Cinco Pinos,” “Hotel Plaza” and “Posada Real de San José.” Restaurants include Restaurante “La Cueva”, Restaurante “El Chino”, Restaurante “Chayito”, Restaurante “El Nopal”, Lonchería “Vanesa”, Tacos “El Mexicano”, Fonda “Pera”, “Fonda Chepita”, “Fonda Lucerito”, “Fonda La Güera”, Antojitos Mexicanos “Vicky” and “Restaurante Bar Mineros”. Local food specialties include cecina (cecina (meat)), pacholes (toasted sweets made from corn), tamales with cheese, gorditas, pan de pulque, barbacoa, wines and liquors made from various fruits, pulque and aguamiel. Because of its altitude and fairly abundant rainfall, the climate is primarily cold, with fog not being uncommon. It is surrounded by forests, canyons, arroyo (Arroyo (creek))s, waterfalls and green fields. The municipality thumb The municipality within the state (File:Pinal de Amoles en Queretaro.svg) The municipality has a total 198 communities which together make up a territory of 705.3698 km². The most important of these are Pinal de Amoles, Ahuacatlán de Guadalupe, San Pedro el Viejo, Santa Águeda, San Pedro Escanela and Bucareli. The municipality’s government is formed by a municipal president, and nine officials called “regidors”. The municipality borders the municipalities of Arroyo Seco (Arroyo Seco, Querétaro), San Joaquín (San Joaquín, Querétaro), Cadereyta de Montes, Jalpan de Serra and Peñamiller with the state of Guanajuato on the west. The municipality has no indigenous communities and only 42 people who could speak an indigenous language as of 2005. Population growth from 2000 to 2005 was 0.26%. Of a total of 198 communities in the municipality, 72 have a population of under fifty residents, with 37 communities of less than 100 and 82 communities of less the 500. Only seven communities have a population of between 500 and 2000 people. There is a very high percentage of people who emigrate from the area to large cities in Mexico into the United States in order to find work. This is particularly true for the small communities in the delegations of San Pedro Escanela, Ahuacatlán de Guadalupe and Santa Águeda. For this reason, the rate of population growth for the municipality has been very low, even though birthrates are relatively high. As of 2005, the population stood at 25,325.Over 93% of residents are Catholic. The municipality has 27 pre schools, 96 primary schools, 17 middle schools, one main high school in the municipal seat and three distance learning centers for high school level studies in Ahuacatlán de Guadalupe, San Pedro Escanela and Santa Águeda. About 1,600 people over the age of 15 are illiterate. A new educational space in the municipality is called the Centro Comunitario de Aprendizaje (Community Learning Center) where computer labs with Internet have been installed in areas such as Ahuacatlán de Guadalupe, Bucareli, Pinal de Amoles and Santa Águeda. The Instituto Tecnológico de Querétaro has a small facility at Pinal de Amoles. Most of the population lives in very small rural communities, many under 500 inhabitants. There are no notable social conflicts in this area, which is free of problems related to the illegal drug trade that afflict other parts of the country.


Bangui

. Handicrafts include woven mats and baskets, wooden utensils of simple design, carved stools, pottery, musical instruments, tanned skins, and wood products. The balafon, similar to a xylophone, is made out of the horns of animals. Innovative designs include butterfly wings stuck with gum on paper, and ebony and hardwood carvings of wood from the tropical region. Artwork also covers carved animals and human figures. The crafts center in Bangui


Yaroslavl

of Yaroslavl geraldika.ru: Stadtflagge von Jaroslawl; überprüft am 5 March 2010 was adopted on May 22, 1996. It is a simple design which simply depicts the coat of arms of the city (1995 version), which must take up at least one third of the flag's entire size, upon a light blue background. The whole flag is rectangular in shape. Politics thumb Yevgeny Urlashov (File:urlashov.jpg), former Mayor of Yaroslavl The local government


Taichung

they have on display include outline shapes of Taiwan, stars and various animals, like cats. Getting more complex, some of the outlines have words such as 'Taiwan' and people's names inside them in either Chinese or English. The owner of the stand has a pad of paper you can use to draw what you'd like your souvenir to look like. Some people just choose to have them make one with their Chinese or English name, but they can make any kind of simple design you can draw and they'll twist it together


Normandy

"CD" Puerto Rican Servicewomen in Defense of the Nation The simple design of the Welbike meant that it was easy and quick to produce and from 1942 went into full production for issue to airborne forces. By 1943 it was also being widely used by ground assault forces, including the Commandos and the Royal Marines Commando units, particularly for beach landings at Anzio and Normandy. The small size of the Welbike meant that it also proved very useful as a general airfield transport by the Royal Air Force and aircrews based in the large Far East airfields would 'stow away' a Welbike if they could find one. His paintings can be seen in Venice, Milan, The Louvre and the Château de Gaillon (Normandie (Normandy), France). One of his better known paintings is the ''Virgin of the Green Cushion'' (c. 1507) in the Louvre (illustrated here). The Louvre: Virgin of the Green Cushion In 1507 Andrea Solari went to France with letters of introduction to the Cardinal of Amboise, and was employed for two years on frescoes in the chapel of his castle of Gaillon in Normandy. Demolished during the French Revolution According to Giovanni Morelli's suggestion ''Dictionary of Art Historians'': Giovanni Morelli , the artist may have visited Flanders before returning to his native country, and this may account for the Flemish character of his later work. Biography Ogilvie, the son of a wealthy laird, was born into a respected Calvinist family at Drum-na-Keith near Keith (Keith, Moray) in Banffshire, Scotland and was educated in mainland Europe where he attended a number of Roman Catholic educational establishments, under the Benedictines at Regensburg in Germany and with the Jesuit (Society of Jesus)s at the University of Olomouc and Brno in the present day Czech Republic. In the midst of the religious controversies and turmoil that engulfed the Europe of that era he decided to become a Roman Catholic. In 1596, aged seventeen, he was received into the Catholic Church at Louvain (Leuven), Belgium. He joined the Society of Jesus in 1608 and was ordained priest in Paris in 1610. After ordination he served in Rouen in Normandy where he made repeated entreaties to be sent to Scotland to minister to the few remaining Roman Catholics in the Glasgow area (after 1560 it had become illegal to preach, proselytise for, or otherwise endorse Roman Catholicism). Long Bennington Priory was an Alien house granted in 1462 to the priory of Mount Grace (Mount Grace Priory). Commons:Normandie


Havana

-neglected Chinatown in Havana, Cuba, received materials for its paifang from the People's Republic of China as part of Chinatown's gradual renaissance. Construction of these red arches was also financed by local financial contributions from the Chinatown community. Some span an entire intersection and some are smaller in height and width. Some ''paifang'' can be made of wood, masonry, or steel and may incorporate an elaborate or simple design. Production Zachary Sklar


NASA

accessdate 2007-06-18 A team of nearly 30 engineers, technicians and drivers operate the vehicle. NASA and Rocket Technology The simple design is also included in circumstances such as NASA’s space shuttle launches. NASA honed the idea in a different way

of model rocket building. The design of the toy is very simple, it includes a silver launchpad at the bottom and two metal rods that act as a bipod for the scaled rocket to launch. NASA and Rocket Technology The simple design is also included in circumstances such as NASA’s space shuttle launches. NASA honed the idea in a different way, they used the bipod system to create a launchpad for their rocket ships to launch off, it basically acted as a track


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017