Notre-Dame-de-Grâce

by the towns of Montreal West (Montreal West, Quebec), Hampstead (Hampstead, Quebec) and Cote St. Luc (Côte-Saint-Luc). In 2013, it had a population of 66,495. NDG plays a pivotal role in serving as the commercial and cultural hub for Montreal's predominantly Anglophone West End, with Sherbrooke Street West running the length of the community and providing the principal commercial artery. The community is roughly

most of the land stretching past Mount Royal to the northwest would have been a vast forest running the length of a long, narrow ridge known as the Saint Jacques Escarpment. The area that was to become Notre-Dame-de-Grace was founded along that ridge, near a since-drained Lac St. Pierre. The first Europeans to settle in the area did so eight years after the founding of the colony of Ville Marie, on November 18th, 1650. They were Jean Descarries (or Descaris) dit le Houx and Jean Leduc

), was a Quebec parliamentarian. In May 1912, the Décarie Boulevard was officially designated, running north-south from Cote-des-Neiges and the Town of Mount Royal in the north to Saint-Henri (Saint-Henri, Montreal) and Cote-St-Paul in the south (a section of the road was already known as Décarie Avenue). In 1908, the first tramway made its appearance in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, running around the north side of Mount Royal from Snowdon (Snowdon, Montreal) Station to the intersection


Huamantla

, but the city itself was not founded until the early colonial period, in the 1530s. It is mostly agricultural but it is best known for its annual homage to an image of the Virgin Mary called Our Lady of Charity. This includes a month of festivities, the best known of which are the “night no one sleeps” when residents create six km of “carpets” on the streets made from colored sawdust, flowers and other materials. The other is the “Huamantlada” a running of the bulls similar to that in Pamplona

). There are two main events during the months, creation of “carpets” from colored sawdust, flowers and other materials and a running of the bulls called the Huamantlada. The carpets are made constantly in the atrium of this image’s basilica and other churches from the 31 to the 15; however, 6 km of carpets are created on “the night no one sleeps,” that of August 14, working all night in preparation for the main procession with the image on August 15. Before the procession begins

Spanish url http: www.mexicodesconocido.com.mx vive-las-fiestas-de-agosto-en-huamantla.html accessdate March 24, 2014 The Huamantlada is held on August 19. The first event occurred in 1954 and has since grown in popularity. It is based on the running of the bulls in Pamplona (Running of the Bulls) and was originally called the “Pamplonada”. The first run had seven bulls which has since grown in number to about twenty five. ref name huamantlada>


Stinson Beach, California

: www.marinij.com westmarin ci_21585406 tsunami-zone-warning-signs-headed-marin-coast title 'Tsunami zone' warning signs headed for Marin coast Annual events On the second Sunday of June, the town serves as the ending point for the annual running of the Dipsea Race, the second-oldest foot race in the U.S. The California Road Club holds its Mount Tamalpais Hill Climb, one of the oldest bicycle races in the West, in early fall. Since 2002, the race has been held on the third

. Though backpack camping isn't allowed, a walk-in camp exists at the Pan Toll ranger station. Trailhead parking within Mt. Tamalpais State Park is available generally with a self-service fee. The scenic Ridgecrest Blvd. running along the ridgeline between the Rock Spring trailhead and Fairfax-Bolinas Road, with panoramic views of the summit, Pacific, San Francisco, Bolinas, and Point Reyes, is featured in many auto and other video and print advertisements, as well as being the local

in the Tamalpais Union High School District and communities served ." Tamalpais Union High School District. Retrieved on April 1, 2010. Mill Valley School District is the largest feeder for Tam, followed by the Sausalito Marin City School District and the Bolinas-Stinson Union School District. The '''Dipsea Race''' is the oldest cross-country trail running event—and one of the oldest foot races (Running) of any kind—in the United States. The 7.5 mile


Forest Lake, Minnesota

of its creation the area was said to have the most diverse wildlife population of any urban area of the United States * Forest Lake is home to St. Croix Forge, the leading horseshoe manufacturer in North America. * Running Aces Harness Park is five miles (8 km) from downtown Forest Lake. * Lamprey Pass Wildlife Management Area is located along Interstate 35, two miles (3 km) from downtown Forest Lake. This site is the oldest known Native American settlement in the state

the requirements to have one found at WP:BIO. In addition, every entry must have REFERENCED content in their bio showing a tie to the community either as a birthplace or residence. Please keep entries in alphabetical order by last name. -- * Rick Bayless (Rick Bayless (football)) 1986 All-Big 10 and Minnesota Vikings running back is a 1983 graduate of Forest Lake High School. * John Caddy, poet and naturalist is a resident of Forest Lake. * Arne Carlson, former Governor

city publisher Minneapolis Star Tribune first Paul last Levy date 2006-07-12 accessdate 2006-07-12 death_place near Forest Lake (Forest Lake, Minnesota), MN (Minnesota), USA (United States) occupation Former ice hockey


Template:Infobox military installation/testcases

Metstat Station Information Testcase 4 style "width:100%;" - style "vertical-align:top;" style "width:33%;"

-penetration bomb, running up its engines at Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, 1944. MH4263.jpg caption Avro Lancaster of 617 Squadron at Woodhall Spa type Royal Air Force station nearest_town Tattershall Thorpe, Lincolnshire, country England coordinates latd 53 latm 07 lats 54 latNS N longd 0 longm 11 longs 04 longEW W coordinates_type airport coordinates_region

RAF Woodhall Spa ensign 90px (File:Ensign of the Royal Air Force.svg) native_name image Avro Lancaster B Mk I (Special) of No. 617 Squadron, loaded with a 'Grand Slam' 22,000-lb deep-penetration bomb, running up its engines at Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, 1944. MH4263.jpg caption Avro Lancaster of 617 Squadron at Woodhall Spa type Royal Air Force station nearest_town Tattershall Thorpe, Lincolnshire, country England


Gravenhurst, Ontario

Gravenhurst (Gravenhurst, Ontario), ON (Ontario), CAN (Canada) Mitchell was born in Montreal, Quebec, and has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Carleton University (1972). Before running for public office, he worked for the Bank of Nova Scotia in Ottawa (Ottawa, Ontario), Toronto, Cornwall (Cornwall, Ontario), Elliot Lake (Elliot Lake, Ontario), and Gravenhurst (Gravenhurst, Ontario). Neville Nankivell, "Reform phenomenon heads

Sound, Ontario Parry Sound , Seguin (Seguin, Ontario), Lake of Bays (Lake of Bays, Ontario), McDougall (McDougall, Ontario), Georgian Bay (Georgian Bay, Ontario), Perry (Perry, Ontario) Plan #4 - line starting at Cornwall and head to Newington, then run through Smiths Falls, Perth, Glen Tay (Glen Tay, Ontario) and Actinolite (Actinolite, Ontario), then junction at Madoc (Madoc, Ontario) to the Grand Junction Railway, where running rights could be granted to Peterborough, more

running rights over the Midland Railway of Canada from Peterborough to Orillia, then another granting of running rights over the Northern & North Western Railway from Orillia to Gravenhurst (Gravenhurst, Ontario). Here, the company would built northwards and end east of the French River (French River (Ontario)) settlement. In the 1873, the Toronto, Simcoe and Muskoka Junction Railway reached Severn Bridge, however, as a result of the panic of 1873, further construction


Sussex, New Brunswick

immediately north of the town between Fredericton (Fredericton, New Brunswick) and Moncton. At the same time, a series of local roads in the Kennebecasis River valley were designated as Route 1 (New Brunswick Route 1), running from an interchange with the Trans-Canada at Sussex, southwest to Saint John (Saint John, New Brunswick). The creation of Sussex as a highway interchange in this post-war period led to some transportation planners in New Brunswick calling for the consolidation

International Boundary which had been recently decided in favour of the United States during the Webster-Ashburton Treaty of 1842. * The "Central Route"—surveyor unknown, running north from a point near Sussex (Sussex, New Brunswick), passing near Grand Lake (Grand Lake, New Brunswick), and north to Canada East. * The "Chaleur Bay Route"—surveyed in the 1840s by Major Robinson (Royal Engineers), running from "The Bend" (Moncton), north to Newcastle

, used by Route 2 until the Hugh John Flemming Bridge opened in 1960 Route 2 was one of the initial routes defined in 1927, Commerce Reports: A Weekly Survey of Foreign Trade, Thirtieth Year (1927), Volume 1: Nos. 1-13, p. 177 running from Quebec to Nova Scotia via Edmundston, Grand Falls, New


Downtown Portland

of spur freeways running through neighborhoods. The city and state embraced much of the plan. The loop Moses envisioned became Interstate 405 as it links with I-5 south of downtown and runs north across the Fremont Bridge. accessdate 2014-11-21 By the early 1970s, parts of Portland's central city had been in decay for some time. New suburban shopping malls in the neighboring cities of Beaverton (Beaverton, Oregon), Tigard (Tigard, Oregon), and Gresham, Oregon Gresham

. Because of its shorter blocks, walking is often preferred by the locals. TriMet, the regional mass transit agency, operates MAX light rail on two alignments in downtown, one running east west on Yamhill and Morrison streets and north south on 1st Avenue, the other running north south on 5th and 6th avenues. On the latter two streets, an extensive transit mall—known as the Portland Mall (Portland Transit Mall)—limits private vehicles and provides connections between more than

running out of room for expansion, beginning in 2003 OHSU announced plans to expand into the South Waterfront District (South Waterfront), formerly known as the North Macadam District. The expansion area is along the Willamette River in the South Portland (South Portland, Portland, Oregon) neighborhood to the east of Marquam Hill and south of the city center (Downtown Portland). The newly-constructed Center for Health & Healing (OHSU Center for Health & Healing) earned LEED


Katsina

is said to belong to Korau, and a large sword known as Bebe (the deaf one), which was captured on the battle field after the great victory against Sarkin Gobir Yakubu in 1795. The other item is the bachelor drum which is beaten by the Galadiman Katsina three times during the coronation of a new king. The palace chiefs were selected mostly from among the royal slaves and the palace guards. Their duty was to help in the day-to-day running of the palace. Among the earliest in this category included

blacksmithing, cloth weaving and dyeing, leather tanning, wood carving, farming, grain selling , salt trading, building e.t.c. The town chiefs were responsible for the day-to-day running of their respective areas on behalf of Sarkin Katsina. These chiefs could be categorized into three (3) groups. The first group comprised of the heads of the large and established towns like Maska, Gozaki, Kogo, ‘Yandoto, Karofi, ‘Yandaka e.t.c. The chiefs of these towns enjoyed autonomy in running the affairs


Bend, Oregon

of the professional cross-country ski team XC Oregon, which competes in races locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Bend recently has had success in landing major sporting events such as the 2008 and 2009 USA Winter Triathlon National Championships, the 2008 and 2009 XTERRA Trail Running National Championships, and the 2009 and 2010 United States National

Cyclo-cross Championships as well as the 2009 and 2010 USA Cycling Elite Road National Championships. A popular spot for cycling, Bend has over of mountain bike trails and is the home to the Cascade Cycling Classic, the nation's longest running stage race for road bicycle racing. Bend was recently named the top mountain bike city in Mountain Bike Action magazine. Bend features the Bend Roughriders RFC, a men's division 3 Rugby Football Club.

each spring with six legs that include alpine skiing snowboarding, cross-country skiing, biking, running, canoeing kayaking and sprinting. Bend is also home to the Deschutes County Rocks Boxing Team, a USA Boxing Program ran by Level III USA Boxing Coach Richard Miller who is also the Golden Gloves & Silver Gloves President. February of each year Coach Miller Hosts the Oregon State Golden Gloves Boxing Championship at Eagle Crest resort a two day event that highlights the best Olympic bound


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017