Places Known For

religious school


Japanese occupation of the Dutch East Indies

was led by the All-Aceh Religious Scholars' Association ( PUSA). The Japanese suffered 18 dead in the uprising while they slaughtered up to 100 or over 120 Acehnese. religious+school+in+Cot

+Plieng,+...&dq In+November+1942,+the+Japanese+found+themselves+putting+down+a+local+rebellion+against+their+rule+carried+out+by+the+same+Acehnese+who+had+removed+the+Dutch+to+make+way+for+their+arrival.+One+leader+of+a+religious+school+in+Cot+Plieng,+...&hl en&sa X&ei yydDU4riG6uG3AWk4oCIBA&ved 0CCkQ6AEwAA Martinkus 2004 , p. 47. The revolt happened in Bayu and was centered around Tjot Plieng village's religious school.

3NETAQAAMAAJ&q When+the+resistance+of+the+religious+school+of+Tjot+Plieng+in+Bayu+was+ended+in+November+1942,+over+100+Acehnese+were+massacred,+18+Japanese+died,+and+yet+another+conqueror+had+learned+the+penalty+of+trying+to+deal+with+Aceh+by+force&dq When+the+resistance+of+the+religious+school+of+Tjot+Plieng+in+Bayu+was+ended+in+November+1942,+over+100+Acehnese+were+massacred,+18+Japanese+died,+and+yet+another+conqueror+had+learned+the+penalty+of+trying+to+deal+with+Aceh+by+force&


Tyumen

While the state religion of the Russian Empire was Orthodoxy, this religion historically prevailed in Tyumen. In 1616, Trinity Monastery was established in Tyumen by Nifont of Kazan. In 1709-1711, this monastery was rebuilt in stone by the order of Filofey Leshchinsky, the first Metropolitan of Siberia. In 1761, the Tyumen Religious School was established. Overall, from 1708 to 1885, twelve stone Orthodox temples of different size, and two monasteries were constructed in Tyumen. During

Soviet times, two of the temples were completely destroyed, but the rest remained. As of 2008, most of them are accessible and returned to operational state. http: www.temples.ru tree.php?ID 2757 At the start of 2009, one of the destroyed temples is being restored to double size at a new location, and another is under discussion. Some operational temples are also under restoration. Tyumen Religious School was reopened in 1997. Other religions Despite Orthodoxy


Latrun

northwest of Jerusalem, and Almon (Almon, Mateh Binyamin) and Kfar Adumim in the Adummim area east of Jerusalem. The son of poultry vendors, he was educated at a religious school. In his teens, after initially joining Ze'ev Jabotinsky's Betar organization, he became a member of all three Jewish underground (underground resistance) military organizations in British Mandatory Palestine (British Mandate of Palestine): Lehi (Lehi (group)) (the "Stern Gang"


Point Loma, San Diego

Unified School District There is also a public charter school campus in the Liberty Station area which encompasses three high schools, two middle schools, and one elementary school, collectively known as High Tech High (Gary and Jerri-Ann Jacobs High Tech High Charter School). Point Loma educational facilities also include a K-12 religious school


Zenica

Chelebi's, Seymen and Jali mosques, a Madrassa (Islamic religious school), founded in 1737 and several lower primary schools, with interesting Ottoman tombstones, gardens, inns and several stopping inns for caravans. In one description from the year 1697, Zenica is compared to a delta of the Nile, where melons grow and where the entire landscape is very pleasant. It is estimated that Zenica had 2,000 inhabitants at that time; mostly Bosniaks, although Serbs and Croats are mentioned in documents at the end of the 18th century and, during the 19th century, sizable communities of Jews are also mentioned. Image:Smetovi.jpg Smetovi at winter. Image:Kamberovica_polje.jpg Kamberovića polje in autumn. The raids of Eugene of Savoy during the Great Turkish War during the 1680s are remembered as dark times which left a lot destruction and caused an exodus of population, but by 1697, Zenica had started to stabilise and to begin to recover its influential position. Austro-Hungarian Empire At the end of the 19th century, during the Austro-Hungarian occupation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, there were investments in capital projects that had wider social and economic importance, and were soon to become life and fate of Zenica. Those projects include a railway from Bosanski Brod to Zenica built in 1879, a Coal Mine (1880), Paper Works (1885), Steel Factory (1892) and a Prison (1886), all of which improved both the quality and quantity of city's development. In the beginning of the 20th century, there was an urban boom and the official State Register for the year 1910 shows that in only a few years the number of population had increased to 7,215 inhabitants. An Orthodox Church was built in 1882, two Catholic Churches in 1910, a Synagogue in 1903, several coaching inns, a hotel, a school, sewerage, paved roads and more. The city changed markedly in character during this period as might be expected during such a developmental boom. Yugoslavia thumb 250px right Older part of the town at night (File:Stara carsija.jpg)During the Second World War, the local population (predominantly Muslim) signed the Resolution of the Muslims of Zenica in May 1942, and formed Muslim militias in the villages of Šerići, Doglodima, Babino and other places who joined the Yugoslav Partisans. Zenica managed to escape major physical damage or large-scale reprisals and human casualties. Following the liberation of Zenica by the Partisans in 1945, the town began to grow rapidly as the steel industry developed further. The town spread to encompass the former villages of Bilino Polje, Klopce and Radakovo, and new apartment blocks were built to house the new miners and steelworkers. In 1948 the population was only 12,000 people, but by 1961 it had grown to over 30,000. In 1981 the town had over 63,000 people, and in the last census taken 1991 Zenica was a city of some 96,027 people. Zenica had seen a sixfold increase in its population over 50 years. Bosnian War In 1991, the year before the Bosnian War began, Zenica became the headquarters of one of the first private and independent radio stations in Eastern Europe, Radio CD-CEMP. In the spring of 1993, Zoran Misetic, a journalist and the owner of Radio CD-CEMP, was granted the Belgian Award for Independent Journalism: the "Pen Of Peace". On 19 April 1993, 15 civilians were killed and 50 others were injured, when a HVO Croatian Howitzer grenade landed in the market place of Zenica. The grenade was fired from the village of Puticevo, which is 15 kilometers from Zenica. A total of six grenades landed, in rounds of three. One round of two at 12.10 pm, one round of two shells at 12.24 pm, and one round of two shells at 12.29 pm. During this period Zenica was isolated from the rest of the world for a year and a half. The only hope was the market place. Zenica also claimed a lot of civilian casualties from sniper fire, fire fights and hunger. The fourth-largest city in Bosnia was dying of hunger, had no water and no electricity during that period and was unsafe. During the Bosnian War, the demographics of the city were to a certain extent altered by receiving a large number of ethnic Bosniaks from other parts of Bosnia, while the Serb population left for parts of Serb-controlled Bosnia. Today, Zenica is trying to regain the economic influence it used to have before the war. One of the biggest steel mills in South Central Europe has been privatized and now bears the name of the Mittal Steel Corp. Demographics Municipality population border "2" cellspacing "0" cellpadding "4" rules "all" width "50%" style "clear:all; margin:6px 0 0em 0em; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-collapse:collapse; font-size:85%; empty-cells:show" colspan "14" align center style "background:#778899; color:white" '''Ethnic composition''' - - bgcolor "#FFEBCD" !Year !Serbs ! % !Bosniaks ! % !Croats ! % !Yugoslavs ! % !Others ! % !Total - bgcolor "#fffaf0" 1961 20,369 24.15% 31,177 36.97% 20,509 24.32% 10,755 12.75% - -% 84,341 - bgcolor "#f5f5f5" 1971 21,875 19.45% 61,204 54.43% 24,658 21.93% 2,133 1.90% 2,577 2.29% 112,447 - bgcolor "#fffaf0" 1981 21,204 15.97% 66,930 50.42% 23,595 17.78% 17,536 13.21% - -% 132,733 - bgcolor "#f5f5f5" 1991 22,592 15.52% 80,377 55.21% 22,651 15.56% 15,651 10.75% 4,306 2.96% 145,577 - colspan "14" align center style "background:#dcdcdc;" ''' Town population border "2" cellspacing "0" cellpadding "4" rules "all" width "50%" style "clear:all; margin:6px 0 0em 0em; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-collapse:collapse; font-size:85%; empty-cells:show" colspan "14" align center style "background:#778899; color:white" '''Ethnic composition''' - - bgcolor "#FFEBCD" !Year !Serbs ! % !Bosniaks ! % !Croats ! % !Yugoslavs ! % !Others ! % !Total - bgcolor "#fffaf0" 1961 10,525 32.41% 5,908 18.19% 9,393 28.92% 5,517 15.31% - -% 32,476 - bgcolor "#f5f5f5" 1971 12,779 24.93% 21,365 41.68% 13,250 25.85% 1,945 3.79% - -% 51,263 - bgcolor "#fffaf0" 1981 12,728 20.02% 22,146 34.84% 11,716 18.43% 14,437 22.71% - -% 63,569 - bgcolor "#f5f5f5" 1991 18,488 19.21% 43,166 44.85% 15,917 16.54% 14,748 15.32% 3,919 4.07% 96,238 - colspan "14" align center style "background:#dcdcdc;" ''' Geography thumb 220px Fortress of Vranduk (File:Vranduk.jpg) Zenica is situated in the middle part of the River Bosna (Bosna (river)) from which the country takes its name, and stands at WikiPedia:Zenica Commons:Category:Zenica


Malton, Ontario

Lady of the Airways (closed in 2004) were transferred to St. Raphael's. The St. Michael's building was torn down, and Our Lady of the Airways was demolished in 2009. Private schools *The Khalsa School Malton is a fully accredited junior kindergarten to Grade 8 Sikh religious school, located on Airport Road next to the Malton Gurdwara. Development As of 2010, a new bus terminal was built on the corner of Morningstar Dr. and Goreway Dr. An overbridge at railway crossing on Goreway Drive has been started and will soon begin construction. Malton Route 107 travel times will be reduced once the Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) (Mississauga Transitway) transitway is complete. There is a Punjabi Indian shopping plaza in its final stages of construction at Drew Road and Airport Road. There are two new pools under construction at the community centre, two new ambulance stations on either side of Malton and one new fire hall. Victory Hall, home to WWII soldiers heading off to war, was completely renovated to launch it on its next 60 years. Five of the parks have been renovated with new features for residents of all ages. Notable people * Charles Allen (Charles Allen (athlete)), Olympic hurdler. * Greg Anaka, recipient of the Order of Canada in 1974; president of Malton Memorial Recreation Association. '''Toronto Aerodrome''', also known as '''Canadian Air Express Airport''' was an aerodrome located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. One of the historical airfields of Canada, operated from 1928 to 1939, it was situated at the current Downsview subway station (Downsview (TTC)) on Dufferin Street and Sheppard Avenue West. Early Airfields Toronto Aerodrome was one of the several small airfields, which were established in the Toronto area during the 1920s and 1930s. This aerodrome served as the principal custom entry point for aircraft (airport of entry) coming to Toronto until 1939, when Malton (Malton, Ontario) airfield, now Toronto Pearson International Airport, became operational. The aerodrome shared the site with the '''Toronto Flying Club''' (located at Dufferin Street and Wilson Avenue). The Toronto Flying Club's site is now the south end of Downsview Airport, TTC Wilson Complex and parts of the residential neighbourhood of Wilson Heights. However he had no good idea how to accomplish this, so he approached Ferranti, who had recently met with the DRB. Instead of the cash-strapped DRB, Belyea offered funding directly from the Navy itself. As Belyea was a lieutenant, he only had authority to approve contracts up to CAN$5,000. As a cunning solution, Belyea put out several contracts under different names all to Ferranti. This solution pleased everyone and the DATAR project was born in 1949, Ferranti setting up a new shop under the direction of Kenyon Taylor in Malton (Malton, Ontario) near the Avro Canada plants. At about this time, the former Victory Aircraft plants in Malton (Malton, Ontario) were being converted into the new A.V. Roe Canada (Avro Canada) plants. In the spring of 1946 the government decided to turn all engine development over to private industry, and sold Turbo Research to Avro. Paul Dillworth remained as chief engineer of the newly christened '''Gas Turbine Division''', which was moved to Avro's plant just outside what is today Toronto Pearson International Airport. 1. Malton, Ontario (Moth) — currently Toronto Pearson International Airport 1. Malton, Ontario (Anson) — currently Toronto Pearson International Airport


Kerman

. During this period of anarchy, traveling within Iran had become dangerous. Having lost his wife in Hajj, he settled in Kerman while waiting for calmer conditions to return to Khorasan (Greater Khorasan). During the year he spent in Kerman, he was enganged in asceticism while agreeing to sweep the religious school for its keeper who provided him a room to live in. He married the keeper's daughter that year who was later to accompany him to Sabzavar. At this time, no one knew his

in Kerman while waiting for calmer conditions to return to Khorasan (Greater Khorasan). During the year he spent in Kerman, he was enganged in asceticism while agreeing to sweep the religious school for its keeper who provided him a room to live in. He married the keeper's daughter that year who was later to accompany him to Sabzavar. At this time, no one knew his real identity and degree of knowledge. *Isfahan: Tohid Street *Kerman: 1001 Shab Street, Emam Hossein


Antakya

Alawite attorney (attorney at law) in the region. Simon, Matter & Bulliet, 1996, p. 230. Al-Arsuzi was educated in a religious school and a primary school in Antakya and then received his secondary education in Konya. After completing his education, he


Tulkarm

of Tulkarm's lands were made part of a ''waqf'' ("religious trust") to support the al-Farisiyya Madrasa, an Islamic religious school in Jerusalem, located north of the al-Aqsa Mosque compound. Two-thirds of the village's farmlands were confirmed as part of this trust in 1354 by the deputy-governor of Damascus, Faris al-Din al-Baki. During Mamluk rule another wave of Arab immigrants arrived in Tulkarm from North Africa and nearby Nablus. They largely engaged in agriculture


Samarkand

; ref Nearby, in the center of the ancient town, a ''Persian style Madrassa (religious school)'' and a ''Persian style Mosque'' by Ulugh Beg is observed. The mausoleum of Timurid princes, with their turquoise and blue-tiled domes remain among the most refined and exquisite ''Persian architecture''. Hugh Kennedy, "The Great Arab Conquests: How the Spread

sanctuary of Ahmed Yasawi in present-day Kazakhstan and culminated in Timur's mausoleum Gur-e Amir in Samarkand. Timur's Gur-I Mir, the 14th-century mausoleum of the conqueror is covered with ‘’turquoise Persian tiles’’ John Julius Norwich, Great Architecture of the World, Da Capo Press, 2001. pg 278. Nearby, in the center of the ancient town, a ''Persian style Madrassa (religious school)'' ref name "John

. Timur's Gur-I Mir, the 14th-century mausoleum of the conqueror is covered with ‘’turquoise Persian tiles’’ John Julius Norwich, Great Architecture of the World, Da Capo Press, 2001. pg 278. Nearby, in the center of the ancient town, a ''Persian style Madrassa (religious school)'' and a ''Persian style Mosque'' ref name "John Julius Norwich 2001. pg 278


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017