alt Red stone building with square tower. 100px Ash Priors Civil parish style "text-align:center;" 155 Taunton Rural District The feasibility study found that both through financial deliberations and the great assistance offered by Taunton Deane Borough Council (Taunton Deane), that Chairman Giles Clarke announced in April 2006 that the long term future lies at the County Ground. The project costs total approximately £60 million and will deliver a cricket capacity of up to 15,000. It commenced on January 17, 2008 ''Somerset begin County Ground work'' BBC News retrieved January 17, 2008 In order for the club to remain financially viable, the development is to be conducted in phases in order to allow cricket and other club business to proceed with minimal interruption. Also, in order to fit an international standard pitch on site, it is necessary to increase the boundaries: Early Education Chorley grew up in south-west England in an area known as the West Country, with roots in Exmoor and the Vale of Taunton Deane. He was a product of a local primary school and Minehead Grammar School. Later on, Chorley began studying Geomorphology as an undergraduate at the School of Geography at Oxford, where he went up to Exeter College (Exeter College, Oxford) after service with the Royal Engineers. Here he was greatly influenced by R.P. Beckinsale, who advised Chorley to go on to graduate study in the United States. He made a transatlantic move in 1951 as a Fulbright Scholar to Columbia University where he was a graduate student in the Geology Department and explored the quantitative approach to land form evolution. *South Somerset *Taunton Deane and West Somerset
the Red Stone Gorge, a canyon lined with grottoes containing carved ancient writing and Buddhist art. The town also contains an ancient pagoda. The Chinese dialect of Jin (Jin Chinese) is spoken in Yulin. Environment (Name unknown) was the wife of Helian Chang, an emperor of the Chinese (History of China) Xiongnu state Xia (Xia (Sixteen Kingdoms)). Very little is known about her—not even her name or when she was created empress. When the Xia capital Tongwan (統萬, in modern Yulin (Yulin, Shaanxi), Shaanxi) fell to Northern Wei forces in 427, she was captured, along with her mother-in-law, even though her husband fled to Shanggui (上邽, in modern Tianshui, Gansu). Nothing is known about her fate after she was captured. After Helian Chang was captured by Northern Wei in 428, Emperor Taiwu of Northern Wei married one of his sisters, the Princess Shipping, to him. The succession table below assumes that she was created empress when Helian Chang became emperor in 425, although that is obviously speculation. During Helian Chang's reign After Helian Bobo's death in 425, Helian Ding's older brother Helian Chang (who had replaced Helian Gui as crown prince in 424) succeeded him. Helian Chang gave Helian Ding more authorities than before, and Helian Ding quickly became one of the major generals that his brother relied on. After rival Northern Wei's general Daxi Jin (達奚斤) captured the important city of Chang'an in 426, Helian Chang sent Helian Ding south in spring 427 from the capital Tongwan (統萬, in modern Yulin (Yulin, Shaanxi), Shaanxi) to try to capture Chang'an. He became stalemated with Daxi at Chang'an.
of Jacob Keefer. The mansion sits on the highest rise in the city offering a commanding view of the community below. Built by Hugh Keefer in 1885, this red stone structure with elaborate gables and dormers has been variously used in the past as a residence, a hospital, and a private nursing home. Maplehurst was recently restored to its original condition and is currently known as the Keefer Mansion, a 10 room inn (Public_house#Inns) noted for its fine dining. '''Welland Mills''', at 20 Pine Street North, was constructed in 1846 on the bank of the second Welland Canal by Jacob Keefer and, at that time, it contained the largest watermill in Canada. The Keefers were entrepreneurs and are considered one of Thorold's founding families. At its height, the mill was capable of manufacturing 300 barrel (barrel (unit))s (89 tonnes) of flour per day and storing 70,000 bushels (1,900 tonnes) of wheat and 5,000 barrels (440 tonnes) of flour. Today, the Welland Mills building has been restored offering commercial space on the ground floor and residential apartments above. '''Beaverdams Methodist (Methodism) Church (Church (building)) and Burying Ground (Cemetery)''', on Marlatt's Road, was constructed in 1832. Beaverdams Church is the oldest Methodist Church still standing in Ontario. The first minister to preach in the chapel was Reverend Egerton Ryerson, who is largely responsible for founding the province of Ontario's education system. '''Soldiers' Monument''' is a war memorial monument that commemorates World War I (1914–1919), World War II (1939–1945) and the Korean War (1950–1953). Located in Memorial Park, at the corner of Albert and Chapel streets, it was unveiled on Sunday, October 30, 1921 and was erected by the citizens of Thorold to: "Honour the Memory of the Men of Thorold, who gave their lives for the cause of freedom in the great war, and in grateful remembrance of those who shared its dangers." '''The Old Public Library''', at 1 Ormond Street South, is one of 156 Carnegie libraries (Carnegie library) to have been funded in Canada. The building, designed by architect A.E. Nicholson, was opened in 1912. The library moved from here to its present home in Chestnut Hall in 1983. The building now serves as the Thorold Seniors' (Pensioner) Centre. Communities The '''Thorold Blackhawks''' are a Canadian (Canada) junior (junior hockey) ice hockey team based in Thorold, Ontario, Canada. They play in the Golden Horseshoe division of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League.
:''For the monastery, see Alaverdi Monastery.'' :''In Georgian culture, the alaverdi is the person granted the right to speak right after the toastmaster, see Tamada.'' ) is a town in the Lori Province at the northeastern part of Armenia, not far from the border with Georgia (Georgia (country)). With an approximate population of 16,500 inhabitants (down from 26,300 in 1989), Alaverdi is situated at the bottom of the Debed river gorge. The town is one of the important commercial and industrial centres of the district and the entire republic. It is located at the only direct rail link between Armenia and Georgia (Georgia (country)). Alaverdi was formerly known as ''Manes''. History thumb left General view of Alaverdi (File:Alaverdi111.jpg) Historically, the area of Manes-Alaverdi was part of '''Dzoropor''' canton of Gugark province of Greater Armenia (Kingdom of Armenia (antiquity)). Starting from the 17th century, the settlement became to be known as Alaverdi which is derived from the name Alvert which means red stone,probably this is due to the fact of copper mines exploration in the region of Alaverdi from ancient times. When the area was annexed to the Russian Empire at the end of the 18th century, a number of Pontic Greek miners were resettled in the area to start exploiting the copper, through the efforts of the Argoutinski-Dolgoruki family. Soon after, nearly a quarter of the entire Russian copper was being mined in Alaverdi. At the end of the 19th century, the concession to exploit the mine was sold to a French firm. During the Soviet rule in the 20th century, the town acquired its current socialist industrial appearance. After the independence, the metallurgical plant was privatized to become a major employer for the town and its surroundings. Alaverdi has many historical structures, including the 12th-century bridge of Sanahin. However, many other important cultural monuments are located in the vicinity of the town, including the monasteries of Sanahin, Haghpat, Kobayr, Akhtala (Akhtala Monastery), Khorakert, Khuchap, Ardvi and a basilica in Odzun. Industry thumb left Alaverdi Copper Plant (File:322 Alaverdi Usine.JPG) During the Georgian rule over Alaverdi region, the '''Alaverdi Copper Smelter''' was founded in 1770, by the order of Georgian king Erekle II. At the end of the 19th century, the region was flourished through the growing Russian and French investments in metallurgical business. In 1903, the amount of copper produced in Alaverdi region made around 13% of the total copper production in the Russian Empire. By the end of 1909, the hydropower plant of Debed river was inaugurated in order to provide the developing metallurgical plants with sufficient energy. During the Soviet (Soviet Union) rule, massive construction works were carried on in Alaverdi, including the surrounding areas of Sanahin and other villages. The Soviets made significant steps for the enlargement of the metallurgical industry in the region, which has turned Alaverdi from a small industrial settlement to a modern town within Soviet Armenia (Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic). Recently, new plans were introduced for the expansion of copper production in Alaverdi smelter and the development of new copper mines within the frameworks of the "Armenian Copper" project. Around 500 job opportunities are secured by the copper factory. Education and religion thumb left The church of Saint Gregory of Narek (File:Ալավերդու Սուրբ Գրիգոր Նարեկացի եկեղեցին 02.jpg) The first educational centre in the area of Alaverdi was the University of Sanahin, which was opened in 966 AD by the efforts of the Bagratuni (Bagratuni Dynasty) queen Khosrovanush. The town is one of the important educational centres in Lori. As of 2009, 10 public education schools are operating in Alaverdi with nearly 2,000 students, and 6 nursery schools with more than 400 kids. The State College of Alaverdi offers an opportunity in pedagogical studies with a duration of two years, while the ''Tumanynan'' branch of the Northern University offers
name axbridgerd - alt Small stone building with arched doorway. The church is partially obscured by trees. 100px (File:St Philips & St James Church. Burtle - geograph.org.uk - 117490.jpg) Burtle Civil parish style "text-align:center;" 388 Bridgwater Rural District '''Broomfield''' is a village and civil parish in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, England, situated about five miles north of Taunton. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 224. The village falls within the Non-metropolitan district of Sedgemoor, which was formed on 1 April 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972, having previously been part of Bridgwater Rural District, A Vision of Britain Through Time : Bridgwater Rural District which is responsible for local planning (planning permission) and building control (Building regulations in the United Kingdom), local roads, council housing, environmental health, markets and fairs, refuse collection and recycling, cemeteries and crematoria, leisure services, parks, and tourism.
-Vörösberény, Baroque, part of the ensemble of the Vorosberen monastery today operated hotel in the monastery), St. Emeric's Church (Roman Catholic parish church, built in 1930 on the basis of plans of István Medgyasszay, mixed architectures,-transylvanian and the red stone). - Holy Right Chapel ( in 1956 moved to here from Buda Castle, must see the Miksa Roth's golden mosaic depicting St Stephen and a fragment of St Stephen's right hand, the relics of Prince St. Imre and his motherHappy (Bavaria
built in 1860, neogothic style. Former called Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church. The base is built of sandstone. The frame and stairs of the entrance carved red stone of Balatonalmádi. In niches of the main facade are Virgin Mary, St. Stephen and St. Emeric sculptures. The Heart of Jesus and Our Lady of Lourdes twinchapels built in 1885. Mobilphone +36 20 8232674 Museums *
alongside the square. It was completed under the reign of the Almohad Caliph Yaqub al-Mansur (1184-1199), and has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. The mosque is made of red stone and brick and measures wide. The minaret was designed to prevent a person at the top of the tower from viewing activity within the king's harems. The Umayyad-style minaret is constructed from sandstone
ft tall, it was the tallest structure in Beirut at the time of its completion. It was built of Beiruti sandstone, Jounieh limestone, Damascene (Damascus) Basalt and Deir el Qamar red stone. The clock tower's 300 kg bell, suspended on the third floor was accessible by a set of 125 cast iron steps inside the tower's 4 by shaft. This floor has four miniature neo-orientalist style balconies topped by the four large French made clock faces which
The Hebrew (Hebrew language) odem (translated sardius), the first stone in the High Priest's breastplate (Hoshen), was a red stone, probably sard but perhaps red jasper. thumb right Necklace with gold beads and carnelian beads, Cyprus Cypriot (File:Cornelian necklace BM GR1897.4-1.623.jpg) artwork with Mycenaean (Helladic period) inspiration, ca. 1400–1200 BC. From Enkomi. British Museum Yet Manuel's attention