be seen under the statue of the Lady of Carmel. According to professor Grga Gamulin the painting shows signs of 18th-century Venetian painting resembling Piazzetto and Benkovic. The painting on either side of the statue were made by the amateur painter Frano Kaer from Makarska in 1848. In 1679 the bishop carries out sacraments in this church which might indicate that it was in better shape than the church of St. Peter. In 1687 there is a mention of the priest of the church of the Lady of Carmel which would indicate that the priest’s house had already been built. Names of some of the priests are also known. For instance, father Petar Milošević from Popova died in 1753 and was succeeded by father Luca Giovanelli, who on the 22 February 1758 informed the senate to find a replacement as he will be departing, leaving the keys of the church and house to the chancellor D'Agostino. Bishop’s visitations in 1802 and 1805 make no mention of the church which suggests it was not in use. After the fall of the Republic of Ragusa, the priest uses it as the primary school as can be found in the city records of 1836. In 1848 the church was repaired and put back into use. In the spring of 1850 it was thoroughly renovated and its walls were made higher. An altar in the renaissance style, although built after that period, was brought form the old church of St. Peter in 1857. That altar is there today as the altar of St. Anthony. There is a baroque relief depicting a cross with whips on the outer back wall of the church. The town council built a dome on the church and installed a public clock and was responsible for its accuracy following a contract signed in 1874. Church of St. Roko thumb right St. Roko in Trpanj. (File:Trpanj Stroko.jpg) The church of St. Roko (Roch), protector from leprosy, was built in the first half of the 17th century over the remains of an older church on the highest hill overlooking Trpanj and the Neretva channel. The 1621 bishop’s visitation does not mention the church whereas the 1679 visitation notes that the bishop inspected the church and noted that there is a new painting of St. Roko in it. In 1684 the Trpanj born bishop Natali forbaded mass services because the church was not properly equipped. Around 1700 the town people planted olives around the church and surrounded it by a fence wall. When in 1739 the children’s cemetery became full in the town church, a cemetery for children was made in the church of St. Roko. Bishop Milković in his 1751 visit notes that the church has a well equipped altar, a good silver chalice, and all other items of cult. The altar was built in the neo-renaissance style and ha two small statues: St. Roko and Lady of Health. The older statue of St. Roko was replaced in 1897 by a new 90 cm one brought from St. Ulrich for 300 florins. The space between the altar and the walls is covered on both ides by two paintings. The one on the right shows the pope St. Sylvester baptizing Constantine the Great and the left shows St. Blaise holding Dubrovnik in his arm and Trpanj in the background. Both of these copies of older paintings were done by Frano Ferenca. The bell for the church was made in 1804. During the epidemic of cholera in Metković, in 1884, the Trpanj townspeople vowed to repair the church and build a new bell tower. Hence in place of the older bell niche a bell tower was built in the neo-Roman style and at the same time a space in front of the church was built and surrounded by a wall. All work was completed by 1895. Church of St. Anthony An inscription above the church states that it was built as a result of a vow made by Antonio Simonetti. His son, father Antun, was the priest of Vručica from 1731 to 1749. Antun Sr. owned stocks in several ships along with his brother. The church has a baroque altar with a painting above of no artistic value as it is a copy by the amateur painter Ilija Antunovic from 1960 of a previous damaged painting. From the bishop's visitation in 1751 it states that the church is fully equipped with a silver chalice, two chandeliers, a lamp and two bells. In 1845 the brotherhood of Forgiveness was founded and took the church as its chapel. The mosaic on the floor dates from that period as can be seen from the inscription that reads 1847. Church of St. Nicholas thumb 130px right St. Nicholas in Trpanj. (File:Trpanj Stnikola.jpg) An inscription above the church states that it was built as a result of a vow made by the sailor Kleme Cvitanovic in 1840. The inscription also says in Croatian: “buduci da ga bili pokrili valovi, od smrti osloboden” meaning “delivered from death having been covered by the waves sea .” Kleme Cvitanović (1799–1877) was born in Drasnica not far from Makarska but married Frana Iveta from Trpanj and relocated there. He was owner of 9 stocks of the Peljesac Maritime Association (1867–1869) and of the house called Vatican. He had no inheritors, so he left all possessions to his wife’s family and they in turn left the church to the Trpanj mother church. The church has a wooden altar, with St. Nicholas and St. Liberan. The church has a bell niche. The last restoration dates from 1988. This church, dedicated to the protector of sailors, was built at the onset of the golden age of Trpanj’s sail boats specializing in mall coastal commerce. The chapel of the lady of Grace On the small hill to the left of the church of St. Peter and Paul, is the smallest church in Trpanj referred to by the locals as the chapel. From the outside it is only 213 cm long and 158 cm wide. It was built by Franić Nesanović-Jura in 1865. The association for the improvement of the town began the construction of a staircase in 1936. An observatory in front of the church fenced by a stone colonnade was completed by 1940. The cemetery thumb 140px right Tomb by Rendić. (File:TombbyIvanRendic.jpg) thumb 150px left Tomb by Bilinić. (File:StatuebyPavleBilinic.jpg) A new cemetery was built based on a the winning design from a competition in a Vienna newspaper. The care with which the cemetery was built is a testament to the respect the Trpanj populace paid to its ancestors. Nikola Jerić, who was the chairman of the council in charge of the construction of the new cemetery, is credited with the current appearance of the cemetery. The town council decided on 25 January 1900 to set aside 1,956 crowns for the new cemetery, and that the first 10 plots be sold at public auction for 120 crowns. All other plots were to cost 24 crowns. The statue above the Tere Ferri tomb is of particular interest as it is the work of Ivan Rendić from 1903. The Narodni List (the national Paper) in its no.89 edition from 7 November 1903 describes the marble work of art as both artistically pleasing and patriotic, as it displays elements from Croatian folklore. Other notable monuments can be found in the cemetery, in particular statues from the workshop of Pavle Bilinić in Split (Split (city)). The town council decided on 20 December 1902 to forbid further burials in the old cemetery of St. Peter. On 15 June 1906 the construction of the chapel of the Holy Cross began on the site of the new cemetery. The chapel roof was badly constructed and the chapel suffered from humidity requiring restorations in 1924 as its interior had seriously degraded. Further renovations were carried out in 2000 with the inclusion of a communal repository for the remains of bones transported from the old cemetery. thumb left Ragusan Family Bassegli-Gučetić. (File:Family Bassegli-Gozze.jpg) Municipality The list of inhabited places with their respective populations in the Trpanj municipality, as of census 2001, includes: * Trpanj, 707 * Gornja Vrućica, 62 * Duba Pelješka, 54 * Donja Vrućica, 48 Economy Fisheries Fishing in Trpanj is an activity as old as the town itself. During the Republic of Dubrovnik, the fishermen were obliged to transport salt (Edible salt) from Mali Ston (Ston) to Neretva, for which they built special boats, called “solarica.” These were small boats with a smaller draft. By the decision of the Grand Council dated 26 April 1560 fishermen that transported salt were absolved from the very labor-intensive work in the salt evaporation ponds. By the decision of the Small council, no owner of a fishing vessel with nets could get a fishing permit if he did not have 12 sailors, 3 smaller boats and 2 night fishing lights. Fishing’s importance is evidenced from a letter from Matija Andricic who wrote to the Council in 1765 to be absolved from paying taxes that year as the total catch did not exceed 50 barrels. In the 18th century owners of fishing vessels were from the following families: Augustinović, Andricić, Balovi, Barbica, Barac, Bergando, Belin, Butirić, Certić, Franković, Ferri, Iveta, Jerić, Klarić, Kresić, Kulišić, Mirković, Nesanović, Senko, Simonetti, Skoko and Zimić. Records show the following numbers for fishing vessels '''Fishing vessels through the years''' class "wikitable sortable" style "text-align:center; border:1px" ! year !! vessels !! year !! vessels !! year !! vessels - 1709 12 1770-72 16 1795-96 23 - 1755 12 1773-75 18 1798 14 - 1761 17 1776 20 1799 23 - 1762 16 1777 19 1801 22 - 1763 15 1778 21 1802 20 - 1764 14 1782 20 1803 21 - 1765-68 13 1783-85 19 1804 25 - 1769 14 1786 18 According to a court order from 1741, Trpanj fishermen were obliged to go fishing 4 days in a row for their landlord Gundulic while he was residing in Trpanj for his needs. Gundulic was required to pay for this fish as in the past he paid nothing. In 1815 there are 27 boats of 4 tons, 24 boats of 5 tons (called leuti) and 11 ships of 1.5 tons. Other than sardine fishing, in Trpanj, the fishermen also extracted corals, in particular towards the end of the 17th and the beginning of the 18th centuries in the waters around Lastovo. Taking into account the number if inhabitants, Trpanj in the 19th century was probably the strongest fishing community in the southern Adriatic. Navigation Trpanj was a center of coastal navigation on Pelješac. Sailor were frequently exposed to dangers. For example in 1660 Martin Marin Medovic from Trpanj was captured in Tunis, and in 1755 pirates captured Nikola Franković. In February 1669, the Ragusan Senate orders that officials be sent to Trpanj to bring two sail ships with crew because they have not answered the call to transport construction material for the restoration of the city. From 1677 to 1797 there were 41 known sailors from Trpanj in the Venetian fleet and two known ship commanders Grga Ivana Frankovic and Mato Nika Mrčić. In the mid 18th century, on Dubrovnik ships navigating outside the Adriatic the following sailors from Trpanj could be found: Ante and Justin Auustinovic, Simun Andricic, Stijepo and Vicko Barbica, Andrija, Mato and Petar Certić, Luka nd Peter Despot, Ivan, Mato, Nikola and Petar Ferri, Antun, Duro, Ivan and Luka Franković, Ivan Iveta, Ante and Tomo Jerić, Petar Keko, Ivan and Baldo Krešić, Antun, Petar and Mato Marković, Ivan, Petar and Mato Mrčić, Rade and Baldo Nesanović, and Ivan Sirovica-Dolica. Many Trpanj priests were co-owners of sailhips notably: Miho Fabrelli Iveta, Antun Simonetti, Mato Nesanović, Nikola Augustinović, Baldo Kresic, Andrija Kalais and Ivan Klaric-Mirkovic. The sail ship “Nimfa” 104 barrels, was purchased in 1801 by the Jerić, Barac, Zimić and Ferri families. That ship was confiscated in 1804. Trpanj was a major export port for salted fish in the Republic of Ragusa. In the 18th century Trpanj imported salted fish from Sucuraj which was under Venetian authority and exported it along with its fish. In the 18th century, in Senigallia near Ancona, merchants from Trpanj had their own warehouses for storing fish and other goods during the local fair. Trpanj sail ships were returning with imported goods from the far away European colonies, cloth and ceramics. Commerce was booming at the time and the merchant fleet was constantly on the rise. In a good year, Trpanj could generate over 30,000 florins. The last sail ship from Trpanj was sold in 1920. Famous people * Ena Begović actress * Mia Begović actress * Stjepan Ivanišević Croatian justice minister 2000 - 2001 See also *Croatia *Dalmatia *Republic of Ragusa *House of Gundulić *House of Getaldić *Faraun References Category:Populated places in Dubrovnik-Neretva County Category:Municipalities of Croatia Category:Populated coastal places in Croatia Fran Dživo Gundulić (c.1630-1700) Generalfeldwachtmeister, July 27, 1682 and Feldmarschall-Leutnant on September 4, 1685 who married first with Marija Bobali (daughter of Marin Bobali), who died soon with the first child, later he married with Maria Victoria (Octavia) Condezza di Strozzi (''granddaughter of General Strozzi and honorary dame of Empress'') 22 April 1674 (''d.d. 257, 80, folio 282 Neues Jahrbuch''), have two children, Frano Antun Gundulić, (without descendants of male), who die in 1717, in the familiar palace of the city of Vienna "Renngasse", and Šišmundo Gundulić. The another branch, the brother of Frano Gundulić, Šišmundo Gundulić (1632–1684), in 1668 married with Kate Nalješković, had four children and one daughter. Frano Gundulić II k.k General der Cav., Dživo Šiško Gundulić c.1678 +1721, married with Lukrecija Bunić, Jeronim Gundulić married with Maria Francizca Countess von Khuen, Šišmundo Gundulić II (c.1682 +1758) married with Uršula Getaldić, had 4 sons: the oldest Šiško Dominik (mentioned above), Fran, Fran Incacije and Dživo Fran, and 2 daughters: Katarina, who was married with Frano Getaldić, Uršula, who was unmarried, and Nikoleta Gundulić, she married in 1697 with Petar Sorkočević (her grandson by the name Petar Sorkočević-Crijević, credited for having Gundulić's Osman). Frano Gundulić married with Marija Ana Kisserrnyi Serenyi, 3 February 1684 and died on 25 December 1711 in Vienna, married in 24 April 1710, few days after born your son, obtains the fiefdoms on June 21, 1719, (with the lands of Trpanj) after his death his son, don't could inherit, by his condition Fran Josip Gundulić, who was born in Vienna 16 December 1711 and dies 5 March 1774 archbishop of Paderborner Dom (1752–1764), and Franz Anton von Gondola (+1764) married in Graz 25 July 1760 with Josefa Countess von Rindsmaul(*28 June 1740 + 14 July 1802 Graz) inherits the fiefdoms, they had only a daughter Marija Ana Gundulić, she married with Count Veit Dominik v.Wolkenstein, as well holds the fiefdoms until his death in 1764, his cousin, son of Šišmundo (II),*1684 + 1758, *Šišmundo Dominik Gundulić February 6, 1712 died in Ragusa January 15, 1800 holds the fiefdoms (married with Frančeska Bunić died in Ragusa February 22, 1785, they did not have any children.
International Mime Festival alt url email address lat long directions phone tollfree fax hours Starts Wednesday of the fourth week in May and lasts for five days price content A globally renowned art performance festival in Korea. The main event consists of performances of international and domestic mime groups, and there are special events such as street performances, mime lessons, body painting shows, and mime concerts throughout the festival period
WikiPedia:Tangier Commons:Category:Tangier Dmoz:Regional Africa Morocco Localities Tanger
Ming and Qing (Qing dynasty) dynasties, the Dutch East India Company traded with the Papora and provide records of life among them. As can be seen from this text the Urga games (1778–1924) took place at the old central square which would have been located just to the north of present-day Sukhbaatar Square. The square can be seen on pre-revolutionary paintings of Urga. A 1967 Mongolian painting shows an old Urga wrestling match in detail, with the wrestlers wearing the same "
evidence shows aforementioned leather was used to make a harness as well, with olive oil used for anal penetration. A double-penetration dildo was found in ancient France, but its use is lost to time. A 19th century Chinese painting shows a woman using a dildo strapped to her shoe, showing that creative use of strap-ons was already well under way. Many artifacts from the Upper Paleolithic have been found that appear to be dildos, including a double "baton" with a hole
of that year by American artist (Visual arts of the United States) Gilbert Stuart (who made two other portraits of George Washington, and many others of prominent American revolutionaries (American Revolution)). The painting shows Washington (then at 64 years old) renouncing a third term as U.S. President (President of the United States). It is currently on permanent display at the National Portrait Gallery (National Portrait Gallery (United States)) of the Smithsonian Institution. There are also copies on display in the East Room of the White House, the U.S. House Chamber (U.S. House of Representatives), the Old State House (Old State House (Connecticut)) in Hartford, Connecticut, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts Museum, and the Rayburn room of the Capitol (U.S. Capitol). The portrait is claimed to have been saved during the War of 1812 by First Lady Dolley Madison right before British soldiers broke into the White House, served themselves dinner, and burned down the settlement. The memoir of Paul Jennings (Paul Jennings (slave)), who was James Madison's slave and manservant, identifies the doorman John Susé and the gardener Mr. Magraw as the persons who removed the portrait for safe keeping. A colored man's reminiscences of James Madison, Paul Jennings, J. B. R., published by G.C. Beadle, 1865, page 15 Cousins also wrote a collection of non-fiction books on the same subjects, such as the 1953 ''Who Speaks for Man? '', which advocated a World Federation and nuclear disarmament. He also served as president of the World Federalist Association and chairman of the Committee for Sane Nuclear Policy (SANE), which in the 1950s, warned that the world was bound for a nuclear holocaust if the threat of the nuclear arms race was not stopped. Cousins became an unofficial ambassador in the 1960s, and his facilitating communication between the Holy See, the Kremlin and the White House helped lead to the Soviet-American (United States) test ban treaty, for which he was thanked by President John F. Kennedy and Pope John XXIII, the latter of which awarded him his personal medallion. Cousins was also awarded the Eleanor Roosevelt Peace Award in 1963, the Family Man of the Year Award in 1968, the United Nations Peace Medal in 1971, and the Niwano Peace Prize in 1990. WikiPedia:White House, Tennessee Dmoz:Regional North_America United_States Tennessee Localities W White_House
is lost to time. A 19th century Chinese painting shows a woman using a dildo strapped to her shoe, showing that creative use of strap-ons was already well under way. Many artifacts from the Upper Paleolithic have been found that appear to be dildos, including a double "baton" with a hole in the middle, theorized to be for a strap to hold it to a wearer. The ''Kama Sutra'' includes mention of dildos (darshildo in Hindi) made from a wide variety of materials, and used
flute that could be played with one hand; the tabor is more commonly known today as a snare drum. This type of playing can still be heard in parts of rural France, in England The Taborers Society and among the Basques (Basque people) and Catalans (Catalonia). An Elizabethan-era woodcut shows a clown playing the pipe and tabor. An 1820s watercolour painting shows a one-man band with a rhythm
of Scotland . Marco d'Oggiono, Francesco Melzi, Freedberg 1982:285 and Cesare Bernazzano. The painting shows a male figure with garlanded head and leopard skin, seated in an idyllic landscape. He points with his right hand off to his left, and with his left hand grasps his thyrsus and also points down to earth. Deruet was made a noble by the Duke of Lorraine in 1621, and was then made a Knight of the Order of St Michel in 1645 by Louis XIII, who had in 1641
, but its use is lost to time. A 19th century Chinese painting shows a woman using a dildo strapped to her shoe, showing that creative use of strap-ons was already well under way. Many artifacts from the Upper Paleolithic have been found that appear to be dildos, including a double "baton" with a hole in the middle, theorized to be for a strap to hold it to a wearer. The ''Kama Sutra'' includes mention of dildos (darshildo in Hindi) made from a wide variety