pueblear el fin de semana first Luis last Romo newspaper Reforma location Mexico City date 2001-09-09 page 14 language Spanish trans_title Volcano Route:To "small town" the weekend thumb Main altar (File:MainAltarOzumba.JPG) The main altarpiece completely covers the wall behind the main altar. The center part of the cut out and replaced by a Neoclassical (Neoclassical architecture) one. Its restoration to a more original appearance is relatively recent
of Kristine Kyrka (Kristine Church, Falun) from which one could view the entire low built city. Egnellska Huset was built in 1903 and was designed by Falun's first city architect, Klas Boman (:sv:Klas Boman). The building functioned as a modern residential building. The building was initially a light yellow color and then later recolored in a more bright yellow color. After two separate fires in 2007 and 2008, the building was restored to its original appearance. Falugatan is a street in Falun and has since the 15th century functioned as a connection between eastern and western Falun. Thanks to its location by the river, this site became an important commerce site for city. When Falun, officially became a city, in 1641, it was this street that named the city to Falun. The street kept it appearance up until the 1960s when Falun was modernized architectural. During the 1960', four of the five 18th century buildings were demolished and today, the Körsnerska Huset is the only one remaining in its original appearance. Centralpalatset is a building located on Stora Torget (:sv:Stora torget, Falun) in Falun and is a monumental building, decorated in Art Nouveau. It was built between 1895-1896 and was designed by the local architect Ferdinand Boberg. The author Selma Lagerlöf lived in the building, and it was here she wrote The Wonderful Adventures of Nils. In 1947, the initial balconies were removed and in 1955 the whole building was facing a renovation where the facade was redesigned and the whole house scaled down, making it shorter and flatter Wiklunds Glas was a building on Åsgatan in Falun and was designed in a combination between Art Nouveau and Renaissance in the Low Countries. The building was designed by the Architect J.Wernfeldt and functioned as a location for a glass company. The building was demolished in 1971 when Falun was modernized. Geislerska Huset was built sometime between 1765 and 1768 by Eric Geisler. The building was built by a technique which later became referred to as Eric Geisler Technique. It was the oldest building in the world built with copper slag stone. The building was demolished in 1977 and on the site today is an office building. Rådhuset (Town Hall) is located on Stora Torget (:sv:Stora torget, Falun) in Falun. Was built between 1649 and 1653, initially as a one floor building, but in the 1960s a second floor was added onto the building. In 1761, the building was destroyed in a fire, but was quickly rebuilt and is still, today, standing on the same site. Varmbadhuset a community swimming pool facility in Falun. It was designed in a National Romantic Style (National Romantic style) by the city architect Klas Boman (:sv:Klas Boman) and built in 1911. In the 1960s a sport center was planned out for Falun and Varmbadhuset lost its importance and faced demolition in 1974, despite strong protests from the residents in Falun. On the site today is the police station. In 1961, an architectural competition was organized in Falun. The neighborhood (Falan) between the western side of Stora Torget (:sv:Stora torget, Falun) and Faluån was to be modernized. The competition was won by Uhlin och Malms Arkitektkontor in Stockholm. The final design was built in 1968 with two buildings along the western side of the Plaza. Since 1968, the buildings have been rebuilt many times. Dmoz:Regional Europe Sweden Dalarna County Localities Falun Commons:Category:Falun
and heavily damaged, but recent restoration and conservation has restored to some extent its original appearance. Jeni Mosque thumb upright Jeni Mosque (File:Jeny mosque in Bitola.JPG) The Jeni Mosque is located in the center of the city. It has a square base, topped with a dome. Near the mosque is a minaret, 40 m high. Today, the mosque's rooms house permanent and temporary art exhibitions. Recent archaeological excavations have revealed that it has been built upon an old church
. The bezisten had eighty-six shops and four large iron gates. The shops used to sell textiles, and today sell food products. Deboj Bath The Deboj Bath is a Turkish (Ottoman Empire) bath (hamam (Turkish bath)). It is not known when exactly it was constructed. At one point, it was heavily damaged, but after repairs it regained its original appearance: a beautiful façade, two large domes and several minor ones. Bitola today thumb The lion (File:Bitola Zoo Lions 2.JPG)s in their cage
restoration and conservation works, have restored, to a certain extent, the original appearance to the mosque. * Wikipedia:Bitola Commons:Category:Bitola
newbuilding MS ''Birka Princess'' in her original appearance, photographed in Stockholm. During the 1996 summer season a short cruise from Helsinki to Tallinn was added to ''Mariella'''s schedule in place of the nine hours she normally spent in Helsinki. These "picnic cruises" proved to be unpopular and they were not continued the following summer. When the EU ended tax free sales on routes between member states in July 1999, Viking Line added a stop at Mariehamn, Åland to the Helsinki–Stockholm route. As Åland is not a part of the EU tax union, Viking Line could continue tax-free sales on its ships. * Lawhill history on Lars Bruzelius Website * 1:75 scale model of the steel four-masted barque Lawhill, 1892-1957 Currently in the office of Erikson's Capital AB at Mariehamn, Åland '''Marie of Hesse and by Rhine''' (8 August 1824 – 8 June 1880) was a princess of the Grand Duchy of Hesse and, as '''Maria Alexandrovna''' (''in Russian Мария Александровна''), Empress consort of Alexander II of Russia. She was born at Darmstadt, the capital of the Grand Duchy, and died at Saint Petersburg. The Mariinsky Theatre and the city Mariehamn in Åland are named after her. - align "center" bgcolor "#CCFFCC" 2004-04-17 Win align left WikiPedia:Mariehamn Dmoz:Regional Europe Finland Åland Localities Mariehamn Commons:Category:Mariehamn
, and Alaska . The original church burnt to the ground in 1966, but was restored to its original appearance, with the deliberate exception of its clockface, which is black in photographs taken prior to 1966, but white in subsequent photos. , and as of the end of 2005 had 1,049 interments. It is administered by Fort Richardson National Cemetery.
Литовско–русское государство (''Litovsko–russkoye gosydarstvo'') in ''Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary'' Full style of Russian Sovereigns The full title of Russian emperors started with By the Grace of God, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias (Божию Милостию, Император и Самодержец Всероссийский ''Bozhiyu Milostiyu, Imperator i Samoderzhets Vserossiyskiy'' ) and went further to list all ruled territories. For example, according to the article 59 of the Russian Constitution of April 23, 1906, "the full title of His Imperial Majesty is as follows: We, ------ by the Grace of God, Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir (Vladimir-Suzdal), Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland (Congress Poland), Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Tauric Chersonesos (Chersonesos Taurica), Tsar of Georgia (Georgia (country)), Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania (Grand Duchy of Lithuania), Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland (Grand Duchy of Finland), Prince of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok (Białystok), Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka (Kirov, Kirov Oblast), Bulgaria (Volga Bulgaria) and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Sovereign of Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislavl, and all northern territories; Sovereign of Iveria (Caucasian Iberia), Kartalinia (Kartli), and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories - hereditary Lord and Ruler of the Circassians and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg (Duchy of Oldenburg), and so forth, and so forth, and so forth." The partition treaty was ratified by its signatories on September 22, 1772. Frederick II of Prussia was elated with his success; Prussia took most of the Polish Royal Prussia that stood between its possessions in the Kingdom of Prussia and the Margraviate of Brandenburg, taking Ermland (Warmia), Royal Prussia without the city of Danzig (Gdańsk) (Gdańsk) (which in 1773 became a new province (Provinces of Prussia) called West Prussia), northern areas of Greater Poland along the Noteć River (the Netze District), and parts of Kuyavia, (also the Prussian city of Thorn (Toruń) Toruń ). Despite token criticism of the partition from Austrian Empress Maria Theresa (Maria Theresa of Austria), Austrian statesman Wenzel Anton Graf Kaunitz was proud of wresting as large a share as he did, with the rich salt mines of Bochnia and Wieliczka. To Austria fell Zator and Auschwitz (Oświęcim), part of Little Poland embracing parts of the counties of Kraków and Sandomir and the whole of Galicia, less the City of Kraków. Catherine II
cities Stratford (Stratford, Ontario), Kitchener (Kitchener, Ontario), Cambridge (Cambridge, Ontario), Hamilton (Hamilton, Ontario) towns Goderich (Goderich, Ontario), Clinton (Clinton, Ontario) History Highway 8 is one of the oldest provincial highways in Ontario, having first been established in 1918. Up until the early 1970s, the highway was much longer than its current length, extending from Goderich (Goderich, Ontario) through Kitchener-Waterloo (Regional Municipality of Waterloo), Cambridge (Cambridge, Ontario), and Hamilton to Niagara Falls. However, in 1970, the Government of Ontario decided that the stretch of Highway 8 between Winona (Winona, Ontario) (just east of Hamilton) and Niagara Falls was no longer of major transportation significance, since by this time most traffic used the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW), just to the north, to go between the two locales. Accordingly, the province downloaded this section of the highway to the newly-formed Regional Municipality of Niagara, which designated the road as Regional Road 81 (Niagara Regional Road 81). In 1998, the provincial government of Mike Harris carried another downloading of the highway to municipal authorities; this time the section between the town of Peters Corners (Peters Corners, Ontario) (near Dundas (Dundas, Ontario)) and Winona was transferred to the Regional Municipality of Hamilton-Wentworth. Ontario Highway 8 History - The King's Highways of Ontario thumb left Construction is underway to widen the Conestoga River crossing to eight lanes (File:Highway 8 widening.png) Highway 8 then enters Cambridge (Cambridge, Ontario), following city streets such as Shantz Hill Road, Fountain Street, King Street, Coronation Boulevard, and Dundas Street. It then continues as a normal road out of Cambridge and into Hamilton (Hamilton, Ontario), meeting with Highway 5 (Highway 5 (Ontario)) in the town of Peters Corners (Peters Corners, Ontario). Route 25 runs between University of Waterloo and Square One. It also stops at Cambridge (Cambridge, Ontario), the Charles Street Terminal at Kitchener (Kitchener, Ontario), and Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo (Waterloo, Ontario). The frequency of this route depends on the direction of travel, as well as the day of the week, ranging from hourly to every three hours. Routes 25B, 25C, and 25D provide extra express services between Square One and the two aforementioned Waterloo universities, bypassing Kitchener and Cambridge. Route 25 runs year-round, seven days a week, while the express branches only run during the academic year. Production The film was shot on location in Cambridge (Cambridge, Ontario), Hamilton (Hamilton, Ontario), and Toronto.
Stampehl thumb left MS ''Viking Saga'' in original appearance and livery. (Image:Viking Saga.jpg) In 1979-1981 the Baltic ferry operators Silja Line and Viking Line brought several new cruiseferries to the routes connecting Stockholm to Helsinki and Turku. Viking Line received a total of four new ships in 1980 alone, three of which were built for Rederi AB Sally. The ''Viking Saga'' and her sister ship MS ''Viking Song'' (MS Viking Song) were built by Wärtsilä
results. The Viking Saga and Viking Song, alongside Silja Line's contemporary MS ''Finlandia'' (MS Queen of Scandinavia) and MS ''Silvia Regina'' (MS Silvia Regina), were instrumental in turning the Helsinki — Stockholm route into a popular cruise route. thumb left MS ''Viking Saga'' in original appearance and livery. (Image:Viking Saga.jpg) In 1979-1981 the Baltic ferry operators Silja Line and Viking Line brought several new cruiseferries to the routes connecting Stockholm
: www.turunseurakunnat.fi portal en churches_and_chapels st_catherine_s_church email address Kirkkotie 46 lat 60.46221 long 22.29355 directions phone +358-2-261-7130 tollfree fax hours Open by agreement. In summertime (Jun–Aug) Mon–Fri 10AM–4PM price Free content St Catherine's Church represents old medieval church building tradition. Although it wasonce completely destroyed and has undergone several renovations, it has preserved something of its original appearance and retains the basic
Santa Maria da Feira (Santa Maria da Feira Municipality), Portugal thumb right 300px A design done by Sudeikin. (File:Sudeikin 1.jpg) '''Sergey Yurievich Sudeikin''', also known as '''Serge Soudeikine''' (19 March 1882 in Smolensk – 12 August 1946 in Nyack, New York), was a Russian artist and set-designer associated with the Ballets Russes and the Metropolitan Opera. In 1926 he prepared artwork for the 1926 Broadway production of Nikolai Evreinov's ''The Chief Thing''. Fortified Novodevichy Convent, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was established in early 16th century at the far end of Luzhniki bend to control river crossing of the old Smolensk road. Extant structures remain virtually unchanged since 17th century. Adjacent Novodevichy Cemetery, inaugurated in 1898, has been Moscow's most famous burial site (excluding Kremlin Wall Necropolis). thumb 150px left Devichye Pole school (1910) and clinic (1890s) (File:Wiki pirogovka clinics.jpg) thumb right Hetman (File:Portret Mazepa.jpg) Ivan Mazepa's defection to the Swedes, which partially justified Charles XII's movement south, would have wide-ranging consequences for the remainder of the war. Regardless, by the summer of 1708, Charles was positioned in Lithuania, facing a road directly towards Moscow. However, he faced a desolate tundra, deliberately laid bare (scorched earth) by Russian forces and protected by the significant fortress of Smolensk. His troops were constantly being harassed by Russian light troops, and reinforcements were still en route. Diplomatically, although Peter offered deals that would return all of the land he captured, save Saint Peterburg and Neva, Charles would not settle for anything less than Swedish victory. Ukraine, fertile and as of yet untouched by the war, lay to the south; he also knew that Cossack hetman Ivan Mazepa, who largely controlled Ukraine under Peter, was secretly scheming against his tsar. Thus, the Swedes turned south, and entered Ukraine instead. Hughes, pp. 79-82 Livio Catullo Stecchini, the unrivalled historian of earth-measuring (Geodesy ), assigned as ''Gerrhos'', the area of swamps to the northeast of Smolensk, today considerably reduced by post-glacial warming and drying of the climate (Blytt-Sernander) and by the conscious drainage and intrusion of agriculture. Later classical historians and geographers, such as Pomponius Mela mislocated this ''Gerrhos''. Planning The majority of the line ran along the Dnieper River, from just west of Smolensk to the Black Sea. Hitler proclaimed to his generals in September 1943 that the Dnieper defensive line was to be the last barrier against Bolshevism. The line left the banks of the Dnieper only where another major tributary offered similar defensive capabilities, and in the south, where the Dnieper curved (western Dnipropetrovsk Oblast) to the west and did not offer protection to the Crimea's Isthmus of Perekop link with the mainland. In the north, the line was to have been constructed roughly from Vitebsk to Pskov, where it then followed the west bank of Lake Peipus, and its river delta to the Baltic Sea at Narva. When the order was signed for its construction on 11 August 1943, the Wehrmacht armies held positions hundreds of kilometers to the east of the proposed defensive line, generally along the Donets River in the south and along a line roughly from Smolensk to Leningrad in the north. Retreating to the line would give up considerable Soviet territory, including major cities such as Smolensk and Kharkov, which had only recently been recaptured in the Kharkov offensive operation, as well as smaller cities including Kholm (Kholm, Kholmsky District, Novgorod Oblast), Novgorod, Oryol and Bryansk. In addition, the Siege of Leningrad would have to be abandoned. When the order was signed for its construction on 11 August 1943, the Wehrmacht armies held positions hundreds of kilometers to the east of the proposed defensive line, generally along the Donets River in the south and along a line roughly from Smolensk to Leningrad in the north. Retreating to the line would give up considerable Soviet territory, including major cities such as Smolensk and Kharkov, which had only recently been recaptured in the Kharkov offensive operation, as well as smaller cities including Kholm (Kholm, Kholmsky District, Novgorod Oblast), Novgorod, Oryol and Bryansk. In addition, the Siege of Leningrad would have to be abandoned. File:Arbat