Bello, the founder of Sokoto and son of the revered Shaykh Usman Dan Fodio. Ahmadu Bello received his education first at the Sokoto Provincial School, the only modern school at the time in the Sokoto province. Then, he proceeded to the Katsina Teacher's Training College. After spending five years at Katsina, he was appointed by the Sultan to become a teacher at the Sokoto Middle School, his former school which had undergone rapid transformation. In 1934, he was made the district head
the scholarship sensing he needed to shore up his knowledge about the process of governance. Early life He was born in Rabbah, Sokoto State. The son of a district head and heir to the Sokoto Caliphate, his great-grandfather was Sultan Bello, the founder of Sokoto and son of the revered Shaykh Usman Dan Fodio. Ahmadu Bello received his education first at the Sokoto Provincial School, the only modern school at the time in the Sokoto province. Then, he proceeded
in 1818 at Toamasina by members of the London Missionary Society (LMS), who were invited by King Radama I (1810–1828) to expand their schools throughout Imerina to teach basic literacy and numeracy to aristocratic children. The schools were closed by Ranavalona I in 1835 Ralibera (1993), p. 196 but reopened and expanded in the decades after her death. By the end of the 19th century Madagascar could boast the most developed and modern school system in pre-colonial Sub-Saharan Africa. Access to schooling was expanded in coastal areas during the colonial period, when French language and basic work skills were the focus of the curriculum. During the post-colonial First Republic, a continued reliance on French nationals as teachers, and French as the language of instruction, created tension among those desiring a complete separation from the former colonial power. Consequently, under the socialist Second Republic, French instructors and other nationals were expelled, Malagasy was declared the language of instruction and a large cadre of young Malagasy were rapidly trained to teach at remote rural schools under the mandatory two-year national service policy. wikipedia:Toamasina
east of the market town of Alford (Alford, Lincolnshire) in the East Lindsey district of the county of Lincolnshire, England. It lies along the A52 road, between Ingoldmells and Sutton-on-Sea.
Petar Karađorđević I (Peter I of Serbia) monument. He was the King of Serbia from 1903–18. Although the name Bijeljina was first mentioned in 1446, this name was in use only after 1918. During Austro-Hungarian period, the town had the name Bjelina and, before that, Belina or Bílina. Modern history In 1838, the first confessional elementary school was opened. A modern school building was built in 1902. In this school worked Jovan Dučić between 1893–95. Bijeljina na Internetu - skolstvo Jovan Dučić was a famous Hercegovinian Serb poet, writer and diplomat. Today a street in central Bijeljina is named after him. In front of the city hall is a statue of King Peter I of Serbia, who ruled the Kingdom of Serbia between 1903 and 1918. During the Second World War, the Ustaša troops removed it. After World War II, the communist government refused to return the monument. The first non-communist local government returned the monument in the early 1990s. In its emerging Bijeljina has experienced its boom after joining up in Yugoslavia (SFRY) and especially in the second half of the 20th century, when it received significant facilities for its economic and cultural development: new factories, schools, medical facilities and cultural organizations. Bosnian War In April 1992, Serbian forces (most likely those of Željko Ražnatović under direct order from the Milošević government in Belgrade) invaded Bijeljina. The practise of ethnic cleansing was enforced by the Serbian forces, with non-serbs being either killed or expelled and former Muslim property being acquired by the paramilitaries and local serbs. The photographer Ron Haviv was given permission by Ražnatović to photograph the city during the siege. Although Ražnatović later took a quantity of film from Haviv to prevent him from publishing the images taken, a quantity made it back to the USA and were subsequently published. These published photos showed the brutality of the Serbian paramilitary force, and the destruction of the Bosnian Muslim population. After the publication of the photographs by Haviv, Ražnatović reportedly issued threats on the photographer's life. During the war, Bijeljina saw a large influx of Serb refugees from other areas of the country. Post-war period New birth of Bijeljina is experienced in the late 1990s and the first decade of the 21st century. After a population boom due to war events and population saturation and insufficient capacity of the city that was built in less need, today you can see re-building of Bijeljina in the big city, with new settlements, roads, schools, universities, and cultural institutions. Architecture thumb right The Atik mosque (demolished during the war and reconstructed since) by the town square (File:Atik bijeljina.jpg) The Atik mosque: Built between 1520 and 1566 during the period of Sultan Suleyman the Magnificent, the mosque was completely destroyed on 13 March 1993 and rebuilt where it stood before. thumb right Church in Bijeljina (File:Sabornihram.jpg) thumb left Library in Bijeljina (File:Biblioteka u Bijeljini.JPG) Serbian Orthodox Church (''Svetog Đorđa'') Saint George which was built in 1872. The second oldest building is the Semberija. Museum which was built in 1876. It is noted that the oldest building in Bijeljina was Atik Mosque in the city centre, built in 1530 and demolished to the ground during the Bosnian War 1992–1995. Basil of Ostrog Monastery in the center of Bijeljina is a newly built monastery (2001.) Dedicated to St. Basil of Ostrog. The bell tower with a clock of over 30 meters dominates the surroundings and a symbol of the monastery. As part of the monastery is a museum, dining room, library, hermitages for monks. Inside the temple is painted magnificent frescoes. It is particularly valuable copy Trojeručica miraculous icons, the gift from Hilandar monastery. In Bijeljina, also located the Holy Temple, the Church of St. Petka and the old Catholic church. The City Park (''Gradski Park'') was founded in 1892. Museum of Semberija began working as a museum collection 1972. And later grew into a museum facility with over 10,000 exhibits and 3 of the permanent exhibition. Located in the heart of the city, and it takes place and various cultural events. The Library "Filip Višnjić" is the oldest cultural institution in Bijeljina - founded in 1932 year, thanks to prominent people and intellectuals. Played a major role in raising the cultural level of the construction and opening of reading rooms in rural villages of Semberija. Now located in a modern building and has over 100,000 books. The Tavna Monastery is located in the southern part of the Bijeljina municipality. The date of foundation is hidden somewhere in the shadows of the far past. The cronichles of monasteries Tronosha and Pech say it was built by Dragutin's sons Vladislav i Urosic. Stefan Dragutin was the King of Serbia from 1276 to 1282 and king of Srem from 1282 to 1316. The present church of monastery Tavna, is built in the same place as the original one. The Tavna Monastery is older than the other monasteries in the region such as Ozrena, Liplja, Vozuce and Gostovica. Tavna was damaged in the first years of Turkish rule, but was restored by the people. This was not the only time the monastery was damaged. It was damaged many times during the Turkish period and also during World War Two. Between 1941 and 1945 Tavna was bombed by the Ustase. On one of the gravestones it says "Zdravko Jovacnovic Killed 1943 by the Ustasa Blue Division protecting and defending the monastery". After World War Two Tavna was rebuilt. Tavna monastery english lang Education thumb right Bijeljina University (File:University.JPG) The first literate people in Semberija originally attended the monasteries. The first primary school in Bijeljina was opened in 1838. After the Second World War, changes were made to the school system, and in 1951 the first elementary school was opened. In 1956, a second elementary school was opened. The third and fourth elementary schools opened in 1959, and subsequently 1966. As of 1953, a basic music school has been operating in the city. Primary schools in Bijeljina include the following: OS Sveti Sava, OS Knez Ivo od Semberije, OS Vuk Karadžić, OS Jovan Dučić. There are several high schools operating in the city, such as Gymnasium Filip Višnjić, Music School Stevan Stojanovic Mokranjac, an agricultural high school, an economic and a technical school. Within the University of Bijeljina, several faculties are operated, those of which include law, economics, education and business economics. The main private universities in the city are Slobomir P University and University Sinergija. With the construction of a large University building in Bijeljina, the city became one of the most important centers for education in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and a campus for many students around the region. Transportation thumb left Bypass in Bijeljina (File:Zaobilaznica.jpg) The basic street network is dependent on the main routes: the M-14.1 Brcko-Zvornik and the M-18 Raca-Ugljevik. The complete road network in contact with the city and the urban traffic network is extremely radial orientation. She had eleven major transportation routes, which link directly to the city. Around the city is located bypass, but isn't fully completed. The main bus station in Bijeljina is located in the central zone of the city. The main bus station in Bijeljina is owned by Semberija Transport. From Bijeljina passengers can travel to other cities in the region as well as some cities in Europe such as Ljubljana, Vienna, Berlin, Munich, Zürich, Stockholm. There is only one railway line in Bijeljina. That railway line stretches from Bijeljina to Šid in Serbia. From Šid it joins another line going east towards Belgrade or going west to Croatia. Public Transport The main public transport system in Bijeljina is made up of bus routes that provide transportation from surrounding villages to the city center. Public passenger transport performed in Bijeljina 50 buses. There are 12 lines of public transport in the city. Price of one-way ticket is He started his playing career with FK Sloboda Titovo Užice (FK Sloboda Užice) (1967–1968) and then moved to the club where he would play most of his career, FK Partizan (1968–1976). Today, the population of Kalesija is uncertain since no census has been conducted after 1991. However, it is certain that during the 1990s, the municipality of Kalesija received roughly 4000 Bosniak refugees from primarily the nearby municipalities of Zvornik and Bijeljina. At the same time, parts of the Serb population left, after Kalesija became an administratively part of the Tuzla Canton and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Early life Mladen Krstajić was born in Zenica, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina (Socialist Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina), SFR Yugoslavia (Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia) to Serb (Serbs) mother from Bijeljina and Montenegrin (Montenegrins) father from Žabljak. 15-0-0 Violations of international humanitarian law in Banja Luka, Bijeljina and other areas of Bosnia and Herzegovina - Municipalities of Republika Srpska Berkovići • Bijeljina • Bileća • Bosanska Kostajnica • Bosanski Brod • Bratunac • Čajniče • Čelinac • Derventa • Doboj • Donji Žabar • Foča • Gacko • Grad Banja Luka (Banja Luka) • Gradiška (Gradiška, Bosnia and Herzegovina) • Han Pijesak • Istočni Drvar • Istočna Ilidža • Istočni Mostar • Istočni Stari Grad • Istočno Novo Sarajevo (Istočno Novo Sarajevo (Republika Srpska)) • Jezero • Kalinovik • Kneževo • Kozarska Dubica • Kotor Varoš • Krupa na Uni • Kupres (Kupres (Republika Srpska)) • Laktaši • Ljubinje • Lopare • Milići • Modriča • Mrkonjić Grad • Nevesinje • Novi Grad • Novo Goražde • Osmaci • Oštra Luka • Pale (Pale (town)) • Pelagićevo • Petrovac (Petrovac, Republika Srpska) • Petrovo (Petrovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina) • Prijedor • Prnjavor • Ribnik • Rogatica • Rudo • Šamac (Šamac, Bosnia and Herzegovina) • Šekovići • Šipovo • Sokolac • Srbac • Srebrenica • Teslić • Trebinje • Trnovo (RS) (Trnovo Municipality Istočno Sarajevo) • Ugljevik • Višegrad • Vlasenica • Vukosavlje • Zvornik Count 3: Persecutions on Political, Racial and Religious Grounds, a Crime Against Humanity. – Municipalities: Banja Luka, Bijeljina, Bosanska Krupa, Bosanski Novi, Bratunac, Brčko, Foča, Hadžići, Ilidža, Kalinovik, Ključ, Kotor Varoš, Novi Grad, Novo Sarajevo, Pale (Pale, Bosnia and Herzegovina), Prijedor, Rogatica, Sanski Most, Sokolac, Trnovo, Vlasenica, Vogošća, Zvornik and Srebrenica. Five days later the JNA, including Obrenović's battalion, launched a massive simultaneous assault, starting with the attack by the Serb Volunteer Guard paramilitary forces on Bijeljina. The attacks soon spread to Foča, Zvornik, Bosanski Šamac, Vlasenica, Prijedor, Brčko (Brčko (city)), and was punctuated by the blockading of the Bosnian capital of Sarajevo to the southwest. Non-Serbs had their property confiscated, were deported en masse, and many men of military age or of political, community, religious or cultural importance were murdered on sight or in mass executions in villages such as Kozarac, Gornja Grapska in Doboj, the Hotel Posavina in Brčko, the Crkvina warehouse in Bosanski Šamac, and detention centers such as the Brčko Partizan (Partizan Belgrade) sports hall. Many other non-Serb men were interred at infamous concentration camps such as Omarska (Omarska camp) and Keraterm (Keraterm camp), while the women, children and elderly fled south toward the towns of Srebrenica and Žepa.
, a primary school and Aveland High School, formerly a secondary modern school. Aveland High School -- After a period of criticism over results, in January 2010 the Aveland school merged with a Sleaford school to form St George's Academy.
, Darwen, Blackburn, Rossendale and Bolton. Music for the series was composed by Nigel Hess, and in 1997 was awarded the Ivor Novello Award (Ivor Novello Awards) for best television theme. He served with the Royal Navy based in India at the time of Independence (Indian Independence Movement) and then was a head teacher, first at Lea Bank Secondary Modern School in Rossendale (1955–61), then at Robert Montefiore Secondary School, Stepney, London (1961–66
Parliament constituency) Grantham and Stamford constituency. The debate and public consultation is ongoing. Education The main secondary school used by the town is the Deepings School (The Deepings School), located in nearby Deeping St. James. This is a well-regarded Academy school with a true-comprehensive intake, built as the Deeping County Secondary Modern School in 1958, becoming a comprehensive in the mid-1970s. The rest of South Kesteven operates the grammar school
of Olaszrizling (Welschriesling) grapes, and sailing and swimming facilities, as well as to revive the two-century-old tradition of socializing around spas, bathing and vacationing. The main events of the two-month-long summer holiday season include a ball for first-time visitors with a beauty contest and a wine-tasting festival, both in August. Füred (short for Balatonfüred) has six comprehensive schools, three grammar schools, a secondary modern school for viniculture, the Lajos
selective system of grammar (Grammar school) and secondary modern (Secondary modern school) non-Roman Catholic schools and a comprehensive Roman Catholic school (St John Plessington Catholic College). Until the implementation of the Education Reform Act 1988, education in Wirral continued to be organised in four areas; Birkenhead, Wallasey and the former parts of Cheshire known for education purposes as "Bebington" and "Deeside (Queensferry, Flintshire)"
: history.wilsonvillelibrary.org HistoricBuildings MethodistChurch.htm title Old Methodist Church work Wilsonville's Historic Buildings publisher City of Wilsonville Public Library accessdate June 3, 2009 Two years later, a new two-room school replaced the old one-room school, which in turn was replaced by a modern school in the mid 1900s, all on the same property. In 1939, the wooden trestle part of the railroad bridge across the Willamette caught fire and burned. Boones Ferry was decommissioned after the Boone Bridge (Boone Bridge (Oregon)) opened in 1954 carrying what was then the Baldock Freeway, and is today Interstate 5. In 1961, the Dammasch State Hospital mental hospital opened on the west side of the community. Gordon House (Gordon House (Oregon)), the only house in Oregon to be designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright, was built in 1963 near what became Charbonneau and moved to the Oregon Garden in 2001.