Lillooet

and it often vies with Lytton (Lytton, British Columbia) and Osoyoos for the title of "Canada's Hot Spot" on a daily basis in summer. History and culture thumb Welcome sign outside Lillooet. (File:LillooetBritish Columbia.JPG) Lillooet is an important location in Aboriginal history and culture and remains one of the main population centres of the St'at'imc (Lillooet Nation), and today it is one of the southernmost communities in North America where indigenous people

of several main streams with the Fraser and also because of a rock-shelf just above the confluence of the Bridge River which is an obstacle to migrating salmon. Many archaeological and heritage sites are in the vicinity of the town, including Keatley Creek Archaeological Site, one of the largest ancient pit house communities in the Pacific North West. This rock shelf, known in gold rush times as the Lower Fountain, was reputedly made by the trickster Coyote, leaping back and forth across

the river to create platforms for people to catch and dry fish on. This location, named Sat' or Setl in the native language and known as the Bridge River Rapids or Six Mile in English, is the busiest fishing site on the Fraser (Fraser River) above its mouth and there are numerous drying racks scattered around the banks of the river canyon around it. ''A Complex Culture of the Northwest Plateau'', ed. Bryan Hayden, SFU Archaeology Fraser Canyon Gold Rush


Couva

of Chaguanas and north of Claxton Bay and San Fernando (San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago). It is the primary urban and commercial centre for the Couva-Tabaquite-Talparo Regional Corporation, and the Greater Couva area includes the Point Lisas Industrial Estate and the Port of Point Lisas. Couva's southern boundary is at the town of California (California, Trinidad and Tobago), and to the north Couva stretches to McBean (both on the Trinidad Southern Main Road). To the east of Couva

is Balmain (Balmain, Trinidad and Tobago). To the west of Couva is the road to Waterloo and Carli Bay, which are located on the Gulf of Paria. Couva is part of the Caroni County. Couva is considered a major power base for the United National Congress (UNC) with its headquarters located at the Rienzi Complex (named after former labour leader Adrian Cola Rienzi) on the Southern Main Road. History The first British map of Trinidad, made in 1797 after the island

Main Road. Couva's major urban areas are: Mcbean Village (north of Couva town centre); Balmain incl. Central Park (east of the town centre); Isaac Settlement (south of the Southern Main Road); Lisas Gardens construction by the government (bounded between the Southern Main Road and Rivulet Road); Exchange Lots (north of Southern Main Road and in the centre of the town); and Couva North Gardens and Roystonia (north of Southern Main Road and occupies the former Exchange Estate area). Phases 1-3


CityRail

At the time of it cessation in June 2013, CityRail operated eight electric multiple unit classes for suburban and interurban working, and diesel multiple unit classes. All CityRail electric trains used 1500 V DC (List of current systems for electric rail traction) overhead electrification and travel on 1,435mm standard gauge tracks. Double deck rollingstock was first introduced in 1964 and after 1996, all electric multiple units were double deck

- 120px (File:CityRailbusgreen.png) Southern Highlands line (Southern Highlands railway line) Picton (Picton railway station) to Bowral (Bowral railway station) via Thirlmere (Thirlmere, New South Wales) on weekdays only Picton Coaches (Buslines Group) To provide a passenger service between midnight and 05:00 while leaving the tracks clear of trains for maintenance

nightride title Search train timetables work CityRail accessdate 2 December 2011 Network overview thumb The concourse of Central railway station, Sydney Central Railway Station (File:Inside central railway station. sydney.jpg), the main station on the CityRail network that opened in its present location in 1906 Most Intercity trains terminated at Central (Central railway station, Sydney) while most suburban (except Carlingford line (Carlingford railway line)) services


Zacatlán

are promoted through the annual Feria de la Manzana and Festival de la Sidra. It is also home to the Relojes Centenario company, the first clock factory in Latin America and the builder of the city’s double sided flower clock in the main square. The historic center of the city is filled with traditional houses with red tile roofs and Zacatlan was designated a “Pueblo Mágico” in 2011. Outside of the city proper, there is a significant indigenous population, the Piedras

Encimadas Valley with its rock formations and various waterfalls and ravines. The city The city of Zacatlán is located at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level in the Sierra Norte de Puebla region of the state, 130 kilometers from the state capital (Puebla, Puebla). Its main economic activities relate to agriculture and commerce.


Pahuatlán

;ref name "finsemana" The historic center of the town is its main plaza, which serves as a tianguis market on Sundays, selling handcrafts such as rebozos, other textiles, fresh flowers, ceramics, leather goods

and more, mostly from the surrounding rural communities. This plaza is surrounded by the main civic and religious structures of the area, such as the municipal palace. The main monumental structure in the municipality is the Santiago Apóstol parish from the 16th century. The patron saint of the municipality is the Apostle James the Great (James, son of Zebedee), whose feast day is celebrated on 25 June here with masses

, processions, fireworks and traditional dance including the Voladores (Danza de los Voladores). thumb left View of the parish church (File:SantiagoApostolPahuatlan01.JPG) The Casa de Cultura has paintings and literature related to the municipality. The main handcrafts store is the Casa del Amate (House of Amate Paper (Amate)) located on the main road heading towards the town center. In addition to selling the local


Villa de Leyva

in the area. History It was founded on June 12, 1572 by Hernán Suarez de Villalobos and named after the first president of the New Kingdom of Granada, Andrés Díaz Venero de Leiva. Attractions and points of interest One of the main areas of interests is the ''Plaza Mayor'' (Main Square), which is "one of the largest town squares in South America," where the town Church, many

restaurants and stores are located. The main square and most of the streets near downtown are paved with stones to recreate the paving during colonial times. Near the town itself and about 1 km away from the main square is "El museo Museo paleontológico" de la Universidad Nacional. There are several attractions located about 30 minutes drive from downtown, including an ostrich farm, a museum (El Fósil) and an old astronomic observatory made of phallic stones (" El Infiernito

a gastronomical festival, the water festival, the tree festival, the Kite Festival in August, the onion beauty pageant in October, and the Festival of the Lights in December. One of Villa de Leyva's main attractions is the town's many restaurants serving international cuisine, including Italian, French and Spanish dishes. The town and Boyacá region are known for the green beauty of the landscapes. Villa


Armidale, New South Wales

Armidale railway station is located on the Main North railway line (Main North railway line, New South Wales) and is served by daily passenger trains to and from Sydney. Armidale consists of its own modern airport with five daily scheduled flights to and from Sydney with Qantaslink. Armidale Airport, at 1,084 metres (3,556 ft), is the highest licensed airport in New South Wales. The city is linked further north by daily Coach (vehicle) coach

. The city centre is laid out in a grid of streets. The main street is called Beardy Street, named for two of the founding settlers who had beards. ''Sydney Morning Herald'' online travel section The court house was built in the 1850s and is still a prominent feature of the central district. Much of the rest of the city is residential. The Australian Wool Fashion Awards, which showcases

is in the 10-24 year age group, compared with an equivalent NSW figure of only 19.4% (2001 Census). University of New England ''Main article:'' University of New England (University of New England, Australia) The university was founded in 1938, at first as a college of the University of Sydney, but then in its own right in 1954. The UNE contributes to Armidale's position as a city of culture and diversity, with a vibrant artistic and cultural element. The university has strong links


San Gil

latm lats latNS N longd longm longs longEW W timezone Colombia Standard Time utc_offset -5 timezone_DST utc_offset_DST elevation_m elevation_ft website www.sangil.gov.co footnotes thumb right View of the main square of San Gil, Santander, 1999. (Image:Sangil1.jpg) '''San Gil''' is a town municipality in the Department of Santander

entrance fee. The park has a number of paths running through its 10-acre area and by the city’s main river, “Rio Fonce”. The park’s name comes from the 1867 characteristic “gallinero” trees planted throughout the whole

area. San Gil's main square is called "Parque la Libertad" (Liberty Park), which is the most common meeting place in the town and a hub for night life. The town's main cathedral, built in 1791 and remodeled in 1965, is located in this area. “Parque Nacional del Chicamocha” (Chicamocha National Park or PANACHI) is another Eco-tourist park located roughly 1 hour away from San Gil, placed on a scenic spot in the Chicamocha Canyon. The park has a museum, hiking trails, rafting


Allgemeine SS

Schutzstaffel.svg 23px ''Schutzstaffel'' child1_agency RSHA (Gestapo, Sicherheitspolizei, SD (Sicherheitsdienst) and Kriminalpolizei (Kriminalpolizei#Nazi_Germany)) child2_agency SS Economic and Administrative Departments (SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt) child3_agency SS Courts Office (Hauptamt SS-Gericht) child4_agency SS Office of Race and Settlement (RuSHA) SS Personalhauptamt SS Education Office VOMI Main Welfare Office

for Ethnic Germans (RKFVD (Hauptamt_Volksdeutsche_Mittelstelle#RKFDV)) website footnotes The '''Allgemeine SS''' ("General SS") was the most numerous branch of the Schutzstaffel (SS) paramilitary forces of Nazi Germany. It was managed by the SS-Hauptamt ( ). The Allgemeine SS was officially established in the autumn of 1934 to distinguish its members from the SS-Verfügungstruppe (which later became the Waffen-SS

Workers Party NSDAP . It was considered to be an elite organization by both party members and the general population. The main task of the SS was the personal protection of the Führer of the Nazi Party, Adolf Hitler. As early as the winter of 1925 the SS consisted of approximately 1,000 members, but of this number there were barely 200 active members. Heinrich Himmler tried to separate the SS from the SA, and SA leaders generally had no authority over SS personnel from 1927


SS-Reichssicherheitshauptamt

der Sicherheitspolizei und des SD'' agency_type Secret Police parent_agency Ministry of the Interior (nominally) 23px (File:Flag Schutzstaffel.svg) ''Allgemeine SS'' child1_agency Gestapo child2_agency ''Sicherheitsdienst'' child3_agency ''Sicherheitspolizei'' child4_agency ''Kriminalpolizei'' website footnotes The '''RSHA''', or '''''Reichssicherheitshauptamt''''' (Reich Main Security Office McNab, Chris

. ''The SS: 1923–1945'', p. 41. or Reich Security Head Office Evans, Richard J. ''The Third Reich at War'', p. 919. ) was an organization subordinate to Heinrich Himmler in his dual capacities as ''Chef der Deutschen Polizei'' (Chief


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017