greensburg-before-the-tornado Photos before 2007 tornado '''Other sites''' * The Big Well and Pallasite Meteorite * Kiowa County Signal * USD 422, local school district * Greensburg City Map Category:Cities in Kansas Category:County seats in Kansas Category:Cities in Kiowa
); John M. James P.S. (1999) and Harold Longworth P.S. (2003) all accommodating gradual population increases and building developments in specific demographic areas of the town. The local school board was amalgamated with neighboring jurisdictions to form the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board in 1997. As the town grew and prospered, so arrived Bowmanville's grand era of architectural building and refinement. Many excellently maintained specimens of Italianate, Gothic Revival, Colonial Brick and Queen Anne architecture remain in Bowmanville's older central neighborhoods. Much of Bowmanville's residential and commercial architectural heritage was either lost or threatened by demolition and modern development from 1950 to 1980, but a 25 year renaissance in appreciation and awareness (led largely by local historians and LACAC members) helped to preserve the precious remnants of days gone by. Bowmanville was incorporated as a village in 1852 and as a town in 1858. In 1974, the town was amalgamated with neighbouring Clarke Township (Clarke Township, Ontario) and Darlington Township (Darlington Township, Ontario) to form the '''Town of Newcastle''' as part of the municipal restructuring that created the Regional Municipality of Durham. The Town of Newcastle was renamed '''Municipality of Clarington''' in 1994. Subdivided housing developments first arrived in the 1950s, with a significant increase in housing development through the 1980s and 1990s. The population rose to about 10,000 in the 1970s, about 20,000 in the 1980s, about 25,000 in the 1990s and today is about 35,000. Transportation improvements in the 1980s included a widening of Highway 401 (first built through Bowmanville in 1952) to six lanes and of Highway 2 to 4 5 lanes. Many have referred to this as the "Lane Era" of Bowmanville. Prisoner of war camp Camp 30, the Lake Ontario Officers' Camp-Bowmanville, held captive German army officers from the Afrika Korps, fliers from the Luftwaffe and naval officers from the Kriegsmarine. Farms surrounded the camp that had been a delinquent boys' school prior to the war. In several accounts by former POWs, the prison was represented as very humane, in that the prisoners were well treated and well fed. Among the German officers transferred from England to Bowmanville was Korvettenkapitän Otto Kretschmer, who was the top U-boat ace of World War II. Kretschmer assumed the duties of the senior naval officer, sharing the command with the senior Luftwaffe officer Oberstleutnant Hans Hefele and the senior army officer General Leutnant Hans von Ravenstein. The Bowmanville boys' school had been quickly turned into a POW camp by surrounding the existing school buildings with a barbed wire fence. The facility, which had been designed to house 300 boys, was cramped and undersized for grown men. Two '''Darlington Provincial Park''' is a part of the Ontario Provincial Parks system. It is located just south of Highway 401 (Highway 401 (Ontario)) near the town of Courtice, between the cities of Bowmanville and Oshawa. A small park, the topography is dominated by gentle hills, a terminal moraine deposited by glaciers at the end of the last Ice Age. The park borders on the northern shore of Lake Ontario also encloses McLaughlin Bay. The Bay is shallow, and at some point in the 1990s was completely closed off from the lake by the action of the waves. The property bordering the park to the west is the home of General Motors Corporation's Canadian headquarters.
in present-day north-western Iran. He finished religious studies in Mahabad and became a cleric, and a teacher in the local school. He moved to Sulaimaniya in 1900 and stayed there for a while. He travelled to Mecca three times, the last one in 1902. He was accompanied by the Kurdish poet Piramerd. During his last pilgrimage, he became ill and died in the region between Iraq and Syria. Since Mamle was a Kurdish political activist, he was arrested several times
civil parish of '''Harworth and Bircotes''' with its neighbour Harworth. The parish has a population of around 8,000 people. The nearest major towns are Doncaster and Worksop. The local school is Serlby Park. - 64 Bassetlaw 637.85 District Nottinghamshire - Early life Born '''Edith Agnes Kathleen Bruce''' at Carlton in Lindrick, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, she was the youngest of eleven children of Canon Lloyd Stuart Bruce (1829–1886
Maronites, now officially funded by the Israeli Ministry of Education until 8th grade in the local school. ref>
Hermitage.JPG Saint Blaise's Hermitage File:Rollo Judicial de Candeleda.JPG Candeleda's Pillory Sights * '''Ethnographic Museum''' : The museum, located in a building on Corredera Street that was once the local school and an antimalarial dispensary, has two floors each of 100 m2 with three different exhibitions, two of them temporary (in 2012 «Candeleda, a royal visit "and" Celts in Southern Gredos'). The third is permanent and ethnographic in nature and you can see a coat of arms from the sixteenth century, as well as items donated by townspeople, such as two millstones from the Iron Age and an apothecary pestle. The museum, which opened in April 2012, cost € 377 000 to complete. Category:Municipalities in the Province of Ávila Category:Populated places in the Province of Ávila
, Tauragė and Raseiniai regions). Historically, these are classified by their pronunciation of the Lithuanian (Lithuanian language) word ''Duona,'' "bread." They are referred to as Dounininkai (from ''Douna''), Donininkai (from ''Dona'') and Dūnininkai (from ''Dūna''). Political situation The Samogitian dialect is rapidly declining: it is not used in the local school system and there is only one quarterly magazine and no television broadcasts in Samogitian. There are some radio broadcasts in Samogitian (in Klaipėda and Telšiai). Local newspapers and broadcast stations use standard Lithuanian (Lithuanian language) instead. There is no new literature in Samogitian either, as authors prefer standard Lithuanian for its accessibility to a larger audience. Out of those people who speak Samogitian, only a few can understand its written form well. He held the following titles: Majorat (Ordynat) of Nieśwież, Master of the Pantry (stolnik) of Lithuania (since 1652), Curver (krajczy) of Lithuania (since 1653), Cupbearer (podczaszy) of Lithuania (since 1656), castellan of Vilnius (since 1661), Voivode of the Vilnius Voivodeship (since 1667), Deputy Chancellor of Lithuania (1668) and Field Hetman of Lithuania. He was also a starost of Upita (Upytė), Przemyśl, Człuchów, Kamieniec (Kamieniec Podolski), Chojnice, Lida, Telsze (Telšiai), Rabsztyn, Choteń (Choten), Homel, Ostra, Gulbin, and several other towns in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. '''Telshe yeshiva''' was a famous Eastern European yeshiva founded in the Lithuanian town of Telšiai. After World War II the yeshiva relocated to Wickliffe, Ohio, in the United States and is currently known as the '''Rabbinical College of Telshe''', (commonly referred to as ''Telz Yeshiva'' or ''Telz'' in short.) It is one of the most prominent Haredi (Haredi Judaism) institutions of Torah study. History The yeshiva was founded in 1875 in the town of Telšiai ("Telshe" in Russian (Russian language) or "Telz" in Yiddish (Yiddish language)) to provide for the religious educational needs of young Jewish men in Telshe and its surrounding towns. '''Eugenijus Gentvilas''' (born 14 March 1960 in Telšiai) is a Lithuanian politician, signatory of the Act of the Re-Establishment of the State of Lithuania and Member of the European Parliament for the Liberal and Centre Union (Liberal Movement (Liberal Movement (Lithuania)) since 2006), sitting with the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for EuropeHe was mayor of Klaipėda from 1997 to 2001. In mid-2001, Gentvilas briefly acted as Prime Minister of Lithuania. Descendents The ''Ravad'' had many descendants, several hundred of whom today are named Raivid, Rayvid, Ravid, and Ravad. Family records indicate they made their way to Spain, where they appeared in Toledo (Toledo, Spain) and Barcelona and were reputedly advisers in the court of Ferdinand and Isabella. After the Inquisition, they were exiled to Italy, from whence they made their way to northern, and then later eastern, Europe, where they served as rabbis in Telšiai, Lithuania, and teachers in its Telshe yeshiva. Before the First World War, they emigrated to Brazil, Canada, England, Israel, Ireland, South Africa, and the United States, where they reside today. In Lithuania the line consisted of four fortified regions: *1. Telšiai fortified region (line from Palanga to Judrėnai, 75 kilometers, 8 centers of resistance, 23 bunkers built and 366 under construction on June 22, 1941). *2. Šiauliai fortified region (line from Pajūris to Jurbarkas, 90 kilometers, 6 centers of resistance, 27 bunkers built and 403 under construction). At the age of thirteen he was sent away from home to Telšiai and then to Vilijampolė (Slabodka yeshiva), where were situated two of the well known Yeshivot or academies for the study of Talmud. There he remained until the age of 15 and studied rabbinical lore with great zeal, the value of such studies resembling more than anything else the studies of the Schoolmen in the Middle Ages. Studies in Lithuania In 1924, at age 16, Shimon enrolled in the yeshiva in Telshe yeshiva located in Telšiai, Lithuania, where he studied Talmud intensively for three years, and afterwards spent two years in the Mir yeshiva (Mir Yeshiva (Poland)). It was not very common for German-Jewish students to study in Eastern-European ''yeshivot'', but two of Shimon's brothers (Moshe and Mordechai) would later follow the same path. thumb right Act of Lithuanian independence, Narutowicz's signature visible in the right column, third from the bottom (Image:Nepriklausomybes aktas.gif) '''Stanisław Narutowicz''' ( WikiPedia:Telšiai
, accessed January 24, 2009 Froese was born in Winkler, Manitoba to Jacob J. and Margaret (Enns) Froese. His Father was an Old Colony Mennonite Church bishop from 1936 to 1968. He was educated in the local school system and worked as a farmer, also becoming a leading figure in the Winkler Credit Union Society. He married Mary Peters, and together they had 10 children. Early in his life, he was a Young Liberal (Liberal Party of Canada). group2 Cities (List of cities in Canada#Manitoba) list2 Brandon (Brandon, Manitoba) DATE OF BIRTH September 28, 1982 PLACE OF BIRTH Winkler, Manitoba, Canada DATE OF DEATH '''CJEL-FM''' (93.5 FM (FM broadcasting), "The Eagle 93.5") is a radio station broadcasting a soft adult contemporary music (adult contemporary music) format. Licensed to Winkler, Manitoba, it serves the Pembina Valley region (Pembina Valley Region, Manitoba) of Manitoba.