pillory is an interesting piece of local history (Hu:Református templom, lelkészlak. Loc: Kossuth Lajos utca 40. email@example.com), Peregi St. Michael's Catholic Church (1774) (Hu:Szent Mihály katolikus templom. Loc:Pereg district), Lacházi St. Ladislaus Catholic Church, (Hu:Lacházi (Szent László) katolikus templom. Loc:Lacház district), -Angyalos house here cany ou see the local historical collection. The house was built in 1906, in mixed eclecticism and historicism style. (Hu: Angyalosház. Loc:Kiskunlacháza, Szent Imre utca 40-42. firstname.lastname@example.org May- Oct, Wed 14:00-17:00), - Cemetery chapel of Pereg (Hu:Peregi temető kápolna. Loc: Pereg district), Hajós mansion, the Classicist building now as a guest-house catering for equestrian tourists (Hu:Hajós-kúria – Bankháza. Loc: Hajós estate, on the outskirts of neighboring Apajpuszta). Do * Wikipedia:Ráckeve
: abonyimuzeum.shp.hu hpc web.php?a abonyimuzeum Abonyi Lajos Exhibition Hall , local historical collection (Vasút út 16., Phone:+36 53 360096, email@example.com), "Vigyázó" Mansion, Classicist, Baroque style monument building (Tószegi utca 51.,Phone: +36 53 360075, visit only from outside but valued), St Stephen Roman Catholic Church, bulit in 1790's in baroque style. (Kossuth tér 14.,Phone: +36 53 360045, firstname.lastname@example.org), Reformed Church, built
Taylor (pop. 1,300), and Hudson's Hope (Hudson's Hope, British Columbia) (pop. 1,150). As you can see they are all in different stages of development. They follow the same structure which was based on some of the better FAs on other cities. I have found that the best resource for these have been the local historical associations. Personal knowledge of the town has also been invaluable. --maclean25 (User:Maclean25) 04:40, 23 November 2005 (UTC) Image:WestCoast_pipeline.png right thumb
to accommodate visitors. http: www.lillooetbc.com Visitors Things-to-do Kaoham-Shuttle.aspx See *
of fields and dense woodlands, including five ponds.
established in 1958, is one of Australia's longest-running festivals. The festival takes place annually in October, celebrating the arrival of Spring and providing opportunities for residents and visitors to engage with local businesses and other organisations. The Goodness Sustainability and Innovation Festival is held each August in and around Geraldton and showcases and celebrates innovation and achievement towards sustainability in the Mid West. Beaches thumb left St Georges Beach (File:St Georges Beach.jpg) The main beaches in Geraldton are Tarcoola Beach, Back Beach
the same structure which was based on some of the better FAs on other cities. I have found that the best resource for these have been the local historical associations. Personal knowledge of the town has also been invaluable. --maclean25 (User:Maclean25) 04:40, 23 November 2005 (UTC) '''Chetwynd Airport''', , is located adjacent to Chetwynd (Chetwynd, British Columbia), British Columbia, Canada. '''Denny Morrison''' (born September 8, 1985 in Chetwynd
Sports thumb The popular sport in Mazatlan is the baseball (File:Beisbol mazatlan.jpg), which represents the equipment Venados de Mazatlan. Baseball is very popular among mazatlecos.25 The representative team called Venados de Mazatlán is integrated into the Mexican Pacific League. The league begins in mid-October and ends in late December. Then in January are the playoffs and the eight teams that make up the league, one is the representative of Mexico in the Caribbean Series, but that place has to make the final. Mazatlan is a major sporting center of the country, as important activities and renowned also carry such as the marathon and triathlon peaceful, in which not only domestic but also foreign participating athletes. Another sport that has been practiced for over 25 years in the port is football, with major achievements both statewide and nationally. One of the initiators cricket teams were Redskins Mazatlan. Media thumb General Rafael Buelna International Airport (File:Aeropuerto mazatlan.JPG). It has an international airport (General Rafael Buelna International Airport) (IATA Code: MZT) denominated Rafael Buelna who has daily domestic and international flights to the United States and Canada. By land, Mazatlan is connected to the north and south Culiacan to Tepic and Guadalajara via highway 15 and the corresponding Federal Highway 15D. To the east is connected to Durango Highway 40 and the corresponding Federal Highway 40D. Ferries make the daily journey to La Paz, Baja California Sur, while a varied number of cruise ships visiting the port every week from the United States. Durango-Mazatlán highway thumb The Baluarte Bridge (File:Mzt 7.jpg) in Durango-Mazatlán Highway. thumb Libramiento Mazatlán. (File:Libramiento mzt.webm) The Durango-Mazatlán Highway is a highway linking the cities of Mazatlan and Durango crossing the Sierra Madre Occidental. With an investment of over 28 billion pesos, Durango-Mazatlán Highway is one of the boldest projects and Mexico complexes. Key Features * 230 km in length. * 63 tunnels. * 115 bridges including the Baluarte Bridge. * Track width for two lanes to four lanes sections. * Initial estimated cost for the work of 8218.5 million, 2 with a final estimate of 28,600 million pesos. * Generating 4,500 direct jobs and 10,000 indirect. * Stretch of 7.7 km of 4 lanes (including the Baluarte Bridge) Main sections * Tunnel "The Sinaloa" with 2.794 meters. * Baluarte bridge with a center span of 520 meters and a total length of 1.124 meters. * Bridge Parlors. Time Reduction of 6 to 8 hours to 3 hours. Political Situation In the municipality of Mazatlán two electoral preferences are distinguished. While the inhabitants of the receiverships, police stations and other villages in the municipality continue voting traditionally by the Institutional Revolutionary Party, in this city a phenomenon of electoral alternation shown. Mazatlán was governed by municipal presidents arisen from the ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party. It was from the municipal elections of 1989 when he won the municipal presidency candidate of the National Action Party (National Action Party (Mexico)) (PAN), Rice Humberto García (1990-1992). However the Institutional Revolutionary Party regained the municipality when in the elections of 1992 he won the Mr. Martin Gavica Garduño (1993-1995). However, for the period 1996-1998 the PAN Alejandro Camacho Mendoza reclaimed the municipality for his party, and he held it in the next period (1999-2001) Alejandro Higuera Osuna through. In elections for the 2002-2004 period both the National Action Party and the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) were defeated by the Labour Party (Labor Party (Mexico)) candidate, Jorge Alberto Rodriguez Steps. However, a few months after taking oath as mayor, Rodriguez Steps was deposed by the State Congress faced a charge for domestic violence that which he was accused by his own wife. His place was taken by Gerardo Ramirez Rosete, the same party. Shortly thereafter, in a move seen as a ruse of the PRI state government was replaced by Ricardo Ramírez González, a member of the Institutional Revolutionary Party. In elections for the 2005-2007 period new account Alejandro Higuera Osuna PAN occupied the Municipal Presidency until June 2007 when he resigned to contest elections for local deputy; the 12th of that month and year was replaced by Isaac Lopez Arregui. In elections for the period 2008-2010 the Institutional Revolutionary Party regained the town with its candidate Jorge Abel Lopez Sanchez. Since April 2010, the town of Mazatlan is in a political situation very with great influences both the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) and National Action Party (National Action Party (Mexico)) , since the last election to mayor which was won by PRI Jorge Abel Lopez Sanchez, who defeated a former PAN and petetista government (PT), that was the last time that Mazatlan has had a PRI government. In July 2010, in the election for Governor, Local And Municipal Presidents Deputies for the first loss occurred in PRI governor of Sinaloa. Mario López Valdez, hitherto Sinaloa Senator and member of the PRI, PRI giving both its membership and the senate, defeated the PRI representing one of the controversial alliances PAN and the PRD (Party of the Democratic Revolution). This PRI hegemony in the state was completed. Another important event is the third choice Alejandro Higuera Osuna PAN won the municipal presidency of Mazatlan. In addition, the PAN won a historic vote statewide. Educational Institutions Notes French explorer Duflot de Mofras that by 1840's, based foreign traders in Mazatlán impelled the opening of the first public school in the city. Still in 1872 there were only two schools of primary instruction. In 1873 the Liceo Rosales, which over time would become the Autonomous University of Sinaloa was founded. Currently in Mazatlan, plus preschool, elementary, middle and high schools, colleges and faculties of both public and private institutions are based. Of those, the main ones are the Autonomous University of Sinaloa, Mazatlan Institute of Technology, the University of the West, the Polytechnic University of Sinaloa and Nautical School of Mazatlán. Of these universities, only the Autonomous University of Sinaloa is public. Those belonging to the private sector, in addition to those mentioned above, also excel campuses TecMilenio University, Universidad Autónoma de Durango and Sinaloa Superior Institute of Technology. The National Autonomous University of Mexico, UNAM, counts in the city with an academic unit specializing in science sea. The Center for Food Research and Development. History Mazatlan early settlers According to historians, Indigenous (Indigenous peoples of Mexico) groups were in the region of Mazatlan prior to the arrival of the Spanish. These groups included the Totorames, who lived from the south bank of the River Piaxtla, to the Río de las Cañas, as well as the Xiximes, who lived in the mountains in the bordering the state of Durango. Until the early 19th century, Mazatlán was a collection of huts inhabited by indigenous people whose major occupation was fishing, according to Abel Aubert du Petit-Thouars (Abel Aubert Dupetit Thouars), a French explorer. In 1829 a Filipino banker named Juan Nepomuceno Machado arrived and established commercial relations with vessels coming to Mazatlán from far off places such as Chile, Peru, the United States, Europe, and Asia Pacific. By 1836 the city had a population of between 4,000 and 5,000. Foundation of the city, colonial period During the early years of the Spanish conquest in Sinaloa, the region currently occupied by the municipality of Mazatlan remained uninhabited. The nearest town was Chametla, which was occupied by the Spanish in 1531, and lent its name to the province, despite being abandoned shortly afterward. In 1534 the Valley of Mazatlan was divided into 25 Castellanos by an unknown person who did not stay for long. In 1576, Don Hernando de Bazán, Governor and Captain General of Nueva Vizcaya, sent Captain Martin Hernandez with his father, brothers and soldiers to occupy the site of Mazatlan, granting them land and titles in return. The Captain's claims were ratified in the City of Durango in 1639 and endorsed in the same city in 1650. The entry of Nuño de Guzmán to Sinaloa in 1531, and the appointment of the conquered lands as provinces prompted the internal territorial division in the State. Chametla was occupied by the Spanish and listed as a province spanning from the River to the Rio Cañas Elota to the boundary with the province of Culiacan. Both provinces belonged to the kingdom of New Galicia. In 1565 the town of Chametla was gradually diminished by ongoing Indian raids. That year, Captain Francisco de Ibarra recovered the territory south of the state, rebuilt Chametla and founded the Villa de San Sebastian (known as Concordia today), and awarded the region to New Vizcaya. The provinces under his jurisdiction included the villages of San Sebastián, Mazatlan and its port, and Charcas Copala Royals and Finance Panuco. During the last years of the seventeenth century and early eighteenth centuries, the territory within Sinaloa remained unchanged, until, in 1732, the provinces of Sonora and Ostimuri were united, as were the provinces of Sinaloa, Culiacan, and Rosario with San Felipe and Santiago being the principal cities. In 1749 Sinaloa was divided into five provinces with their mayors and lieutenancy: Maloya, with jurisdiction over Chametla Rosario, San Jose, Copala, with jurisdiction over San Ignacio, Piaxtla and Mazatlán, Culiacán, with jurisdiction over Badiraguato, and Sinaloa that bordered the Rio Mayo. In 1786, the intendant system was implemented because of the need to establish a provincial government. Arizpe Municipality was formed out of the territories of Sonora and Sinaloa. That year, the first mayor, Garrido Durán subdelagaciones, established eleven, eight of them in Sinaloa Mazatlan being within the sub Copala, later called San Sebastian. Independent Mexico Among the first decrees that the legislature enacted, it has the addition of each of the eleven districts, the name of one of the leading insurgents, corresponds to the Union Villa Mariano Balleza, parish priest Dolores Hidalgo joined the night of September 15, 1810. In 1813, the Cadiz constitution came into effect. Article 310 of that constitution provided for the installation of local councils in towns that had more than 1,000 inhabitants. In 1814 Fernando VII repealed that constitution but it was later reinstated in 1820, and the first municipalities in Sinaloa were founded. In the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century, Mazatlán was a native fishing village located north of Cerro de la Aduana. In 1821 it was declared the first port of Mazatlan on Mexico's Pacific coast. Jurisdictionally, Mazatlan remained dependent on the sub-delegation of San Sebastian, unaffected by the divisions between the states of Sonora and Sinaloa. In 1824 they got together to form the State of West. After the imposition of new internal division of five departments and municipalities divided into parties, Mazatlan was in the department of San Sebastian, which was formed with the parties of its name, San Ignacio and the Rosary, with a limit to the River of Reeds. In 1830 he decreed the dissolution of the West in two states. The first constitution of the state of Sinaloa, promulgated on December 12, 1831 divided the territory into eleven districts with their respective parties, leaving the district town of La Union separated from Concord and San Ignacio. According to the French navigator Abel Aubert du Petit-Thouars a Spanish banker named Machado, through his commercial activities, gave impetus to that village to make it in 1836, a village where there lived between four and five thousand people. It then became the largest port on the Mexican Pacific. Invasions Between 1847 and 1848, Mazatlan was invaded and occupied by the U.S. military. Ten years later, in 1859, the port was blockaded by the British warship Amethyst. On November 13, 1864 the French Army and the Imperialist forces took possession of Mazatlan, until they were deported on November 13, 1866 by the forces of General Ramón Corona. After customs officials seized twenty-three ounces of gold to the payer of British warship Chanticleer'',''the June 18, 1868 he blockaded the port, and its captain, William H. Bridge, threatened to bomb the city on November 22. '''The Gold Rush''' During the California Gold Rush, Mazatlan, attracted prospective miners from as far away as the United States east coast. Many of them arrived at Mexican ports on the Gulf and then rode for weeks to get to Mazatlan. However, they did not spend much time in Mazatlan before boarding a ship to San Francisco. '''Mazatlan Plan''' When Félix Zuloaga Tacubaya proclaimed the Plan of ignoring the Constitution of 1857, the garrison of the Plaza de Mazatlán not remained outside this proclamation, and the first of January 1858 proclaimed the Plan of Mazatlan, which seconded Felix Zuloaga. Mazatlan, Sinaloa capital Until the year 1853 had been the capital Culiacan, Sinaloa state. However, this year the powers were transferred to Mazatlan. On July 22, 1867 the federal government passed a law that forbade the state capitals were at the ports. As a result of this law, the September 20, 1873 the State Legislature decreed that declared capital Culiacan state again. '''City Bombing''' On the morning of November 13, 1864 the French Navy ships fired twelve cannon shots into the city, causing minor damage to several homes but causing no deaths. The attack stopped when the prefect of the city made known to the invaders that the Mexican Army had left the square and he formally handed them (Capture of Mazatlán). On June 26, 1880 Jesus Ramirez former general in command of 400 men stormed the garrison of the square and appropriated Mazatlan. After imposing a compulsory loan traders, had to leave the city when it was bombed again by the''Democratic''Mexican warship, which during its attack, caused a high number of women and children to be killed or wounded. Of the 24 cannon shots fired, only three hit the headquarters of the sharp and the rest landed on the neighboring houses. '''Mazatlán Lighthouse''' Mazatlán's famous lighthouse began operating in mid-1879. The maritime signals were manufactured in Paris, France, and consisted of a large oil lamp with mirrors to reflect and enhance light. Because the light was static, from a distance it was often mistaken for a star. It was not until 1905, that the lamp was replaced and incorporated a revolving turntable. At that time period, the Mazatlan lighthouse was considered the highest in the world. '''''The Mazatlan Times''''' Mazatlan ''The Times'' was a weekly published by the American A. D. Jones The first issue appeared on May 12, 1863. The publisher boasted that his was the only weekly English language not only of Mazatlan and Sinaloa, but throughout Mexico. Siglo XIX The constitution of 1852 decreed a new internal division in Sinaloa, which reduced it to nine Districts, by deleting the San Ignacio which was annexed to the Cosalá, and Choix which is annexed to El Fuerte, and amending the name of the district Villa de la Union, the port of Mazatlan. That same constitution decrees the headquarters facility policies and councils in each district. In 1861 political headquarters are deleted and become prefectures, the same year the State Legislature adopted Act on Municipalities. For 1868 the district had five municipalities Mazatlan, one in the central header and the other in Villa Union, Siqueiros, La Noria and The Milkweed. In 1873, according to the census of the State, the District of Mazatlán 26.298 inhabitants had been reduced to three the number of municipalities: its name, Villa Union and La Noria. Siqueiros had annexed in 1870 to the central hall and the Milkweed for mayor of La Noria. Porfiriato Prefectures in 1880 changed its name and become political directorate subdivided into municipalities and guardhouse. The growth of towns influenced the subdivisions within districts. Thus, in 1882 the village of El Venadillo is elevated to the category of people. In 1883 Siqueiros with the municipal government and the bend stands a header directorship Siqueros policy, however, the reforms enacted in May 1887, abolishing the mayor of Siqueros being attached to their people for mayor of Mazatlan. A year later, the village of El chilillos stands in town, belonging to the central hall. Mexican Revolution In 1912 the municipalities enact law No.21 as a form of internal division of the State, however it is until 1915 when it abolished by law the political directorate, when erected the first free communes. With the publication of the decree creating the municipality of Mazatlan, in the official newspaper of April 8, 1915, independent life begins in the region. The Constitution of 1917, culminating in the first constitutional governor, General Ramón F. Iturbe, born in Mazatlan, confirms the sixteen municipalities in which they divided the State, which would be subdivided into receiverships and police stations. Wonder of Mexico In September 2007, Mazatlan was considered one of the 13 Wonders of Mexico made by man. The city has seen some turbulent times. During the Mexican-American War (1846–48) the U.S. Army took the city and, in order to avoid the shelling of the city, the Mexican army abandoned it. Almost twenty years later, on the morning of November 13, 1864, a French man-of-war fired on the city twelve times but there were no casualties; Mazatlán then became part of the Second Mexican Empire under Maximilian (Maximilian I of Mexico) (vestiges of French influence may still be found in the architecture of many buildings in Centro Historico). On November 13, 1866, the Mexican general Ramon Corona expelled the imperialists from Mazatlán. On June 18, 1868, William H. Bridge, captain of ''HMS Chanticleer'', blockaded the port and threatened to shell the city on June 22. The captain had taken umbrage after local Customs Authorities seized 23 ounces of gold from the paymaster of his ship. The City of Mazatlán has the dubious distinction of being the second city in the world after Tripoli, Libya, to suffer aerial bombardment (although the local historical display at the ''plazuela'' claims that Mazatlán was the first). During the Mexican revolution of 1910–17 General Venustiano Carranza (later president), intent on taking the city of Mazatlán, ordered a biplane to drop a crude bomb of nails and dynamite wrapped in leather on the target of Neveria Hill adjacent to the downtown area of Mazatlán. The crude bomb landed off target on the city streets of Mazatlán, killing two citizens and wounding several others. During the Gold Rush, fortune hunters from the United States East Coast sailed from New York Harbor and other Atlantic ports to Mexican ports in the Gulf of Mexico. Debarking, the aspiring miners travelled overland for weeks to Mazatlán, where they would embark from the port to arrive in San Francisco in another four to five weeks. right 300px thumb The lighthouse (File:Mazatlan El Faro 1.jpg) "El Faro" Mazatlán's lighthouse (El Faro) began to shine by mid-1879. The lamp had been handcrafted in Paris, containing a large oil lamp with mirrors and a Fresnel lens to focus the light. Since the light
real ", meaning that it was attached to non-noble lands (that is, even nobles possessing such lands were required to pay taxes on them). Finally, ''pays d'imposition'' were recently conquered lands which had their own local historical institutions (they were similar to the ''pays d'état'' under which they are sometimes grouped), although taxation was overseen by the royal intendant. Beside this continuing unrest, present in all of the provinces, Dauphiné, Picardy, in Carcassone, Alsace, etc., various Republican conspiracies threatened the government (conspiracy of the ''Tours de Notre-Dame'' in January 1832, of the ''rue des Prouvaires'' in February 1832, etc.) Even the trials were seized by the Republicans as a tribune opportunity: at the trial of the Blanquist ''Société des Amis du peuple'' in January 1832, Raspail harshly criticized the king while Auguste Blanqui gave free way to his socialist ideas. All of the accused denounced the government's tyranny, the incredibly high cost of Louis-Philippe's civil list, police persecutions, etc. The omnipresence of the French police, organized during the French First Empire by Fouché, was depicted by the Legitimist writer Balzac (Honoré de Balzac) in ''Splendeurs et misères des courtisanes''. The strength of the opposition led the royal prince to shift a bit more to the right-wing. Life Born in Grenoble, he was the fourth son of a rich banker and manufacturer, Claude Perier (1742–1801), in whose house (Château de Vizille) the estates of Dauphiné met in 1788. Claude Perier was one of the first directors of the Bank of France. Three of his eight sons, Casimir (1777–1832), Scipion (1776–1821) and Joseph (1786–1866) were in the forefront of business and finance during the Bourbon Restoration. The family moved to Paris after the revolution of Thermidor (1794), and Casimir joined the army of Italy (army of Italy (France)) in 1798. Regency Upon the death of his maternal grandfather Louis XIV in 1715, his father (the old king's nephew) was selected to be the regent of the country for the five year old new king, Louis XV. The court was moved to Paris so his father could govern the country with the young king close by his side. Louis XV was installed in the Palais du Louvre opposite the Palais-Royal, the Paris home of the Orléans family. During the regency, Louis was seen as the "third personage of the kingdom" immediately after Louis XV and his own father, the Regent. He was formally admitted to the ''Conseil de Régence'' on 30 January 1718. Despite his father's wishes, though, Louis was never to play an overly public or political role in France. The following year, he was made the governor of the Dauphiné. He was not forced, however, to move there in order to fulfill his new duties. Later, he gave the title back to the Crown. In 1720, he became ''Grand Master of the Order of Saint-Lazare and Jerusalem''. In 1721, under his father's influence, he was named ''Colonel général de l'Infanterie (Colonel General (France))'' and held that post until 1730. Hugh V (Hugh V, Duke of Burgundy) died in 1315; his brother Odo IV (Odo IV, Duke of Burgundy) succeeded. Himself the grandson of King Louis IX of France by his mother, Agnes of France (Agnes of France, Duchess of Burgundy), he would also be the brother-in-law of two French kings – Louis X (Louis X of France), married to his sister Marguerite, and Philip VI (Philip VI of France), married to his sister Joan – and the son-in-law of a third, Philip V (Philip V of France), whose daughter Joan III, Countess of Burgundy, he married. Previous attempts to gain territory through marriage – Hugh III (Hugh III of Burgundy) and the Dauphiné, Odo III (Odo III, Duke of Burgundy) and Nivernais, Hugh IV (Hugh IV, Duke of Burgundy) and the Bourbonnais – had failed; Odo IV's wife Joan (Joan III, Countess of Burgundy), however, was sovereign Countess of Burgundy and Artois, and the marriage reunited the Burgundys again. thumb right A gavotte dance in Brittany, France, 1878 (Image:Gavotte Dance.jpg) The '''gavotte''' (also '''gavot''' or '''gavote''') originated as a French (France) folk dance, taking its name from the Gavot people of the Pays de Gap region of Dauphiné, where the dance originated. England lost 70% of its population, which declined from 7 million before the plague, to 2 million in 1400. Barry and Gualde 2006. Tax strikes in France, 1579–80 In Romans-sur-Isère and other parts of Dauphiné, anti-tax leagues formed, which grew into a powerful rebellion that was crushed in the wake of the ambush and murder of many of the rebel leaders by vigilantes during the Carnival of 1580. Burg, David F. ''A World History of Tax Rebellions'' (2004) p. 174–8 Some historians have critiqued the Company's attacks on Protestants. The Company aimed to increase conversions and organized the preaching of missions to Protestants in Lorraine (Lorraine (province)), Dauphiné, and Limousin (Limousin (province)) and founded establishments in Paris, Sedan (Sedan, France), Metz, and Puy for young converts from Protestantism. Moreover, it opposed Protestant attacks on Catholic doctrines and defended the Catholic populations in majority Protestant cities, such as La Rochelle. Finally, without seeking the revocation of the Edict of Nantes, the Company fought to prevent any further concessions beyond what the formal text of the edict demanded and its members sent documents to Jean Filleau, a Poitiers lawyer, who for twenty-five years issued "Catholic decisions" from a legal point of view, on the interpretation of the Edict of Nantes. The protestation of the General Assembly of the French clergy in 1656 against the infringement of the edict by Protestants was the outgrowth of a long documental work prepared by the members. In 1660 Lechassier, who was Maître des Comptes (Master of Accounts) and also one of the Company, forwarded to all the country branches a questionnaire imbued with a view to helping the inquiry, of thirty-one articles on the infringement of the Edict of Nantes by Protestants. The answers were collected by Toussaint de Forbin-Janson, Bishop of Digne, who took an active role in the Assembly of the Clergy, the result being that commissaries were sent into the provinces for the purpose of setting right these abuses. But, in its own turn, the Company violated the Edict of Nantes (of which Art. 27 declared Huguenots wholly eligible to public office), and, by secret manoeuvring, one day prevented twenty-five young Protestants from being received as attorney (lawyer)s at the Parliament of Paris. "The members thought they were doing right", explained Père de la Briere "nevertheless, if we consider not their intention, but the very nature of their act and of their procedure, it is impossible to doubt that they were guilty of an iniquity". According to the testimony of Père Rapin and the Count d'Argenson, these proceedings of the Company were the starting-point of the policy that was to culminate in 1685 in the revocation of the Edict of Nantes (Edict of Fontainebleau).