Places Known For

featuring


Soule

publisher Ethnotempos accessdate 2008-01-28 language French Language The proper language of Soule has been Basque (Basque language) for centuries, with the region featuring its own dialect, the Souletin (Zuberoan). Notwithstanding this fact, the neighbouring Béarnais (Gascon language) has been widely understood, even spoken in recent centuries as a lingua franca. However, both Basque and Béarnese have lost ground to French (French language) with both

Contest . That very year in the same city the prolific Oskorri band (see above) got together featuring folk music, launching first album in 1976, where they paid homage to poet Gabriel Aresti, while in the Northern Basque Country Michel Ducau and Anje Duhalde teamed up and put together the first Basque rock band: The celebrated and politically engagé Errobi, releasing album ''Errobi'' (1975) to critic and public acclaim, ''Bizi bizian'' ensued. The group disbanded (not definitely) in 1979

. thumb 310px Rock band Zamara's live performance (Image:Zarama.jpg)Beginning at the mid-60s, Imanol Larzabal led a solo career as a singer songwriter, featuring a deep voice as well as a socially committed and poetic subjects, with the collaboration of domestic and foreign poets and singers. He went through a short period in prison and came back from exile in 1977. Friend of his and son of emigrant Souletin parents, Niko Etxart came back to the Basque Country from Paris with brand-new ideas


Calabar

: books.google.com books?id 1UeW6zHYT30C&pg PA412 * £5 note featuring Robert Burns on the obverse and a vignette of a field mouse from Burns' poem ''To a Mouse'' on the reverse * £10 note featuring Mary Slessor on the front and a vignette of a map of Calabar and African missionary scenes on the back * £20 note featuring Robert the Bruce on the front and a vignette of the Bruce on horseback with the Monymusk Reliquary against

a background of Stirling Castle on the back - CBQ DNCA Calabar Airport Calabar, Nigeria - *Adolo (1848–1888) *Ovonramwen Nogbaisi (Ovonramwen) (1888–1914) (exiled to Calabar by the British (British Empire) in 1897) * Buenos Aires, Argentina * Calabar, Nigeria * Cabinda (Cabinda (city)), Angola * 5 pound note featuring Robert Burns on the obverse and a vignette of a field mouse from Burns' poem '' To a Mouse

'' on the reverse * 10 pound note featuring Mary Slessor on the front and a vignette of a map of Calabar and African missionary scenes on the back * 20 pound note featuring Robert the Bruce on the front and a vignette of the Bruce on horseback with the Monymusk Reliquary against a background of Stirling Castle on the back Although several Scottish missionaries arrived in Calabar in 1848, the British did not firmly establish control until 1904


Northeast, Minneapolis

after the first permanent bridge across the Mississippi River (at the same site), also a suspension bridge. The stretch of Central Avenue between 18th Avenue and 27th Avenue is more mixed in its redevelopment. Since 2000, several major new mixed-use developments have been made (and more are in development), and many new restaurants, mostly featuring foreign cuisines, have joined an already eclectic mix. Specialty food markets are also a major feature of the area, including major Latin

. They became the Unknown Prophets in 1997 with the release of "The Prophecy", adding '''DJ Willy Lose''' in 1998. In 2000, the Unknown Prophets released their first album, "World Premier". This album put the Prophets on the map, featuring local artists Slug (Slug (rapper)), DJ Abilities, and Brother Ali. After "World Premier", the group, along with other artists from N.E. Time, released "Welcome to Northeast", a two-disc album. 2003 brought two new


Dryden, Ontario

high mascot on the Trans-Canada Highway. The city holds an annual Moosefest festival, during which musical performances, children's activities and a fishing tournament known as The Walleye Masters are held. Several annual music concerts are held featuring local musicians. "Come Together" is an annual December 27 or 28th concert, and "Kickin' Country" is a mid April country show. Both featuring local acts. The "Blue Moon Festival" is a daylong


Champaign-Decatur CSA

in the Historic Cattle Bank built in 1858. Features exhibits on the history of the area and the midwest as a whole. *Chanute Aerospace Museum. aeromuseum.org Showcases Illinois' role in aviation, featuring several hangars of planes on exhibit (Located in nearby Rantoul). *Museum of the Grand Prairie. museumofthegrandprairie.org Features historic exhibits on life in the early midwest

. *Krannert Art Museum. Krannert Art Museum, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Art.uiuc.edu. Retrieved on 2013-08-17. Art Museum featuring both modern and classical art. Many changing exhibits. *Orpheum Children's Science Museum. orpheumkids.com A hands on science museum for children. *Spurlock Museum. spurlock.uiuc.edu


Cegléd

in thermal water. At the outskirts of the town, there is a newly built thermal spa (Thermal bath), featuring also an aqua park, a hotel and a camping place. Best Western Hotel Aquarell Cegled is located near the city’s Thermal Bath and Aquapark. Cegléd has also the biggest Calvinist (Calvinism) church in Central Europe. Although disputes have been going on whether the Debrecen one is bigger, the Cegléd church seems to be the bigger one, regarding its volume. In the downtown

, at Szabadság tér (Liberty Square) stands a statue of Lajos Kossuth, the replica of which can be found in New York. At the same square, there is the Museum of Drums, Cegléd being a town with vivid jazz life, featuring also the annual Drum and Percussion Gala, that attracts interest from all over Hungary and even from abroad. The memory of Lajos Kossuth is also conserved by the Kossuth Museum, as well as the so-called Kossuth's Balcony - that is the balcony of the former Green Tree hotel


Qingzhou

. *Ou Yuan, a Ming Dynasty garden. It turned to be a combination of park and zoo, and is used as a performance area for citizens in the dawn and nightfall. *Qingzhou Museum, featuring some of the Buddhist statues unearthed in 1996 1997 *Tuoshan Yunmenshan ("Camel Mountain Cloud Gate Mountain"), which includes an ancient collection of Buddhist grottoes under national protection. The mountain is located approximately 4 kilometers southwest of the city center

at least two large and historic mosques. The oldest one is the Zhenjiao Mosque (真教寺). It can date from eight centuries ago, which is one of the three most well-known mosques in Yuan Dynasty. *'''Ou Yuan''', a Ming Dynasty garden. It turned to be a combination of park and zoo, and is used as a performance area for citizens in the dawn and nightfall. *'''Qingzhou Museum''', featuring some of the Buddhist statues unearthed in 1996 1997 *'''Tuoshan Yunmenshan''' ("Camel Mountain Cloud Gate


Tulancingo

10%3Aarticuloturismo&Itemid 57 title Biblioteca Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz date September 9, 2009 publisher Government of Tulancingo location Tulancingo language Spanish trans_title Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz Library accessdate July 26, 2010 The Jardin del Arte (Art Garden) and Ricardo Garibay Cultural Center were built were the old Municipal Palace was demolished in 1984. These areas host national and international exhibitions and events featuring art, music

: tulancingohidalgo.com.mx tu-ciudad feria-tulancingo-2010 is the main event for the city featuring the commercial, agricultural and industrial activities of the area. The municipality thumb right The Tulancingo valley (File:ValleTulancingo01.jpg) As municipal seat, the city of Tulancingo is the local governing authority for over one hundred communities,

Center were built were the old Municipal Palace was demolished in 1984. These areas host national and international exhibitions and events featuring art, music and theatrical works. The Municipal Market is built on what was the Plaza of the Count of Orizaba. In the last decades of the 19th century, it was converted into a market but the building was neglected. In 1948, the current market was constructed. There are five tianguis markets, including one that specializes in counterfeit products


Ridgecrest, California

The Museum offers exhibits (Art exhibition) and displays featuring both the natural

and repeaters (broadcast translator) from radio (radio station) and TV stations based in Los Angeles (Los Angeles, California) and Bakersfield (Bakersfield, California). The repeaters are operated by the IWV TV Booster. Radio stations in the area include KZFX 93.7 a Classic Rock Format with ABC and California News and weather KSSI (FM) 102.7, broadcasting Rock Music, local news and weather, KLOA (AM) 1240, broadcasting an oldies format, KZIQ 92.7, featuring Adult Contemporary

Music, KRAJ The Heat 100.9 fm, featuring hip hop party rock format, K296AI the 107.1, with KCNV classical music feed. KRCK, "Ridgecrest Radio", went off the air in the 1970s. TV repeater K05FO 5 rebroadcasts KTLA, K35HO-D 35 rebroadcasts KBAK (KBAK-TV). class "wikitable" - ! Translator Call Letters !! B Mountain Channel !! Laurel Mountain Channel !! PSIP !! Station Call Letters !! Network Affiliation ID !! Original Channel !! Signal Quality - K02HY 2


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017