. Educational development in the independent province further advanced the economic potential of the region. In 1918-20 Ivanovo-Voznesensk opened a Polytechnic Institute and the Institute of Education, a museum, a public library, a socio-economic technical school, as well as various schools and health facilities, and extension programs. The powerful potential of Ivanovo-Voznesensky province was especially exploited in the industrialization of the country in the late 20's and 30's.-- '''Ivanovo Industrial Oblast''' ( WikiPedia:Ivanovo Oblast Commons:Category:Ivanovo Oblast
tower, campus of Nantong Middle School, PRC.jpg right thumb 200px The bell tower in the campus of Nantong Middle School Nantong hosts a comprehensive university, Nantong University (made by the merger of the former Nantong Medical College, former Nantong Normal College, and former Nantong Engineer College). It includes 21 schools and had around 22,000 registered students in 2007. Nantong has contributed to China's educational development with several firsts: establishment of the first school
-82f297d4ced4.html title Recent Obituaries publisher Syvnews.com date 25 February 2007 accessdate 31 May 2014 Both Bergdahl and his sister were home school (Homeschooling)ed by their mother in Hailey, Idaho. The family attended Sovereign Redeemer Presbyterian Church, an Orthodox Presbyterian Church. He received a GED (General Educational Development) certificate through the College of Southern Idaho when he was in his early 20s. ref
. Points of interest thumb 200px right Mérida's Cathedral is noted for its beautiful interior and is a popular site to visit (File:Catedral de Mérida, Venezuela.jpg) thumb 200px right Church and plaza 'del Llano' located in the city center (File:Iglesia del Llano Mérida.jpg) Mérida contains numerous historical squares, colonial houses, churches, and government buildings that make up most of its sightseeing spots. Moreover, the educational development of the city due, for the most part, to its university (ULA) has contributed to the creation of museums, libraries, and centers for scientific research, such as the Center for Astronomy Research (CIDA) (Centro de Investigaciones de Astronomia), located a few kilometers from the city in the mountains near Apartaderos. Monuments, public buildings, and historic places ;House of Former Governors: This colonial-style villa, located in the central quarter, was the official residence of the state governors. ;Rectorate's Building: Seat of the university's rectorate and Aula Magna. ;Government Palace: The government building, regional executive branch. ;Plaza Monumental Román Eduardo Sandia: The Bullfighting Arena of Mérida (Plaza Monumental Román Eduardo Sandia) was built in 1967. It has a capacity of 16,000 people and it is frequently used for cultural activities, besides serving its original purpose of bullfighting arena during the Sun Fairs (Feria del Sol (Mérida)). ;Cable Car: The Mérida Cable Car is one of the main touristic spots. In its trajectory, it ascends from the central quarter to the Sierra Nevada (Sierra Nevada de Mérida). The cable car was completed in 1958. It has now been closed. Religious buildings Mérida has about two dozen religious buildings dedicated to Christianity, the most important of which are Catholic (Catholic Church) churches and chapels, since it is the religion with most number of followers in Venezuela. ;Cathedral of Mérida: The city's Minor Basilica, built in Baroque style (Baroque architecture), similar to the Cathedral of Toledo, Spain. It is the main Catholic building in the city, where the Archbishop of Mérida presides the mass services. ;Iglesia del Carmen: The oldest religious structure in Mérida, Our Lady of Carmen Church stands close to the Plaza Bolívar. Visitors marvel at its colonial architecture and its historical significance - the church is a seat of the Carmelite Brotherhood (Carmelites). It served as cathedral of the city between 1812 and 1866, before the current one was built. ;Iglesia de la Tercera ;Iglesia del Llano: Mérida's only building in the Gothic style. It stands near the place where an old chapel held the first wooden cross brought to Mérida by the Spaniards. ;Iglesia de Milla: This is one of the oldest churches in the city, originally built in the 18th century and rebuilt in 1907 after an earthquake. It is located in front of the square with the same name. ;Archbishop's Palace: A Baroque palace located in front of Bolívar Square. It has served as the residence for the Archbishop since 1951. It houses the Archdiocesan Museum. Parks, squares, and sightseeing thumb 270px right View of the Bolívar Square with the statue dedicated to the ''Libertador'' and the cathedral in the background (File:Plaza Bolívar Mérida.JPG) Mérida is famous nationwide for its great number of parks and squares, providing its inhabitants with access to nature. There are, at least, a dozen squares and two dozen parks, some of which are described below. ;Boulevard de los Pintores (Painters' Boulevard): On this street painters congregate in order to create, exhibit, and sell their works. ;Aquarium Garden: This aquarium exhibits both fresh and salt water fish. It also has collections relating to Mérida's rural past. ;Beethoven Park: Located in front of the Museum of Modern Art in the northern area of the city, this pretty park has a clock on the ground, whose numbers are flowerpots, and large mechanical carillon clock with wooden elves that play melodies from the famous German composer (Ludwig van Beethoven). ;Mérida Botanical Garden (Botanical Garden of Mérida): This was the first botanical garden in the city. It is located in the extreme north of the city and has about 40 hectares under cultivation. ;Parque Domingo Peña: Also called ''Paseo de la Feria'' or ''Parque de los Conquistadores'', consists of an avenue with a lookout point facing the Sierra Nevada. Student celebrations and get-togethers often take place here. ;Parque Metropolitano Albarregas: This park is the largest in the city, '''Estadio Guillermo Soto Rosa''' is a multi-use stadium in Mérida (Mérida, Mérida), Venezuela. It is currently used mostly for football (football (soccer)) matches and was the home stadium of Estudiantes de Mérida Fútbol Club until Estadio Metropolitano de Mérida opened in 2005. It currently hosts the home matches of the ULA (Universidad de Los Andes FC) football team. The stadium holds 14,000 spectators http: www.worldstadiums.com south_america countries venezuela.shtml . prominence location Mérida (Mérida, Mérida), Venezuela range Sierra Nevada (Sierra Nevada de Mérida), Andes Televen purchased eight new transmitters to reach new markets in Maturín, Valle de la Pascua, Mérida (Mérida, Mérida), Valencia (Valencia, Carabobo), and Puerto Cabello. Televen also modernized their existing transmitters in Caracas, Coro (Santa Ana de Coro), Vargas (Vargas (state)), Maracaibo, Maracay, Puerto Ordaz, Puerto La Cruz, and Margarita (Isla Margarita). Protests also occurred in six other cities, and there were violent clashes between students and throwing rocks, and police shooting plastic bullets. Demonstrations occurred in the cities of Mérida (w:Mérida, Mérida), Maracaibo (w:Maracaibo), Puerto la Cruz (w:Puerto la Cruz), San Cristóbal (w:San Cristóbal, Táchira), Barquisimeto (w:Barquisimeto) and Valencia (w:Valencia, Carabobo) on Wednesday. The Santa Barbara Airlines (w:Santa Barbara Airlines) plane took off just before dusk from the city of Mérida (w:Mérida, Mérida) en route to Simón Bolívar International Airport (w:Simón Bolívar International Airport) outside the capital city of Caracas (w:Caracas).
‘Information for All’. Additionally, the Internet sites of Russian Association for Film and Media Education (English and Russian versions) were created. Taking into account the fact that UNESCO defines media education as the priority field of the cultural educational development in the 21st century, media literacy has good prospects in Russia. The Second World War forced a halt to most international chess. But several tournaments involving Soviet players only were still organized. Smyslov won the 1942 Moscow Championship outright with a powerful 12 15. At Kuibyshev (Samara, Russia) 1942, he placed second with 8 11. In a strong field at Sverdlovsk (Yekaterinburg) 1943, Smyslov tied for 3rd–4th places with 8 14. In the 1943–44 Moscow Championship, Smyslov tied for 3rd–4th with 11.5 16. He finished second in the 1944 USSR Championship at Moscow (URS-ch13) with 10.5 16. He emerged as champion from the 1944–45 Moscow Championship with 13 16. By this juncture, Smyslov had advanced into the group of the top three Soviet players, along with Botvinnik and Keres (who was playing in Nazi-occupied Europe during the War). The modern city was founded in 1590. It traces its history to the reign of Tsar Feodor Ivanovich (Feodor I of Russia), who constructed several settlements along the Volga River in order to secure the southeastern boundary of his state. During the summer of 1586, the fortress of Samara (Samara, Russia) was founded, followed by Tsaritsyn in 1589 and finally Saratov, located midway between Samara and Tsaritsyn, in 1590. Saratov was built at the insistence of count Grigory Zasekin. All three forts were located in a region where the Volga and the Don (Don River, Russia) flow nearest one another, which allowed the Duchy of Moscovy to secure both rivers and to ensure control over the recently annexed khanates of Kazan and Astrakhan in the years following the Livonian War. Former Soviet Union The western border of the European polecat's range in the former Soviet Union begins from the mouth of the Danube in the south approximately to northwest of Suoyarvi, on the Finnish border in the north. In Karelia, its northern border extends from the former point towards the southeast to the Spassk Bay of Lake Onega, thereby passing around the West Karelian uplands from the south and then, passing around these uplands from the east, it suddenly ascends directly to the north passing in particular, near the western shore of Segozer (Lake Segozero) and reaches Rugozer. From there, the border line turns northeast, crossing the Lakhta (Lakhtinsky Razliv) and reaching Kem (Kem, Russia) on the White Sea. From Archangelsk, the border reaches Mezen, thus attaining the species' most northerly range. From the Mezen River's mouth, the border abruptly returns south, approaching closer to the upper Mezen near 64° lat. From there, the polecat's northern border goes on to the upper Vychegda River, and descends further on southwards and in the Urals. Its eastern range apparently extends along the Urals, embracing Sverdlovsk (Sverdlovsk, Ukraine) from the west. It is probably absent in the southern Urals, where the steppe polecat occurs. The southern border of the polecat's range starts in the west of the Danube's mouth and extends eastward along the coast of the Black Sea reaching the mouth of the Dnepr, from which it moves back from the shore of the Azov Sea and, along it, goes to the mouth of the Don (Don River (Russia)). From the mouth and lower course of the Don, its range passes into the steppe region of western and middle Ciscaucasia. The European polecat is absent from the Saratov steppes of Transvolga, instead being encountered only in the extreme lower Bolshoy (Bolshoy Irgiz) and Maly Irgiz Rivers. Further on, the border goes to the north along the Volga River. It steeply returns east somewhat south at the Samara (Samara, Russia) bend, passing around Obshchy Syrt, reaching the Urals at the latitude of Magnitogorsk. Due to a possible combination of global warming and habitat modification, the range of the polecat within the former Soviet Union has expanded northwards. From 1930-1952 for example, the polecat colonised northwestern Karelia and southern Finland. 0.61 Experienced military commander, fortifier and acknowledged town-planner. Joined the military service being 15 years old. Was the head of Russian fortress near Lake Ladoga, military commander in Oreshek fortress, participated in two military campaigns in Livonia (old name of Lithuania). Personally reported the victory over Livonia to Ivan IV the Terrible. Played an extensive role in securing of Russia on the Volga River. Fortresses, founded by Zasekin, performed not only the military functions. They also became the cultural and economic centres of the area. Among others Zasekin founded Samara (Samara, Russia) (1586), Volgograd (1589) and Saratov (1590) fortresses. Most burlaks were landless or poor peasants from Simbirsk, Saratov, Samara (Samara, Russia), Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Vladimir, Ryazan, Tambov and Penza areas. To protect from invasions by the Nogai Horde in the region between the Volga and Irtysh rivers, the Volga cities of Samara (Samara, Russia) (1586), Tsaritsyn (1589), and Saratov (1590) were founded. In 1891, after graduating from the Yelets gymnasium (where he studied with Mikhail Prishvin), Semashko entered the medical faculty of Moscow University. In 1893, he became a member of a Marxist group. In 1895, for his participation in the revolutionary movement, he was arrested and exiled to his home in Livenskoe, under strict police surveillance. In 1901 he graduated from the medical faculty of Kazan University, after which he worked as a doctor in Oryol and Samara (Samara, Russia). In 1904 he was an active member of the Nizhny Novgorod Committee of the RSDLP; during the 1905 Russian Revolution he was one of the organizers of the strike at the Sormovo Factory, for which he was again arrested. Today, Baltika is the largest Fast-moving consumer goods producer in Russia and has production facilities in 10 Russian cities (Saint Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Tula (Tula, Russia), Voronezh, Rostov-on-Don, Samara (Samara, Russia), Chelyabinsk, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, and Khabarovsk). In 2008 Baltika acquired its first foreign brewery, in Azerbaijan. Baltika’s breweries are capable of producing 52 million litres of beer monthly. In 1888, Igumen Vladimir was sent to St Petersburg as a vicar to assist the metropolitan (metropolitan bishop) and was thereafter consecrated bishop. He was soon assigned to preach in Samara (Samara, Russia) and then Georgia (Georgia (country)), where he would spend five years. In 1898, Bishop Vladimir was summoned to Moscow where he was appointed Metropolitan of Moscow. During the events of October 1905 (Russian Revolution of 1905), Metropolitan Vladimir wrote an address entitled, "What should we do during these troubled days?" (''Что нам делать в эти тревожные наши дни?'') and ordered that it be read aloud to the people in all of the churches in and around Moscow. In this address, he told the people of Moscow about the "criminal" and "anti-Christian" intentions of those who had compiled ''The Protocols of the Elders of Zion''. Metropolitan Vladimir's address made a huge impression on those who confessed Russian Orthodoxy (Russian Orthodox Church). He himself read his speech in the Assumption Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin. Assessing the ''Protocols'', Vladimir directly associated its authors' "monstrous" intentions with the revolutionary events in Russia, examining the then-ongoing social disturbance in the Russian society from a religious, not political, point of view. He urged the Orthodox (Orthodox Church) people to stand up against the Anti-Christ.
educational development in the 21st century, media literacy has good prospects in Russia. By 1825, Elizabeth Alexeievna's health was frail; she suffered from a lung condition and a nervous indisposition. The doctors recommended her to take a rest in a temperate climate and suggested the southern city of Taganrog, by the sea of Azov. With no comfortable Palace, the Imperial Couple were established in a modest house in Taganrog by 5 October. They were happy together living in intimate simplicity. On 17 November 1825 Alexander returned to Taganrog from visiting Crimea with a cold, which developed into typhus, from which he died that December in the arms of his wife. Elizabeth was stricken by her loss, writing ‘I do not understand myself, I do not understand my destiny." And later " What am I to do with my will, which was entirely subjected to him, with my life, which I loved to devote to him?" Troyat, ''Alexander of Russia'', p. 292 The now-Dowager-Tsarina was too frail to come back to St. Petersburg for the funeral. When Elizabeth Alexeievna finally started her returning journey to the capital, she felt so sick that had to stop at Belev, Tula Province, on the road from Taganrog to St. Petersburg just a few hours before she was to meet her mother-in-law (Maria Feodorovna (Sophie Dorothea of Württemberg)), who was coming south to greet her. In the early hours of 16 May 1826, towards four-thirty in the morning, when her lady's maid went to check on the Empress, she found her dead in bed. Elizabeth Alexeievna had died of heart failure. Ministry of Regional Development of Russia has prepared a program to create eight “Super Cities”, i.e. agglomerated centers with the multimillion population. The project applies to Rostov Oblast as well. “The Greater Rostov” metropolitan area will include the cities of Rostov-on-Don, Novocherkassk, Taganrog, Aksay (Aksay, Rostov Oblast), Bataysk and Azov. * Mariupol, Ukraine * Taganrog, Russia * Yeysk, Russia Early life Voloshin was born in Kiev in 1877. ''Keeping Aloof or Joining In the Fray.'' Sergei Sossinsky. '''Moscow News''' (Russia). HISTORY; No. 41. October 27, 1999. He spent his early childhood in Sebastopol and Taganrog. "Волошин. М.А. Путник по вселенным" Reportedly, "his schooling included a few years at the Polivanov establishment and a school in the Crimea, where in 1893 his mother had bought a cheap plot of land at Koktebel." After secondary school, Voloshin entered Moscow University during "a time of the resurgence of the radical student movement in Russia." Voloshin reportedly actively participated in it, "which resulted in his expulsion from the University in 1899." Background The history of the ''Captain'' can be traced back to the Crimean War and the experiences of British captain Cowper Phipps Coles in 1855. Coles and a group of British sailors constructed a raft with guns protected by a turret and used the small boat, named the ''Lady Nancy'' (Siege of Taganrog), to shell the Russian town of Taganrog in the Black Sea. The ''Lady Nancy'' "proved a great success", Wikipedia:Taganrog commons:Таганрог
– ‘Media Education’ (№ 03.13.30), and the launch of a new academic journal ‘Media Education’ (since January 2005), partly sponsored by the ICOS UNESCO ‘Information for All’. Additionally, the Internet sites of Russian Association for Film and Media Education (English and Russian versions) were created. Taking into account the fact that UNESCO defines media education as the priority field of the cultural educational development in the 21st century, media literacy has good prospects in Russia. The second major instrument was the MKF-6M multispectral camera, which carried out Earth-resources observations. An improved form of a camera first tested on Soyuz 22, the camera captured an area of 165×220 kilometres with each image, down to a resolution of 20 metres. Each image was captured simultaneously in six bands in 1200-frame cassettes, which required regular replacement due to the fogging effects of radiation. Salyut 6 also featured a KATE-140 stereoscopic topographic mapping camera with a focal length of 140 milimetres, which captured images of 450×450 kilometres with a resolution of 50 metres in the visible and infrared spectra, which could be operated either remotely or by the resident crews. The photographic capabilities of the station were, therefore, extensive, and the Soviet Ministry of Agriculture had planted a number of specifically selected crops at test sites at Salsky in the Ukraine and Voronezh near Lake Baikal to examine the capabilities of the cameras. In June 1942, he took over from General Erich Höpner (Erich Hoepner) as commander of Fourth Panzer Army (4th Panzer Army). As part of Operation Blue, the German offensive in southern Russia, the army reached the Don River (Don River (Russia)) at Voronezh. Hoth was then ordered to swing south to support the First Panzer Army (1st Panzer Army)'s own crossing of the Don, and the Sixth Army (6th Army (Wehrmacht))'s attempt to capture Stalingrad (Battle of Stalingrad). * wikipedia:Voronezh commons:Воронеж
and obtained a GED (General Educational Development) at age 17. He chose his name at age 18, and legally changed it in Boston. In 1865, Whiting built his first mill followed by another in 1872. When the Whiting Paper Company was first formed. L.L. Brown of South Adams, Massachusetts was president and Whiting was agent and treasurer. Whiting later became president and his son, William Fairfield Whiting, became treasurer. Early years (1932–38) May was born in Holyoke, Massachusetts, but grew up in Clifton, New Jersey. Born Edward Joseph Mayoski, Mayo was the son of Polish immigrants who changed their name to Mayo.
When Kievan Rus' became fragmented in the 13th century, the title Kniaz continued to be used in East Slavic (East Slavs) states, including Kiev, Chernihiv, Novgorod, Pereiaslav (Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi), Vladimir-Suzdal', Muscovy, Tver, Halych-Volynia, and in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. There are also admirable works of early travellers, as the igumen Daniel, who visited the Holy Land at the end of the eleventh and beginning of the twelfth century. A later traveller was Afanasiy Nikitin, a merchant of Tver, who visited India in 1470. He has left a record of his adventures (A Journey Beyond the Three Seas), which has been translated into English and published for the Hakluyt Society. History Klin has been known since 1317. In 1482, it was incorporated into Muscovy with the rest of the Grand Princedom of Tver. Among several churches, the most noteworthy are the 16th century church of the Dormition cloister and the baroque Resurrection cathedral (1712). Town status was granted in 1781. In 1108, Yuri was sent by his father to govern in his name the vast Rostov-Suzdal (Vladimir-Suzdal) province in the north-east of Kievan Rus'. In 1121, he quarrelled with the boyars of Rostov and moved the capital of his lands from that city to Suzdal. As the area was sparsely populated, Yuriy founded many fortresses there. He established the towns of Ksniatin in 1134, Pereslavl-Zalesski and Yuriev-Polski in 1152, and Dmitrov in 1154. The establishment of Tver, Kostroma, and Vologda is also popularly assigned to Yuri. The Soviet command began constructing extensive defenses around the city. The first part, the Rzhev-Vyazma defense setup, was built on the Rzhev–Vyazma–Bryansk line. The second, the Mozhaisk defense line, was a double defense stretching between Kalinin (Tver) and Kaluga. Finally, a triple defense ring surrounded the city itself, forming the Moscow Defense Zone. These defenses were still largely unprepared by the beginning of the operation because of the speed of the German advance. Furthermore, the German attack plan had been discovered quite late, and Soviet troops were ordered to assume a total defensive stance only on 27 September 1941. ref name "MosEnc