Places Known For

current position


Cisalpine Republic

the Landvogtei of Lugano at the same time, leading to its current position as an Italian enclave within Ticino. The canton was founded in 1798 with the slogan ''Liberi e svizzeri'' (Italian (Italian language) for ''Freemen and Swiss'') as a means of remaining a part of Switzerland, rather than being annexed to the Cisalpine (Cisalpine Republic) client republic (French client republic). The canton was made up of the four ''Landvogteien'' of Bellinzona (Vogtei of Bellinzona), Blenio (Vogtei of Blenio), Leventina (Vogtei of Leventina) and Rivera (Vogtei of Rivera). The canton was riven with dispute between "patriots", supporting the Cisalpine Republic, and traditionalist "aristocrat (Aristocracy (class))s". The politics of the central government — the seizure of church property, the introduction of direct taxation, mandatory military service, an amnesty favouring Cisalpine patriots and a law regarding municipalities that rejected the secular tradition of communal autonomy — as well as the military occupation by the French Revolutionary Armies, with its associated violence and requisitions, all combined to maintain a level of hostility to the new régime within the local population, which eventually rose up against the régime. image_map Karte Helvetik 3.png image_map_caption The Helvetic Republic, as at the constitution of 12 April 1798, showing the canton of Raetia in dark pink at the rightmost extreme. The grey hatched area to Raetia's south is Chiavenna, Valtellina and Bormio, now the Italian (Italy) province of Sondrio, annexed to the Cisalpine Republic in 1797. The districts of Chiavenna, Valtellina and Bormio, previously dependencies of the Leagues, were never a part of the canton, having permanently been detached from the Leagues after Revolutionary France fomented revolt there, leading them to be annexed to the Cisalpine Republic on October 10, 1797. The districts subsequently joined the Austrian (Austrian Empire) client (client state) kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia after the Congress of Vienna and eventually become the Italian (Italy) province of Sondrio. The town of Campione was detached from the Landvogtei of Lugano at the same time, leading to its current position as an Italian enclave within Ticino. During the Middle Ages, at the site of today's Casa Tencalla, there was a castle. The castle is first mentioned in 1054. On the mountain side surrounded by fortified walls, were the entrance gates to the village. Bissone was the center of the Ghibellines' (Guelphs and Ghibellines) resistance during the dispute between Milan and Como (1118–27). Following the French invasion in 1798 (Campaigns of 1798 in the French Revolutionary Wars) and the end of the Old Swiss Confederacy, it became a stronghold of supporters of the Cisalpine Republic. However, on 3 march 1798 it was taken over by Pro-Swiss forces from Lugano. The Augustinians were expelled in 1700, taking refuge in Milan with the relics of Augustine, and the disassembled ''Arca'', which were removed to the cathedral there. The erstwhile cathedral in Pavia fell into disrepair; it was a military magazine under the Napoleonic occupation (Cisalpine Republic). It was not reconstructed until the 1870s, under the urging of Agostino Gaetano Riboldi (Agostino Gaetano Cardinal Riboldi), later Cardinal Riboldi, and reconsecrated in 1896 when the relics of Augustine and the shrine were once again reinstalled.


Bourbonnais

bachelors' and masters' degree programs as well as a doctor of education degree. Current enrollment at the University is 4,500. Prior to accepting his current position in August 1991, Dr. Bowling served for eight years as the senior pastor of the College Church of the Nazarene in Bourbonnais, Illinois. He also served as senior pastor of the First Church of the Nazarene, Dallas, Texas. He has been a member of the faculty at Nazarene Bible College in Colorado Springs


Anápolis

- valign top Anápolis Goiás SBAN Anápolis Air Force Base - valign top - align center style "background:#f0f0f0;" 6 align left '''Anápolis''' align left Goiás 335 960 align center style "background:#f0f0f0;" 16 align left '''Corumbá''' align left Mato Grosso do Sul 99 467 - founded 1948 ground Jonas Duarte (Estádio Jonas Duarte), Anápolis, Brazil capacity 20,000 '''Associação Atlética Anapolina''', or '''Anapolina''' as they are usually called, is a Brazilian football team (Brazilian Football League Teams) from Anápolis in Goiás, founded on January 1, 1948. The team was founded after a club called Anápolis Sport had gone bankrupt. On April 18, 1948, Anapolina played its first match, against Ferroviário (Ferroviário Esporte Clube (Araguari)) of Araguari. Anapolina won by 3-2. On March 11, 1949, Anapolina played its first interstate match, against Bangu (Bangu Atlético Clube) of Rio de Janeiro city, in Anápolis. The match was won by Bangu (Bangu Atlético Clube), and the score was 4-2. Names The vehicle is also built in Pakistan where it is known as the Hyundai Shehzore. In Brazil, it is built in the city of Anápolis and sold as the Hyundai HR. In the Mexican (Mexico) market, it is sold as the Dodge H-100. thumb 300px right Itinerary map of BR-153 highway. (Image:BR-153 Mapa 2010.jpg) The '''BR-153''' is a major federal highway (Brazilian Highway System) of Brazil, officially named as '''Transbrasiliana Highway''', and also as '''Belém-Brasília Highway''' in the stretch located between the cities of Wanderlândia, in Tocantins, and Anápolis, in Goiás. The municipality is one of the most prosperous in the state. In a study carried out by Seplan of competitivity in municipalities in the state of Goiás Catalão was ranked third after Anápolis and Rio Verde (Rio Verde, Goiás). See Seplan * '''SBAA''' (CDJ) – Conceicao do Araguaia Airport – Conceição do Araguaia, Pará * '''SBAN''' (APS) – Anápolis Air Base – Anápolis, Goiás * '''SBAQ''' (AQA) – Araraquara Airport – Araraquara, São Paulo (São Paulo (state)) Location Alto Paraíso is part of the IBGE statistical micro-region of Chapada dos Veadeiros (Chapada dos Veadeiros Microregion). It lies 230 km. northeast of the federal capital Brasília and 423 from the state capital Goiânia. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Planaltina GO-118 BR-010 São João d'Aliança. Ipameri is 193 km from the state capital, Goiânia, and 300 km. from the federal capital, Brasília. The city is on the railroad linking Goiânia and Anápolis with São Paulo and Belo Horizonte. It is also accessible by highway from Goiânia, which lies to the northwest. Location Águas Lindas is 193 km. from the state capital of Goiânia. Highway connections with Goiânia are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-414 Cocalzinho de Goiás BR-070. For the complete list see It has borders with Santo Antônio do Descoberto, Cocalzinho de Goiás, and Brasília. It is located west of Brasília and borders on the boundary of the Federal District. It is part of the Entorno de Brasília micro-region, which has over 960,000 inhabitants. Location It is located just north of the Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park and is connected by tarmacked road with Teresina de Goiás. It is part of the Chapada dos Veadeiros micro-region. The distance to the state capital of Goiânia is 510 km and most residents have greater contact with Brasília than with the state capital. Highway connections from Goiânia are made by BR-153 Anápolis Alexânia BR-060 Planaltina GO-430 GO-118 BR-010 São João da Aliança Alto Paraíso de Goiás Teresina de Goiás GO-241. The distance to the state capital, Goiânia, is 488 km. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Planaltina GO-118 BR-010 São João d'Aliança Alto Paraíso de Goiás BR-010 GO-118. The distance to the state capital, Goiânia, is 344 km. Highway connections are made from Goiânia by BR-153 Anápolis Alexânia BR-060 Planaltina(DF) Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) BR-020 BR-030 GO-34. Highway distances Political division The territory is made up of the following settlements: Capelinha, Goiavista, São Caetano, Trevo do José Rosário, Vila Nova and Engenheiro Valente. Neighboring municipalities are: Anápolis, Bonfinópolis, Caldazinha, Gameleira de Goiás, Goianápolis and Silvânia. Location Alvorada do Norte is part of the Vão do Paranã Microregion. Neighboring municipalities are Iaciara, Posse (Posse, Goiás), Simolândia, Buritinópolis, Sítio d'Abadia, Damianópolis, and Flores de Goiás. The distance to Goiânia is 457 km. and highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Planaltina Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) BR-020. Brasília is 250 km. away. Anuario de Transporte It is served by highways BR-040, BR-060, BR-020 BR-251, and DF-290. The distance to the state capital of Goiânia is 191 km. and to Brasília (Plano Piloto), 25 km. Highway connections with Goiânia are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Gama. For the complete list see Distâncias Rodoviárias Location and Geography Located in the micro-region of Entorno de Brasília, the town belongs to the area of influence of the Geoeconomical Region of Brasília and is linked by highways BR-070 and BR-414. Important distances are: 110 km to Goiânia, 45 km to Anápolis and 130 km to Brasília. Corumbá is bounded by the following municipalities: Pirenópolis, Cocalzinho de Goiás, Santo Antônio do Descoberto, Alexânia and Abadiânia. Sepin Anuário Estatístico do Estado de Goiás - 2005 '''Henrique de Campos Meirelles''' (born August 31, 1945 in Anápolis, Goiás, Brazil) is the former president of Banco Central do Brasil, Brazil's central bank. In 2002 he was elected to the Chamber of Deputies, Brazil's congressional lower house, as a Goiás-state PSDB party congressman. However, Meirelles resigned before swearing in to be able to assume his current position in January 2003. It forms boundaries with Anápolis, Terezópolis de Goiás, and Leopoldo de Bulhões. The distance to Goiânia is 460 km. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Sobradinho Planaltina Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) BR-020 BR-030 BR-020 Vila Boa (Vila Boa, Goiás) Alvorada do Norte. Sepin Anuario de Transporte Geography Iaciara is located in Vão do Paranã statistical micro-region, which borders the state of Bahia. The distance to the state capital of Goiânia is 548 kilometers. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis GO-060 Alexânia Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) BR-020 Alvorada do Norte GO-112 for 58 km. Sepin Transporte Geography Uruaçu is located north of Anápolis and Goiânia on the important interstate highway BR-153, which links Brasília to Belém. It is 269 km. from Goiânia and 244 km. from Brasília. It belongs to the Porangatu Microregion. Geography Divinópolis de Goiás is part of the Vão do Paranã statistical micro-region, which consists of 12 municipalities with 88,913 inhabitants in a total area of 17,452.90 km². Divinópolis is one of the farthest towns from the state capital and one of the most isolated and poorest. The distance to Goiânia is 642 km. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis Alexânia BR-060 Planaltina GO-430 GO-118 BR-010 São João da Aliança Alto Paraíso de Goiás Teresina de Goiás Monte Alegre de Goiás GO-447 Vazante. (64 km. unpaved road). Transporte Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Planaltina GO-118 BR-010 São João d'Aliança Alto Paraíso de Goiás BR-010 GO-118 Teresina de Goiás Monte Alegre de Goiás GO-447 Vazante Divinópolis de Goiás GO-463. (64 km. unpaved road) Sepin Anuario de Transporte This is a region of small municipalities dominated by Anápolis. The land is fertile and well-watered. The towns are small and comparatively prosperous. More than sixty percent of the population is concentrated in Anápolis, the regional center. The largest cities are Anápolis, Inhumas, Jaraguá (Jaraguá, Goiás), and Itaberaí. The most populous municipality is Anápolis with 325,544 inhabitants. The least populous is Jesúpolis with 2,201 inhabitants. The largest cities are Anápolis, Inhumas, Jaraguá (Jaraguá, Goiás), and Itaberaí. The most populous municipality is Anápolis with 325,544 inhabitants. The least populous is Jesúpolis with 2,201 inhabitants. Location São João is located north of Brasília on state highway G0-118, which begins near Planaltina and connects with Alto Paraíso de Goiás. It is part of the Chapada dos Veadeiros Microregion. The distance to the state capital, Goiânia is 357 km. Highway connections from Goiânia are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Planaltina (DF) GO-430 Planaltina de Goiás (GO) GO-118 BR-010 . Rialma is located across the Rio das Almas from Ceres (Ceres, Goiás) on the important interstate highway BR-153, which links Anápolis to Belém. It was created as part of the urban area of Ceres, which was also created as the Colônia Nacional Agrícola de Goiás. It is part of the Ceres Microregion. Location Campinorte is located on the important Belém-Brasília, BR-153, and is 315 kilometers from the state capital, Goiânia. It is 22 kilometers north of Uruaçu and just west of the great artificial lake of Serra da Mesa. Anápolis, the second most important city in the state, is 276 kilometers to the south. Campinorte belongs to the Porangatu Microregion. It is 601 km. to the state capital, Goiânia. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis Alexânia BR-060 Planaltina GO-430 GO-118 BR-010 São João da Aliança Alto Paraíso de Goiás Teresina de Goiás Monte Alegre de Goiás. There are connections with Arraias in the state of Tocantins (Tocantins (state)) to the north, taking highway BR-242. Buritinópolis is located in the Vão do Paranã statistical micro-region in the area near Simolândia and Alvorada do Norte. It is close to the important BR-020 highway, which connects Brasília with Salvador (Salvador, Brazil). Neighboring municipalities are Posse (Posse, Goiás), Simolândia, Alvorada do Norte, Mambaí, and Damianópolis. The distance to Goiânia is 466 km. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis Alexânia BR-060 Planaltina Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) BR-020 Simolândia GO-236. Sepin Transporte The distance to Goiânia is 528 km. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis GO-060 Alexânia Planaltina Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) GO-020 BR-030 Vila Boa Alvorada do Norte GO-236 Buritinópolis Mambaí GO-108. Sepin Distancias a Goiânia The distance to Goiânia is 561 km. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis GO-060 Alexânia Planaltina Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) GO-020 BR-030 Vila Boa (Vila Boa, Goiás) Alvorada do Norte GO-236 Buritinópolis Mambaí GO-108 Damianópolis. Anuario de Transporte Location Monte Alegre is located in the statistical micro-region of Chapada dos Veadeiros (Chapada dos Veadeiros Microregion) and is 31 kilometers south of the border with Tocantins (Tocantins (state)). G0-118 connects it with Teresina de Goiás and Campos Belos de Goiás. It is 568 kilometers from the state capital, Goiânia. Highway connections from Goiânia are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Planaltina GO-118 BR-010 São João d'Aliança Alto Paraíso de Goiás BR-010 GO-118 Teresina de Goiás. Municipal boundaries are with the state of Tocantins, Campos Belos de Goiás, Cavalcante, São Domingos, Divinópolis de Goiás, and Nova Roma The distance to the state capital, Goiânia is 616 km. Highway connections from Goiânia are made by BR-153 Anápolis GO-060 Alexânia Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) BR-020 Alvorada do Norte GO-112 Iaciara. The distance to the state capital, Goiânia, is 342 km. Highway connections are made by BR-153 Anápolis BR-060 Alexânia Planaltina (DF) GO-430 BR-010 GO-118 São Gabriel (district) GO-230. Seplan Demographic information The population density was 6.11 inhabitants km² in 2007. The population has decreased greatly since 1980, when it was 21,524. From 1996 to 2007 the decrease was 3.19%. Most of this decrease has been in the rural area. In 1980 the rural population was 16,309 and by 2007 it had decreased to 2,700. Most of these people did not move into the town itself but most likely immigrated to the large urban centers of Anápolis, Goiânia, and Brasília. Location Barro Alto is in the Ceres Microregion and is in an underpopulated region south of the Serra de Mesa artificial lake. It is 54 kilometers southeast of the important BR-153 highway, which links Anápolis to Belém. It is located almost directly north of the state capital and is on the important BR-153 highway, which links Belém to São Paulo. The regional center of Ceres (Ceres, Goiás) is located 19 km. to the northwest. Highway connections from Goiânia are made by taking BR-153 from Anápolis to Rianápolis. From Goiânia take GO-080 Nerópolis São Francisco de Goiás BR-153 Jaraguá (Jaraguá, Goiás). Rianápolis is 43 km. north of Jaraguá (Jaraguá, Goiás). See Seplan Location Brazabrantes is located 59 kilometers north of the important city of (Anápolis). Highway connections from the state capital of Goiânia are made by taking state highway GO-70 north to Goanira and then east to Brazabrantes. Highway connections The distance to Goiânia is 79 km. while the distance to Anápolis is 62 km. Highway connections from Goiânia: GO-462 Santo Antônio de Goiás GO-222 Nova Veneza GO-416. Neighboring municipalities: Petrolina de Goiás, Ouro Verde de Goiás, Nova Veneza (Nova Veneza, Goiás), Brazabrantes, and Inhumas History The history of Damolândia began in 1918 when Antônio Dâmaso da Sila and his family, from Patrocínio, Minas Gerais settled on the banks of the Ribeirão Capoeirão. There he set up a saw mill and began to divide the land that he had acquired from João Pires, hoping to start a new town. In 1925 the settlement was elevated to the category of district of Anápolis and in 1928 a road was opened connecting it to Anápolis and Inhumas. In 1958 it became a municipality on its own taking the name of Damolândia honoring its founder. History The history of Damolândia began in 1918 when Antônio Dâmaso da Sila and his family, from Patrocínio, Minas Gerais settled on the banks of the Ribeirão Capoeirão. There he set up a saw mill and began to divide the land that he had acquired from João Pires, hoping to start a new town. In 1925 the settlement was elevated to the category of district of Anápolis and in 1928 a road was opened connecting it to Anápolis and Inhumas. In 1958 it became a municipality on its own taking the name of Damolândia honoring its founder. Neighboring municipalities: Nova Veneza (Nova Veneza, Goiás), Anápolis, Damolândia, and Petrolina de Goiás Location Santa Rosa is located 78 km. northwest of the regional center, Anápolis. It is approximately half the distance between Taquaral de Goiás and Petrolina de Goiás. Highway connections are made from Goiânia by taking GO-070 Goianira Inhumas GO-426. Distancias Rodoviarias Location Taquaral is located approximately 100 km. northwest of regional center, Anápolis. It is 22 km. west of Santa Rosa de Goiás and 25 km. east of Itaberaí. Highway connections from Goiânia are made by state highway GO-070 from Goiânia north to Goianira, past Inhumas, and Itauçu and then GO-154 for 16 kilometers. See Sepin for all the state connections. Location Heitoraí lies 142 km. from the regional center of Anápolis. Highway connections are made by federal highway BR-153 from Goiânia to Itaberaí then north on GO-156 for 38 kilometers. The distance to state capital, Goiânia, is 365 km. Highway connections from Goiânia are made by BR-153 Anápolis GO-060 Alexânia Sobradinho (Sobradinho, Brasília) BR-020 BR-030 Formosa (Formosa, Goiás) BR-020 Bezerra (district of Formosa). For the complete list of distances see Distâncias Rodoviárias


Baker City, Oregon

between the opposite directions of travel at some points. The road summits at 4193 feet (1278 m) above sea level (AMSL) before descending to the Grand Ronde River and La Grande (La Grande, Oregon). It passes by North Powder, Oregon


Karlstad

has moved from Forshaga to its current position at Karlstad, History of Forshaga published by the Genealogy Society of Värmland and is still moving, albeit for different reasons, as the river carries substantial quantities of sand, cut from the outer edges of its meandering curves, causing the shoreline of Vänern to constantly move southward. logosize 165px city Karlstad


Parma, Ohio

of Parma and was eventually elected the Law Director and Chief Prosecutor, serving for six years before taking his current position. * The Garfield Heights (Garfield Heights, Ohio) Police use a mixture of Ford Crown Victorias, two Ford Explorers, and five Dodge Chargers. Four will be black and white and one is an unmarked car. As of October 2009 Garfield has three black white Dodge Chargers. * The Parma (Parma, Ohio) Police use a mix of Chevrolet Impalas and Chevrolet Tahoe


Tupelo, Mississippi

superior Stephen D. Lee not to attack until reinforcements arrived. The next day Lee arrived with 2,000 reinforcements. Smith withdrew from his current position towards Tupelo (Tupelo, Mississippi). Forrest considered Smith's movements a retreat while Smith was intending to destroy the railroads at Tupelo. On the night of the 13th Smith constructed breastworks near Harrisburg, an abandoned town a mile west of Tupelo. Early on July 14 Lee ordered an assault on the Union lines. Lee


Ipswich

Thames#Geological history River Thames in southern England originally entered the North Sea near Ipswich. About 450,000 years BP (Before Present), an ice sheet expanding from the north pushed the course of the river southwards, forcing the Thames to cut a new mouth where the mouth of the River Blackwater, Essex now is, north of London. It later moved southwards again to its current position as a result of cutting through the Chiltern Hills at Goring-on-Thames, an event which created the Goring Gap. birth_date


Golan Heights

above sea level, making it the second-highest town in Israel and the Israeli-occupied territories. It is surrounded by the Odem Forest. ''Odem'' means ''ruby'' and signifies the red colour. In this case it refers to the color of the rocks (rock (geology)) of Mount Odem, an extinct volcano. The international community considers Israeli settlements in the Golan Heights illegal under international law (International law and Israeli settlements), but the Israeli government disputes this.


Austrian Empire

Revolutionary France fomented revolt there, leading them to be annexed to the Cisalpine Republic on October 10, 1797. The districts subsequently joined the Austrian (Austrian Empire) client (client state) kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia after the Congress of Vienna and eventually become the Italian (Italy) province of Sondrio. The town of Campione was similarly detached from the Landvogtei of Lugano at the same time, leading to its current position as an Italian enclave within Ticino. The districts of Chiavenna, Valtellina and Bormio, previously dependencies of the Leagues, were never a part of the canton, having permanently been detached from the Leagues after Revolutionary France fomented revolt there, leading them to be annexed to the Cisalpine Republic on October 10, 1797. The districts subsequently joined the Austrian (Austrian Empire) client (client state) kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia after the Congress of Vienna and eventually become the Italian (Italy) province of Sondrio. The town of Campione was detached from the Landvogtei of Lugano at the same time, leading to its current position as an Italian enclave within Ticino. In 1772, Sambir was annexed by the Austrian Empire (see: Partitions of Poland), and it remained part of that country until 1918, when the area of the city saw Polish - Ukrainian fights (Polish-Ukrainian War) over Eastern Galicia (Galicia (eastern Europe)). In 1919, Sambir, known in Polish as Sambor, became part of the Second Polish Republic, until its 1939 annexation by the Soviet Union (see Polish September Campaign). From 1941 to 1944, Nazi Germany occupied the town and in June 1943 declared it 'Judenrein‎'. After World War II, it was taken over by the Soviets, formally joining the Ukrainian SSR. It was home to Sambir air base (Sambir (air base)) during the Cold War. It has been part of independent Ukraine since 1991.


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017