Places Known For

book written


Lugoj

birth_date Referenced information is from an essay in the book written by his son Bela G

", almost all his roles there were small or supporting parts. Arthur Lennig, ''The Immortal Count'', University Press of Kentucky, 2003, pp. 25–26, 28–29. ISBN 978-0813122731. quote Referenced information is from an essay in the book written by his son Bela G. Lugosi. was born as '''Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó''' in Lugos (Lugoj) (at the time part of Austria–Hungary, now Lugoj in Romania), to Paula de Vojnich and István Blaskó


Poipet

wrote about this book "A great book written in the best traditions of literary journalism... profound, rich and reflective". Kapuściński and Terzani shared the same vision of journalism. September 11, 2001 attacks 9 11 he wrote ''Lettere contro la guerra'' (''Letters Against the War''). The book was born as a response to the anti-Islamic invectives published by the Italian journalist and author Oriana Fallaci


Summerside, Prince Edward Island

a series of letters Anne sends to her intended, Gilbert Blythe, who is completing medical school. Chronologically, this book is fourth in the series, but it was the seventh book written. * Sudbury Downs, Sudbury (Greater Sudbury), Ontario * Summerside Raceway, Summerside (Summerside, Prince Edward Island), Prince Edward Island * Truro Raceway, Truro, Nova Scotia After several weeks of negotiations with a number of Canadian cities (most notably Fredericton


Chernihiv

worked as the assistant to chorus-meister in the Mykola Sadovsky theater. As a result of this high literacy, in addition to traditional printing presses in Kiev, new printing shops were established in Novhorod-Siverskyi and Chernihiv during this period. Most of the books published were religious in nature, such as the ''Peternik'', a book about the lives of the monks of the Kiev-Pechersk monastery. Books on local history were compiled. In a book written by Inokentiy Gizel


Northern Zhou

in the northern grassland emerged as later powers to rule over China. - '''Zhou (Northern Zhou)''' ('''Northern dynasties''') Chang'an (長安) 557—581 - The construction of the Mogao Caves near Dunhuang is generally taken to have begun sometime in the fourth century AD. According to a book written during the reign of Tang Empress Wu (Wu Zetian), ''Fokan Ji'' (佛龕記, ''An Account of Buddhist Shrines'') by Li Junxiu (李君修), a Buddhist (Buddhism) monk named Lè Zūn (樂尊, which may also be pronounced Yuezun) had a vision of a thousand Buddhas (Gautama Buddha) bathed in golden light at the site in 366 AD, inspiring him to build a cave here. ''Fokan Ji'' 《佛龕記》 '''Original text:''' 莫高窟者厥,秦建元二年,有沙门乐僔,戒行清忠,执心恬静。当杖锡林野,行至此山,忽见金光,状有千佛。□□□□□,造窟一龛。 The story is also found in other sources, such as in inscriptions on a stele in cave 332, an earlier date of 353 AD however was given in another document (沙州土鏡). '''Li Gao''' (李暠) (351–417), courtesy name '''Xuansheng''' (玄盛), nickname '''Changsheng''' (長生), formally '''Prince Wuzhao of (Western) Liang''' ((西)涼武昭王), was the founding duke of the Chinese (History of China) state Western Liáng. (While he claimed only the title of duke during his reign, he was posthumoustly honored with the princely title.) He was initially a Northern Liang official, but in 400, he seceded from Northern Liang's prince Duan Ye's rule and established his own independent state. His state only lasted for 21 years, but as his descendants would remain key officials and nobles throughout Northern Wei, Western Wei, Northern Zhou, and Sui Dynasty, and as one of them, Li Yuan (Emperor Gaozu of Tang), would found the Tang Dynasty in 618. After the founding of the Tang Dynasty, he was posthumously honored as '''Emperor Xingsheng''' (興聖皇帝).


Veliky Novgorod

left thumb City plan of Novgorod in the first half of the 18th century (File:Novgorod 1701-1745.png) During the Time of Troubles, Novgorodians submitted to Swedish (Sweden) troops led by Jacob De la Gardie in the summer of 1611. The city was restituted to Muscovy, a brief six years later, by the Treaty of Stolbovo and only regained a measure of its former prosperity towards the end of the century, when such ambitious buildings as the Cathedral


Cossack Hetmanate

, new printing shops were established in Novhorod-Siverskyi and Chernihiv. Most of the books published were religious in nature, such as the ''Peternik'', a book about the lives of the monks of the Kiev-Pechersk monasatary. Books on local history were compiled. In a book written by Inokentiy Gizel in 1674, the theory that Moscow was the heir of ancient Kiev was developed and elaborated for the first time Magocsi 1996, p 257. Religion File:Mezhyhirskyi


Nha Trang

spelling of a geographical name in the Cham language of the site ''Ya Trang'' (literally ''Reed River''), the name of the ai River as referred to by the Cham people. From the name of this river, the name was adopted to call what is now Nha Trang, which was officially made Vietnam's territory in 1653. As far as the recorded naming of ''Nha Trang'' is concerned, in ''Toàn tập Thiên Nam Tứ Chí Lộ Đồ Thư'', a geographical book written by a Vietnamese scholar with the family of Đỗ Bá in the second half of the 18th century, the name ''Nha Trang Môn'' ("Nha Trang gate") was mentioned. Hồng Đức bản đồ, bản dịch của Bửu Cầm và cộng sự, Viện Khảo cổ Sài Gòn xuất bản 1962. In another map dating to the 17th century, known as ''Giáp Ngọ Niên Bình Nam Đồ'' by a noble called Đoan Quận công Bùi Thế Đạt, the name ''Nha Trang Hải môn'' (Nha Trang Sea Gate) was also cited. In Vietnamese recorded historic bibliographies, these books are perhaps the earliest ones that mentioned this place name. In a work by Lê Quý Đôn called ''Phủ biên tạp lục'' (1776), many Nha Trang-related names were mentioned, such as ''đầm Nha Trang, dinh Nha Trang, nguồn Nha Trang, and đèo Nha Trang''. Education Nha Trang is home to a multidisciplinary university, Nha Trang University (formerly Nha Trang Fishery University); Naval Academy; Air Force Academy; Normal (Teacher's) College; Kindergarten Teacher's Training College; and Arts and Tourism College. The city is home to the many institutions. Nha Trang Oceanography Institute, the unique institute of oceanography in Vietnam, Nha Trang Pasteur Institute one of the famous Pasteur Institutes in Vietnam are in Nha Trang. Nha Trang Pasteur Institute The French-Swiss bacteriologist Alexandre Yersin (who discovered the ''Yersinia pestis'' bacterium) identified himself with Nha Trang's life for 50 years (affectionately known as ''Ông Năm''). He established the Indochina Pasteur Institute (now known as the Nha Trang Pasteur Institute) devoted to research on the bubonic plague. Yersin died in Nha Trang on 1 March 1943. A street in the city is named after him, there is a shrine located next to his tomb, and his house has been converted into the Yersin Museum. Transport thumb 200px A popular fishery boat and a round bamboo coracle in Nha Trang (Image:Thuyền thúng.jpg) When Cam Ranh Bay used to be an important naval base, Nha Trang Airport (Nha Trang Air Base) was the main airport of the city. This airport was used by the United States Air Force and South Vietnam Air Force during the Vietnam War. When part of Cam Ranh Bay was made an economic development zone by the Vietnamese government, Cam Ranh International Airport (also a military airport built by the United States during Vietnam War) was made the new civilian airport of the city. This airport is located by Cam Ranh Bay, Dmoz:Regional Asia Vietnam Provinces Khanh Hoa Nha Trang Commons:Nha Trang


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017