Places Known For

battle scenes


Ouarzazate

battle scenes in the forests of Germania were shot in three weeks in the Bourne Woods, near Farnham, Surrey in England. Wikipedia:Ouarzazate Commons:Category:Ouarzazate


Balaklava

url email asheremetiev@mail.ru address 1 Mramornaya st lat 44.501013 long 33.59648 directions phone +38 096 514-88-89 tollfree fax hours W-Su 10:00 - 17:00 price content It's dedicated to the Crimean War of 1853-1856. It allows visitors to experience the atmosphere of the XIX century, watch fragments of the battle scenes, photos, prints of that time. It exhibits as well uniforms and firearms of Russia, France, Turkey, Great Britain and Sardinia. * There are over 50


Nakhon Ratchasima

and battle scenes are recreated in minute detail and run the length of one wall. On the opposite side of the room is a hugely impressive wall-mounted sculpture, in high relief, of a battle scene. Yamo is near the middle of the scene. On the walls and pillars are some of the oldest photos in existence of the city. *


La Crosse, Wisconsin

in the art of suggestion. In the vivid battle scenes of 'Civllization,' there are four suggestive flashes for every one Griffith gave us. The conception is classically correct. No theater could be conceived that would be adequate in space or speed of action to carry across to an audience what was conveyed in this film."


Smolensk

thumb 500px Juliusz Kossak, ''The Relief of Smolensk'' by Polish forces during the Polish-Muscovite War (1605-1618). The painting reflects a historic period when Poles could face Russians on equal terms, unlike their subservient position in the painter's lifetime. Watercolor. '''Juliusz Fortunat Kossak''' (Nowy Wiśnicz, 15 December 1824 – 3 February 1899, Kraków) was a Polish (Poland) historical painter (History painting) and master illustrator who specialized in battle

scenes, military portraits and horses. He was the progenitor (Ancestor) of an artistic family that spanned four generations, See list of Juliusz Kossak's descendants at "Kossak family (Kossak)," including second-, third- and fourth-generation painters, with links to individual articles. father of painter Wojciech Kossak and grandfather of painter Jerzy Kossak. ref name "Lerski"


San Salvador

, also known as the Civic Plaza, is located in the heart of the city. The statue that dominates the site, designed by Francisco Durini Cáseres, is dedicated to President Gerardo Barrios and was unveiled in 1909. It was the work of the sculptors Antonio and Carlos Ezeta, who were brothers. The figure, made of bronze, is placed on a pedestal of granite and depicts battle scenes and the shield of El Salvador. Plaza Gerardo Barrios is the site of many demonstrations and political rallies. Mass is celebrated there as well, and it is the destination of many parades. The plaza is also the focal point for celebrations accompanying the feast of San Salvador on August 5 and 6. The religious procession called ''El Descenso'' ("The Descent"), dedicated to the ''Divine Savior of the World'' and representing the resurrection of Jesus and his descent from the tomb, terminates there. Plaza Libertad Plaza Libertad is the location of the ''Monumento de los Héroes'' (Monument to the Heroes), a commemoration of the centenary of the "First Cry of Independence" in 1811. The monument, designed by Francisco Durini Cáseres, and installed in 1911, is crowned by an "angel of freedom" at its pinnacle holding a laurel wreath in both hands. As a consequence of increased commercial activity, the area around the plaza was enhanced with the construction of two ornate buildings, the ''Portal la Dalia'' in 1915–1916 and the ''Portal de Occidente'' in 1917. Plaza Morazán During the administration of President Rafael Zaldivar, the Salvadoran government ordered the erection of a marble statue here to commemorate the fortieth anniversary (March 15, 1882) of the death of Francisco Morazán, former president of the Federal Republic of Central America. The sculpture was created by the artist Francisco Durini Vasalli originally of Tremona, Italy. The government declared March 15 as a day of national civic celebration, and Morazan's son attended the inauguration as a representative of the Government of Honduras. Casa Dueñas This important residential building was built in the 1920s by coffee farmer Miguel Dueñas. The government confiscated the house in 1922 to cover the owner's debts, and it then remained unoccupied for years. From 1930 to 1933, Mexico leased the house for use by its diplomatic delegation, then from 1935 to 1957 the United States legation rented the house for its ambassadors' residence. Six successive U.S. ambassadors resided there, and occasional guests such as former Presidents Richard Nixon and Lyndon B. Johnson, Senator Robert Kennedy, and movie stars Clark Gable and Tony Curtis stayed there. After 1957 it was the temporary headquarters of an advertising agency, then was vacated again in 1960. In 1973 the Department of Vocational Training Ministry of Labor occupied the structure; in 1986 it was declared a Cultural Asset by an Executive Agreement of May 8, 1985. The Ministry of Labor transferred the property to the authorities of the Ministry of Education, with a directive to explore the possibility of its restoration and rehabilitation. The restoration work began in 2001 under the leadership of Dr. Alfredo Martínez Moreno, former director of the Salvadorean Language Academy and the Royal Spanish Academy. Museums Two of San Salvador's most important museums are located in Zona Rosa (Zona Rosa (San Salvador)). The ''Museo Nacional de Antropología Dr. David J. Guzmán'' (The National Museum of Anthropology) contains a variety of Mayan and Pipil artifacts dating to the Mayan classical period (Mayan civilization#Classic). The ''Museo de Arte de El Salvador'' (MARTE) consists of several facilities, including its own theater, which is often used by schools to present lessons on subjects such as the theory of evolution, how dinosaurs disappeared, and the cultural heritage of the Mayan Civilization. The Museo de Arte MARTE displays an extensive collection of Salvadoran and international art. Convention centers thumbnail Centro Internacional de Ferias y Convenciones (CIFCO) (File:CIFCO SS.JPG) The Centro Internacional de Ferias y Convenciones (CIFCO) is a multipurpose convention center in the Colonia San Benito-Zona Rosa (District 3), WikiPedia:San Salvador Dmoz:Regional Central_America El_Salvador Localities San_Salvador Commons:Category:San Salvador


Cyprus

in parts of London, in Tyneside and in Northern Ireland. His rather atypical ''Battle of Issus (The Battle of Alexander at Issus)'' (or of ''Alexander (Alexander the Great)'') of 1529 was commissioned by William IV, Duke of Bavaria as part of a series of eight historical battle scenes destined to hang in the Residenz in Munich. If ever a work of art merited comparison with epic poetry, "The Battle of Issus" is it. Albrecht Altdorfer's depiction of the moment in 333 BC when Alexander the Great routed Darius III for supremacy in Asia Minor is vast in ambition, sweeping in scope, vivid in imagery, rich in symbols, and obviously heroic—the Iliad of painting, as literary critic Friedrich Schlegel suggested WikiPedia:Cyprus Dmoz:Regional Middle East Cyprus Commons:Category:Cyprus


Seville

the movie. He based the film's cinematography, use of desert landscapes, and filming of battle scenes on David Lean's ''Lawrence of Arabia (Lawrence of Arabia (film))'', also using many of the same sets, including the "Aqaba" set which had been constructed for Lean's film, here serving as the setting for the final, three-way battle between the Berbers, the Europeans and their Moroccan allies, and the Americans. The Bashaw's palace was the Palace of the Americas in Seville, having


Wellington

; The adverse effects of filming battle scenes in Tongariro National Park later required restoration work. Tongariro Taupo Conservation Awards 2005, Department Of Conservation Regional Awards. Retrieved 1 February 2008. Hector’s dolphin was named after Sir James Hector (1834–1907). He was the curator of the Colonial Museum in Wellington (now the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa). He examined


Madrid

to Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Milan and Paris in competition with Aer Lingus, airBaltic or Lufthansa. The intimate scenes were filmed in Hollywood, but Kubrick insisted that all battle scenes be filmed on a vast plain outside Madrid. Eight thousand trained soldiers from the Spanish infantry (Spanish Army) were used to double as the Roman army. Kubrick directed the armies from the top of specially constructed towers. However, he eventually had to cut all

but one of the gory battle scenes, due to negative audience reactions at preview screenings (Trailer (promotion)). In


Copyright (C) 2015-2017 PlacesKnownFor.com
Last modified: Tue Oct 10 05:56:30 EDT 2017