of the Religion, Philosophy, Literature, Geography, Chronology, Astronomy, Customs, Laws and Astrology of India about A.D. 1030, by Edward C. Sachau Published by Kegan Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co., 1910 As a matter of fact the Sarhad (Sar Hadd) range which runs from north to south and separates the Sub-continent of India from the Plateau of Iran, commences in the vicinity of Tiz. Tis was formerly an active commercial port, and was destroyed by the Mongols. There are still some ruins in the village. The Portuguese (Portugal) were the first colonial country to attack the Makran (Oman) Sea. The Portuguese forces under Afonso de Albuquerque gained control of Chabahar and Tis, staying there until 1031 A.H. (1621). The British, and later the Portuguese in the 17th century (year 1616) AC (1026 A.H.), entered this region. The railway network converges on Tehran and connects all major parts of the country. The Iranian cities of Isfahan and Shiraz were linked to Tehran in 2009. Further extension of this line to Bushehr and Bandar Abbas is planned. Furthermore the construction of Chabahar-Zahedan-Mashhad railway, extending from southeast to northeast of the country to the length of 1,350 kilometers, started in 2010 with 3 billion euro credit. http: www.payvand.com news 10 may 1080.html
; today, Broadway Avenue is again an active commercial district and the Nutana area is again considered desirable. November 16, 1901 July 1, 1903 May 26, 1906 Temperance Colony founded at Nutana (Nutana, Saskatoon). Riversdale (Riversdale, Saskatoon), Nutana, and Saskatoon (Central Business District, Saskatoon) merge to form city. Most populous and geographically largest city in Saskatchewan. - thumb right Victoria One room school One Room Schoolhouse (File:VictoriaSchool.UofS.jpg) The Victoria School House, known also as the Little Stone School House, was built in 1888 as the first school house of the Temperance Colony. The one room school house was originally constructed in Nutana (Nutana, Saskatoon). The location is now known as five corners at the south or top of the Broadway Bridge (Broadway Bridge (Saskatoon)). The school yard at one time comprised three school houses, as the population grew. The little stone school house was preserved and moved on campus. It was declared a historic site on June 1, 1967.
in the 17th century thanks to active commercial growth in the area Yaroslavl became more important than ever. By the middle of the century it was the second biggest Russian city with population of 15 thousands people. Starting with 1692 Pereslavl and Rostov were finally subjected to Yaroslavl. In 1719 after a new administrative reform territories of the modern oblast were separated between the Yaroslavl and Uglich Provinces of the Saint Petersburg Governorate and Pereslavl and Kostroma Provinces of the Moscow Governorate. In 1727 Yaroslavl and Uglich were also handed to Moscow. Russian Empire After the foundation of Saint Petersburg and a subsequent decline of the northern trading routes Yaroslav lost its role of a major trade center and the second most important Russian city. Nonetheless the city continued to drive development of its region entering an era of industrial growth. In 1718 the first public elementary school was established in Yaroslavl, in 1747 Spaso-Preobrazhensky monastery opened a seminary. In 1750 young Yaroslavl socialite Fyodor Volkov organized the very first permanent theater in Russia. In 1777 a separate Yaroslavl Governorate (then viceroyalty) was established, it included surrounding areas of Yaroslavl, Rostov and Uglich. As a part of the reform many settlements of the region were granted town status, namely Rybinsk, Poshekhonye, Myshkin (Myshkin (town)) and Mologa. Changes continued with the archbishop of Rostov moving his permanent residence from Rostov to Yaroslavl. In 1803 Pavel Demidov (Pavel Grigoryevich Demidov) founded the Yaroslavl School of Higher Studies, the first university college in the governorate. Since the 18th century Rostov became widely known for its finift enamel jewelry crafts. In 1850 the first Russian tobacco factory Balkanskaya Zvezda was opened in Yaroslavl. First railroads connected the Yaroslavl region with Moscow in 1870 and Vologda in 1872. In 1879 Dmitri Mendeleev helped to create the first oil refinery in the empire near Romanov-Borisoglebsk. During the 1910s the region was intended to become a major center of burgeoning automotive industry, new factories were founded in Rybinsk (Russky Renault (NPO Saturn)) and Yaroslavl (Lebedev Automobile Factory) in 1916. Soviet years Soviet power in the Yaroslavl Governorate was installed in a relatively peaceful way. The only notable events of the Civil War (Russian Civil War) that occurred in the region were the Yaroslavl and Rybinsk revolts of July 1918 organized by Boris Savinkov's Union for the Defense of the Motherland and Freedom. In Rybinsk Cheka aided with the Red Army dealt with the rebels in one day, but in Yaroslavl the clashes continued for two weeks. To put the Yaroslavl rebels down, the Reds had to involve their artillery and aviation. Both sides lost more than a thousand people during those events, thousands of Yaroslavl families lost their homes in the subsequent fires. Although the revolts were unsuccessful, they still managed to draw a significant part of the Bolshevik forces off to Central Russia helping the Whites (White movement) to capture Yekaterinburg, Simbirsk, and Kazan. In 1921-1923, the northern part of the governorate shorty became a separate Rybinsk Governorate later returned to Yaroslavl jurisdiction. In 1929, the region was split one more time between Yaroslavl and Rybinsk Okrugs, which became a part of the newly established Ivanovo Industrial Oblast (Ivanovo Oblast). Yaroslavl Oblast was created on March 11, 1936, which included most of the former Yaroslavl Governorate added with a big part of the former Kostroma Governorate, along with the City of Kostroma (Kostroma) itself, and Pereslavl-Zalessky of the Vladimir Governorate. In 1944, the Yaroslavl Oblast got its current borders after the Kostroma Oblast became a separate region. During the 1930s, like the rest of the country, the Yaroslavl Oblast went through rapid forced industrialization of the first five year plans (five-year plans for the national economy of the Soviet Union). In 1935, construction of the Rybinsk dam began, it was followed by creation of the Rybinsk Reservoir, the largest man-made body of water on Earth at that time, that inundated the entire city of Mologa. By the early 1940s, the oblast became one of the most industrialized regions of Russia, its biggest economic centers were Yaroslavl (53% of the industrial output), Rybinsk (17%) and Kostroma (11%). Economic growth was accompanied with social and cultural development. A number of higher education institutes, theaters, and a philharmonia were founded in Yaroslavl and Rybisnk. On the other hand, the region was also significantly affected with the political repressions of that time (Political repression in the Soviet Union). During the period from 1918 to 1975, 18,155 people were given sentences for political crimes, including 2,219 sentenced to death. Despite being a rear region in the course of the World War II, the Yaroslavl Oblast was still in danger of invasion. Many regional manufacturers were relocated eastwards, two strong lines of defense were constructed in the late 1941. Out of 500 thousand residents of the oblast sent to fight on the front lines, 200 thousand (1 10 of the entire population) did not return. Right after the end of the war, the oblast went on to complete the old projects finishing the construction of the Rybinsk Hydroelectric Power Station and establishing new industries. Beginning with the late 1960s, the Poshekhonye brand of cheese received recognition throughout Russia. In 1979, Yarslavl became a regular host of now the oldest jazz festival in Russia, ''Jazz Nad Volgoi'' ("Jazz on Volga"). Politics thumb right 200px Seat of the Oblast government in Sovetskaya Square (image:Oblast-governement-yar.jpg) During the Soviet (Soviet Union) period, the high authority in the oblast was shared between three persons: The first secretary of the Yaroslavl CPSU Committee (who in reality had the biggest authority), the chairman of the oblast Soviet (legislative power), and the Chairman of the oblast Executive Committee (executive power). Since 1991, CPSU lost all the power, and the head of the Oblast administration, and eventually the governor was appointed elected alongside elected regional parliament (Regional parliaments of Russia). The Charter of Yaroslavl Oblast is the fundamental law of the region. The Legislative Assembly of Yaroslavl Oblast is the province's standing legislative (representative) body. The Legislative Assembly exercises its authority by passing laws, resolutions, and other legal acts and by supervising the implementation and observance of the laws and other legal acts passed by it. The highest executive body is the Oblast Government, which includes territorial executive bodies such as district administrations, committees, and commissions that facilitate development and run the day to day matters of the province. The Oblast administration supports the activities of the Governor who is the highest official and acts as guarantor of the observance of the oblast Charter in accordance with the Constitution of Russia. Administrative divisions commons:category:Yaroslavl Oblast wikipedia:Yaroslavl Oblast
.''Michigan International Trade Association''. Retrieved on September 3, 2007. "Detroit is the most active commercial port of entry in the USA." "Greater Detroit is the number one exporting region among 310 defined metropolitan areas (CMSA) in the U.S." with an extensive toll-free expressway system. Regional Advantages for International Business. ''World Trade Center Detroit Windsor''. Retrieved on September 3, 2007. Why doesn't Michigan have toll roads?.''Michigan Department of Transportation''. Retrieved on September 5, 2007. "A system of toll free highways has been viewed as important to commerce, industry, tourism, and general economic development." A 2004 Border Transportation Partnership study showed that 150,000 jobs in the Detroit-Windsor region and $13 billion in annual production depend on Detroit's international border crossing. Detroit Regional Chamber (2006) Detroit Windsor Border Update: Part I-Detroit River International Crossing Study A source of top talent, the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor is one of the world's leading research institutions,
downtown and major shopping areas like Memorial Parkway (Memorial Parkway (Huntsville)) and University Drive (University Drive (Huntsville)) and has recently expanded some of the buses to include bike racks on the front for a trial program. A trolley makes stops at tourist attractions and shopping centers. The city runs HandiRide, a demand-response transit system for the handicapped, and RideShare, a county-wide carpooling program. Railroads Huntsville has two active commercial rail
rockets, the X-15, or the space shuttle (Space Shuttle). The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has granted commercial astronaut wings to civilian pilots who have performed a successful spaceflight. Currently, only Mike Melvill and Brian Binnie have these wings. ''Active Commercial Space Licenses'', FAA, accessed 2007-02-20
where some of them form part of the public transport system as active commercial carriers. Most extensive of those still employing steam traction is the Harz mountain group of metre gauge lines, the Harzer Schmalspurbahnen. Other notable lines are the Zittau-Oybin-Jonsdorf line in Saxony, the Mollibahn and the Rügensche Kleinbahn on the Isle of Rügen (Rügen) on the Baltic coast and the Radebeul-Radeburg line, Weisseritztalbahn in the suburbs of Dresden. Although
Six people, including two children, were found dead in a Memphis (w:Memphis, Tennessee), Tennessee home in the United States on Monday. Three wounded children were also found at the scene, a 7-year-old boy, a 10-month-old girl and a 4-year-old whose gender was not reported, were sent to Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center (w:Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center). Two were last reported in very critical condition, while the other was in serious condition.
along the Schuylkill during the late 19th century and early 20th century. It is now primarily a residential neighborhood, with an active commercial sector along Girard Avenue. Despite struggling with poverty in recent decades, Brewerytown has seen a recent influx of young professionals (Hipster (contemporary subculture)), and it is considered a neighborhood on the rise. The '''Reconstructionist Rabbinical College''' ('''RRC'''), is located in Wyncote, Pennsylvania, about 10 miles (16
book ''Aqd al-Ala lel-Moghefe al Ahla'', Afdhal al-Din abu Hamid Kermani wrote in 584 A.H. about the port of Tiz and its commerce and trade. Tis was formerly an active commercial port, and was destroyed by the Mongols. There are still some ruins in the village. The Portuguese (Portugal) were the first colonial country to attack the Makran (Oman) Sea. The Portuguese forces under Afonso de Albuquerque gained control of Chabahar and Tis, staying there until 1031 A.H. The British, and later the Portuguese in the 17th century (year 1616) AC (1026 A.H.), entered this region.